• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

Hey guys I just learned about this game today and downloaded it. How do I play with my Xbox 360 remote?

Seems quite possible with something like xpadder.

There is a keybind in game for "walk to cursor" you could bind all the left analogue directions to that (default W I think) and use the right stick as cursor movement. Set the cursor speed soooo incredibly high. Like corner to corner in less than a second.

Keybinds for abilities could be bound to the face buttons etc. using trigger modifiers to access the full amount needed.

Inventory management and navigating UI would be impossible, but only necessary when you need to do some selling etc. So you could grab a mouse for that stuff.

I would never use it, but most of the game is pretty easy. Could at least run through the story and see how you like the game.

Any reasons that wouldn't work that I am not thinking of?

Ken

Tried out melee IM. Pretty cool animations. I felt really squishy though. D:

BTW how is Psylocke currently? Kind of want to level her but she sounds mediocre going by her forums.

She actually is pretty decent but some bugs on her skills and stealth make it annoying to use. Like sometimes you won't go into stealth so you can't assassinate or assassinate itself just doesn't hit for some goddamn reason, but when it does it can hit very hard. I hear that the new power cosmic and hybrid stuff added in make her pretty strong having decent time to kills on the dummies. I find her pretty fun to play and compared to some other heroes she can survive well because that decoy is a pretty good taunt and gives her stealth.

Vecks

I was wondering if I could join the NeoGAF supergroup?

MH ID: Biggz

Invite sent.

BTW how is Psylocke currently? Kind of want to level her but she sounds mediocre going by her forums.

She's probably not that great compared to other heroes, but I like playing as a ninja. The visuals of zipping around in a blur with all the slashing sound effects is what makes it fun for me. She feels a bit better than when she was first released, but like SixMachine said, still has some bugs here and there. Some of her abilities seem counter-intuitive. For example, her signature and ultimate break stealth, so you can't stealth when you use them, which is problematic when assassinate depends on stealth to work.

Drayco21

I wouldn't recommend playing any character without a costume, default of otherwise. WIth a small credit investment you can get 1000+ dmg rating at lvl 40+ which really helps with leveling. If you really want to play around with the blender, get him to 60 first. Or, if you have a lot of time, get that 200 synergy xp and start pestiging. You can always do the Sinister N/H/SH quest on a few characters to get those 50% xp boosts and have at least 250% boosted xp. Add a server side boost which are pretty common these days and you can get 1-60 fairly quickly. My current plan is to hoard as many default costumes as I can before Nova is released so I can try to get the Rich Rider costume. Thought UMs would be a problem but I got a lot of those while I was farming a GoK for my Surfer.

You have my sword. No one should be stuck with a Sam Alexander.

Best character in the game.

2620433-2559505-9219002946-u445.jpg

There is a keybind in game for "walk to cursor" you could bind all the left analogue directions to that (default W I think) and use the right stick as cursor movement. Set the cursor speed soooo incredibly high. Like corner to corner in less than a second.

Keybinds for abilities could be bound to the face buttons etc. using trigger modifiers to access the full amount needed.

Inventory management and navigating UI would be impossible, but only necessary when you need to do some selling etc. So you could grab a mouse for that stuff.

I would never use it, but most of the game is pretty easy. Could at least run through the story and see how you like the game.

I do something similar (although, I don't use W together with it. Just click like normal).
I'm curious, am I the only one crazy enough to create my own controller setup for this game? I've played like this since the beta.
vUHGzZq.png

It could be tweaked, but it gets the job done. I'd need to change it up a bit if I played someone like Strange though, so I could go between hotbars quicker.

Vecks

Are you strictly melee? Or still half hybrid?

Mostly melee. I switched from Gungnir to Excalibur for my legendary. The only ranged move I use is the one she starts out with, for the extra DoT, weakening, and mental damage rating buff from outback cloak.

KePoW

Banned
Mostly melee. I switched from Gungnir to Excalibur for my legendary. The only ranged move I use is the one she starts out with, for the extra DoT, weakening, and mental damage rating buff from outback cloak.

ok I'm trying to find a fun build for her, doesn't have to be the most effective, but just fun to play

Man, the ARMOR drives drop slooooow.

I ended up back on the Playstation this weekend, just don't see me accumulating 1000 of these things in any less than like 6 events - and the artifacts don't really interest me anyway.

SS is very very good. Probably one of the best in the game when it comes to single target damage.

I've had a couple of Xdef's with a Silver Surfer or two and I'm always in awe of how quickly they smash away at boss health.

Panzon

Thanks for the info but I found a way to get the controller to work a while ago. Everything works just fine actually. The game itself is not what I expected though so Im just gonna move on to something else

Sblargh

Banned
People are complaining the new artifacts are *too good* for summoners and they *need* to have it and 1000 armor thingies is too much.

I mean, it would be nice for it to be cheaper so I could have them, but c'mon.

"Before it existed, I was fine doing every content in the game, but now that it exists, I NEED to have it and since I can't have it fast enough, I wish it didn't existed, but it does, so I NEED it!"

KePoW

Banned
People are complaining the new artifacts are *too good* for summoners and they *need* to have it and 1000 armor thingies is too much.

"Before it existed, I was fine doing every content in the game, but now that it exists, I NEED to have it and since I can't have it fast enough, I wish it didn't existed, but it does, so I NEED it!"

Typical whiners and complainers. Before this patch, everyone was saying Squirrel Girl is great. Now she sucks even though she's the exact same??

I was browsing the official forums a couple days ago (rarely do), and quickly left after a few minutes cause there so many complainers

Blank!

Meh, they're complaining because event item price has skyrocketed. Seriously, compare this to farming hot dogs. I made enough hot dogs to buy 10+ dawson carts, sentinel parts drop enough that I could make energy blasters till my eyes fell out. Even during the Conch event, it was very possible to get 1-3 crimson box or whatever for a chance at a boss-specific artifact.

Even if you're getting 100 armor cores a day, the event will be over before you can buy **1** artifact. I know they plan on bringing this back and such, but god it must suck if you actually play more than 1 summoner... or god forbid that other artifact ends up being really good for someone else.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is there any way to upgrade gear in the game? I just got a level 44 Raccoonatics Minigun, and I want to know if it's possible for me to upgrade it to level 60 in the future.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to upgrade a level 25 Uru-Forge item into a level 50 one of the same type?

Is there any way to upgrade gear in the game? I just got a level 44 Raccoonatics Minigun, and I want to know if it's possible for me to upgrade it to level 60 in the future.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to upgrade a level 25 Uru-Forge item into a level 50 one of the same type?

Once you get the crafter up a high enough level, you can level uniques to 60 but I think it's lvl19 crafter to do that and it's like 400000 credits. I don't think you can uplevel uru forged but you will eventually find one naturally or you can trade someone.

KePoW

Banned

- yes you can upgrade Uniques to level 60 at the crafter

- cannot upgrade Uru items, but they are not that rare and you will find level 50 versions

Once you get the crafter up a high enough level, you can level uniques to 60 but I think it's lvl19 crafter to do that and it's like 400000 credits. I don't think you can uplevel uru forged but you will eventually find one naturally or you can trade someone.

600,000, elements and two unstable molecules for the level 60. It's extremely expensive.

Almost better value grinding at 60 to find another one haha..

Top Bottom