• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Sblargh

Banned
From Doomsaw:

One more additional note:

It's very important to us and to the game that Cyclops is ranked appropriately high when it comes to damage output.

He is, by his nature, fairly fragile when compared to the likes of Colossus, Thing and even many of the ranged heroes, so it's only fair that his damage output is commensurately very powerful.

This is a big part of the level 52 review for Cyclops and will be tested extensively for all of his potential builds.

unfortunately no, you just kinda have to estimate it

The last time I did one of those level 60 upgrades was for Deadpool on his Daddy Deadpool Device. I had a level 45 roll and only one drop amongst probably 25 total unique drops. Decided to get it to 60.

Of course, I had another Daddy Deadpool Device drop at 60 like a day later, with better rolls across the board.

I don't re-roll uniques any more.

DrAg0nBoY

So I started playing the game and if I could join the GAF guild. My IGN: BoyLate

I also hope I get a good hero next time, because I don't really like Captain America :/.

Lord Phol

Did he say it was? I'm super curious to hear the reasoning for it now.

Not directly, he/she doesn't post on the forums, but another modeler "TheDink" mentioned something about all artists having different styles when the first images of the Jean costume showed up.

Ken

Not directly, he/she doesn't post on the forums, but another modeler "TheDink" mentioned something about all artists having different styles when the first images of the Jean costume showed up.

Hm, I was looking at other player photos of that Jean costume and theirs have hairlines on the hair. I think mine is missing some for some reason so her hair looks like one big mass of soft, orange Play-Doh. Have to check again or play with some settings because the images I saw looked a lot better than what I have.

Regardless, I really dig the rest of the costume (it's probably one of my top 5 or even top 3 costumes in the game) and hope the modeler and artist for it get to work on more costumes.

KePoW

Banned
Hm, I was looking at other player photos of that Jean costume and theirs have hairlines on the hair. I think mine is missing some for some reason so her hair looks like one big mass of soft, orange Play-Doh. Have to check again or play with some settings because the images I saw looked a lot better than what I have.

hmm I run at mostly max settings and here's what the hair looks like on my system:

i25aUTCkR7hgb.jpg

ibusOzWuykGHEn.jpg

Ken

yeah that looks better than mine i think. i'll have to check again tonight.

i probably had shadows off or something

Lord Phol

Regardless, I really dig the rest of the costume (it's probably one of my top 5 or even top 3 costumes in the game) and hope the modeler and artist for it get to work on more costumes.

Yeah it's a pretty neat costume! I'm oddly kind of looking forward to this one:

The clothes and colors are pretty horrible, but I really like the hair and face. If we ever get Madelyne Pryor (unlikely as a costume according to Ryolnir though), Here Comes Tomorrow or Battle of Atom without the mask I would be all over them.

On another note I've been prestiging Star-Lord lately (Blue lvl 20 atm) and even though I have like 170% bonus exp and am using 50%+100% potions alot it still feels like forever to level up >.>. Looking forward to getting him to 60 now so I can gear him up and come up with a build, kind of hard to decide since I like all his trees.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah it's a pretty neat costume! I'm oddly kind of looking forward to this one:

The clothes and colors are pretty horrible, but I really like the hair and face. If we ever get Madelyne Pryor (unlikely as a costume according to Ryolnir though), Here Comes Tomorrow or Battle of Atom without the mask I would be all over them.

On another note I've been prestiging Star-Lord lately (Blue lvl 20 atm) and even though I have like 170% bonus exp and am using 50%+100% potions alot it still feels like forever to level up >.>. Looking forward to getting him to 60 now so I can gear him up and come up with a build, kind of hard to decide since I like all his trees.

10570353_10152537484678908_688936402182008257_n.jpg

That new Jean outfit looks pretty good IMO.
The colors, the hair, the shoulder pads and the face tattoo all give it an 80's vibe, but yeah its nice. The artist did a good job on her face too.
Her best outfit is still the Black Queen though. Its the one I paid 10 bucks for and the one I always use.

Lord Phol

What are the best/quickest ways to upgrade your ultimate? Would be fun to have at least one guy with level 20.

Edit: Kind of answered my own question by googling, seems like farming 3800 splinters is the way to go.

Gothos

So, I uninstalled the Steam version of the game and got the launcher version and Midtown is definetely more smoother with less hickups. Of course, it could be simply because that game was freshly installed but oh well, who cares - the fact is it works better :)

inky

So, I uninstalled the Steam version of the game and got the launcher version and Midtown is definetely more smoother with less hickups. Of course, it could be simply because that game was freshly installed but oh well, who cares - the fact is it works better :)

Congrats on your 14Gb updates =)

Ferny

Hmm, has this been the case for anyone else? Would be interesting if so. May have to do the same.

Moondrop

Banned
I did that for Star-Lord, got plenty of uniques and stuff, posted an image of it some 10 or so pages back. I would do it for Nova as well but I'm all out of stash space :x.
I'm guessing the yellow and purple chests don't stack? This is tempting.

Also, what's the general strategy on shared quests? Do just one per day, or all three?

Also Marvel Girl costume for life. :p

GManDH

Also, what's the general strategy on shared quests? Do just one per day, or all three?

ALWAYS DO ALL THREE!!! youl get demon eyes and the chests cna help with gear.

Drayco21

Unfortunately they don't stack- I'd horde them like crazy if they did.

I think most people try to do all three, but they change so infrequently that I personally just do one or so if I clear most of the progress naturally during a session, and I never collect X-Def tokens.

I typically do the shared quests more for omega orbs than anything else, and it's somewhat nice to have that daily goal, but it also keeps me from leveling new characters because I want to maximize my efficiency.

Ferny

Not really, the whole games takes 15GB on my SSD and that's how much I downloaded (or maybe even a little less).

He's talking about when updates are done, it causes the whole game to download instead of just the update. I'm not sure if this is the case with every patch, but it has been an issue before.

GManDH

Yeah I guess when I'm in omega orb mode though I want to be on a level 60 for maximum xp gain and even more orbs on top of the SQ rewards.

so basically you could level up more heroes but you pick the omega orbs over that?? its all bout priorities. mine is leveling heroes so i dont mind that i dont have PERFECT omega orb gaining power, but i dont have over 500 omega points.

Moondrop

Banned
He's talking about when updates are done, it causes the whole game to download instead of just the update. I'm not sure if this is the case with every patch, but it has been an issue before.
I've been using the non-Steam launcher since launch, and I think this has only happened once.

Lord Phol

Man I'm tempted to buy that mega card bundle, I'm in dire need of exp boosts and I usually never buy cards so..

Edit: On the other hand, there's lot of useless crap as well and I don't really "need" any of the exclusive stuff.

KePoW

Banned

wat, I've never heard of that before. what made you try that, did you read it somewhere??

Gothos

wat, I've never heard of that before. what made you try that, did you read it somewhere??

As I said it might the case of fresh game install - my Steam client was installed like a year ago and since then they changed a lot in their client. Plus, you never know how the Steam overlay impacts games, especially since Gaz team proved their lack of optimization skills :)

Lord Phol

I knew Bendis writing wasn't very popular, but I had no idea he was the mother off asshats IRL. From a recent inverview:

Speaking of new readers, I imagine Richard Rider's very vocal fanbase will be interested in this story and might be picking up "Guardians of the Galaxy" for the first time because of it. Anything you want to say to this group of fans?

"It's funny, there are some die-hard and hardcore fans of DnA, god bless 'em, and already they're mad at me for what I've done. I understand loving a book's creative team, but they killed him. I'll take the hit for the stuff I've done. I've done plenty. You still want to yell at me for Hawkeye? I'll take it. I got it. I didn't kill any of the Guardians though!

Star-Lord and Richard Rider face off against Thanos in "Guardians of the Galaxy" #18 interior art by Ed McGuinness.

DnA killed those characters. They wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for us bringing them back. So you can get off my education a little bit on this one. [Laughs]

There would be no more Richard Rider stories at all if I wasn't writing one. So I don't know how else to put it. This one is not on me. I understand you have an affection for DnA, but you can't pretend they didn't write that part that you're mad about. It's OK to love and be frustrated by the work of creators, I do that to people all the time, but that's their thing. I've got my own stuff. I've got people mad at me that there's no Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe. They don't know what to do with me. I own that, but I'm not wearing their sins too."

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54899

All that damage control leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. If he had any faith in his own ability to produce quality stuff he would let his work speak for him instead of lashing out like that. Believing himself to be the only one able to bring back GoTG and Richard is as ridiculous as it is wrong, get off those high horses mister.

I knew Bendis writing wasn't very popular, but I had no idea he was the mother off asshats IRL. From a recent inverview:

All that damage control leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. If he had any faith in his own ability to produce quality stuff he would let his work speak for him instead of lashing out like that. Believing himself to be the only one able to bring back GoTG and Richard is as ridiculous as it is wrong, get off those high horses mister.

He's not wrong. Although it's not like there was a huge amount of time before he brought Rich back.

Lord Phol

He's not wrong. Although it's not like there was a huge amount of time before he brought Rich back.

The only way he is right, is if Marvel decided that no one touches Richard while they are pushing for Sam, and Bendis was the only exception because they just can't say no to him. The sole reason DnA ended it like they did (great ending btw) was because Marvel didn't let them continue (sales?). I'm pretty sure they would be game if given the chance.

I find the notion that we should just be happy that someone is using them no matter the quality or authenticity of the work laughable. If you got can do the character justice prove it in your writing. Hint:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel-now-3-kablooey-in-your-face.jpg

Not like this.

KePoW

Banned

I don't see what was totally wrong with what he said. He certainly didn't kill off Rider.

If you're only referring to the part where Bendis talks about bringing him back, maybe that's true too because he's in a high position at Marvel to do so??

Lord Phol

I don't see what was totally wrong with what he said. He certainly didn't kill off Rider.
No one is saying that either but himself, which is why it sounds like damage control to me. Like he's going to bring him back just to put the nail in the coffin, and don't want people to be mad at him.

If you're only referring to the part where Bendis talks about bringing him back, maybe that's true too because he's in a high position at Marvel to do so??

That could be true, he has alot of leeway to do as he likes it seems, but as I mentioned in my above post, DnA didn't give up on Richard, Marvel did.

He's more responding to the criticisms of the book up until this point and specifically responding to the idea that Nova fans will only start reading GOTG with his return (which is probably true). Bendis pretty much has free reign to do what he wants and he should. Yes Rocket is written very poorly and Angela was completely shoe-horned in, but his GotG is really not that bad. My biggest problems with it (such as it being too Earth centric and Angela's existence) are almost certainly editorial mandates.

KePoW

Banned
No one is saying that either but himself, which is why it sounds like damage control to me. Like he's going to bring him back just to put the nail in the coffin, and don't want people to be mad at him.

ok I didn't think of it that way haha. But if that's what happens, then so be it... I'll admit I have no personal attachment for Rider, I'm neutral on him as a character

Lord Phol

He's more responding to the criticisms of the book up until this point and specifically responding to the idea that Nova fans will only start reading GOTG with his return (which is probably true). Bendis pretty much has free reign to do what he wants and he should. Yes Rocket is written very poorly and Angela was completely shoe-horned in, but his GotG is really not that bad. My biggest problems with it (such as it being too Earth centric and Angela's existence) are almost certainly editorial mandates.

You are most likely right. My first post was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. The attituted displayed in the interview got to me. Here I'm all eagerly awaiting the return of a favorite character just to have the writer go into self-defence mode the first thing I hear about it.
I agree that the new GoTG in general isn't bad, I'm actually reading it atm and enjoying most of it (except those cases you've mentioned). I don't hate Bendis writing, but it's very hit or miss IMO.

GManDH

Because you know whoever doesnt like captain america must be russian and like blue bunnies while i go around the pot of gold and then we swim in chocolate while reading bugs and eating books.

Top Bottom