• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi there,

There's been a lot of confusion and frustration about Midtown Madness and I wanted to address it clearly. As many noticed once the servers opened this morning, bosses in Midtown were dropping an absurd amount of loot and orbs and we received dozens of PMs and posts saying this "couldn't be right". There was an issue where bosses were dropping the wrong loot table (a testing loot table for an upcoming feature) and it resulted in DOZENS of orbs in addition to loot. If you played this morning, you may have also noticed an unusually large amount of server performance issues - this was caused by dropping up to 20 times more health & spirit orbs on the ground (which are AI entities). Our head engineers had 'alarms' raised immediately as the server performance was very unhealthy and had to be addressed immediately.

We have since changed loot tables to a multiplied bonus loot table that contains far less health and spirit orbs and we've just live tuned the drop rate of Midtown Fortune Cards as well as RIF to increase unique drop rates as well.

We want this event to be fun, with plenty of Fortune Cards dropping as well as nice healthy loot explosions, and we'll continue to tune it until we're happy with it (let us know how the Fortune Card drop rate feels as of this posting, it was increased just before this).

Please try out how the event currently feels on the live server right now. It has six times the loot from regular Midtown bosses, plus a rarity boost and a pretty healthy and generous amount of Fortune Card drops.

Thanks for posting your feedback, but there's a very important note I need to make: feedback is what we are looking for, not cursing, flaming or insults. There is nothing that insulting, taunting, or degrading the dev team or even other users will do for your thread aside from having it removed for abuse - this is not about quelling negative feedback, this is simply about keeping the forums as productive as possible and a positive place for anybody to post, even if their feedback isn't positive.

Thanks and much appreciated,

Ryolnir

basically less uniques now but more midtown cards, which to me im actually bored of seeing uniques anyway lol

Man this is nice, I got a lvl 60 MM all to myself. No lag. No need to rush to boss spawns. And best of all I can move bosses around so they don't all die in one spot. Yeah I believe I'll just stay here all day and hope no one else gets in!

Welp I spoke too soon. Lasted about an hour but now people are coming in..I am sad now.

Nokagi upon realizing he is all alone:
2MzImBd.gif

Midtown's reaction:
mHDlfoi.gif

KePoW

Banned
what the flying fuck they changed the colors of the boost potions o_O

I thought I had been using xp (yellow) but its not xp anymore, they switched them around lol. why would they do that

It fucked me up too. I keep some bars/pots on my Team Up to use while leveling or grinding terminals and I used all the wrong ones. Is it that fucking hard to stick to the colors they started with? XP and XP bar has changed colors so many times as well.

hahha dudes, they changed the colors to match orbs on the ground, definitely makes sense

u should ALWAYS hover and look at tooltips of all items before using, because they change all the time!!

KePoW

Banned
Man this is nice, I got a lvl 60 MM all to myself. No lag. No need to rush to boss spawns. And best of all I can move bosses around so they don't all die in one spot. Yeah I believe I'll just stay here all day and hope no one else gets in!

Welp I spoke too soon. Lasted about an hour but now people are coming in..I am sad now.

why u so anti-social buddie?? I love playing & chatting with people

Hmm, when was that posted.

Earlier today the loot seemed pretty crap.

Then a couple hours ago I was getting a good amount of cards and uniques, got four cards off one boss. And I think about 10 or more uniques, I think pretty much ever second boss group was giving one.

But now the loot seems crap again, and the cards aren't dropping much at all.

Ploid 3.0

I noticed the massive amount of health orbs. Right before a boss would be ready to die I'd have a long freeze then the game resumes and everything is dead. Could be my graphics driver or something but it's Midtown so that seems like a game thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah boss loot is ridiculous, so many epics and shit, might aswell be whites they are so useless.

anyway Surfer all done, all story modes for the poitns/health/spirit done and shit, got 4 out of 5 of his uniques too, not bad

time for Reed, and he already looks REALLY WEIRD. he seems to have mechanics revolving around cooldowns, which is scary because I hate cooldowns :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was able to get through Reed without using the cooldown mechanic at all.

but then you just punched shit, wheres the fun in that! :p

edit: really digging reed, kinda ignoring his cooldown mechanic for now and just using what I like (I just happen to like the spells with cooldowns, well 2 at least). Im using the machine gun style area punches, which look awesome, the death from above because I love death from above moves, the inlating aoe for the health / spi regen and the aoe of course, then 1 point in herbie just to have him around healing me a bit and for the 10% dmg reduction, using 2 dmg passives also. Dont really like any of the punches I tried, except the multi punch one, so will probably not use any other :/

thinking of getting the aoe gadget near the end of the tree, only problem is that it would be the only non-melee attack so it wouldnt get the bonus from the kung fu artifact. but I dont see any other spell I might like for the last slot

edit: LOL at his signature :D

KePoW

Banned
but then you just punched shit, wheres the fun in that! :p

edit: really digging reed, kinda ignoring his cooldown mechanic for now and just using what I like (I just happen to like the spells with cooldowns, well 2 at least). Im using the machine gun style area punches, which look awesome, the death from above because I love death from above moves, the inlating aoe for the health / spi regen and the aoe of course, then 1 point in herbie just to have him around healing me a bit and for the 10% dmg reduction, using 2 dmg passives also. Dont really like any of the punches I tried, except the multi punch one, so will probably not use any other :/

thinking of getting the aoe gadget near the end of the tree, only problem is that it would be the only non-melee attack so it wouldnt get the bonus from the kung fu artifact. but I dont see any other spell I might like for the last slot

Reed is badass in MH

however, the cooldown build is known to be the best DPS. but u know me, I always advocate trying a hero's powers out for urself. so see what's more fun to u

Rhaknar

can Herbie die? if not thats the best 1 point wonder ever

edit: you should be able to use costumes on team ups, I would put my FF costume on my spidey team up to use with my FF characters :(

Mupod

it's really awful going from Mr. Fantastic to Ghost Rider. Penance stare barely compares to a single hit of Reed's signature, which hits a huge area 5 times. And you can reset its cooldown with Outwit.

It's great in low level midtown because you can severely damage boss groups before the unwashed horde shows up and inflates everything's health while doing no damage to compensate.

KePoW

Banned
it's really awful going from Mr. Fantastic to Ghost Rider. Penance stare barely compares to a single hit of Reed's signature, which hits a huge area 5 times. And you can reset its cooldown with Outwit.

It's great in low level midtown because you can severely damage boss groups before the unwashed horde shows up and inflates everything's health while doing no damage to compensate.

I haven't played Ghost Rider since his launch, but Penance was the absolute worst sig power I had ever used up to that time

they have never changed it??

Rhaknar

I fucking love Reed so much

shouldnt we be getting news of the 2015 Advance Pack soon, assuming they make another one?

Indignate

Blended three defaults into Psylocke's X-Force costume!

It's really the only costume that I would have considered buying (besides Rogue's 90's).

Got Emma Frost Old Man Logan costume from the blender this morning. This is the new one that came out a week ago. It was my last blender for a while, guess I got lucky. She wears a big long white dress. Can't see any skin tho, no boobs or ass.

My Emma is lvl 47 and has been that way for months. Might be time to finally level her up. She's probably boring at 60, I dunno. Hope I'm wrong.

Got Emma Frost Old Man Logan costume from the blender this morning. This is the new one that came out a week ago. It was my last blender for a while, guess I got lucky. She wears a big long white dress. Can't see any skin tho, no boobs or ass.

My Emma is lvl 47 and has been that way for months. Might be time to finally level her up. She's probably boring at 60, I dunno. Hope I'm wrong.

Emma Frost is hugely underrated.

Charlatan

Neo Member
My Emma telepath build literally melts mobs. I've got an AIM Incinerator pet with the runspeed aura (do those still exist or did they all get changed to "Fleet Footed"?) and I breeze through content. She was my first 60 and is one of my favorites (with Squirrel Girl, Nightcrawler and a few others).

I was only worked half a day yesterday so I got onto MH right when the patch went live. Midtown was insane - I got 21 uniques in just over an hour. Then they fixed the drop rate and (I believe) tuned it down a bit too much. That's why people have been complaining/whining on the MH forums, about how the event was 'ruined' by Gaz turning the drops way down.

It does seem that they cranked the drop rate up a little since last night. I've been getting a steady stream of uniques today in addition to the fortune cards. Nothing terribly good out of the fortune cards but the loot drops in general are pretty good in MM. I've been leveling characters in MM and all of them are ending up with mostly full sets of uniques. So I'm really liking this event.

Indignate

Weird, I was just reading a kind of unbearable thread (the first post at least) last night that someone made about how they should do that and he wasn't going to play the game anymore because something something blah blah.

Diamond clashes really nice with the black costume.

you bought the costumes or found them??

Her diamond form doesn't cover up her costume.

DrAg0nBoY

This hero BOGO sale is not good for me, haha :D. Bought 2 heroes (Star Lord and Storm) and got Silver Surfer and Loki as bonus.

Now I want to buy even more heroes :/

Top Bottom