• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Sblargh

Banned
"I am the only one to ressurect comic book characters" - Bendis
-
Hey, you know, I was thinking; what could make this whole "artifact costs 1000 thingies" better is if you could trade these currencies.
Blessings as currency is not ideal, anyway.

I hope everything that is in the eventual currency tab can be actually used as currency to trade with other players.

So I just read the first issue of Bendis's Guardians and I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. Why is Iron Man there? Why does Star-Lord's costume suck? Also, why is Star-Lord (and Drax) even around? I'm assuming that part gets explained at some point, or it was previously explained in some other comics between DnA's run and this one.

Also, I got a GoK from the artifact box a couple weeks back. What's a good character to use that on?

So I just read the first issue of Bendis's Guardians and I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. Why is Iron Man there? Why does Star-Lord's costume suck? Also, why is Star-Lord (and Drax) even around? I'm assuming that part gets explained at some point, or it was previously explained in some other comics between DnA's run and this one.

Also, I got a GoK from the artifact box a couple weeks back. What's a good character to use that on?

It's really hard to judge any comic series by the first issue. It's only 20 pages after all.

And Gem of the Kursed is good on more heroes than not.

KePoW

Banned

I haven't read it yet, but apparently it slowly gets better and decent with further issues. Which is pretty typical for new comix series

Eh, I'm still enjoying the GotG run. My only major complaint was the art change in the last issue. I can handle the crazy story lines because comics.

That said, Star-Lord and Rocket standalones have been awesome.

hamchan

Having just gone through 7 years of Cosmic Marvel from Annihilation all the way up to Annihilators, the Bendis GotG really does seem terrible in comparison. I'm 8 issues in too.

Xevren

Eh, I'm still enjoying the GotG run. My only major complaint was the art change in the last issue. I can handle the crazy story lines because comics.

That said, Star-Lord and Rocket standalones have been awesome.

I haven't read the Star-Lord issues yet but I already love the Rocket one, especially the art <3

Been taking a break from the game lately. Anything cool happen?

Because you know whoever doesnt like captain america must be russian and like blue bunnies while i go around the pot of gold and then we swim in chocolate while reading bugs and eating books.

Well, I am Russian and like blue bunnies. And I have plenty of books to eat. Wanna join?

Blank!

Broken record time, but unless you're hitting significant brutal strike chance you're just slightly worse off using a well-rolled Ziggeraut. I'd only equip a gotk on someone who's hitting the 45+% for crit/brut, the higher the better (unless of course you're swimming in gotk's, then whatever).

LuuKyK

Because you know whoever doesnt like captain america must be russian and like blue bunnies while i go around the pot of gold and then we swim in chocolate while reading bugs and eating books.

iC601VkKoFPBh.gif

What did I just read?

LuuKyK

The hell. Where is his lower body?

Couldnt care less about this Nova character. Is he like The Flash of marvel? But then again the rest of the characters scheduled to be launched this year are all boring tbh. Having the epitome of boring that goes by the name of Juggernaut taking a full month of the game is just tragic. Sorry not sorry.

Is it 2015 yet?

Couldnt care less about this Nova character. Is he like The Flash of marvel? But then again the rest of the characters scheduled to be launched this year are all boring tbh. Having the epitome of boring that goes by the name of Juggernaut taking a full month of the game is just tragic. Sorry not sorry.

Is it 2015 yet?

image.php

Drayco21

I knew Bendis writing wasn't very popular, but I had no idea he was the mother off asshats IRL. From a recent inverview:

All that damage control leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. If he had any faith in his own ability to produce quality stuff he would let his work speak for him instead of lashing out like that. Believing himself to be the only one able to bring back GoTG and Richard is as ridiculous as it is wrong, get off those high horses mister.

He only killed them as characters and make everyone wish that they had been killed off instead. Fucking Bendis.

Edit: Obligatory for any proper Richard Rider thread.

Drayco21

dude have you given his Alias series a try? that wasn't that bad

He has a handful of gems, but it's dwarfed by the mountain of shit that the majority of his work is. Alias was alright, so was the early few volumes of Powers, and Ultimate Spider-Man pre-Miles. He needs to stay far the hell away from anything with magic in it, and from anything with an ensemble cast. And apparently from anything where he'll arbitrarily decide that a raccoon is not a raccoon and a celestial's decapitated head being a space station is too weird and make it into Tatooine until the movie came out.

KePoW

Banned
He has a handful of gems, but it's dwarfed by the mountain of shit that the majority of his work is. Alias was alright, so was the early few volumes of Powers, and Ultimate Spider-Man pre-Miles. He needs to stay far the hell away from anything with magic in it, and from anything with an ensemble cast. And apparently from anything where he'll arbitrarily decide that a raccoon is not a raccoon and a celestial's decapitated head being a space station is too weird and make it into Tatooine until the movie came out.

HAHA gotcha

I'm not a Bendis fan, but I'm not a hater either

The hell. Where is his lower body?

It's on fire. His lower body is engulfed in flames while he propels himself forward. Cannonball does the same thing.

Is it 2015 yet?

Yeah, I'm sorry that Gazillion isn't catering only specifically to you.

hamchan

I actually really like a lot of Bendis works. Ultimate Spider-Man, Alias, Daredevil are all legitimately great. I even enjoyed House of M and Secret Invasion too. Even some of his recent stuff like All New X-Men, I'm enjoying.

But man Age of Ultron and the new GotG are poop.

Xevren

I actually really like a lot of Bendis works. Ultimate Spider-Man, Alias, Daredevil are all legitimately great. I even enjoyed House of M and Secret Invasion too. Even some of his recent stuff like All New X-Men, I'm enjoying.

Man, I read Age of Ultron over the weekend and holy shit. I think it's my most least liked comic I have ever read.

Dunno if I got an invite or not (going to school now) but if not, could I get one? BoyLate is my IGN.

Thanks.

Invite has been sent, check your notifications next time you log in.

GManDH

She is pretty much She-Taskmaster 2.0 at this point, based on the teasers.

idk if i agree with that. shell be able to keep everyones power and everytime a new hero or villain comes out she can steal their power. so she will always be changing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Magneto was pushed to october right, leaving Nova to september?

September - Nova
October - Magneto
November - Venom
December - Juggernaut

?

Sblargh

Banned

I agree with all the words of this post.

Korten

Banned
Just began playing the game tonight... Really fun! I'm actually surprised as to how much I'm liking it. I forked $5 for the Hawkeye pack on Steam and he's been a blast to play. Thinking of saving enough of those special credits to get either Scarlet Witch or Moon Knight. Do you get more from quests? Cause I got like 100 Eternity Splinters from one quest and then like... 6 from killing a lot of dudes.

Just began playing the game tonight... Really fun! I'm actually surprised as to how much I'm liking it. I forked $5 for the Hawkeye pack on Steam and he's been a blast to play. Thinking of saving enough of those special credits to get either Scarlet Witch or Moon Knight. Do you get more from quests? Cause I got like 100 Eternity Splinters from one quest and then like... 6 from killing a lot of dudes.

100 at the start, 100 at the end. That's it for the "big" paydays.

Other than that, they're random drops every 5-10 mins or so.

Oh wow... So it's going to take a long time if I want to get Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch...

Yup, they're not a quick solution to getting new characters.

Lots faster than they were at launch, but it'll still take you quite some time to buy a couple of new characters with Splinters.

Korten

Banned
Yup, they're not a quick solution to getting new characters.

Lots faster than they were at launch, but it'll still take you quite some time to buy a couple of new characters with Splinters.

I must ask though, are Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch fun enough to pursue?

I must ask though, are Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch fun enough to pursue?

Definitely going to get enjoyment out of Moon Knight; he's easily one of the most powerful raw DPS dealers in the game. I love the character in the books, and he's just as awesome in Marvel Heroes.

Scarlet - I didn't enjoy her too much, but a lot of people speak very highly of her. For big AoE damage dealers, I found Strange much more rewarding/fun.

Scarlet Witch is a pretty solid mage type character. Not the best, but not the worst either. I find her enjoyable enough, even though there's more fun spellcasters out there. Moon Knight I didn't get much into, but I guess he's alright if you like him.

TBH, the only characters I found incredibly dull to play were Cyclops, Punisher and Deadpool.

Scarlet - I didn't enjoy her too much, but a lot of people speak very highly of her. For big AoE damage dealers, I found Strange much more rewarding/fun.

Strange is much more rewarding/fun than basically any character in the game. ;)

Top Bottom