• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Fuck those Magneto models look amazing. They've really come a long way in that department. Makes me wonder if they'll ever go back and redo some of the older ones like what LoL does. They need to fix that Marvel Now Cap. That and movie Thor are probably the ugliest models in the game.

Fuck those Magneto models look amazing. They've really come a long way in that department. Makes me wonder if they'll ever go back and redo some of the older ones like what LoL does. They need to fix that Marvel Now Cap. That and movie Thor are probably the ugliest models in the game.

There are some really bad/low quality models in the early characters.

I hope they get updated too.

LuuKyK

MM loot and EXP really are something else this weekend. Too bad I only found out about it today. :(

I leveled up like 5 levels in 5 minutes. :lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MM loot and EXP really are something else this weekend. Too bad I only found out about it today. :(

I leveled up like 5 levels in 5 minutes. :lol

its a week event not weekend

the bogo sale was weekend tho

Blank!

Popped a bunch of boosts and went MM crazy. Got Captain and Surfer to 60 and Cable/Ms M to 50, mostly for their synergies. My MM cards have been garbage and despite all the boosts, pretty fucking rare. I missed that first day rush though so meh.

People were passing out crazy deals in trade channel, so I did end up with 7 hela blessings trading what I'd consider trashy artifacts/rolls. Pretty happy about that tho.

Sblargh

Banned
I think cards are on a long timer. What I am doing is logging in, killing a couple of bosses waves and log out do something else. I have been getting cards pretty consistently everytime I do this, tho they are mostly less-cool-than-what-I-wanted. Retcon devices mostly.

Last Artifact I traded was a crappy roll Arnim Zola, so I was pretty surprised when I got 3 blessings for it. Probably could have gotten more when I see the numbers being thrown around for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on Magneto

"This model is pending licensor approval so when it's approved, I'll make the forum and such!

I can't promise we'll use that other costume though, there may be yet another you haven't seen that will be released alongside him instead of that one."

white Marvel Now costume maybe? I actually prefer the white one, maybe the black one is a fortune card thing

hitmon

The Magneto costumes look amazing. I might bite on the advanced pack. How do you guys like Mr. Fantastic and Star Lord?

Rhaknar

The Magneto costumes look amazing. I might bite on the advanced pack. How do you guys like Mr. Fantastic and Star Lord?

Reed is fucking amazing and one of my faves in the game. I'm lvling Starlord now and I'm not really digging him

Rhaknar

Is Reed really fun to play and doesn't get boring? Not too repetitive?

not at all, I didnt think so at least. he is one of the more active heroes with the cooldown mechanics, "forcing" you to use spells to keep them on cooldown so you have a damage buff going, which you can then use on a big energy beam weapon to use up that buff (im not even using that spell, im just punching shit and crashing down on shit)

plus he has the best signature in the game, a death from above move (always a big plus for me), great animations, he's the full package. easily top 5 hero for me

oh and he has one of the best, if not the best 1 point wonder power in the game also, 1 point gives you 10% damage reduction, a constant heal AND a periodic stun on enemies

KePoW

Banned
Reed is super fun and one of the most unique characters to play.

I've never traded in this game, how do you trade blessings??

Reed is super fun and one of the most unique characters to play.

I've never traded in this game, how do you trade blessings??

You can put the blessing on an artifact you don't want, (like those crappy visual only ones) and then trade that with the person. They then swap the blessings to the desired artifact at the crafter.

KePoW

Banned
You can put the blessing on an artifact you don't want, (like those crappy visual only ones) and then trade that with the person. They then swap the blessings to the desired artifact at the crafter.

ohhh, i forgot about the swap blessing recipe. thx

Rhaknar

What's the latest official word on Blade? Is he confirmed for the very end of 2014??

He was always 2015. At best we will get x-23 this year, apart from the scheduled ones of course

Lord Phol

Magneto models are amazing. Funny how I've always thought his marvel now costume looked flat and boring in the comics but it looks quite the opposite here being very detailed and overall great.

Im also suprised about how much I like the gambit costume. The scarf does add alot of "cool" factor.

Carm

Finally after 3 months of playing, roughly 735 hours, 200% XP synergy bonus acquired. I'm sure it can be done a bit faster but the only XP boost I had was a bunch from story mode. Not including upcoming releases, 9 more character till all at 60, 7 of which are already at 30. I'm hoping to get a few more during this event.

on Magneto

"This model is pending licensor approval so when it's approved, I'll make the forum and such!

I can't promise we'll use that other costume though, there may be yet another you haven't seen that will be released alongside him instead of that one."

white Marvel Now costume maybe? I actually prefer the white one, maybe the black one is a fortune card thing

Hopefully, will be disappointed if it ends up being the black version. It's a simple color swap but the white one looks better to me.

Have they said one way or another if they plan on putting deadpool the kid and arachne in the store? I passed at the time on the pack, hopefully they aren't locked behind fortune cards.

Seeing the Alejandre Blaze bike just irritates me even more with them releasing the costume unfinished, apparently still working on hair. I got the refund but it should have never been released till it was ready. Doubt they revisit the voice acting for the costume.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Now Magneto gave me a raging nerdboner

I mean, he looks totally rad

ev0

You can check all your $ purchases (and all promo codes lmao) here:
https://login.marvelheroes.com/dashboard/account.php

Just ctrl+F and type in "team-up" and you'll see if you bought any.

Thanks for this. Now I know I'm not crazy. I entered a Random Hero Box code from a giveaway in the beginning of August. I didn't log into the game until today. And it wasn't there. I thought I was going crazy. But it shows up on there.

Does anyone know how Gaz handles this? I had all the other promo code items I entered since then but not the random hero

Ken

Aside from leveling heroes, there's no reason to keep artifacts that you have advanced versions of right? Midtown Madness has killed my STASH space. :(

Thanks for this. Now I know I'm not crazy. I entered a Random Hero Box code from a giveaway in the beginning of August. I didn't log into the game until today. And it wasn't there. I thought I was going crazy. But it shows up on there.

Does anyone know how Gaz handles this? I had all the other promo code items I entered since then but not the random hero

Send in a support ticket.

No reason to keep artifacts that you have advanced versions of right? Midtown Madness has killed my STASH space. :(

I donate all lowlvl/meh artifacts.

Blank!

Aside from leveling heroes, there's no reason to keep artifacts that you have advanced versions of right? Midtown Madness has killed my STASH space. :(

There are 2 exceptions i can think of:

a (near perfect) regular meta is still a highly competitive artifact. 180 damage rating +1 skills 5% AS is still really good.

a regular latveria regalia is still 'necessary' for summoner-based heroes.

Rhaknar

im liking Starlord better with NO elemental gun powers at all :/

one question, is the knife spell bugged? says you can activate it 5 times in 8 seconds, like Moon Knights sig, but when it goes on cooldown, when it reaches 1 second, it resets the cooldown back to 8 seconds (so in practice it has 16 second cooldown, not 8)

is that a known bug? o_O

edit: bought Luke Cage earth X costume, I thought I had it already, got Ghost Rider F4 from the bogo. Blended that one with Daredevil Earth X and Heroes Reborn Cap and got Old Man Logan Emma Frost, which im very ok with

Lord Phol

The element powers actually do good damage (about same as strafe) if you put points in them. I use wind, water and elemental blast with pretty good results. Empty the clip might do a bit better dps but I just can't stand the sound it makes with his movie costume.

And yeah the knife bugs out alot :/.

Rhaknar

The element powers actually do good damage (about same as strafe) if you put points in them. I use wind, water and elemental blast with pretty good results. Empty the clip might do a bit better dps but I just can't stand the sound it makes with his movie costume.

And yeah the knife bugs out alot :/.

i just dont like the elemental powers :/ and that sucks about the knife, the dmg is great and I actually dont mind having to go in to use it and then back out

meh! big fat meh!

Close Quarters Combat is a bit buggy, but it's a boss destroyer. Great execute function. You can eventually get brutals for over a million. Once a boss is below 50%, I use it on cooldown. I originally disliked the melee range but have come to like the dash in and out playstyle. It might not be viable in red raids, but we'll see.

To quote Kepow from yesterday, "Don't tell anyone on GAF, but you do insane damage." Thanks, Kepow.

Also, I can't recommend elemental gun under its current form. That's far too large a tradeoff for stronger abilities you'll sacrifice. I do look forward to it being improved to provide more build diversity, but raiding with that tree is a damage loss.

Rhaknar

Close Quarters Combat is a bit buggy, but it's a boss destroyer. Great execute function. You can eventually get brutals for over a million. Once a boss is below 50%, I use it on cooldown. I originally disliked the melee range but have come to like the dash in and out playstyle. It might not be viable in red raids, but we'll see.

To quote Kepow from yesterday, "Don't tell anyone on GAF, but you do insane damage." Thanks, Kepow.

Also, I can't recommend elemental gun under its current form. That's far too large a tradeoff for stronger abilities you'll sacrifice. I do look forward to it being improved to provide more build diversity, but raiding with that tree is a damage loss.

guess ill use close quarters even with the buggy cooldown

Lord Phol

You could actually take a few elemental skills without loosing too much dps. The only things that make my build different from the cookie cutter is no ice grenade (not a main damage skill) and no empty the clips. I'm still using knife, strafe, incendiary and orbital strike. Both Water and Wind are pretty much free damage in a rotation, and If I wanted to I could just trade elemental blast for empty the clip.

Also an elemental build currently holds the best TTK (I know these aren't the best way to show raid dps) so those builds can definelty pull some weight. That being said the elemental gun tree could use some love.

Rhaknar

You could actually take a few elemental skills without loosing too much dps. The only things that make my build different from the cookie cutter is no ice grenade (not a main damage skill) and no empty the clips. I'm still using knife, strafe, incendiary and orbital strike. Both Water and Wind are pretty much free damage in a rotation, and If I wanted to I could just trade elemental blast for empty the clip.

Also an elemental build currently holds the best TTK (I know these aren't the best way to show raid dps) so those builds can definelty pull some weight. That being said the elemental gun tree could use some love.

im not fussed about dps, i just dont like the skills :)

Rhaknar

Rocket's movie enhanced costume is really good, if I wasnt saving my Gs for Rider costume I would buy it

Top Bottom