• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Drayco21

That will make Kepow happy.

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We got any MH experts awake? I need some info on some stuff and I would rather get the info here than the official forums >_>

I'm looking into starting to get legendaries for at least my favorite heroes, I already got some, mostly all wrong but what are you gonna do. I'm not interested in mid maxing, but I would like to know some good ones for these heroes.

So, off the top of my head, I have a Excalibur on Nightcrawler (I'm sure the crit one is better, oh well), the pet one on Colossus because I played him mostly with pets, at least pre-team ups. So I want to unbound that one and give it to Rocket, so I'll need one for Colossus. I have the stupid +1 to a bunch of stats on Ms. Marvel because I played her hybrid, shorty choice in hindsight but I'm not that fussed, I'm especially not fussed enough to waste another 300marks on her. I bought the crit one for Reed for obvious reasons, I have the mental dmg one on Emma also. I think that's all I have, the rest are all the xp/sif one from that event a few months ago, those don't Ben count.

So, let's see, assuming Nightcrawler, Emma, MsMarvel, Reed and Rocket are sorted, what would be some good ones for:

Colossus
Hulk (my Hulk is very tanky mind you)
Surfer
Ironman
Spider-Man
Luke Cage (non summon strangely for me)

Maybe Jean, maybe Rogue, but it's probably too soon for those. I can buy 5 at the moment so let's stick with these for now

KePoW

Banned
We got any MH experts awake? I need some info on some stuff and I would rather get the info here than the official forums >_>

I'm looking into starting to get legendaries for at least my favorite heroes, I already got some, mostly all wrong but what are you gonna do. I'm not interested in mid maxing, but I would like to know some good ones for these heroes.

So, off the top of my head, I have a Excalibur on Nightcrawler (I'm sure the crit one is better, oh well), the pet one on Colossus because I played him mostly with pets, at least pre-team ups. So I want to unbound that one and give it to Rocket, so I'll need one for Colossus. I have the stupid +1 to a bunch of stats on Ms. Marvel because I played her hybrid, shorty choice in hindsight but I'm not that fussed, I'm especially not fussed enough to waste another 300marks on her. I bought the crit one for Reed for obvious reasons, I have the mental dmg one on Emma also. I think that's all I have, the rest are all the xp/sif one from that event a few months ago, those don't Ben count.

So, let's see, assuming Nightcrawler, Emma, MsMarvel, Reed and Rocket are sorted, what would be some good ones for:

Colossus
Surfer
Ironman
Spider-Man

Maybe Jean, maybe Rogue, but it's probably too soon for those. I can buy 5 at the moment so let's stick with these for now

First, do you know you can trade any Legendary you own for 300 odin marks? The only thing you "lose" is the amount of ranks you leveled in it, but at least you get all your marks back.

Iron Man -- everyone gets Mkraan
Luke Cage -- I use Axe, but I believe Excalibur might be slightly better
SS -- I use Cosmic Control Rod, but I don't think that's ideal for raiding. I like CCR for soloing though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
First, do you know you can trade any Legendary you own for 300 odin marks? The only thing you "lose" is the amount of ranks you leveled in it, but at least you get all your marks back.

SS -- I use Cosmic Control Rod, but I don't think that's ideal for raiding. I like CCR for soloing though

Yes I know that, I said in the post I have to remove the pet one from Colossus to give it to Rocket

Ploid 3.0

Do you know exactly how many odin marks you had before opening the gift box? Sometimes I see omega globes or other items that spawn after doing things and they can't be picked up. It seem like a glitch that don't remove the graphic after you auto pick up the item. Health, Spirit, Spirit/health (purple), Odin, Omega, experience globes fall into that category. They all seem able to glitch like that.

My game glitched out and won't let me pick up the 3 Odin Marks dropped from the event's daily box.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309334443
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309334458

It dropped there and I can't pick it up. D:

Also about my Test Center problem. I fixed it by installing the Test Center where I had it installed the first time (C:\Program Files (x86)\Gazillion Entertainment\Marvel Heroes (Test Center)). There were already 13gigs of files in that folder but the main exe and uninstaller stuff was gone so maybe it was a bad uninstall.

Do you know exactly how many odin marks you had before opening the gift box? Sometimes I see omega globes or other items that spawn after doing things and they can't be picked up. It seem like a glitch that don't remove the graphic after you auto pick up the item. Health, Spirit, Spirit/health (purple), Odin, Omega, experience globes fall into that category. They all seem able to glitch like that.
I'm certain that I was already at 353, but I don't have any way to prove it.

At least the 10 OM drop I just used worked right.

Blank!

Colossus
Surfer
Ironman
Spider-Man

Colossus - Excalibur
Hulk - Excalibur
Surfer - Cosmic Control Rod
Ironman - Power Cosmic/M'Kraan
Spider-man - Excalibur for melee builds, Gungnir for hybrid/ranged, I use Axe of Ares cause fuck it.
Luke Cage - Excalibur

If you're pet-based, Neptune obviously. M'Kraan crystal can be subbed in for basically anyone for a nice mix of offensive/defense stats/spirit management. Gungnir can be subbed in for most anything as a purely offensive tool, but generally loses to Excalibur/Cosmic Control Rod/Warlock's eye except on hybrids. Power Cosmic looks to be best for anyone with hybrid damage but has a prohibitive cost.

Axe of Ares is largely an inferior Excalibur unless you're (obviously) not melee like Punisher. Axe also works for hybrid melee/ranged like Spiderman/Captain/Deadpool, but most hybrids still have way more melee damage focus than ranged.

Casket and Norn Stones are horrible. Shield of Perseus is great for defensive builds which unfortunately suck in this game so meh.

Golden Bow can be good provided the ranged hero you're using doesn't have much/any natural attack-speed in their kit/uniques. I can't think of one like that though.

Ultimate Nullifier is best for Wolverine when Ulti'ing and PvP'ers and that's it.

Ploid 3.0

I'm certain that I was already at 353, but I don't have any way to prove it.

At least the 10 OM drop I just used worked right.

I'm not sure if I collected the items from my glitches as well. So you're probably correct and we lose out on those auto pick up items that just stays when we walk over them. Oh well.

Sblargh

Banned

Actually, turning a legendary back into 300 marks cost a retcon device.
Unbinding it resets the level and costs almost nothing, 10k credits I think.

Rhaknar

Colossus - Excalibur
Hulk - Excalibur
Surfer - Cosmic Control Rod
Ironman - Power Cosmic/M'Kraan
Spider-man - Excalibur for melee builds, Gungnir for hybrid/ranged, I use Axe of Ares cause fuck it.
Luke Cage - Excalibur

If you're pet-based, Neptune obviously. M'Kraan crystal can be subbed in for basically anyone for a nice mix of offensive/defense stats/spirit management. Gungnir can be subbed in for most anything as a purely offensive tool, but generally loses to Excalibur/Cosmic Control Rod/Warlock's eye except on hybrids. Power Cosmic looks to be best for anyone with hybrid damage but has a prohibitive cost.

Axe of Ares is largely an inferior Excalibur unless you're (obviously) not melee like Punisher. Axe also works for hybrid melee/ranged like Spiderman/Captain/Deadpool, but most hybrids still have way more melee damage focus than ranged.

Casket and Norn Stones are horrible. Shield of Perseus is great for defensive builds which unfortunately suck in this game so meh.

Golden Bow can be good provided the ranged hero you're using doesn't have much/any natural attack-speed in their kit/uniques. I can't think of one like that though.

Ultimate Nullifier is best for Wolverine when Ulti'ing and PvP'ers and that's it.

Dat info overload. I guess I should get rid of the stones on Ms.Marvel and get her a proper one. She, like my Spider-Man, has a fucked up hybrid build where I'm mostly in melee range using...ranged spells, if that makes sense >_>

Does anyone have any excess of the following artifacts, they are my go-to on most heroes and I'm dry :/

Advanced Super Soldier Serum
Advanced Starstone Tooth
Advanced Kung Fu
Advanced Cyttorak

Volimar

Dat info overload. I guess I should get rid of the stones on Ms.Marvel and get her a proper one. She, like my Spider-Man, has a fucked up hybrid build where I'm mostly in melee range using...ranged spells, if that makes sense >_>

Does anyone have any excess of the following artifacts, they are my go-to on most heroes and I'm dry :/

Advanced Starstone Tooth
Advanced Kung Fu
Advanced Cyttorak

I get the super soldier serum from time to time, with awful rolls. I'll keep an eye out.

Tendo

OK, I am a bit confused. I have been maining Star-Lord at 60 and gearing him up using an outlaw/commander build.

According to many builds online they say I should be using apoc armor instead of his unique for that slot and I don't understand why. I just got an apoc armor drop and it doesn't seem like an improvement? Maybe I don't understand how the stats work on it? Here are the two items in comparison. Which should I use for my build?

H0bFzHR.jpg

Hereafter

Advanced Starstone Tooth
Advanced Kung Fu
Advanced Cyttorak

Message me ingame.

Blank!

OK, I am a bit confused. I have been maining Star-Lord at 60 and gearing him up using an outlaw/commander build.

According to many builds online they say I should be using apoc armor instead of his unique for that slot and I don't understand why. I just got an apoc armor drop and it doesn't seem like an improvement? Maybe I don't understand how the stats work on it? Here are the two items in comparison. Which should I use for my build?

H0bFzHR.jpg

Apoc armor has higher health.

They both have +1 all skills.

You rolled low on % to avoid attacks, but they both max at 4%.

Apoc armor has better -spirit reduction (factor in +energy)

+1 Energy = 160 damage rating, so you're looking at ~500ish energy damage rating, your slot 2 has none.

Durability is a crappy stat. Health regen is ~59 health twice a second or just over 1/4 as strong as a 400 life on hit core (assuming constant hitting). Not exactly setting the world on fire.

I have no idea what skills Starlord focuses on but I'm guessing (at best) the two listed are considered "layers" and not main-DPS skills. Layers you never really focus on boosting as their DPS (usually) accounts for less than 50% of your "main-DPS" skill. +Damage rating effects everything, including your main DPS skill which is why it's preferred for slot 2 where you can't get +skills on cosmic gear anyway (only "Grant X skill" is found on slot 2).

Rhaknar

Message me ingame.

Will do but there is no urgency, it's just artifacts I like to have since I have every character and atm I'm out (I finally got one super soldier to drop the other day), for example if I want to use one on Rogue or Jean I can't, I have no cyttorak for Rogue for example (I assume she's physical dmg).

Again, it's just for stocking purposes, so only if you have a surplus (like I have of the pet dmg one for example, if anyone needs)

Tendo

+1 Energy = 160 damage rating, so you're looking at ~500ish energy damage rating, your slot 2 has none.

Durability is a crappy stat. Health regen is ~59 health twice a second or just over 1/4 as strong as a 400 life on hit core (assuming constant hitting). Not exactly setting the world on fire.

I have no idea what skills Starlord focuses on but I'm guessing (at best) the two listed are considered "layers" and not main-DPS skills. Layers you never really focus on boosting as their DPS (usually) accounts for less than 50% of your "main-DPS" skill. +Damage rating effects everything, including your main DPS skill which is why it's preferred for slot 2 where you can't get +skills on cosmic gear anyway (only "Grant X skill" is found on slot 2).

Thank you for taking the time to write that up for me. I had figured that the +2 energy was where I was going to see my big gains as it would effect all of my skills. Thanks!

Moondrop

Banned
Test center is up.

Feeling very whelmed by reviewed Jean on first pass. Superficially the improvements are there: dash, signature looks very good. But they took away her bubble. I just. Yeah, you can deflect (every 4s) with kinetic wave, and psychic corona and phoenix corona can be turned on, but... it looks and feels like they took away Jean's bubble.

As for the single target situation, I sure hope dummy TTK isn't comparable to live because my psychic hammer has a dramatically worse time. Kinetic wave is no longer in competition with its cooldown. Phoenix drain is the presumed replacement- a static channel- and it's indeed a bit faster than hammer but burns through all my spirit on a River of the Soul character. Other bad signs include the reworked confusion is no longer a bubble either, but a single area attack.

Moving on to Rogue.

Moondrop

Banned
Under-whelmed? Or over-whelmed?
Just whelmed.

First glance at Rogue: the "Marvelous Physique" tree feels kind of inconsequential. The powers are well animated- a swooping uppercut in particular- but I guess I hope I can find more impactful powers elsewhere. There is a death from above move; Rogue lifts a chunk of rubble and slams it for aoe knockdown and vulnerability. But I could see this tree really just being 1 point wonders- the death from above, the dash, the weaken, a passive, flight, a spirit draining basic.

Steal from friends has the signature, which is basically a whirling dervish of energy damage with a burst at the end. You can move during the channel. I dunno, maybe this is good.

Steal from foes has two fixed powers. Drain Life, an aoe dot and self regen, is pretty cool in concept but a bit slow in execution and the rate or regen needs to be tested. Rogue's self buff, Gloves Off, is pretty godly on paper: 15s/60s uptime, 1% dmg returned as health, damage rating and attack speed that scale with point investment.

Now I've got to go figure out how to steal some powers; the rest of my tree is empty. :)

Moondrop

Banned
Should I bother to write about friends powers- haven't they all been revealed? I'll just list some team-ups perhaps first but I have notes on all I've found so far.

She-hulk: Damage and attack speed self-buff on 8s/24s cycle. Plus growth visual. This could become a staple.
Gamora: passive bonuses to melee and ranged damage, not bad.
Drax: brutal rating, brutral damage, brutal chance- what's not to like?

Rhaknar

She hulk is on the TC? So she's coming with rogue this Friday?

Rhaknar

Yes and I don't know.

Cap's passive grants 2% block chance.

Colossus's toggle turns the osmium skin on/off visually. *bows

Rogue turns metal? If so bow indeed

Does she get claws from wolverine or turn blue from Kurt?

Moondrop

Banned
Rogue turns metal? If so bow indeed

Does she get claws from wolverine or turn blue from Kurt?
Yes, bows all around. Confirmed, she gets claws out passively with Wolverine's power on bar. Pretty sure not blue from Kurt; it's just blink strike.

I like Dempsey Roll on her; it fits.

Rhaknar

Yes, bows all around. Confirmed, she gets claws out passively with Wolverine's power on bar. Pretty sure not blue from Kurt; it's just blink strike.

I like Dempsey Roll on her; it fits.

No blue fur from Kurt? Pre order canceled!

Wait I have the advance pack...refund incoming!

Oh btw for those wondering, Cyclops pet from the unique has no matching costume on Emma's old man Logan costume, as expected. Phoenix Five still the superior Emma costume

Lord Phol

Thank you for taking the time to write that up for me. I had figured that the +2 energy was where I was going to see my big gains as it would effect all of my skills. Thanks!

While this is all true and apoc armor will most likely be the better choice I'd still like to point out a few things. First is that Quill is really squishie and has no inert means of healing himself (besides the fire basic which no one is using). While they might sound inconsequential by themselves the defense stats on his slot 2 unique and especially the proc can be very useful for surviving harder content, even the 8 points to spartoi grit helps out a bit. Second is that while orbital strike isn't his main dps skill it is a big part of his kit, +8 to it is quite the damage boost.

That being said, from a pure dps perspective apoc armor will most likely beat it out. Though I have no way to test out by how much myself.

Moondrop

Banned
The keys to Rogue's power tags are those powers with a "Core" tag. Every other category is limited to two I believe, but you can have unlimited Core powers. Examples so far: Scarlet Witch's hex bolts, a dive that stealths from Black Widow (some powers are kind of made up), teleport from Living Laser (pretty awesome), and of course Rhino's charge.

Lord Phol

I remember those red items showing up in an earlier TC build by mistake, might be the same here, unless they are ready for live.

Ken

Got a telepath Emma to level 40 and I...don't really like her? Maybe I'm missing something though so I'll check out some videos of how other people play telepath Emma but she doesn't feel exciting at all. That or just leave her at 50.

Indignate

No blue fur from Kurt? Pre order canceled!

She gets his tail when she ults.

Got a telepath Emma to level 40 and I...don't really like her? Maybe I'm missing something though so I'll check out some videos of how other people play telepath Emma but she doesn't feel exciting at all. That or just leave her at 50.

I took her to 52 and I actually like how she turned out. You do her enemies take more damage spell, then spray her cone for DoT, dive right into the middle, Sudden Dread, Kneel Before Me, minion buff, and then clean up (or Drain Psyche a boss).

I just like diving into a group and using her Dread and sig as it stops enemies from attacking. It's an awesome feeling stopping Juggernaut mid charge and allowing everyone else to just pound on him.

DrAg0nBoY

Ok I found out that I was an idiot for gifting uniques to the vendor for XP >.<. Had sooooo much uniques, bah.

On another note. Gonna bring Hawkeye to 60 today (probably) and don't know who to play then. I narrowed my choice to Loki, Spider Man, Storm and Star-Lord. So who do you suggest me to try next?

Moondrop

Banned
On another note. Gonna bring Hawkeye to 60 today (probably) and don't know who to play then. I narrowed my choice to Loki, Spider Man, Storm and Star-Lord. So who do you suggest me to try next?
I liked Spider-Man the best (because I like melee), but Storm is beastly once you get to 40s. Don't have Star-Lord.

I logged off last night to try to bypass the bodyslide cooldown and test more powers. Now my Test Center is stuck in an endless Repair File loop.

Has anyone seen the passive effects of the She-Hulk team-up? I'm looking to see if anyone took a screenshot from test center but I haven't had any luck so far.

LuuKyK

So my files were broken or whatever and I had to repair it.

Now I have to download 6gb.

My life.

Test Center is still saying Unable to load metafile and I can't find a way to fix it. I looked in the forums and nothing. t_t

How do you repair manually the patcher? There is a button somewhere?

Volimar

Just since I posted that I've come across 2 advanced super soldier serum. Msg me next time we're both in game and they're all yours Rhaknar.

KePoW

Banned
Ok I found out that I was an idiot for gifting uniques to the vendor for XP >.<. Had sooooo much uniques, bah.

Did you love Hawkeye ??

Top Bottom