• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Yeah, I'm not interested in the character in general, but it really seems like Gaz went fucking balls to the wall with her gameplay/design, so I'm definitely looking forwarded to giving her a shot after not playing MH at all the past week or two.
I'm indifferent about the character too but I think she's a must-buy. The fact that she gets new powers every time a new hero releases is too cool a feature to pass up. In terms of replayability and bang for your buck she's a must have, imo, even at 600 splints.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They better release godlecktra sometime next year.

cant wait to stab people and...err...stab people? >_>

sorry Luu :p

Yeah, I'm not interested in the character in general, but it really seems like Gaz went fucking balls to the wall with her gameplay/design, so I'm definitely looking forwarded to giving her a shot after not playing MH at all the past week or two.
I'm indifferent about the character too but I think she's a must-buy. The fact that she gets new powers every time a new hero releases is too cool a feature to pass up. In terms of replayability and bang for your buck she's a must have, imo, even at 600 splints.

Mr.Fantastic is the epitome of a character nobody gives a fuck about in the comics being amazing in game, so im never judging a character in this game from what I like or dont like in the comics ever again

LuuKyK

smashtard.gif

You guys.

Leave Elektra alone!

Typo'ing her name does not speak well for you as a fan of her. :p

Its not a typo, its her real form name. The Sai Goddess. We re not worthy.

ev0

Well this is annoying. Support told me my missing random hero box was opened on 8/15.

Problem is last time I logged in the game before this weekend was 7/26.

They said they also can't tell me what it redeemed for.

If you do the math on my Order page and compare it to my roster it's obvious I don't have enough heroes (I spent no real $) on heroes. But they really can't see what the boxes are redeemed for?

GManDH

Well this is annoying. Support told me my missing random hero box was opened on 8/15.

If you do the math on my Order page and compare it to my roster it's obvious I don't have enough heroes (I spent no real $) on heroes. But they really can't see what the boxes are redeemed for?

message brevik with ur complete story in detail and possibly proof of when u logged in.

Vecks

if Rogue doesnt have some sort of death from above move, they have failed spectaculary

Well, even if it already isn't in her ms. marvel tree (seems pretty likely IMO for her to have it there), I'm sure she could probably steal one. I think they said she has 60 something active powers to steal currently, and there really aren't that many types of powers to begin with.

GManDH

Well, even if it already isn't in her ms. marvel tree (seems pretty likely IMO for her to have it there), I'm sure she could probably steal one. I think they said she has 60 something active powers to steal currently, and there really aren't that many types of powers to begin with.

she will have over 100 stealable powers.

KePoW

Banned

Have you checked if you have a hero token somewhere in your inventory or any stash tab??

When you open a random box, it does not immediately go to your roster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starlord makes 30, 7 to go which, realistically, only one of them Ill level any time soon, Jean when her review hits, the rest are all non-reviews (Punisher, Cable, Scarlet Witch, Thing, Thor, Deadpool)

Wasnt Deadpool's review soon-ish, end of summer / after the x-men type thing? I guess theres still Cyclops after Jean tho :(

KePoW

Banned
Starlord makes 30, 7 to go which, realistically, only one of them Ill level any time soon, Jean when her review hits, the rest are all non-reviews (Punisher, Cable, Scarlet Witch, Thing, Thor, Deadpool)

Wasnt Deadpool's review soon-ish, end of summer / after the x-men type thing? I guess theres still Cyclops after Jean tho :(

Who's the last review on that list??

Moondrop

Banned
Very hyped for TC tonight
hopefully
. I'll essentially be picking a new main between Rogue, reviewed Jean, or someone new.

I'm skeptical Jean will be improved enough for me to stick with her. Apparently hoping for X-men Legends style telekinesis was unreasonable.

Rhaknar

Who's the last review on that list??

they havent said anything about the others I think? only Cyke after Jean and Deadpool "after the x-men". I imagine Scarlet Witch is probably one of the last ones, near Avengers 2. Actually Thor also most likely. They talked about Punisher's van so he is probably this year still (although this year is running out of months)

ev0

message brevik with ur complete story in detail and possibly proof of when u logged in.

Thanks. I'll do that. I'll try to put together a list of my heroes v tokens. (For extra lols my last 4 out of 5 boxes were Moon Knight).

The only proof at this point I have for when I logged in (since support is adamant its 8/15) is to track my daily log in rewards I guess. Have to find out when it went live again haha. Thanks again, we'll see what happens.

Have you checked if you have a hero token somewhere in your inventory or any stash tab??

When you open a random box, it does not immediately go to your roster.

Yeah. I checked over and over heh. I'm not even super upset that it's gone, but I did win the code from a gaffer here from modbot.

And the fact that they're telling me I redeemed it on a day I'm positive I didn't log on tells me something went wrong.

Rhaknar

TheDink on the forums regarding Gambit:

"I am really pushing for X-Factor (which I started at home) so keep your fingers crossed. And don't worry, as long as I am here at Gazillion I want to make ALL of his costumes if at all possible XD"

Enhanced costume with the kitties or bust Gaz! :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am so ready to rock that marvel now costume when Magneto comes out, got damn.

Rhaknar

im just hoping they mean that its the white one and the black is like a fortune card variant or something?

3040265-6540896539-450px.jpg

white > black. and speaking of white > black, Venom's alt better be Anti Venom

Edward_Brock_%28Earth-616%29_as_Anti-Venom.PNG

KePoW

Banned
Thanks. I'll do that. I'll try to put together a list of my heroes v tokens. (For extra lols my last 4 out of 5 boxes were Moon Knight)

lol are you serious??

That's like an astronomical chance of happening, I think 1 in 185. (5 x 37)

Krazy if that's true!

ev0

lol are you serious??

That's like an astronomical chance of happening, I think 1 in 185. (5 x 37)

Krazy if that's true!

Right? It's fucking crazy. I swear if you look at my roster I only own like 8 heroes but I have a Moon Knight with a level 4 Ultimate.

It makes the cynic in me think the RNG is rigged haha. The non Moon Knight hero I got was Nightcrawler.

Ken

You misspelled Iron Man

I started playing this game just to play as Iron Man, but for some reason he really hasn't clicked with me at all. Aside from One-Off and his new melee attack animation, none of his powers really feel great to me. :x

inky

I started playing this game just to play as Iron Man, but for some reason he really hasn't clicked with me at all. Aside from One-Off and his new melee attack animation, none of his powers really feel great to me. :x

Lining up enemies with Unibeam feels great. Death from Above is cool. I like dashing around and picking up stragglers with Micro Missiles as well.

KePoW

Banned

I'm with you. Everyone knows the new IM is very powerful & effective now, but I don't find the feel of his combat to be fun overall.

That's the cool thing about MH. With 40 different classes, every player is going to personally click with certain ones. Even excluding the overall power of a class, they all feel different to play.

I love Luke Cage's combat flow, even though I guess he's considered one of the bottom tier in power "rankings".

I spent the past two days with Thor and I thought his combat feel was awesome too. Even though no one plays him.

I don't like the feel of Moon Knight or Squirrel Girl even though they're a beast in raids. etc etc

Ken

That's the cool thing about MH. With 40 different classes, every player is going to personally click with certain ones. Even excluding the overall power of a class, they all feel different to play.

That's fine but I guess it's selfish of me to want IM to get more updates because I really want him to click with me. For awhile now, I've debated investing in him completely for end game purposes but every time I pull him out for a few rounds of MM I get bummed out by his actual play.

Lining up enemies with Unibeam feels great. Death from Above is cool. I like dashing around and picking up stragglers with Micro Missiles as well.

If they could turn up the special effects to 11 I'd probably be more into him: bigger explosions, bigger lasers, bigger missile trails etc. Right now IMO he feels very...subdued, which seems pretty out of character. I guess I just need him to be a lot more flashy.

KePoW

Banned
That's fine but I guess it's selfish of me to want IM to get more updates because I really want him to click with me. For awhile now, I've debated investing in him completely for end game purposes but every time I pull him out for a few rounds of MM I get bummed out by his actual play.

Ahh, well in that case you may want to move on to the next character. Because they will not be re-working IM anymore.

Have you personally tried every power on Live since the re-work? If so, then probably move on.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure how to respond to that. A missiles+beams build has the screen lit up at all times, once you've got Jericho unlocked. Shit just blows up and you barely have to do anything, it's awesome. I love Repulsor Barrage too. My build is barrage, missile salvo, overload and coolant blast and jericho, so I just stand there and channel and use my powers whenever they're off cooldown and everything blows up. It's fkkn rad as hell. Extremely effective AoE and ST.

Ken

Shit just blows up and you barely have to do anything

Maybe that's my issue in that it all feels very hands-off. I don't know, maybe my perspective is skewed coming off of UMvC3 IM, who just felt right although from a totally different video game genre. Ah well, I'll give him another go in MM before event ends.

Moondrop

Banned
If anyone else is going to be testing Rogue tonight, look for me on Test Center. We can make a party and trade hero powers quickly.

white > black. and speaking of white > black, Venom's alt better be Anti Venom

Y'know I'm not sure that would do him justice - Anti-Venom's powers are pretty different from Venom's, after all. Though I guess if we don't get Anti-Venom as a unique character I guess it makes the most sense.

Rhaknar

got my Cyke pet unique for emma finally, now I just need some boots for mental, I have the ones for diamond powrs...surely she must have one for mental powers?

got my Cyke pet unique for emma finally, now I just need some boots for mental, I have the ones for diamond powrs...surely she must have one for mental powers?

She does. Her generation X boots or something like that. I kinda like characters that have two viable sets of gear, but it does make it kinda sucky when the ones you aren't building for keep dropping.

Vecks

Just bought Silver Surfer with splinters, since I got his savage costume from crafting.

Does stone of jordan still work on him?

Ken

HT at 52. I thought about just stopping at 50 for the synergy but I'll just get him to 60 during the event on the small chance that Firestar costume ever happens.

Also messing around at Maximum settings, this game looks pretty good. Some of the hair models are kind of terrible though (like on IW, SW, and Lady Loki). Would love to see that hinted-at console version.

Rhaknar

while leveling i get a bunch of uniques, at 60 and when im trying to farm them, all potted up, I get fuck all

sigh

Top Bottom