• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Did you love Hawkeye ??

I hit 50 on mine last night, playing as Kate Bishop. Ummmn, at least the costume is nice?

Seriously, one of the worst characters in the game. Easily the worst of the post-review ones. You basically max out a basic, a boss killer, one AOE, and the signature, then proceed to dump 60 points into three passives. The entire play style consists of dumping poison arrow, shrieking arrow, then shooting single target volleys at stuff.

Ooookay. It's particularly painful coming off of Mr. Fantastic, who was, well, fantastic.

Drayco21

Ok I found out that I was an idiot for gifting uniques to the vendor for XP >.<. Had sooooo much uniques, bah.

On another note. Gonna bring Hawkeye to 60 today (probably) and don't know who to play then. I narrowed my choice to Loki, Spider Man, Storm and Star-Lord. So who do you suggest me to try next?

Star-Lord is GOAT. When in doubt, trust in the based helmet. Just don't expect much from his Element Gun tree.

LTHLhkz.png

Hmm...

Goddamn, Moonknight is going to hit even harder with his sig with this, since his unique boots aren't really meant for dps, so you either use another unique or a perfectly rolled cosmic.

Vecks

I think Silver Surfer's starting dash is my favorite in the game. Nothing special, but for some reason, just feels really smooth.

Indignate

Test Center is still saying Unable to load metafile and I can't find a way to fix it. I looked in the forums and nothing. t_t

How do you repair manually the patcher? There is a button somewhere?

It comes up in the launcher after a while.

I just uninstalled it and got a fresh install instead.

I think I made a mistake trying to update it the night before (as apparently doing that might update some internal builds that aren't going to work).

LuuKyK

It comes up in the launcher after a while.

I just uninstalled it and got a fresh install instead.

I think I made a mistake trying to update it the night before (as apparently doing that might update some internal builds that aren't going to work).

So I have to reinstall the 13 gbs again? Fuck me.

Lord Phol

Had a crazy good raid-group today, downed every boss super fast, no ulti on monolith and we killed Surtur with more than 5 minutes left (never even summoned his last portal).

I also gave my Star-Lord GoK and Bowazon which should give me quite the dps boost! For some reason Strafe won't activate the bowazon proc though.

GManDH

Some of my guild members decided that they needed a little challenge. They claim that green raids have gotten easy and they want something to do while still getting all the raid loot. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of doing Challenge #1; complete the entire raid with everyone using the same hero. The first hero up is Silver Surfer, why i have no idea. The stream will be going on right now and there is a rumor of another one showing up later. Watch 10 Silver Surfers battle their way through Muspelheim.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/maxportis

Moondrop

Banned
Seriously, one of the worst characters in the game. Easily the worst of the post-review ones. You basically max out a basic, a boss killer, one AOE, and the signature, then proceed to dump 60 points into three passives. The entire play style consists of dumping poison arrow, shrieking arrow, then shooting single target volleys at stuff.
Black Widow still worse for me; at least I can make a sensible order out of Hawkeye's powers. And you should've taken my suggestion to add ice arrows; they're practical and kind of fun.

EDIT: ok I concede Hawkeye is less fun for me than Black Widow and the second least fun character on my roster. It still feels like her review was a step backward though.

My TC appears to be updating; time for more Rogue villain powers... damn, repair loop again.

Volimar

Some of my guild members decided that they needed a little challenge. They claim that green raids have gotten easy and they want something to do while still getting all the raid loot. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of doing Challenge #1; complete the entire raid with everyone using the same hero. The first hero up is Silver Surfer, why i have no idea. The stream will be going on right now and there is a rumor of another one showing up later. Watch 10 Silver Surfers battle their way through Muspelheim.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/maxportis

What's he streaming with, an etch a sketch?

Indignate

Yeah, so far Loki and Hawkeye are probably my least favorite characters that I've done any serious leveling on.

I'm about to throw Ghost Rider on that list cuz he seems boring as hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah Hawkeye didnt do much for me... liek Starlord, all these "shooty" guys dont do much for me, I need my flashiness :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you like Surfer?

Yes one of my faves easily

What Starlord builds are you guys using? I've got him to 40 and he's painful to play due to his squishiness and spirit consumption.

Guns / Ship, I don't like the elemental stuff. And even at 60 he is both squishy (you could use some survivability artifacts to help with that) and has huge spirit problems, I think I'll use one of my hand of nimrod on him for spirit regen even if I don't plan on using him much

Star-Lord is amazing. Hell, the Punisher is way more fun for me than Hawkeye.

What Starlord builds are you guys using? I've got him to 40 and he's painful to play due to his squishiness and spirit consumption.

I main him and with the right setup and equipment, he's not remotely squishy and sustains himself almost indefinitely. Ask Kepow about me being the last man standing on late waves in X-Defense. You just have to stick and move.

I've been running something extremely similar to this build with great success.

Rhaknar

Had a productive day gearing up today, a lot of my heroes have 4 or 5 uniques but it's usually low lvl stuff from leveling, and since I jump from hero to new hero, I never spent any time gearing up. But these last 2 days, fully potted up and running MM it's been a blast. Full 60 uniques on IM (still need a missile slot 1 tho, I have the energy one), full 60s on Emma, almost full on Reed etc. good stuff.

Also been buying legendaries for my faves, the plan is to everyone have one but no marks for that so for now I'm sticking with the ones I'll use for sure. Also tidying up specs and what not. Running super low on pots tho, seriously considering buying some card bundles, which is disgusting but...yeah >_>

Edit: oh and I got like 3 Lvl 60 Jean uniques today, it's like the game knows her review is coming soon :p I have SO many dupe uniques in the bank tho, it's ridiculous. I have a bunch of 2 of the same, just need 1 more to blend them and free space :/

Ken

having odin's bounty potion up while leveing in MM gets me a ton of marks. I think I had enough for two or three legendaries going from 1-60.

Rhaknar

having odin's bounty potion up while leveing in MM gets me a ton of marks. I think I had enough for two or three legendaries going from 1-60.

I know it was amazing and now I'm out of those pots! >_<

I haven't been playing this week, but this almost makes me want to jump back in for some Odin power farming in MM.

Rhaknar

Is boss loot buffed during this midtown event? I thought it was just the cards thing, but if boss loot is buffed and this isn't how it usually is, that sucks now that I'm into gearing up my heroes :/

Blank!

Had a crazy good raid-group today, downed every boss super fast, no ulti on monolith and we killed Surtur with more than 5 minutes left (never even summoned his last portal).

I also gave my Star-Lord GoK and Bowazon which should give me quite the dps boost! For some reason Strafe won't activate the bowazon proc though.

Just killed Surtur before sister's portal spawned. Think we had 8:15ish left on the clock?

Sorry no raid today, was going to try and get something going but chat exploded and didn't work half the time. By the time it started working again, was a fraction of the people online. Will try to run something this weekend.

Mupod

What the hell, I'm trying to download the TC and it's getting like 200k/second.

Meanwhile I tried downloading something off steam and got 20mb/sec.

KePoW

Banned
I main him and with the right setup and equipment, he's not remotely squishy and sustains himself almost indefinitely. Ask Kepow about me being the last man standing on late waves in X-Defense

LVP!

Is boss loot buffed during this midtown event? I thought it was just the cards thing, but if boss loot is buffed and this isn't how it usually is, that sucks now that I'm into gearing up my heroes :/

yes, it's probably like 6x more boss loot than normal right now

What the hell, I'm trying to download the TC and it's getting like 200k/second

whoa what kind of internet connection do you have??

LuuKyK

Ok so I ended up uninstalling my TC because nothing made it work. -_-

Now I have to install everything again. I wonder if it will even finish downloading before TC goes offline. lol

This is terrible. Fix this shit Gazillion!

Moondrop

Banned
The excel table linked on the subreddit has more detail.

Test center back up for me.

I like Grim Reaper's Reaping Scythes: triple projectiles that stack healing up to 3 times.

Indignate

Ok so I ended up uninstalling my TC because nothing made it work. -_-

Now I have to install everything again. I wonder if it will even finish downloading before TC goes offline. lol

This is terrible. Fix this shit Gazillion!

If you end up still having problems (like I did) deleting pub_localized_en_us.version seems to fix the issue.

Ken

Is Rocket Raccoon good? Was watching one rip up MM bosses in his big mech thing. :eek:

Also finally got Ms. Marvel to 60. Pretty fun. Might farm for some gear drops in MM tomorrow.

inky

LOL, the Test Center client is crap. I hadn't updated it in a few weeks and a couple of days ago I decided to give it a spin.

I left it open in the background for about 3 hours and it wouldn't be done. Every time I checked it still needed like 50 patches to be downloaded, and it kept jumping between downloading said patches at terrible speeds to writing to disk to downloading some more. I just said fuck it and closed the damn thing.

Moondrop

Banned
Bread and butter Rogue combo: Laser Shift (Living Laser teleport) -> Dempsey Roll (Luke Cage melee combo)

Pick your passives is the greatest.

Drayco21

Is Rocket Raccoon good? Was watching one rip up MM bosses in his big mech thing. :eek:

Also finally got Ms. Marvel to 60. Pretty fun. Might farm for some gear drops in MM tomorrow.

I think I actually liked him more pre-review, as a pet class with Groot and a bunch of turrets. He still has a lot of that stuff, but I prestiged him after the review and personally find his gunner build a bit lacking- for all I know, stating him as a pet class now is even better now post-review. He can drop turrets with next to no cooldown, which is a huge improvement over where he was.

And that Thanos-Buster Mech is glorious. Easily my favorite Ult in the game, if just for how fun it is to use.

Rhaknar

super bored at work and since a few people asked me both here and in game what my fave characters were, here is my current favorites, counting only characters Ive leveled to 60. A lot of these I havent played in awhile so their placement might quickly change, but from what I remember enjoying last I played them:

Tier 1 - Characters I not only love playing, but want to actively play and I wish I had multiple computers...and 4 arms

Emma Frost
Mr.Fantastic
Spiderman
Rocket Racoon
Hulk
Ironman
Luke Cage
Silver Surfer
Ms. Marvel
Colossus

I love of all of these. Rocket pet build is even better post review, Ironman is just too fun with all the missiles and explosions, Emma is great (I need to start using the disorient spell tho, everyone says its amazing) to spam aoe everywhere, Hulk is just super satisfying with the leaps, Silver Surfer and Mr.Fantastic blew me away, especially Reed, just both really fun to play, and just happen to be really powerful, Luke Cage feels super satisfying as melee (and shockingly I dont play him with pets, shocking because I love pet classes), just fun to throw cars around and dampsey roll is just too good. Colossus is super fun and as a lore nut, I just love using wolverine and magik pets (even if they die in cosmics sigh), and Spidey and Ms.Marvel are my two "fucked up spec" characters where I use mostly ranged spells...in melee range. Im weird like that :p

Tier 2 - Characters I enjoy and could easily jump to tier 1. In fact after I do a full pass on all the characters again since I stopped playing for a few months, Ill only have 2 tiers and not 3 (or Ill have a special tier 3 with just Loki and Human Torch >_>)

Storm
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Moon Knight
Daredevil
Captain America
Black Panther
Wolverine
Ghost Rider

The top 3 in fact should probably be in tier 1, but Storm feels weird after the rework, I need to work on a spec that I like, and Gambit / Kurt I just havent played in awhile, maybe I like them better than I remember (im pretty sure I used to love both). Panther, Wolverine, Daredevil, Moon Knight and Cap feel super satisfying as melee, and I usually hate melee in games (except in this, its weird man). Ghost Rider i just love his bike stuff and chains and shit, he is by far the character I like the most solely for flashy reasons lol.

Tier 3 - Characters that didnt do much for me or I straight up dont like, but some of them could easily go up a tier (yup, Strange and Psylocke are tier 3 for me...sorry)

Squirrel Girl
Cyclops
Starlord
Invisible Woman
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Psylocke
Taskmaster
Dr. Strange
Loki
Human Torch

Loki and Torch are the only 2 characters in the game (at 60) that I flat out dont like and will NEVER touch again. Which is weird because I love pet classes (Loki) and flashy stuff (Torch). Hawkeye and Tasky are ok-ish but nothing I would play over anyone in tier 1 and 2 (Task is weird because I really like Cap, but something feels off about Task...I guess its the Hawkeye half lol),

Strange, Invisible Woman and Psylocke didnt do much for me even tho Strange and Betsy are super popular, Black Widow was alright but like Hawkeye, nothing I would play over many others. Cyclops got old and boring fast after the initial wow factor of his giant aoe beam wore off (he hasnt had his review so theres hope), Starlord is better than Hawkeye but he seems super squishy, and more importantly, I run out of spirit WAY too fast to enjoy him, a good legendary and a hand of nimrod (which I got 2 recently) might help with that, I need to go back to him (I know there is a poster that swares he is neither squishy nor have spirit problems some pages back).

And then there's Squirrel Girl, who I first loved, then ABSOLUTELY HATED while doing super heroic and dying over and over again (this was months ago), in fact she was the character that made me hate superheroic Loki fight. But everytime I see her she looks so cool, and with the latest rework, I need to give her another shot.

From the remaining 7, which I leveled all except Thor to lvl 30 at least so ive seen all their spells (they are all non-review):

Jean and Deadpool would probably be tier 1, but I used to say the same about Storm
Scarlet Witch would be tier 2 but she might suffer from the same problem Cyclops had with me (after the initial wow factor of the giant bubble aoe wears off I wont care about her)
Cable, Punisher, Thing would be tier 3 (in fact Punisher would go with Loki and Torch as the only characters I actually DONT like, but he hasnt had his review) as they did NOTHING for me (well, Thing did a bit since hes kinda like Hulk, but he needs a lot of work in his review)
Thor like I said I havent leveled so no comment

Lord Phol

Just killed Surtur before sister's portal spawned. Think we had 8:15ish left on the clock?

Sorry no raid today, was going to try and get something going but chat exploded and didn't work half the time. By the time it started working again, was a fraction of the people online. Will try to run something this weekend.

Nuts! A group like that should have no problems whatsoever with reds.

Appreciate the massive list for discussion, Rhaknar. I haven't played nearly as many characters as you, but my list looks something like this:

Tier 1 - the absolute best / most fun to play
Doctor Strange
Mr. Fantastic
Star-Lord
Wolverine

*Star-Lord is my favorite, but Reed might give him a run for his money. The common factor? Both rely on hard hitting cooldown abilities for the bulk of their damage. It's a fun rotational setup. Star-Lord is a bit flashier and basically sets the entire screen on fire while pumping out ridiculous damage, but Mr. Fantastic has so many fun abilities he really won me over. I might gear him up some and run him as my raid alternate in place of Wolverine. Doctor Strange is superb, but he does require a lot of work to really maximize the pain. Wolverine is basically the "easiest" character to do insane damage on with a bleed build. The big red numbers are there, but his straight-forward nature might be a bit too relaxed for some players.

Tier 2 - lots of fun / held back some by quirks
Black Panther
Captain America
Colossus
Daredevil
Rocket Raccoon
Silver Surfer
Ms. Marvel
Nightcrawler

*Some flexibility here as a couple of these guys (namely Colossus, BP, and Daredevil) could easily be tier 1. Panther has one of the most complete ability sets in the game. Colossus is fun in his uniqueness...it's awesome stepping into a cosmic/raid with 40,000 health and being able to stand toe-to-toe with bosses. The most recent addition here is Rocket Raccoon, who I'm leveling and gearing up as a summoner. I really am digging the play style since it differs so much from my other characters.

Tier 3 - significant issues / not my cup of tea
Gambit
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Spider-Man
Squirrel Girl

* Poor Frank Castle. My first 60 will probably be the very last character to get his review. I imagine he's the least played character in the game. The odd part is he's not terrible and is quite durable, but you basically use 3 skills total on him. Not a fun style. Squirrel Girl and Spidey are my favorites in this tier, but they don't really grab me like the others I've ranked higher. Ghost Rider has a toolkit to be great, but he needs some serious buffs.

Tier 4 - just...no
Cyclops (pre-review)
Hawkeye
Thing

* I haven't even touched Cyclops or Thing other than on the Test Center, but that was enough to say, "nope." Hawkeye is just terrible. My least favorite character to play. Feels totally under cooked.

Top Bottom