• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Ken

gonna open these when the stash is filled..soon

iKTRwZywgQFL4.png

Rocket's movie enhanced costume is really good, if I wasnt saving my Gs for Rider costume I would buy it

It looks so damn good, but I can't stand the voice acting for it. It's Deadpool's voice actor trying to do a Bradley Cooper impression, and he only sometimes gets it right. For the most part it sounds like Deadpool and Deadpool's voice is just completely grating on me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It looks so damn good, but I can't stand the voice acting for it. It's Deadpool's voice actor trying to do a Bradley Cooper impression, and he only sometimes gets it right. For the most part it sounds like Deadpool and Deadpool's voice is just completely grating on me.

that sounds like Starlord sounding exactly like Spiderman and it driving me nuts

KePoW

Banned
It looks so damn good, but I can't stand the voice acting for it. It's Deadpool's voice actor trying to do a Bradley Cooper impression, and he only sometimes gets it right.

Dang you hate Nolan North as a voice actor? He's actually done a lot of major stuff in the video game industry I believe.

Volimar

Dang you hate Nolan North as a voice actor? He's actually done a lot of major stuff in the video game industry I believe.

Too much. He's over saturated, and I think studios try to play off his fame to the extent that they make him do his voice the same as in other famous parts so that he ends up sounding the same in a lot.

I'm a big fan of Nolan North and don't mind him doing multiple voices for the characters. I'd have bought RR if it wasn't for the fact I've already played him to 60. Might grab the enhanced costume down the line if/when I replay though.

Haven't put any time into MM event, feeling a little burned out with MH at the moment.

You could actually take a few elemental skills without loosing too much dps. The only things that make my build different from the cookie cutter is no ice grenade (not a main damage skill) and no empty the clips. I'm still using knife, strafe, incendiary and orbital strike. Both Water and Wind are pretty much free damage in a rotation, and If I wanted to I could just trade elemental blast for empty the clip.

Also an elemental build currently holds the best TTK (I know these aren't the best way to show raid dps) so those builds can definelty pull some weight. That being said the elemental gun tree could use some love.

The ice grenade is crucial because it debuffs stuff to take 10% extra damage. If you have someone in your party reliably applying that, okay. If not, you're definitely losing an easy damage modifier. It's also amazing in how it works with his dash resetting the cool down. At max level it provides strong damage and the excellent debuff, so I dig it as a regular part of my rotation.

I'm not sure how water or wind work out better than Empty the Clips with its 40% damage modifier to bosses. Every character has a single target boss killer that's practically a must have, and that's his. I use it in place of his basic and basically spam it nonstop when everything else is on cool down. I have no idea how anything in the elemental tree could compare.

I'd be interested to see this record TTK build you're referencing. I follow the theory crafting on him very closely, and the consensus is to only use water in the elemental tree if you lack spirit sustain, but at a large damage loss. I'd like to see what the record holder is using in terms of equipment, or see if their omega points are affecting the outcome.

Always looking for new perspectives as I better my main. Thanks in advance.

KePoW

Banned
Too much. He's over saturated, and I think studios try to play off his fame to the extent that they make him do his voice the same as in other famous parts so that he ends up sounding the same in a lot.

That might be true.

They should at least modulate his voice to mix things up, while still retaining the skill of his voice acting.

Volimar

I'm a big fan of Nolan North and don't mind him doing multiple voices for the characters. I'd have bought RR if it wasn't for the fact I've already played him to 60. Might grab the enhanced costume down the line if/when I replay though.

Haven't put any time into MM event, feeling a little burned out with MH at the moment.

I think MH needs to do more events that don't punish you for not playing all day long. They're really just going to burn people out if they keep doing these and the collectathons. The login rewards are much better because they don't rely on how much you play every day. There need to be more events in that vein.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think MH needs to do more events that don't punish you for not playing all day long. They're really just going to burn people out if they keep doing these and the collectathons. The login rewards are much better because they don't rely on how much you play every day. There need to be more events in that vein.

An mmo-style game that wants you to log in and veg out every day? Shocking! :p

Where's mah Jean/Rogue? I'm running out of 52reviews to level!

edit: im bored so lets see, characters that devs have confirmed to be working on / will come out in 2015

Iceman
Blade
She Hulk
Kitty Pryde
Doctor Doom
Nick Fury (assuming all the necromancer comments were true)
X-23 (200 splinter range)
Beast (200 splinter range)
Vision (almost a guarantee with Avengers 2 coming out)

characters that will have model and some animations done from team ups and could become heroes or enhanced costumes in 2015

Firestar (Human Torch costume, I think there are a ton more important characters to work on as actual heroes, even her moves as a team up look like Torch's)
Clea (Dr.Strange costume for the same reasons as Firestar)
Spider Woman (new hero, her powers are significantly different than spider man)
Arachne (SW costume obviously)
Havok (new hero)
Falcon (new hero)
Magik (new hero)
Wasp (new hero)
Domino (new hero, 200 splinter range maybe?)
Groot (new hero)
Drax (new, albeit boring hero)
Gamora (err the gun and sword combo could make her a Taskmaster costume, but I guess new hero probably)

food for thought when thinking about what a 2015 advance pack might look like

Sblargh

Banned
Man, I'm never posting a build on the official forums again. A guy just said my DD is most likely being carried by teamates and come red raids will be "a serious liability". This after I posted a video of a 3 minute cosmic kurse run with bounty.

Volimar

Man, I'm never posting a build on the official forums again. A guy just said my DD is most likely being carried by teamates and come red raids will be "a serious liability". This after I posted a video of a 3 minute cosmic kurse run with bounty.

Just post them here. Lead Marvel HeroesGAF on to glory!

Sblargh

Banned
Raid in itself is fun, but it creates a kind of enviroment where people start either feeling inadequate or making other feel inadequate.

Game was too easy and I had no problem with it. It was cool to be able to do stuff with whatever build you like with whatever character. But then, I guess I'll keep Captain America, Rocket Raccoon and DD as my raid peoples and just have fun with the rest.

Rhaknar

Rogue on TC tomorrow (Tuesday)

Going to try to get 60 and finish heroic/super heroic story modes on Starlord tomorrow so I can focus on farming MM with a variety of characters for the rest of the week

Rhaknar

human torch is gonna get a firestar costume?

How did you get that from what I wrote? o_O

I was talking about models in game that are partially made / animated that could become costumes or heroes

Blank!

seemed like solid advice for me, even if it was a bit 'dramatic'. No telling what red raids will ultimately end up bringing, but also no denying that mixing in jump kick would be a pretty significant DPS upgrade over a heal (I mean, obviously...) if you can afford a little less healing of course.

(PS, I love street sweeper but DD's entire kit seems "wrong" for him, including his ridiculous sig).

The weird part is Daredevil is amazing in the game and puts out a ton of single target damage on bosses. He also can regenerate health like crazy, which makes him one of the only melee characters that honestly doesn't have to dodge out of damage very often. He can just stand there and wail away on stuff.

I did my first ever raid on Wolverine last night and he was a lot of fun. He's fully geared except for the last level on his legendary and slapping +health runes on two of his uniques. It's a totally different play style than I've grown accustomed to on Star-Lord and Doctor Strange. Positioning matters a lot more and he spends a fair amount of time dodging in an out of bad things. The saving grace is I'm using a full bleeds build, so the damage is still ticking the whole time. I find that he puts out a massive amount of damage, especially when you activate his ultimate. It's 20 seconds on non-stop brutals.

Rhaknar

I still don't understand the concept of raids in a game that more than most, emphasizes playing multiple characters, with at least 1 new character being released each month

But hey, don't like it don't do it I guess

Sblargh

Banned
seemed like solid advice for me, even if it was a bit 'dramatic'. No telling what red raids will ultimately end up bringing, but also no denying that mixing in jump kick would be a pretty significant DPS upgrade over a heal (I mean, obviously...) if you can afford a little less healing of course.

(PS, I love street sweeper but DD's entire kit seems "wrong" for him, including his ridiculous sig).

Not that obvious for the reasons I have given to that other dude who was obnoxious about it. Born again doesn't have any animation, meaning you continue with your basic attack and combo bar building without stopping, you're also always taking some form of damage or another when you are melee.

Like you said, depends on what red raiding is building, but if you can keep hitting instead of avoiding X because you're constantly healing, that translates into DPS. Otoh if you have to keep moving anyway because stuff one-shoot you, then yeah, jumping strike will be the better option, but then it would mean red raid is still more of a DPS race since defense will become even more of dodging red cirlces which will doom more builds not based on killing test dummies.

Edit: I think my problem with this raid is that it uses too little of mechanics that could be unique here in order to make something like a regular MMO, but without tanks and healers. Whatever Limbo's problems were (I never played it), the mechanics looked more on par with what this game is. My idea of a raid in this game would be what I hope Brooklyn Patrol will end up being, which are zone-wide goals. Regardless, this raid just negates too much of what is everywhere else in the game. Crowd control is awesome everywhere, but in the raid; investing in defensive passives is awesome everywhere, but in the raid; area damage radius instead of damage is awesome everywhere, but in the raid, and so on. A build that replaces *one* attack with a heal is already too broken, need that DPS, always more of that DPS, anything else and you're breaking your character.

Before the release of this raid I was very in favor of it, now I think it is being detrimental to the whole thing; it's almost like a game inside another game; a worse, more limited, but more important community-wise game inside a better game.

Rhaknar

You just perfectly described what raids are and also why they appeal to a (smaller?) number of people.

do you also think youre better than non-raiders, like most raiders inevitabely end up thinking in every game that has raids?

im not judging, just asking

do you also think youre better than non-raiders, like most raiders inevitabely end up thinking in every game that has raids?

That's a pretty loaded question. I don't really know what you're getting at, but I consider raids to be optional end-game content. I don't really have any interest in playing Holo-Sim or X-Def so if they released gear that was awesome in either one of those, I wouldn't care. Raids are intended for players who like to min-max and plan things out and theory-craft. It's just a different kind of experience, not a better one. Some people are more naturally drawn to that kind of gameplay, though. As for an alleged superiority complex of hardcore raiders, again: who cares? Especially people on the official forums...you're not going to get much of that on here.

KePoW

Banned
Edit: I think my problem with this raid is that it uses too little of mechanics that could be unique here in order to make something like a regular MMO, but without tanks and healers. Whatever Limbo's problems were (I never played it), the mechanics looked more on par with what this game is. My idea of a raid in this game would be what I hope Brooklyn Patrol will end up being, which are zone-wide goals.

That's exactly what Limbo was, and it was not fun.

Regardless, this raid just negates too much of what is everywhere else in the game. Crowd control is awesome everywhere, but in the raid; investing in defensive passives is awesome everywhere, but in the raid; area damage radius instead of damage is awesome everywhere, but in the raid, and so on. A build that replaces *one* attack with a heal is already too broken, need that DPS, always more of that DPS, anything else and you're breaking your character.

Some of the individual things you say are technically correct, but overall I think it's an exaggeration. It sounds like you just personally want to bring your own build to a raid, but don't like single-target focused builds.

Why should an AoE/CC build be effective on a raid boss? That wouldn't make sense to me.

I don't think raid design should allow every single possible random build to be effective. There are 40 classes in the game now, can't you do single-target raid build on just a couple? And still have 30+ other classes for AoE non-raid builds.

KePoW

Banned

I've been a raid-fan in many MMOs, but I'm not sure what you mean by "better". I don't consciously think that though.

However I do think that non-raid fans can just choose not to do them, and that seems like a simple solution to me? A player does not have to do every single type of content in a game.

Totally agree with this.

I'm losing faith with the style of Omega and ARMOR Drive events. I play 2-3 hours some weekends. I'm never going to get one of these rewards. Let alone all of them.

The Groot pieces were probably the best format IMO. Log in, do dailies - that's it. All the pieces you need to get for the day. Then you can get back to leveling up, enjoying the rest of the game etc (or in my case, quitting out for real life).

Top Bottom