• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

lol I've always thought Falcon was a lame comix character, just like amadeus cho

Bro, that's Captain Falcon America to you.

SXpA5Se.jpg

The way Gaz is implementing Rogue in this game is all the reminder I need of why I hate her character. A complete mess of an idea that has never come together in comics.

One of the most powerful mutants of all-time, capable of stealing basically anyone's ability. Except when she's wearing gloves. Or when Marvel wants her to be able to do the down and dirty with someone, so they retcon her to be in complete control of her abilities and no longer swip someone's memory. Also, skin contact is cool now.

Also, her victims lose their own abilities while she possesses them. Except when they don't. And sometimes they are unconscious or weak. Except when they aren't. And the absorption can sometimes become permanent. Or maybe not. And sometimes she has Pandemic's death touch and instantly kills whoever she touches or puts them into a coma. Except when she doesn't. And aspects of her victim's personality manifest themselves in her as a sort of split personality. Except when they don't.

Bottom line: NOBODY knows what the fuck is going on with Rogue's power set at any given time. Different writers just make stuff up on the fly to fit their storyline, leaving her as a terrible mess. Remember when she had to run away from her dad after her powers began to manifest themselves? Only later she said she had never known who her father was....

Her name has been established as Marie. Then it was Anna. Then it was Anna Raven. Then it was Anna Marie. Get the fuck out with this garbage.

Comics are a confusing and twisted world. Consistency is often an afterthought. Rogue is one of the worst examples of this.

Volimar

The way Gaz is implementing Rogue in this game is all the reminder I need of why I hate her character. A complete mess of an idea that has never come together in comics.

One of the most powerful mutants of all-time, capable of stealing basically anyone's ability. Except when she's wearing gloves. Or when Marvel wants her to be able to do the down and dirty with someone, so they retcon her to be in complete control of her abilities and no longer swip someone's memory. Also, skin contact is cool now.

Also, her victims lose their own abilities while she possesses them. Except when they don't. And sometimes they are unconscious or weak. Except when they aren't. And the absorption can sometimes become permanent. Or maybe not. And sometimes she has Pandemic's death touch and instantly kills whoever she touches or puts them into a coma. Except when she doesn't. And aspects of her victim's personality manifest themselves in her as a sort of split personality. Except when they don't.

Bottom line: NOBODY knows what the fuck is going on with Rogue's power set at any given time. Different writers just make stuff up on the fly to fit their storyline, leaving her as a terrible mess. Remember when she had to run away from her dad after her powers began to manifest themselves? Only later she said she had never known who her father was....

Her name has been established as Marie. Then it was Anna. Then it was Anna Raven. Then it was Anna Marie. Get the fuck out with this garbage.

Comics are a confusing and twisted world. Consistency is often an afterthought. Rogue is one of the worst examples of this.

Put it behind a link in case people haven't seen all the Marvel movies. Spoilers.

http://i.imgur.com/PV5TYNC.jpg

KePoW

Banned

I do agree with you that Rouge's idea and powers are stupid

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my problem with rogue is she can have like a skill bar of stolen powers, and they are ofocurse gonna have to balance this. which in some case when they do balance it (for instance her using certain skills with another skill) they wernt originally planned for that state just the skills on ex hero. so when it comes to balance not only will rogue get a nerf it will affect the heroes power too

KePoW

Banned
Going with the list:

Luke Cage looks like a thug.
Something about him with Jessica Jones doesn't feel right.
Black Captain America makes you puke.

There were more, actually, I just forgot.

I main Luke Cage in MH. But that's purely for gameplay-fun reasons haha

Comix-wise... well we can get into that on the off-topic comix thread. I think it's weird that Dagger is with Cloak (besides the name association)

Sblargh

Banned
my problem with rogue is she can have like a skill bar of stolen powers, and they are ofocurse gonna have to balance this. which in some case when they do balance it (for instance her using certain skills with another skill) they wernt originally planned for that state just the skills on ex hero. so when it comes to balance not only will rogue get a nerf it will affect the heroes power too

The preliminary balance is that you can't have more than three of the same time (no more than 3 passives; no more than 3 area; no more than 3 movement, etc.;)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The preliminary balance is that you can't have more than three of the same time (no more than 3 passives; no more than 3 area; no more than 3 movement, etc.;)

thats my point thats still hard to balance when these skills werent orignally designed to be mixed together,

I main Luke Cage in MH. But that's purely for gameplay-fun reasons haha

Comix-wise... well we can get into that on the off-topic comix thread. I think it's weird that Dagger is with Cloak (besides the name association)

Except that they're basically having a symbiosis and complement each other. Cloak's cloak is a portal to some other dimension and basically hungers; and the only "food" is transporting victims to that other dimension. However, it also can be sated with the energy that Dagger produces. Since Dagger has the tendency to overcharge with that light energy, she can direct that overcharge of energy into Cloak's portal.

It's a perfect circle - Dagger produces too much energy that keeps Cloak's portal fed and prevents him from having to essentially kill people.

KePoW

Banned
Except that they're basically having a symbiosis and complement each other. Cloak's cloak is a portal to some other dimension and basically hungers; and the only "food" is either transporting victims to that other dimension. However, it also can be sated with the energy that Dagger produces. Since Dagger has the tendency to overcharge with that light energy, she can direct that overcharge of energy into Cloak's portal.

It's a perfect circle - Dagger produces too much energy that keeps Cloak's portal fed and prevents him from having to essentially kill people.

So what was Cloak doing all those years before they met? Because I believe they didn't meet until they were adults, (but I have read very little of their comix)

So what was Cloak doing all those years before they met? Because I believe they didn't meet until they were adults, (but I have read very little of their comix)

Cloak wasn't Cloak when he first met Dagger (who wasn't Dagger), and both were in their teens then. They developed their mutant powers when they got injected with a drug by the Maggia.
Originally they weren't mutants and that drug gave them their powers, but that was retconned later.

KePoW

Banned
Cloak wasn't Cloak when he first met Dagger (who wasn't Dagger), and both were in their teens then. They developed their mutant powers when they got injected with a drug by the Maggia.
Originally they weren't mutants and that drug gave them their powers, but that was retconned later.

oh yeah forgot about the drug part, vaguely recall that

gazele

Banned
Cloak and dagger are mutants? Huh? Didn't know that

So who's down for some doop portal runs tonight! (I have 11) plus maybe some cow runs and I'm gonna pop my loot chests from the galactic event, gotta take advantage of those boosts

So who's down for some doop portal runs tonight! (I have 11) plus maybe some cow runs and I'm gonna pop my loot chests from the galactic event, gotta take advantage of those boosts
I'm down. I don't have any doop portals but I do have some of both Cow Portals I can contribute.

What's the recommend level? I'm going to try and max my Wolvie tonight, but I have Jean at 60 if need be.

gazele

Banned
I'm down. I don't have any doop portals but I do have some of both Cow Portals I can contribute.

What's the recommend level? I'm going to try and max my Wolvie tonight, but I have Jean at 60 if need be.

Think you need at least 55, but I'm gonna just pick my character with the most rare find, probably luke cage

That'd be cool about your cow portals :)

Sblargh

Banned

They were also both homeless/runaways when they met. They have one of the most interesting backstory in the Marvel U, imo.

I'll join whatever. Doop runs are great for coins right?

I'm also bursting w/ Cow Portal keys. I've never run it as I never had a group to do so.

BogartandMinerva in game as well.

Very easy answer: make Rogue's version of said skills slightly less powerful than the original characters.

"OMG, that would be nerfing Rogue!"

Yes, it would. Screw Rogue.

I have TONS of cow runs to activate, so count me in.

inky

Hey guys, just a tip. Officers in the Super Group can change the message of the day with the command /motd. If you are organizing runs or something it might be useful to let others know times and stuff when logging in for the day.

=)

Sblargh

Banned
Hey guys, just a tip. Officers in the Super Group can change the message of the day with the command /motd. If you are organizing runs or something it might be useful to let others know times and stuff when logging in for the day.

=)

Oh. Dang. Don't mind if I use that. Thanks!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
MM_fortune_card.jpg

doomsaw said on stream he expects people to roughly get 50 of these for the week depending how much they play MM.

these drop in MM starting tomorrow with midtown madness and are a random drop from any enemy there. they said they drop fairly often

GManDH

MM_fortune_card.jpg

doomsaw said on stream he expects people to roughly get 50 of these for the week depending how much they play MM.

these drop in MM starting tomorrow with midtown madness and are a random drop from any enemy there. they said they drop fairly often

OMG!!!! the guy in the right corner is a good ingame friend of mine!! that is hilarious!!!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
OMG!!!! the guy in the right corner is a good ingame friend of mine!! that is hilarious!!!

i found that pic on forum :D i dont have test center installed but saw that pic thought it would be cool posting here to see what it has

Vecks

MM_fortune_card.jpg

So this is a permanent addition? Or does it only drop for a week?

Wow. Those MM Fortune Cards look amazing. So much great stuff in there.
I'll be leveling a Cosmic Emma soon and mostly in Midtown. Its nice to know I now have a better chance at getting a costume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm might have to dust off MH this weekend for those cards. Been wanting to level Surfer lately anyway, so quick 1-20 in xdef and then never leave MM I guess

Top Bottom