• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
I was on the first "exploratory" trip inside where we didn't beat anything. That was before the green version when the raid was much harder. I also joined a late, buggy version where none of us was doing normal damage.

The current Wednesday schedule doesn't work for me, since I'm just getting home from work and spend a few hours hanging out with my wife and boy. I usually pop on at 2030-2100 Mountain time, which is well after the raid is done.

I don't go to sleep until usually 2am Central, so I have no problem if we want to start raiding later in the night. But I'm not sure about the majority of other GAF guildies

Maybe if you do some intimate "favors" for our raid leader Sblargh, you can get your way!

Event has definitely been good for Omega so far. Probably got ~25 points this weekend and I wasn't around much at all. Literally just did my Dailies each day and bailed. So I'm pretty happy with that.

Going to be awesome by the end of the event for max experience.

Finally got a Tony Stark's Checkbook on the weekend. Last of his uniques I had yet to see. Got another one in MM about half an hour after that too haha.. Swear this stuff is rigged sometimes lol..

Volimar

I was in x defense last night during the reset and lost out on the omega. Everyone in my group just basically gave up, so I guess they all missed it too. Reset time can creep up on you.

I was in x defense last night during the reset and lost out on the omega. Everyone in my group just basically gave up, so I guess they all missed it too. Reset time can creep up on you.

That sucks.

I didn't know that the Dailies reset over patch either. I had done like 90% of the MM and Terminal requirements before the patch, and they had been reset after the patch.

Moondrop

Banned
Nightcrawler's pretty solid despite no swords now that they fixed up his boss killing teleport attack.

Storm has to wait until level 42 to get her single target attack, but once she does it's full-on beast mode. Also her wind basic can AoE knockback and interrupt, though this isn't on the tooltip.

Carm

Nothing about the Dora Milaje section of Man-Ape is fun.

Start the ore/dora protect events, then walk very far away. The Dora's won't die 99% of the time. Clear trash near you, read forums till timer runs out, collect loot and repeat 2 more times.I had just one die yesterday in a 60 instance on the 3rd one. That's seems rare though.

Start the ore/dora protect events, then walk very far away. The Dora's won't die 99% of the time. Clear trash near you, read forums till timer runs out, collect loot and repeat 2 more times.I had just one die yesterday in a 60 instance on the 3rd one. That's seems rare though.

I do this solo all the time.

KePoW

Banned
lol yall are too picky with LQs. there's only maybe 4 or 5 specific ones I don't do

yall aren't just waiting for MM ones are you? the terminal ones are super easy to do and even faster than MM

lol yall are too picky with LQs. there's only maybe 4 or 5 specific ones I don't do

yall aren't just waiting for MM ones are you? the terminal ones are super easy to do and even faster than MM

The terminals are usually quick, its the chapter specific lq's that can take forever

I love the Terminal ones and would take them over MM all the time, but I reroll the Chapter 9 ones and a couple of the other Story ones.

Not terribly picky with them, but I hate the chapter 9 ones.

Xevren

I skip chapter 9 lq's, and any that involve going to 2 different places. I don't mind doing story stuff for the most part.

Yeah, I don't mind doing those treasure room ones either;

Plus for those of you who don't know, when you find one treasure room you can just swap characters real fast right outside and do it again. You don't have to find 2 or 3 different places

Because this.

Find one, tick off all three real quick.

Indignate

Thanks for the pro tips about doubling on treasure rooms.

Any advice for when it wants you to kill a zone boss and you're the only one in the zone?

Takes forever by yourself.

KePoW

Banned
Thanks for the pro tips about doubling on treasure rooms.

Any advice for when it wants you to kill a zone boss and you're the only one in the zone?

Takes forever by yourself.

Those do take forever, and not much you can do other than improve your character's DPS or ask chat for help

I tried this when it was mentioned a few pages back. Never once have been able to get it to work. Sometimes the first one or two manage to clear on their own, but I've never been able to get all three to clear.

Carm

hey Carm who's that in ur avatar, is that a video game character??

Lord Soth, Death Knight in the Dungeons and Dragons Dragonlance Universe. Full pic from avatar.

I tried this when it was mentioned a few pages back. Never once have been able to get it to work. Sometimes the first one or two manage to clear on their own, but I've never been able to get all three to clear.

You might be to close to the last one, need to be pretty far away. I've never failed it doing it this way.

LuuKyK

I've been pretty much only logging in for the daily reward and logging off instantly lately. :(

No time to play at all. No motivation either tbh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been pretty much only logging in for the daily reward and logging off instantly lately. :(

There's no shame in taking a break

Moondrop

Banned
I knew that image was familiar but couldn't place it. Loved the Dragonlance books when I was young.

I also love how I can build my characters to feel canon-y without sacrificing basic performance, e.g. my Spidey does not pew pew. Just another aspect of the amazing fanservice in this game.

Definitely works. I've done it as recently as last night too.

As other(s) have said, make sure you get away quickly (so fewer enemies spawn in) and FAR away.

LuuKyK

There's no shame in taking a break

I know. I am just afraid the fact that I have other priorities in my life now and basically zero interest in any characters launching until Shadow Cat and Lockheed next year will keep me away from the game for so long that I might just lose interest completely. I hope not though.

Edit: I didnt mean to sound so dramatic. lol But reading again, I really did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know. I am just afraid the fact that I have other priorities in my life now and basically zero interest in any characters launching until Shadow Cat and Lockheed next year will keep me away from the game for so long that I might just lose interest completely. I hope not though.

It's a valid concern. If I wasn't mostly into lvling new heroes I would be concerned about missing content or coming back later and not being able to catch up (like mmos)

Seeing that it took me 5 months and ~ 600 hours to catch up from an almost fresh start, the concern of getting left behind again definitely keeps me playing for Dailies at least at the moment lol..

Sblargh

Banned

Real life is a jerk!
*pointing finger*

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing that it took me 5 months and ~ 600 hours to catch up from an almost fresh start, the concern of getting left behind again definitely keeps me playing for Dailies at least at the moment lol..

I really don't think there's anything to lose, long-term, by taking an actual break. Maybe log in for the daily login rewards, but that's it. If I feel a burnout coming on, I'll just quit for a while. But honestly, this year has been so barren that I've barely played anything besides MH, Diablo 3 and Dark Souls 2.

inky

He, I'm the same right now. Just a ton of work. I used to be able to sneak in hours during the week, but no more. Only reason I feel semi-guilty is cause I bought the damn pack and each patch I have more and more level 1s

Rhaknar

He, I'm the same right now. Just a ton of work. I used to be able to sneak in hours during the week, but no more. Only reason I feel semi-guilty is cause I bought the damn pack and each patch I have more and more level 1s

just like me, but in my case its intended (well not really, Im not really playing anything myself, lack of time and a bit of a rut, all I did lately was resub wow for 1 month, gear up my warlock a bit and do the green fire quest, one of the things I wanted to do before the expansion, and now that im done, im pretty much done with wow again until november lol).

And even if I dont feel like playing Marvel right now (or have the time really), the idea of coming back in a few months with a bunch of new characters excites me, so I dont mind having bought the advance pack.

Hell I would buy the 2015 one right now if it existed

Dec

Also burnt out. Don't think I've played in a week and a half. Missed my first couple days for log in bonus as well unfortunately. It did hold me for 3-4 months though. Will probably come back and play a lot when the villains start coming out.

gazele

Banned
Wow, some (relatively) big changes are coming to pets

Basically pets will actually be able to help your characters by leveling them up and putting items on them (i guess cosmic pets work like this? Never had a cosmic pet)

A vacuum feature which will suck up all gray, green, blue, and purple items and feed them to the pet (yay!) - seriously, this is awesome, no more loot graveyards on the ground

KePoW

Banned

Basically pets will actually be able to help your characters by leveling them up and putting items on them (i guess cosmic pets work like this? Never had a cosmic pet)

A vacuum feature which will suck up all gray, green, blue, and purple items and feed them to the pet (yay!) - seriously, this is awesome, no more loot graveyards on the ground

By pets, do you mean like summons (squirrels)? Or you mean team-ups?

Finally beat the story. Now to level up my hawkeye and then buy a new hero with splinters and hope it is not Captain America :p.

hahha nice, keep us updated on who you get from random box!

Hopefully not stat wise help, we don't need more stat bloating.

gazele

Banned
Hopefully not stat wise help, we don't need more stat bloating.

Pretty sure it will help stats

And yeah kepow "cosmetic" pets, although they're not so cosmetic anymore :p

Honestly the biggest thing for me is to just get rid of all the junk loot on the ground, wish it wouldn't spawn at all under cosmic once you hit 50 or 60 (insignia aside)

Top Bottom