• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hot tip on Brigand's Fortune Blank, will switch from Fire Barrage to that.

KePoW

Banned
Good job man! Nothing like proving a know-it-all trying to lecture you wrong. I'm a firm believer in making your own builds, if it works it works.

I definitely agree with this, I always try every single power out myself. Retcons are easy to get in this game and I still have over 110 of them

I don't know why someone would just straight copy the "FOTM" build on a forum, without trying anything else. That's no fun!

KePoW

Banned
The shadows on the model are pretty rough in game, especially on the hair? The face doesn't look as nice either. And the way the skirt tapers off at the end makes her look fat. :( But this could all be because of the camera I suppose.

Dunno!

That still looks pretty good, although not exactly quality of a render. I don't have the costume myself yet so I'm not sure

Felt like years but it's done, it's finally fucking done.

zFwe1vc.jpg

I'm more interested in the Cyke review, gimme info!

- Ricochet Blast now deals 40% extra damage to bosses/elites.
- To keep Cyclops's active button count to a minimum, we've removed Tactical Command and merged its effects into Ricochet Blast.
- Veteran Command is now his signature power.

Boom done.

KePoW

Banned
- To keep Cyclops's active button count to a minimum, we've removed Tactical Command and merged its effects into Ricochet Blast.

Boom done.

umm wtf...that doesn't sound very fun

Xevren

Boom done.

Lmao, you're the best. See kepow, this is how you troll.

Boom done.

You know what's funny? He played the exact same way in Ultimate Alliance except he could shoot ricochet blasts much faster. Cyclops, forever a ricochet spammer.

KePoW

Banned
You know what's funny? He played the exact same way in Ultimate Alliance except he could shoot ricochet blasts much faster. Cyclops, forever a ricochet spammer.

Does Cyclops actually use ricochet in comix??

I don't mean against walls or metal, but like against humans/organics. If so, how do they explain that?

Does Cyclops actually use ricochet in comix??

I don't mean against walls or metal, but like against humans/organics. If so, how do they explain that?

In the comics, whenever he ricochets off something, it's a surface or something reflective, like wolverine's claws or the glass off the side of a building (I remember reading an issue where he has emma mentally pinpoint the targets many blocks away and he sniped them by reflecting off a bunch of surfaces). But no, I don't think his ricochets functions like they ever do in the game, and it would probably be pretty hard and computation intensive if they ever made "real" ricochet mechanics bouncing off any surface, so they probably just make it easy and have it bounce off enemies and objects.

KePoW

Banned
In the comics, whenever he ricochets off something, it's a surface or something reflective, like wolverine's claws or the glass off the side of a building (I remember reading an issue where he has emma mentally pinpoint the targets many blocks away and he sniped them by reflecting off a bunch of surfaces). But no, I don't think his ricochets functions like they ever do in the game

ok yea that's what I would have thought. I wonder why they make it that way in video games, that doesn't seem very realistic

WatTsu

Kind of a dumb question but bear with me:

I have finally gotten some costume cores. Can I use these on my default costume or do I need to find/buy one for my hero?

KePoW

Banned
Said about a video game about superheros.

Your trolls are weak.

what's the difference between comix and video games? that's why I asked if it was in comix. they are both unrealistic mediums...in fact many people make fun of comix in that respect. so why do comix not show that type of ricochet but a video game does?

Sblargh

Banned
Kind of a dumb question but bear with me:

I have finally gotten some costume cores. Can I use these on my default costume or do I need to find/buy one for my hero?

It took me some two months to find that out, but you know what else you can do with defaul costumes? Get 3 of them and create a random costume!

Then sure, a hero without a costume can't have cores in them, but you don't really need it to get to lvl 60, so, if you don't think you'll be doing endgame stuff with a hero, sacrifice his default to the greater good!

Spoit

Eh, the affixes are still a pretty good chunk of stats, And if you're just rerolling for types of stats, rather than trying to max rolls, it's not really all that expensive

Sblargh

Banned
Eh, the affixes are still a pretty good chunk of stats, And if you're just rerolling for types of stats, rather than trying to max rolls, it's not really all that expensive

No, if you're keeping the costume, use a core, totally; what I'm saying is that you could be blending it.

Spoit

No, if you're keeping the costume, use a core, totally; what I'm saying is that you could be blending it.

No, I mean, even if you're not planing on fully gearing out that character, tossing on a bunch of affixes is a pretty good amount of stats, which you'd seriously miss unless you plan on absolutely never playing that character again

Ragnaroz

I wouldn't recommend playing any character without a costume, default of otherwise. WIth a small credit investment you can get 1000+ dmg rating at lvl 40+ which really helps with leveling. If you really want to play around with the blender, get him to 60 first. Or, if you have a lot of time, get that 200 synergy xp and start pestiging. You can always do the Sinister N/H/SH quest on a few characters to get those 50% xp boosts and have at least 250% boosted xp. Add a server side boost which are pretty common these days and you can get 1-60 fairly quickly. My current plan is to hoard as many default costumes as I can before Nova is released so I can try to get the Rich Rider costume. Thought UMs would be a problem but I got a lot of those while I was farming a GoK for my Surfer.

Ken

I wouldn't recommend playing any character without a costume, default of otherwise. WIth a small credit investment you can get 1000+ dmg rating at lvl 40+ which really helps with leveling

How? I have no idea how to do anything with costumes besides equipping them lol.

Maledict

I wouldn't recommend playing any character without a costume, default of otherwise. WIth a small credit investment you can get 1000+ dmg rating at lvl 40+ which really helps with leveling. If you really want to play around with the blender, get him to 60 first. Or, if you have a lot of time, get that 200 synergy xp and start pestiging. You can always do the Sinister N/H/SH quest on a few characters to get those 50% xp boosts and have at least 250% boosted xp. Add a server side boost which are pretty common these days and you can get 1-60 fairly quickly. My current plan is to hoard as many default costumes as I can before Nova is released so I can try to get the Rich Rider costume. Thought UMs would be a problem but I got a lot of those while I was farming a GoK for my Surfer.

Hmm, I thought the stats you added to costumes were fixed, not random! Is it recommended then that you keep rerolling them just for damage rating for levelling then?

Thoughts on using the M'Kraan Crystal legendary on Colossus? It's been reworked so it has spirit, +1000 health, +500 damage and +500 critical rating and spirit regen proc on it.

I have a weird thing about wanting each of my characters to have a different legendary... (Emma has the Shield, Wolverine has Excalibur, I was going to give Gungnir to Rogue since she'll be all types of damage, but might go Power Cosmic.)
How? I have no idea how to do anything with costumes besides equipping them lol.
It's a tab on the crafter, adds affixes. Crafter needs to be a certain level though I think. Cores are added in the same tab.

I think it's easiest to try and get good numbers when the costume is core-less and level 1, as the range is smaller.

Ken

Thoughts on using the M'Kraan Crystal legendary on Colossus? It's been reworked so it has spirit, +1000 health, +500 damage and +500 critical rating and spirit regen proc on it.

I have a weird thing about wanting each of my characters to have a different legendary... (Emma has the Shield, Wolverine has Excalibur, I was going to give Gungnir to Rogue since she'll be all types of damage, but might go Power Cosmic.)
It's a tab on the crafter, adds affixes. Crafter needs to be a certain level though I think. Cores are added in the same tab.

I think it's easiest to try and get good numbers when the costume is core-less and level 1, as the range is smaller.

Is the "+1000 damage" on the core?

GManDH

quick note. David Brevik himself kind of said sort of hinted that there is one upcoming hero that would benefit GREATLY from the power cosmic. It is almost as if they made the power cosmic for rogue, or with the intent of it being full tested on rogue.

Flambe

All this costume core stuff sounds important but confusing lol.

Okay I have Rocket Racoon at lvl 48, do I just wanted the Ranged Power Damage Rating Shard Core then? And it scales to my level it seems?

Also the crafter has Grade 1,2,3 affixes. How do those work into this? The M'kraan Cores I have don't have Grading or anything o.o

Gothos

Cyclops preview up: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/123958/cyclops-52-review-early-advance-preview

Looks pretty good. I like the changes to the Tactics Tree where you can order out different X-men ala Beta Ray Bill team-up style. Way better than pets/summons IMO. I'm also guessing he will be utilising the new Repulsor visual tech for some of his beams.

Sounds good. I hoped they will scrap the melee tree (who picks Cyke to play him melee, come on!) but I guess they had no concept of good, third skill tree. Tactical summons looks awesome. BEAST! YES!

Dec

All this costume core stuff sounds important but confusing lol.

Okay I have Rocket Racoon at lvl 48, do I just wanted the Ranged Power Damage Rating Shard Core then? And it scales to my level it seems?

Also the crafter has Grade 1,2,3 affixes. How do those work into this? The M'kraan Cores I have don't have Grading or anything o.o

Costume affixes can be put on your costume, one of each grade (1, 2, 3, 4) at the same time, you can choose between defense or offensive for each grade. When you apply an affix it is randomly rolled which stat you get and how much of that stat. It can sometimes take a handful of tries to get what is optimal.

Affixes will scale with the level of your costume.

The level of your costume is determined by the level of the core you craft onto it. Cores do not scale, you need to find a new core at level 60 once you get there. After applying a level 60 core it will overwrite your previous one and the affixes you previously had on your costume will scale up to their level 60 values.

Hope that makes sense.

Flambe

Ahhh okay yes that makes perfect sense, thanks Declarius. I was getting mixed up thinking Cores and Affixes were related =] My crafter just needs a couple levels before I can throw Core on is all.

KePoW

Banned
My current plan is to hoard as many default costumes as I can before Nova is released so I can try to get the Rich Rider costume. Thought UMs would be a problem but I got a lot of those while I was farming a GoK for my Surfer.

hahha wtf ! That's like 1 in 200 chance or something... why don't you just buy it??

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jean 52 preview

she can use costumes in phoenix form now too

Some quick highlights:

Most of the changes come directly from the Jean Grey feedback thread. That's the important part.

Only two powers have no changes - TK Flight and her group Endurance buff.

Every other power has some kind of change, either VFX, animation, design, etc.

Five powers are cut and their function merged into other pieces of her kit or new powers.

Some additional TK powers have been added that are possible within the game engine. (Lots of the crazier requests were cool, but just not possible).

Every power can be used in Phoenix or Jean form. (This was a big chunk of work, but will be much more fun). You can play whatever version you prefer with much more freedom of choice.

Her powers have different visuals / theming based on whether she is in Phoenix Form or Jean form.

Dark Phoenix form

Costume visibility significantly improved. This was a big chunk of work.

Overall, she feels like a much more modern hero design, looks beautiful and is WAY more fun, in my opinion.

Yes indeed.

The VFX and modeling team put a lot of thought into that, it's no easy task to show both a fiery bird and the costume at the same time.

Looking great though.

Top Bottom