• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I'm 100% sure Mr Fantastic is up in the top 5. It looks like they need a tester for it though.

Doctor Strange is good but if there's any adds his boss DPS goes down the drain since his sig hits randomly.

You are likely correct, based on general observations. I think they're looking for a better tester.

Damn, that MotD.
Actually laughed out loud.

;)

I did not write it, but it's funny

but the ironic thing that I laugh about to myself when saying random stuff here on GAF, is that I'm not even white. not even any part, racially I'm full-blooded chinese. although my asian friends all call me white-washed, but hey... I didn't control where my family lived when I was a kid

I don't know what to believe anymore. The boy who cried wolf and all that. If you take a selfie while holding a sign that says Kepow and two other forms of identification...I probably still won't believe you.

Vecks

Servers up now.

In about an hour of play, found 2 fortune cards, an unstable molecule, maybe 8 uniques, and a hand of nimrod.
Yeah, not even gonna bother with SQs. Midtown all the way this weekend.

Sblargh

Banned
Servers up now.

In about an hour of play, found 2 fortune cards, an unstable molecule, maybe 8 uniques, and a hand of nimrod.

Dang. I usually do my Midtown SQ with a character I'm leveling, but now I'm tempted to do them with a lvl 60.

Not sure if this was announced earlier, but there is a BOGO sale going on now that will last until sept 1.

Are they always buy one, get one random? Or do they ever do it where you can pick a second character of your choosing?

Tempted to pick a hero to buy but the random second hero may not be great. Hmm.

KePoW

Banned
Are they always buy one, get one random? Or do they ever do it where you can pick a second character of your choosing?

always completely random, would be way too easy if you got to pick haha

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
these cooldown drops they have been doing for events recently is interesting because it means less people need to worry about buying special item find things from g store. which means less money for gaz

Vecks

both heroes and costumes??

Yup.

They've never done picking before. I don't think they would do that because gambling probably brings in bigger profits. But their methods are not set in stone. The game has only been out for a little over a year. IIRC, in the beginning all they really did was 25% off sales for certain items. Then one day it was 25% off everything. Then after several months they started doing bonus G sales. Then they tried BOGO with only heroes (I believe these BOGO sales first began sometime around the start of this year). And then BOGO with heroes and costumes.

the only thing I imagine will never change is the lack of STASH sales. Although bonus G is probably the closest thing you can get to it.

gazele

Banned
Servers up now.

Wow, that's pretty crazy, I'll have to hop on later

Also, I now realize why Hulk needs a review, only like 3 powers that are useful, lots of pointless ones, oh well haha

Ken

yeah bogos were pretty much nonexistent the first half year i played after launch? the sales back then were pretty terrible too which was why i was super surprised to see how good they are now

i think i'm all bogo'd out though. Aside from The Thing hero, his Fear Itself costume and Superior Spidey there's not much else I want from the store. I guess I could do it for the excitement of randomness.

The BOGO worked out well for me.

Spent $9 to get Storm and Taskmaster and got Star-Lord and Captain America out of it.

So now I have eight heroes but have only played two of them. I should probably actually play my heroes but I might go for one more cheapo (Daredevil) to see what random I get and hopefully round it out to ten total heroes as long as I don't get a dupe token.

With something like 70 hours on the game I figure I should support with some money here and there. I'll likely hold off buying more Gs for awhile after spending the 1200 or so I have sitting around.

Hi guys, never heard of this game, but after taking a look to its wiki it got me interested.

I've been a Punisher fan-boy for some time and am collecting his comics at the moment (especially Garth Ennis comics), when I saw you could play as him my interested rocketed through the roof!

I know I should get some information before getting to play the game or bother anyone asking here, but is there a tip someone could give to a rookie?

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi guys, never heard of this game, but after taking a look to its wiki it got me interested.

I've been a Punisher fan-boy for some time and am collecting his comics at the moment (especially Garth Ennis comics), when I saw you could play as him my interested rocketed through the roof!

I know I should get some information before getting to play the game or bother anyone asking here, but is there a tip someone could give to a rookie?

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm a massive Punisher fan. He was my first level 60. The deal is, he's only decent in this game compared to just about everyone else. He desperately needs a review pass like they've given to most other characters, and he's in the queue to receive one. Unfortunately, it won't be coming until later. As in much later. When it comes, it will be amazing. They're working up his battle van signature, and from what I can tell he will have an expanded ammo system and more melee options.

I'll say this: if you play the game and like Frank Castle, then you will probably LOVE just about everyone else you try after.

I'm a massive Punisher fan. He was my first level 60. The deal is, he's only decent in this game compared to just about everyone else. He desperately needs a review pass like they've given to most other characters, and he's in the queue to receive one. Unfortunately, it won't be coming until later. As in much later. When it comes, it will be amazing. They're working up his battle van signature, and from what I can tell he will have an expanded ammo system and more melee options.

I'll say this: if you play the game and like Frank Castle, then you will probably LOVE just about everyone else you try after.

Much appreciated!! Downloading now.

Offt: Guess I don't need to say anything about Punisher 2005 game?? Man, for me it was a blast to play, I even play it from time to time just to punish some mooks :p

KePoW

Banned

Thanks in advance guys.

If you're any kind of Marvel fan and A-RPG fan, you will like this game!

Ken

opened some cards i was holding on to and got the ring :eek:

iTlClnpjwhEhx.png

Since there is no damage meter in game, people are relying on 5-man versions of the DPS boss to test overall damage. This should be a lot easier once the new test dummy comes out, but for now it's the closest the game has to an estimate of character's DPS.

Subpoena is maintaining a nice thread on the official forums where they've tested and recorded dozens upon dozens of people killing the dummy in 5-man parties. They haven't tested everyone yet, but their current findings based on average time to kill:

1) Silver Surfer
2) Moon Knight
3) Dr. Strange
4) Iron Man
5) Star-Lord
6) Wolverine
7) Spider-Man
8) Luke Cage
9) Storm
10) Gambit
11) Cable

Each of these character killed the 36 million health dummy in under a minute. Some, like Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, and Doctor Strange, are a lot closer to 30 seconds than a minute.

Full thread.

Invisible Woman isn't number 1...this is a travesty.

Ploid 3.0

Jean looks like a beast now. Though cooldowns on some of her stuff (Psychokinetic implosion) is a bit interesting, hopefully other things make up for it.

15oZ7Bt.png

This ability was spammed on Jean but maybe because she didn't have much else to use. Next week will be interesting.

Ken

oh sweet didn't know about the retroactive bogo thingy

got 4 free costumes and pulled pirate deadpool, marvel now emma, (a third) x-force psylocke, and i'm not daredevil DD

Mulgrok

yesterday I found a Savage Silver Surfer costume while leveling Silver Surfer, pretty neat.

Midtown Madness looks like it is going to fry my PC, because I get less than 1 fps after a few boss waves.

I've been doing the tedious alt story reward process recently. You don't actually need to do Doom to get Chapter 9 stuff.

I'm finding getting the Mandarin reward the most annoying as you need to complete both Sinister and AIM just to unlock Hydra Island. They really should just unlock all way points when you've done it for one character.

Vecks

yesterday I found a Savage Silver Surfer costume while leveling Silver Surfer, pretty neat.

Midtown Madness looks like it is going to fry my PC, because I get less than 1 fps after a few boss waves.

Grats. Costume drops are kind of like a once in a lifetime thing.

I've been doing the tedious alt story reward process recently. You don't actually need to do Doom to get Chapter 9 stuff.

I'm finding getting the Mandarin reward the most annoying as you need to complete both Sinister and AIM just to unlock Hydra Island. They really should just unlock all way points when you've done it for one character.

Yeah, I hope they do unlock it. I think they plan on doing it, it's probably just a lower priority thing for them right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the flying fuck they changed the colors of the boost potions o_O

I thought I had been using xp (yellow) but its not xp anymore, they switched them around lol. why would they do that

on the MM cards, I only got 2 yesterday, none today

I've only gotten like 3 total... one was randomly from X-Defense.

Quite a few uniques but nothing like what people were seemingly getting straight after patch. And quite a few for heroes I don't own which is always annoying.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Surfer has TOO MANY SPELLS I LIKE FUCK

I dont know what to drop to get the single target boss killer :(

I guess I would drop supernova but it helps with mana regen so much and its not on the global cooldown so you can cast it at the same time as other spells

edit: also this happened. welp

osxlje.png

inky

what the flying fuck they changed the colors of the boost potions o_O

It fucked me up too. I keep some bars/pots on my Team Up to use while leveling or grinding terminals and I used all the wrong ones. Is it that fucking hard to stick to the colors they started with? XP and XP bar has changed colors so many times as well.

Rhaknar

Surfer makes 28 lvl 60s. its ridiculous how fast you lvl up to 60 these days :p

also did my first blend in ages. Surfer default, Reed default and Thing black jersey gave me Thunderbolts Black Widow, which, unfortunately, is a dupe :(

edit: bought 2 molucules with splinters to use up the rest of my extra costumes, starlord default, nightcrawler classic and thunderbolts widow (that i just got from the blender earlier) gave me Daredevil Earth X, which is alright I guess, but I already got it and blended it some months ago. oh well, at least now I can buy Jean's AoA without worrying about it

Bought Jean's AoA and got Captain America Heroes Reborn from the bogo box, which is blender fodder. Not my day :(

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Man this is nice, I got a lvl 60 MM all to myself. No lag. No need to rush to boss spawns. And best of all I can move bosses around so they don't all die in one spot. Yeah I believe I'll just stay here all day and hope no one else gets in!

Welp I spoke too soon. Lasted about an hour but now people are coming in..I am sad now.

Top Bottom