• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
Wow. Those MM Fortune Cards look amazing. So much great stuff in there.
I'll be leveling a Cosmic Emma soon and mostly in Midtown. Its nice to know I now have a better chance at getting a costume.

What's your in-game name, are you in the GAF guild??

I just started another cosmic prestige yesterday, Torch. So we could level some together

Cloak and dagger are mutants? Huh? Didn't know that

So who's down for some doop portal runs tonight! (I have 11) plus maybe some cow runs and I'm gonna pop my loot chests from the galactic event, gotta take advantage of those boosts

Hey Gazele, when are you planning on doing these?

Blank!

its all week by sounds of it

they got this too

MMuniring1.jpg

the most interesting thing about this is the ability to give +skills to power TAGS. Might make some any-hero uniques far more useful (in the future anyway or if they go back and review some).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
For those that know /remember me, I like my heroes flashy, not efficient

With that being said, what's the best tree for that on surfer? :p

I haven't really looked at his spells besides knowing he has a bouncing laser early on

KePoW

Banned

I haven't really looked at his spells besides knowing he has a bouncing laser early on

the left tree is the best

Power Cosmic tree, no question. It's his best regardless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What about for Mr. Fantastic? Again, not the best, the flashiest (unless they are one and the same)

Hereafter

What about for Mr. Fantastic? Again, not the best, the flashiest (unless they are one and the same)

He;s my main currently, he's fun to play once he's fully leveled but he's awkward otherwise.

Long animation and a really weak beginning make him a pain to level up early imo.

Since there is no damage meter in game, people are relying on 5-man versions of the DPS boss to test overall damage. This should be a lot easier once the new test dummy comes out, but for now it's the closest the game has to an estimate of character's DPS.

Subpoena is maintaining a nice thread on the official forums where they've tested and recorded dozens upon dozens of people killing the dummy in 5-man parties. They haven't tested everyone yet, but their current findings based on average time to kill:

1) Silver Surfer
2) Moon Knight
3) Dr. Strange
4) Iron Man
5) Star-Lord
6) Wolverine
7) Spider-Man
8) Luke Cage
9) Storm
10) Gambit
11) Cable

Each of these character killed the 36 million health dummy in under a minute. Some, like Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, and Doctor Strange, are a lot closer to 30 seconds than a minute.

Full thread.

Hereafter

Since there is no damage meter in game, people are relying on 5-man versions of the DPS boss to test overall damage. This should be a lot easier once the new test dummy comes out, but for now it's the closest the game has to an estimate of character's DPS.

Subpoena is maintaining a nice thread on the official forums where they've tested and recorded dozens upon dozens of people killing the dummy in 5-man parties. They haven't tested everyone yet, but their current findings based on average time to kill:

1) Silver Surfer
2) Moon Knight
3) Dr. Strange
4) Iron Man
5) Star-Lord
6) Wolverine
7) Spider-Man
8) Luke Cage
9) Storm
10) Gambit
11) Cable

Each of these character killed the 36 million health dummy in under a minute. Some, like Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, and Doctor Strange, are a lot closer to 30 seconds than a minute.

Full thread.

I'm 100% sure Mr Fantastic is up in the top 5. It looks like they need a tester for it though.

Doctor Strange is good but if there's any adds his boss DPS goes down the drain since his sig hits randomly.

Vecks

I think the gadget tree is probably the least interesting (although I do like that electric grenade thing), since stretching is his main appeal. Middle tree has the more interesting stretchy forms. His signature is awesome. Left tree is mostly punches of all sorts.

Ken

ran out of credits again lol

got moon knight from 1-45 though. was hoping to get a few more heroes up but I think i'll just wait for omega event to return.

Volimar

Playing Hulk tonight, at first just to do the midtown SQ, but the levels are just flying by. Boss wave appeared right next to me and I used Hulk's ulti and basically one shotted all four of them. Insane! Apparently, Hulk is strongest one there is.

Do procs on movement powers work with Teleport attacks? If so, it seems that Electra's Medal would be great for Nightcrawler.

Also, is there any reason to use Blink Strike over Flash and Grab? They take the same spirit but F&G does way more damage and has a far bigger AoE.

Lord Phol

Also, is there any reason to use Blink Strike over Flash and Grab? They take the same spirit but F&G does way more damage and has a far bigger AoE.

Pretty sure most people advocate FnG over Blink Strike, but if you prefer BS like me you can make it work as well. The way I'm using it is holding down left click (Agile Strike) and spam Blink Strike with my right click. This means I'm still doing damage whenever BS is on CD and I'm regenerating Spirit. Throw in X-slash, Infernal Bristome and some Righteous Fury and you got urself a raidable build.

Pretty sure most people advocate FnG over Blink Strike, but if you prefer BS like me you can make it work as well. The way I'm using it is holding down left click (Agile Strike) and spam Blink Strike with my right click. This way I'm doing damage whenever BS is on CD and I'm regenerating Spirit.
I've been dropping my IB and then doing exactly what you said, except with F&G. Seems to work great.

Rhaknar

really like Surfer, I feel like doing a dash build like I used to have with Jean because I love the dash shooting lasers everywhere

Not really diffing deconstruct, cooldown seems really long and I dont feel like using reconstruct to lower the cooldown :/

unless I pop the toggles on another bar, do they still go away when you change zones or did they change that?

really like Surfer, I feel like doing a dash build like I used to have with Jean because I love the dash shooting lasers everywhere

Not really diffing deconstruct, cooldown seems really long and I dont feel like using reconstruct to lower the cooldown :/

unless I pop the toggles on another bar, do they still go away when you change zones or did they change that?

Reconstruct's heal is useful, you'll definitely want to get into the habit of using the two skills in tandem. And toggle auras only go away on character change and logout now.

What's your in-game name, are you in the GAF guild??

I just started another cosmic prestige yesterday, Torch. So we could level some together

I want to save 2.5 million to buy the Cosmic Iron Buddy before I start leveling Emma. I have about 1.8 million now. Im currently leveling Ironman and have him at about level 27. Hopefully I'll be very close to that 2.5 million by the time I get him to 60.
What is your in game name? I'll add you to my friend list. Im not in any Supergroup/guild.

Lord Phol

I kind of like Surfers left tree (cosmic power) but I don't like the de-construct, re-construct mechanic, and while it's nice that he has a movement based option it's just not for me. I hope Nova doesn't play like him, it's one of my biggest worries.

KePoW

Banned

what Frost said, deconstruct+reconstruct is almost mandatory at 60

toggles do not go away on zoning, so don't need them on first bar

KePoW

Banned
I want to save 2.5 million to buy the Cosmic Iron Buddy before I start leveling Emma. I have about 1.8 million now. Im currently leveling Ironman and have him at about level 27. Hopefully I'll be very close to that 2.5 million by the time I get him to 60.
What is your in game name? I'll add you to my friend list. Im not in any Supergroup/guild.

game name kepow

FYI - you cannot buy the cosmic pet until you hit 60 in cosmic prestige. not at level 1

Rhaknar

Reconstruct's heal is useful, you'll definitely want to get into the habit of using the two skills in tandem. And toggle auras only go away on character change and logout now.
what Frost said, deconstruct+reconstruct is almost mandatory at 60

toggles do not go away on zoning, so don't need them on first bar

thats a megaton / game changer and im not even joking

how many powerrs can you max out after the extra points these days? 8 up from 6 correct?

KePoW

Banned
Damn, that MotD.
Actually laughed out loud.

I did not write it, but it's funny

but the ironic thing that I laugh about to myself when saying random stuff here on GAF, is that I'm not even white. not even any part, racially I'm full-blooded chinese. although my asian friends all call me white-washed, but hey... I didn't control where my family lived when I was a kid

Rhaknar

Yep, eight with a couple points left over.

sweet. forgot how much I love this game, at least leveling heroes

wasnt there something new to dump your cosmics? and also a new way to get unstable molecules? I have so many costumes to blend :(

Maledict

Silver Surfer is clearly ridiculously overpowered, but does anyone else have a real problem actually maintaining his boss killing charge up beam on things? It seems to randomly drop off, and if they move is almost impossible to keep on them. Is there trick to this - a particular part of the boss model I should be aiming for?

Carcetti

1) Silver Surfer
2) Moon Knight
3) Dr. Strange
4) Iron Man
5) Star-Lord
6) Wolverine
7) Spider-Man
8) Luke Cage
9) Storm
10) Gambit
11) Cable

Full thread.
'

Awesome. I have two 60s, Emma Frost and Invisible Woman, and several mid level heroes, and don't own any of the top three. Can't wait to start and try raiding with randoms.

game name kepow

FYI - you cannot buy the cosmic pet until you hit 60 in cosmic prestige. not at level 1

Aw, that sucks. All the other prestige Iron Buddies can be bought and used at level 1 for the prestiged character.
I guess that explains why I've only ever seen ONE Cosmic Iron Buddy in-game :/

KePoW

Banned
Aw, that sucks. All the other prestige Iron Buddies can be bought and used at level 1 for the prestiged character.
I guess that explains why I've only ever seen ONE Cosmic Iron Buddy in-game :/

correct, all the previous iron buddies can be bought at 1. but not the cosmic one

Top Bottom