• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I just hit 20 on my Enchanter. With my Crafter at 20 already, is there any reason to level up the rest? Weapon Vendor is 5 and Gear Vendor is 7. Should I max them too, or just sell everything for credits?

Final day is going to be amazing.

I'm thinking about just popping a bunch of XP pots as well to make the most of the time I'll have.
I hate that these events run Friday through Thursday. The most time I got to spend with the boosts are on the days it is the weakest. I will barely get to play at all on the final day. Damn adult responsibilities.

Volimar

I just hit 20 on my Enchanter. With my Crafter at 20 already, is there any reason to level up the rest? Weapon Vendor is 5 and Gear Vendor is 7. Should I max them too, or just sell everything for credits?

Max them. They randomly sell (mostly useless) artifacts and recipes. It's still worth it to max them in my opinion, unless you really need the credits.

Max them. They randomly sell (mostly useless) artifacts and recipes. It's still worth it to max them in my opinion, unless you really need the credits.
Interesting. Well in that case, do they take as long to max as the other 2 did? Also, which should I focus on first?

I hate that these events run Friday through Thursday. The most time I got to spend with the boosts are on the days it is the weakest. I will barely get to play at all on the final day. Damn adult responsibilities.

Same problem here.

Still, couple of XP pots on Friday evening (our time) should be good for a whole bunch of Omega points.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
omg Rogue seems totally rad! This is basically what I wanted Taskmaster to be.

Lord Phol

She does look pretty damn fun judging by the stream, even her Ms.Marvel powers (love the green vfx). Went from "might play around with" to "get this girl to 60!" after having seen her in action.

sam and richard do different flight animations :D

Oh? Not really sure what it means in practice but that's quite interesting, wonder what other things sets them apart. Did you get this info from the stream?

GManDH

Same problem here.

Still, couple of XP pots on Friday evening (our time) should be good for a whole bunch of Omega points.

Weapon first, they sell Artifacts

Interesting. Well in that case, do they take as long to max as the other 2 did? Also, which should I focus on first?

The amount of exp needed is the same for all three to get to 20. just pick up EVERYTHING and donate EVERYTHING, u can also donate event items, the ones worth 10k etc, that helps a lot. Adult responsibilities??? unless you are talking about kids just drink some redbull and suck it up!!!! BE A MAN, ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH

PS thats suppose to be the sound Tim Allen makes in Tool Time.

GManDH

from forums. This explains why i never feel a difference when i play early morning before work.
I'm just wondering if there is a standard time each day that the omega boost jumps by the additional 24%. There's no visual indicator or information anywhere to say what its currently at or when it changes that i am aware of.
It's 24 hours from the patch time, I'll post the exact second from work tomorrow.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea from stream, ryolnir said in comics one of them put both hands out and the other puts just one, i cant remmeber which is which but thats the difference they said

KePoW

Banned
Adult responsibilities??? unless you are talking about kids just drink some redbull and suck it up!!!! BE A MAN, ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH

PS thats suppose to be the sound Tim Allen makes in Tool Time.

you are quite an interesting fellow!

Signed up for the raid. Completed it for the first time w/ randoms on Saturday (I'm not a raid noob anymore). Looking to do it w/ the SG this time.

Raid resets Wednesday morning before our first proposed time right?

Sblargh

Banned
Signed up for the raid. Completed it for the first time w/ randoms on Saturday (I'm not a raid noob anymore). Looking to do it w/ the SG this time.

Raid resets Wednesday morning before our first proposed time right?

Yeah. That's why we chose wednesday. It's some hours after the reset.

KePoW

Banned
how's Thor currently?

you almost never see anyone play him, but is it because he's truly bad completely underpowered?? or is it more that people find him boring cause of no re-work

Lord Phol

Yeah he need his review pretty badly, he has awesome visuals though!

On a whole other note I really love Gamoras voice in this game, really nailed her personality compared to the movie.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thor's kinda boring and subpar, he can't take much punishment for a god. Pretty excited for Thor and Hulk reviews, I love the characters but in-game they're lackluster atm.

KePoW

Banned
Thor's a bit underpowered and there's not much variety to him. He feels slow as well.

I love him tho.

Thor's kinda boring and subpar, he can't take much punishment for a god. Pretty excited for Thor and Hulk reviews, I love the characters but in-game they're lackluster atm.

Yeah he need his review pretty badly, he has awesome visuals though!

On a whole other note I really love Gamoras voice in this game, really nailed her personality compared to the movie.

ok got it thx on Thor... but I'm not even sure what slot in the re-work queue he is

and yeah I love how they did Gamora in MH, just how I would like from the comix, much better than the movie version

gazele

Banned
ok got it thx on Thor... but I'm not even sure what slot in the re-work queue he is

and yeah I love how they did Gamora in MH, just how I would like from the comix, much better than the movie version

I think he's after jean grey and cyclops, he's right there with hulk

KePoW

Banned
hmm on Thor did they take away his GOD BLAST??

I remember at launch it automatically crit 100% of the time and was awesome as heck

Sblargh

Banned
Something I noticed, maybe it's obvious, but I just noticed it now. People talk about certain heroes being weak and a lot more often than not, they're strictly talking about single-target damage. i.e., raid damage.Heroes like Ghost Rider and Loki are amazing at AoE, meaning they are amazing at holo-sim, x-def, man-ape, but they lack a good single-target option, so people just they "they're weak", because they're not good for raids.

It's weird. The entire game is heaven for AoE characters, except this one final content.

Something I noticed, maybe it's obvious, but I just noticed it now. People talk about certain heroes being weak and a lot more often than not, they're strictly talking about single-target damage. i.e., raid damage.Heroes like Ghost Rider and Loki are amazing at AoE, meaning they are amazing at holo-sim, x-def, man-ape, but they lack a good single-target option, so people just they "they're weak", because they're not good for raids.

It's weird. The entire game is heaven for AoE characters, except this one final content.

This is true for the most part except that most good single-target characters also have a way of dealing with mobs as well. The only time the difference really comes up is in really high xdef waves which most people aren't coordinated enough to get to anyway. Single target damage is the more important damage type to have because the mobs are so weak in this game.

GManDH

you are quite an interesting fellow!

Oh, nice. Any list of the Arts available throufh them?

You have no idea, :p.

I try to be different, most of the times it comes naturally. ADawg has known me for years. If im not mistaken it can generate any artifact outside of boss exclusive. the ger vendor only has 2 things that u should regen over and over to get. 1 recp for rif and one recp for credit finds. hopefully in future there will be more.

The deal is raid bosses are the only truly difficult content in the game, or at least they will be with red raids. You could make that claim about cosmic bosses, but once again that is single-target focused.

The areas where AOE damage shines the most (e.g. X-Defense, clearing trash before bosses, Midtown Madness) are incredibly easy. Even heroes without strong AOE components can easily deal with all that content.

Hence, when you're left to choose between a character that puts out insane single target damage and decent AOE, or a hero that puts out insane AOE and decent (or below par) single target damage, you are almost always better off going with the former. Strong single target damage is the best option in the hardest game content.

Some characters, like Doctor Strange, do excellent on both fronts. I'm convinced any character can succeed at raiding in this game, particularly if they have had their review. Having said that, Wolverine or Black Panther will clobber a boss a hell of a lot faster than the current version of Jean Grey.

Blank!

I find the vast majority of heroes who are considered strong, are strong in pretty much all modes and the heroes considered weak are generally weak in all modes. Ghost Rider isn't exactly amazing in x-defense or anything. Loki is better than average as far as raiding/x-def goes.

There are standout exceptions of course (Storm sucks in raids but is fucking BALLER in x-defense) but they're pretty rare. I'm sure there are some holo-sim superstars out there too where personal survivability gets weighted a bit higher than in your average raid too.

But in terms of Thor, it's not like his AoE or his survivability is anything to write home about... ditto his single target DPS.

RE Artifacts from weapon vendor: They will be level appropriate. So if you're hunting for Raptor Stones/pym shrinks/reg latevara, make sure you're using a level appropriate hero. Only level 50+ish artifacts (should) spawn when on a level 60 hero. I've gotten 2 decent rolled artifacts (kungfu/aCCoC) from it in about... 5 months? They're stupidly rare and when they do appear, it's usually a vita-ray projector.

RE Artifacts from weapon vendor: They will be level appropriate. So if you're hunting for Raptor Stones/pym shrinks/reg latevara, make sure you're using a level appropriate hero. Only level 50+ish artifacts (should) spawn when on a level 60 hero. I've gotten 2 decent rolled artifacts (kungfu/aCCoC) from it in about... 5 months? They're stupidly rare and when they do appear, it's usually a vita-ray projector.

That's why I am not leveling either the weapons or gear vendor under the current system. I find my credits are far more useful in crafting or rerolling legendary quests. If they add more bang for your buck to the other vendors, I'll consider it. Until then, both mine are sitting at ~10 and will remain there indefinitely.

Had a crazy good night for Uniques last night. Logged on for my dailies - did Holo Sim and got a Unique drop.

Opened the two chests - TWO uniques.

Did MM and for a Unique drop from boss wave.

Opened the Terminal and MM chests in the Training centre and got another Unique from them.

Pretty feaking amazing run for about an hour or so of play time.

Could be the server boosts in effect. They seem to be way more effective than the potions. Currently saving a bunch of daily reward chests to open later in the week.

Ken

Could be the server boosts in effect. They seem to be way more effective than the potions. Currently saving a bunch of daily reward chests to open later in the week.

Hm I don't know. I opened 4 chests today and got nothing. :(

I'm still getting only like 1-2 uniques a day.

Possibly, but this was crazy out of the ordinary, even for this week!

Be interesting to see what it's like on the last day though.

EDIT: One of mine was Aunt May's Cane too, had a laugh at that one. Never had it before.

DrAg0nBoY

Ok guys I have a question. Now that I finished the story, what should I do with my character? For now I have been playing x-defense, because it is kinda fun, but I don't get any odin's marks for my legendary that way. So should I grind up my legendary first and then level up/gear up? Also is x-defense the best way to level up and gear up?

Also, got Black Panther yesterday and really don't want to get through the story with him. So I can skip this, right? I mean, are the additional Power Points useful? Also, can I unlock all the waypoints with him by swaping my main at the waypoint to Black Panther?

Ok guys I have a question. Now that I finished the story, what should I do with my character? For now I have been playing x-defense, because it is kinda fun, but I don't get any odin's marks for my legendary that way. So should I grind up my legendary first and then level up/gear up? Also is x-defense the best way to level up and gear up?

Also, got Black Panther yesterday and really don't want to get through the story with him. So I can skip this, right? I mean, are the additional Power Points useful? Also, can I unlock all the waypoints with him by swaping my main at the waypoint to Black Panther?

Legendary Quests are the quickest/best value for post-story/end game progress (and anything beyond level 20 really).

Yes, you can skip the story. X-Defense is best for levels 1-20 and then Legendary Quests to 60. Yes, you can unlock all the waypoints that way.

Lord Phol

next, which makes me happy since ill be gone this weekend. also patch is monday not sunday so all u complainers can play with close to 200% this weekend.

According to Test Center patch notes we will be getting a Midtown Madness event this weekend (59% exp) :(.

Top Bottom