• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

it's rare but I wouldn't say super rare

Even at level 50+, I only ever seem to find critical ratings of 150-ish. Just unlucky I guess.

You can get them higher than 600, not really super rare. Trying to get other desirable stats on top of that though is definitely super rare.

Its a nice reminder that there is the potential for Cosmics to be useful. In this case my Emmas crit percentage was only about 15%. The Cosmic item pushed it up near 30%

Epic items (now) always roll with 6 affixes. What's happening here is it's rolling critical rating 3+ times. I've got as high as 1032 critical rating but I think there's only 2 other stats on it?

I think Gaz has "fixed" this so that it doesn't happen with (most) other affix's... like I've never seen a 6,000 HP slot or anything. You can get +16 on slot 1's sometimes when using the reroll cosmic recipe, but I don't think it happens 'in the wild' anymore.

I still had 5 affixes on the item. Its just the other stats were kinda crappy.

ihCuOMZA8HGTT.jpg

Ken

what settings do i hit to make my own character's model detail (or player characters in general) better? i couldn't find any character specific graphics settings in the options.

KePoW

Banned
what settings do i hit to make my own character's model detail (or player characters in general) better? i couldn't find any character specific graphics settings in the options.

I would just start with the Maximum preset

If it's too slow, then adjust downward from there

Ken

I would just start with the Maximum preset

If it's too slow, then adjust downward from there

for some reason my game likes to choke up or slow down in MM. probably from too much stuff going on i guess so i just set everything as low as it can go but i would like more detailed player characters more than anything else

Volimar

for some reason my game likes to choke up or slow down in MM. probably from too much stuff going on i guess so i just set everything as low as it can go but i would like more detailed player characters more than anything else

That happens loads of people.

Xevren

We welcome the Baron!

Also that brief Steam sale that kind of showed up and got shut down last week is live again. Snagged the Gambit pack.

Mulgrok

I started playing a while ago and am working on my 8 or 9th 60 atm (hawkeye).

I really should play my favorite character more, Squirrel Girl, but having fun either way.

I've read that new players receive 100 Eternity Splinters when they complete the tutorial mission for the first time. However, it only appears that I have one that I picked up on the Raft mission. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Shit, there they are.

KePoW

Banned
I've read that new players receive 100 Eternity Splinters when they complete the tutorial mission for the first time. However, it only appears that I have one that I picked up on the Raft mission. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Shit, there they are.

make sure you complete the whole Story mode for another 100 splinters later

Ken

oh man, i turned up the graphics setting to high and everything looks so different lol.

also bought emma's new costume. those boobs are silly haha

KePoW

Banned
oh man, i turned up the graphics setting to high and everything looks so different lol.

also bought emma's new costume. those boobs are silly haha

if you feel like you need to save some frames in Midtown, here are the first settings you should try:

- turn OFF "Allied Power Particles"
- turn ON "Dynamic Quality Adjustment"

- turn OFF "Dynamic Shadows"
- turn OFF "Dynamic Lights"

(the last two should be final resort)

Xevren

Really not a fan of the drop rates for ARMOR drives, kinda makes these events mehtastic. It feels like it's on an incredibly shitty timer.

Ken

if you feel like you need to save some frames in Midtown, here are the first settings you should try:

- turn OFF "Allied Power Particles"
- turn ON "Dynamic Quality Adjustment"

- turn OFF "Dynamic Shadows"
- turn OFF "Dynamic Lights"

(the last two should be final resort)

Oh yeah those would be good. I don't need to see other player effects.

Nibiru

Banned
Really not a fan of the drop rates for ARMOR drives, kinda makes these events mehtastic. It feels like it's on an incredibly shitty timer.

Events that are comprised of nothing but a new item drop should be ignored imo.

I'm just saying that by ignoring it and just playing like you normally would is the best way to not give a shit about drop rates.

Also the feedback on the forum for the price of items and drop rates of this event currency is very bad so I expect a change will happen. The devs seem to be very good at listening to the community.

Only thing I've heard about crit% in general is that it's not until 35-40% crit rating that crit damage starts becoming more benificial than ordinary damage rating. Seeing as you got 7k crit damage there I would suggest to aim for a bit more crit chance as well. Everything else looks really good though!

Will work on squeezing a bit more on today. Hopefully get some good drops, otherwise I'll have to look at the Trades.

I use: cosmic Doom medal instead of Pyro

Adv. Meta instead of Black Tom's. I have a spare Black Tom's but it's only energy damage of which only 50-60% of my damage is.

His new slot 2 instead of Apoc armor.

Still looking for Sandals of Hercules.

Voice of the Spirit Walker runeword. Only lose 100 damage rating and the proc off Fire Barrage, but gain 300 defense, 30 spirit and 300 health. The 30 spirit should give like 80 damage rating as well? Unsure on exact value.

God of Thunder's belt for slot 3. That hotdog cart was better, didn't get into Iron Man until after that was over.

Some other things that I have different is some crit rating on costume affixes, as has been pointed out you could do with some. Maybe replace the damage rating affixes with crit rating.

My core is flat +60 suit power and +1480 health. Unsure if this is a great choice but I don't have any issues soloing cosmic Kurse with no invuln on medkit use etc.

Insignia is a bit different. I use Valkyrie:

+1059 health
+967 crit damage
+76 suit power

Your ring could be slightly better. I have the exact one except with suit power instead of brutal strike damage.

Hand of Doom is another choice instead of the Black Tom's.

A bit of gearing is personal choice, I gear for what I want and that may be different from what you want, but since you asked for opinions, there it is.

Okay thanks.
I've stuck a Cosmic Doom on this morning. My roll is pretty mediocre, but I'll see how it goes. Same for the Adv. Meta. Have a 314 roll, so I've replaced the BTS with that for the meantime.

Spirit gives damage rating?

Will look at re-rolling crit rating into the damage rating slots on my costume.

Yeah, I knew my Insignia was mediocre, but have nothing to trade that's really worth a better one, so I'm just hoping for a new drop at this point.

No Hand of Doom either, so I'll stick with the Adv. Meta for today's testing.

For green raids, it's more than fine. They aren't nearly the gear check people make them out to be. That said:

Adv SSS unnecessary. Switch with Danger AI chip/Adv Meta.

Black Tom is straight up inferior to Danger AI chip (energy) except for the first couple seconds of a fight.

A regular meta would out DPS your HoN and you don't need the spirit restore or proc.

I mentioned this before, but I prefer to save my GotK's on characters with innate crit and brut. I went with a Ziggeraut. The TP bonus/instant health loss also works well with an invul core. GotK is (obviously?) a DPS upgrade over a zigg though but meh.

Doctor Doom is my top choice, but a well rolled Sauron is surprisingly good (500+ damage rating 200+ crit) as is Green Goblin (health/damage mix).

Your slots 1-5 need better rolls overall. +6 to your slot 1 probably being most important. Slot 3 can be a hotdog cart. I use hercules for slot 4 but well rolled cosmic works too. Keep in mind your main attack is (likely) repulsor barrage, so boosting that higher will give you an overall better DPS increase than boosting missiles or anything else.

So, why is this? I have two Danger AI chips, but both Mental, so maybe I'll try the trades and see if anyone wants to do a swap.

Thanks everyone for the tips! Much appreciated.

The Danger Chip essentially has an additional 300 energy/mental/physical damage rating I think, when you deal damage. And it has a bunch of defensive affixes too.

Sblargh

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYa3Cl3Ha0

Me doing a 3 minute cosmic Kurse run with DD on a build that somebody on the official forums said, and I quote, "is not advisable for endgame content".

Pissed me off for some reason; say it could have better DPS, say you don't like how it plays, but don't go around judging that a build that easily melts every endgame content in the game is not good for endgame content.

Carm

So, Friday morning 2amish, was watching TV, heard a crash near computer. I flip inputs to PC, no signal, couple seconds later PC auto shuts down. So, I open the case, heatsink/fan is off CPU and laying on GPU. After prepping sink/CPU to install, I try and can't put it back on, after examing the MB I notice one of the retention brackets snapped off *sigh*. So, here I am slowly typing on a tablet waiting till Monday on a Newegg delivery I paid way to much for shipping. Hopefully no other damage was done, I'm worried the GPU was damaged since I had no signal while it was still on. I would think the auto shutdown prevented CPU damage, hopefully. Sucks missing the ARMOR event for the weekend, hopefully back up Monday, will just grind for longer till patch.

is there a high res client cause my emma frost costume doesnt look like that render :(

Renders they use can be misleading(intentionally deceptive) depending on costume. Ms. Marvel Binary Costume for example. It looks like garbage in game compared to the store render.

Lord Phol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYa3Cl3Ha0

Me doing a 3 minute cosmic Kurse run with DD on a build that somebody on the official forums said, and I quote, "is not advisable for endgame content".

Pissed me off for some reason; say it could have better DPS, say you don't like how it plays, but don't go around judging that a build that easily melts every endgame content in the game is not good for endgame content.

Good job man! Nothing like proving a know-it-all trying to lecture you wrong. I'm a firm believer in making your own builds, if it works it works.

Ken

Even if you zoom in all the way??

Renders they use can be misleading(intentionally deceptive) depending on costume. Ms. Marvel Binary Costume for example. It looks like garbage in game compared to the store render.

The shadows on the model are pretty rough in game, especially on the hair? The face doesn't look as nice either. And the way the skirt tapers off at the end makes her look fat. :( But this could all be because of the camera I suppose.

Dunno!

Blank!

Keep in mind, the conversion is every 1 spirit = 3 damage rating. So it's value drops in certain slots. Insignia slots for example maxes out at 80 spirit (240 damage rating) but ranged damage value can go up to 294. So it's a suitable replacement affix if you get a high enough roll, but ultimately a damage loss from a "perfect" insignia.

Cores on the other hand, go up to 94 spirit (282 damage rating) but top off at 200 ranged (or energy) damage in a single affix. Slotting for damage on your core is a damage loss versus spirit.

(EDIT #2) also, re Rune Words... Brigand's Fortune is better than Fire Barrage/Voice of Spirit walker for IM. 70 spirit = 210 damage rating, and the 8-10% attack speed you'll gain will beat out the other 190 damage rating on barrage. The other benefit is it's flat damage rating/Attack speed so it'll benefit everything. After that, Power Doop/Bowzaon/GoM are probably the 'expensive' runeword options you want to look at.

(EDIT) Also, I now proclaim myself King of the top page.

Ken

Yay got 60 Black Panther. Now off to level a new hero! I wanted to level Jean but it sounds like she's getting her 52 Review soon. Maybe Emma or Ms. Marvel, as the latter is already 39 I think although I kind of want to mix it up from melee to something else.

Also this Honor of Asgard thing seems cool; just got a level 60 unique out of it. Are there anymore items like it that I should seek out?

Top Bottom