• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
1000 melee 500 crit 1000 defense 200 life on hit

vrs

800 phys dmg 400 crit 400 brut 800 brutal damage proc

At max level, +200 life on hit, +1,000 defense, +1,000 melee damage, +500 critical rating. There's literally nothing wrong with it. I use it on my Daredevil with great results. It's just that for Wolverine, you really want to pump up that critical damage rating, and the 2,000 that comes on Gungnir is super valuable.

oh hmmm thx team

for the two physical damage characters I play recently, Luke Cage and Reed, I went with axe. I never even really looked at excalibur. is that a huge mistake??

oh hmmm thx team

for the two physical damage characters I play recently, Luke Cage and Reed, I went with axe. I never even really looked at excalibur. is that a huge mistake??

You would be better off with either Excalibur or Gungnir on both. Brutal rating isn't worth pursuing under its current form.

Are Invisible on Medkit cores useful? I don't think that being invisible makes you avoid damage. Therefore, when an enemy is attacking already / using AoEs then you'd still be taking damage. Correct?

GManDH

Are Invisible on Medkit cores useful? I don't think that being invisible makes you avoid damage. Therefore, when an enemy is attacking already / using AoEs then you'd still be taking damage. Correct?

Yes. most ppl prefer invul, but invis can be useful. u dont avoid aoe damage though

Mupod

wat

I was on Mr.Fantastic with my 'tells' window open since I got home. I didn't think the raid was starting until 8 or 9 regardless

Hereafter

oh hmmm thx team

With Mr. Fantastic go with Gunghir. The axe is good for burst but the crit is better due to Outwit.

Sblargh

Banned
Rogue next week confirmed, I think. Along with Jean's 52 review.

Rogue looks too complex to me, tbh. I think the dude said on the stream that there are 100-some powers for her to steal from? Overwhelming.

KePoW

Banned
Rogue next week confirmed, I think. Along with Jean's 52 review.

Rogue looks too complex to me, tbh. I think the dude said on the stream that there are 100-some powers for her to steal from? Overwhelming.

i thought brazilians are super smart game players

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Supposed to be late this year since it's just a side project- the fact that they've been teasing her with screenshots imply that she's further along than previously hinted.

Yeah that's why I ask, I thought all the teases were indications she was close

Xevren

You can do 1-60 in a day really easy, especially with boosts. Think I got Psylocke to 60 in 6ish hours? Something like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I forget, but there's no way to reset your character's level back to 1 right? (Unless they are 60 and you prestige of course)

GManDH

so they announced a couple of hours ago that Rogue can now steal powers from Team-ups!!!!!

OH....
MY.....
GOD....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhaknar

so they announced a couple of hours ago that Rogue can now steal powers from Team-ups!!!!!

OH....
MY.....
GOD....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most team ups so far don't even have powers per se

Falcon - no power
Domino - luck, what exactly do you steal?
Drax - he's strong...
Gamora - she's... agile?
Beta Ray - his special stuff comes from the hammer
Spider-Man - his shooters aren't organic, so that leaves strength and agility, which rogue already has
Firestar - ok this one it's easy to steal from

Dec

did u forget the 3 trees they have?? those are powers.

What Rhaknar means is she steals special powers, which a lot of team ups don't have. They use weapons and training to be powerful, which Rogue can't steal.

What do you steal from Coulson?

Lord Phol

Finally settled on a Star Lord Build yesterday! It's not the most efficient but it's fun and full of big numbers.

Powers

20 x CQC (right click)
20 x Incendiary Cluster Bomb
20 x Strafe
20 x Starship Uplink
20 x Orbital Strike
20 x Earth Element (going to test out Air as well)
20 x Water Element
20 x Elemental Blast (left click)
1 x Spartoi Grit
1 x Elemental Shot (Don't actually use this currently but going to test it out, a bit hard to find room on my hotbars)
1 X Jet Dash

Basic rotation:

Incendiary+Strafe+Orbital -> Starship Uplink -> Incendiary+Strafe+Orbital -> Earth Element -> Water Element -> CQC -> Fully Charged Elemental Blast.
Then I just spam Elemental Blast until any of the other powers are up, CQC and Orbital Strike taking priority.

Gear:

Legendary: M'kraan - Gugnir would be sweet for more crit and brut, but the utility of M'kraan is just too good.
Artifacts: Black Tom, Danger A.I, ASSS, Power Prism Shard - Still WIP, might give him a Gok.
Medal: Pyro currently, but looking at other options.
Runeword: Armor with Fire Barrage - Might give him Bowazon if Nova doesn't need it.
Uniques: Slot 1-5, currently using his own uniques - Would like Anti-Metal Ammo for Slot 1, might give him Death Seed or Dragonfang until I find one.
Relic: Lemuria - Pretty much my only means of healing atm. Would like to use Atlantis but until I can solve the healing issue elsewhere this will have to do.

Like I mentioned earlier there are some big numbers popping up everywhere which is fun. I would like to make them even more frequent and bigger but since Star Lord is lacking in spirit management and health regen it's hard to find places to improve on that.

Dec

Some jerks here talked me into getting CCR instead of M'kraan on SL release. Regrets, not going to level another legendary on him.

I finally added close quarters back into my build for tonight's raid. Huge red numbers! I hit in the millions several times with a lot of room to improve my gear.

Here's the thing, though: I hate the skill. I find myself constantly having to reposition myself in and out of melee range to spam it. This leads to more damage taken and slight downtime I could be spending blasting empty the clips. Star-Lord is still squishy, so I'm not sure how a melee ability will work out on red raids.

My damage may have been better, but my raid build without it feels so much smoother and consistent. I'm 50/50 on it right now.

With Mkraan and some excellent omega node options, I raided for hours tonight (bad group!) and only ran out of spirit one time. That was entirely avoidable and my fault, too. I'm feeling really good about sustainability.

Some jerks here talked me into getting CCR instead of M'kraan on SL release. Regrets, not going to level another legendary on him.

CCR sucks for raiding. Great for other areas in the game.

Sblargh

Banned
Most team ups so far don't even have powers per se

Falcon - no power
Domino - luck, what exactly do you steal?
Drax - he's strong...
Gamora - she's... agile?
Beta Ray - his special stuff comes from the hammer
Spider-Man - his shooters aren't organic, so that leaves strength and agility, which rogue already has
Firestar - ok this one it's easy to steal from

They said that when a character has no power, she steals memory and get a skill out of it anyway.

Lord Phol

Yeah CCR is pretty meh, hope it gets an update.

Can't decide what to spend my even currency on. Don't really need or want Coulson, but I like collecting stuff. The Unique box is mighty tempting but the Ghost Box can drop ultimate tokens which would be useful if I want to max SLs or Novas Ulti. Decisions Decisions.

What you guys spending them on?

Top Bottom