• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

Found my second Gem of the Kursed today. But since the first one came from midtown, this would be the first official cosmic terminal drop, after farming forever. The numbers were okay, but I wanted more, so I proceeded to reroll the stats four times... 800k credits down the drain. And every roll was worse than the original. (-__-)

Not sure if I should just leave it alone or keep rerolling.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I knew loot was buffed in midtown I would have done more farming and less leveling this week, oh well

While buying legendaries yesterday I realized why I will never raid, because I would much rather buy legendaries for all my heroes than waste marks on blessings :(

Ken

If I knew loot was buffed in midtown I would have done more farming and less leveling this week, oh well

While buying legendaries yesterday I realized why I will never raid, because I would much rather buy legendaries for all my heroes than waste marks on blessings :(

I actually did a ton of leveling in MM this week. Those boss waves give so much XP.

Lord Phol

Found my second Gem of the Kursed today. But since the first one came from midtown, this would be the first official cosmic terminal drop, after farming forever. The numbers were okay, but I wanted more, so I proceeded to reroll the stats four times... 800k credits down the drain. And every roll was worse than the original. (-__-)

On a semi-related note I wasted 9 costumes, 6 Molecules and 600k monies on the costume blender. Felt pretty bad.

The costumes I got was:

- Taskmaster Udon (dupe, used in 2nd blender attempt)
- Wolverine Patch (don't like, all ready have fear itself, used in 3rd blender attempt)
- Punisher Classic (this is going to end up in the blender when I get more costumes).

So pretty meh about the whole ordeal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tra why u ignore LUKE CAGE ??

playing Luke Cage right now, although im not having luck with uniques

I guess bosses dont carry valuable items on them near Luke Cage :(

DrAg0nBoY

Started leveling Star Lord (got to level 10 in like 20 minutes or so) and I really like him, just need to get the feel for him.

And also need to forget how I had my keys for Hawkeye, because I want to dash and do one of his attacks instead ...

Btw. Till when is the MM Event going? Till tomorow?

Ploid 3.0

Ends when the next patch is out and the servers are taken down to apply the patch. So around Friday morning at 6:00 A.M. PST.

I just randomed Task Master and felt that it was probably a bad thing. Looking over his character and seeing that he was so cheap because Gaz didn't have to work too hard making new abilities for him is pretty cool. Time to Task it up, Mahvel style (I hear he's the same voice actor as the MVC3 Task Master).

What a deal he is.

Mupod

Ends when the next patch is out and the servers are taken down to apply the patch. So around Friday morning at 6:00 A.M. PST.

I just randomed Task Master and felt that it was probably a bad thing. Looking over his character and seeing that he was so cheap because Gaz didn't have to work too hard making new abilities for him is pretty cool. Time to Task it up, Mahvel style (I hear he's the same voice actor as the MVC3 Task Master).

What a deal he is.

Yeah, he's a great character and fun to play, which is why I recommend him to those looking for a cheap hero. Him and his UDON costume are the first things I bought in this game when I came back to it.

He's voiced by Steve Blum, save as MVC3, but he does the voice a bit differently in MH. I prefer the MVC3 version because it sounds closer to how he talks in the comics, and there's already too much Steve Blum in Marvel Heroes. One interesting thing is that he's actually got most of the moves he had in MVC3, hell Legion Arrow even has the same name.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
emf nerf in coming path (silver surver which was indirectly nerfed due to rogue)

the first test center build never had this change it was on done after people tested rogue and mentioned about emf on her.

seems like my theory was right, this game is going to be a bitch to with all the different possiblites on her and the hero these skills come from are going to be affected aswell due them being overpowered on certain other skills with rogue (which they wernt made for in first place).

Electromagnetic Flux now ramps up in Damage and Power Cosmic cost every 1.5s instead of 1s (still stacks twice).

Ramp up bonus has decreased to 50% bonus damage.

Damage per hit has increased.

Channeling EMF temporarily disables natural default Power Cosmic regeneration.

Thought I'd try prestiging a character because of the amount of experience the bosses are giving in Midtown. Got her back to like level 45 in the space of a couple hours. I think I'm liking MM better than some of the other events they've been doing recently, even though the cards have not been kind to me.

KePoW

Banned
playing Luke Cage right now, although im not having luck with uniques

I guess bosses dont carry valuable items on them near Luke Cage :(

hahha funny

seems like my theory was right, this game is going to be a bitch to with all the different possiblites on her and the hero these skills come from are going to be affected aswell due them being overpowered on certain other skills with rogue (which they wernt made for in first place).

EMF was overpowered to begin with, long before Rouge

Silver Surfer is one of my favorite characters to play right now, but every time I'm on him I literally laugh out loud knowing how ridiculously overpowered he is. Would be completely hypocritical to criticize a nerf

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cosmic chaos is returning this week according to doomsaw

We're on schedule for another public test center patch in 4 hours, at 2pm Pacific Time.

It will contains some modest changes and bugs fixes for Jean, Rogue, Cybernetics, etc.

New sound tech should be ready, resulting in: Sound!

More patching changes should result in a smoother process patching Test Center.

Testing of the Cosmic Chaos event will be ready.

Actual launch of this patch is TBD, I would like another few days testing of Rogue given the raw number of powers she has, but we'll see how we're doing after today's test center feedback.

KePoW

Banned
I don't know how others feel, but I'm kinda tired of these weekly events. I with they were once a month to give us a break

tra why u ignore LUKE CAGE ??

I don't rank him since I haven't tried him yet. He might be the best character in the game, though that's highly doubtful. I will say that when I play him I will do so without any pre-existing prejudices
And also need to forget how I had my keys for Hawkeye, because I want to dash and do one of his attacks instead ...

Every character has the same basic utility abilities (e.g. dash), so just make sure to always map those to the same key. I know on every character I play that "F" is their dash-like skill.

Most importantly did you guys see Emma's new diamond form?

FormalLankyEquine.gif

Vecks

They look pretty good I think. Probably look a lot better in motion.

Diamond looks more distinguishable than I expected, which is nice. Seems a lot more detailed than the old style. Curious to see how the diamond glittering looks in motion. The only one I don't really care for with the visuals is Phoenix Force.

Vecks

I don't know how others feel, but I'm kinda tired of these weekly events. I with they were once a month to give us a break

I know, it sucks that these weekly events force you to play or you die.

Yeah, I'm also exhausted.
I feel like they should just be weekend events, or every other week.
I really should just take a break for a week, but I do want to get some cosmic prestige leveling done.
Maybe next week... *crosses fingers*

gazele

Banned
I've played pretty lightly this midtown event, I'll probably go hard on the last day of the cosmic event (still have lots of door and cow portals! Lol, even though they kinda suck)

Mupod

I bet they got tired of them too, but the higher-ups probably saw what a hugely positive effect they were having on the game.

That's why we're getting recurring ones now. Less effort on the development side but people still get their events. Kinda funny how we'll probably never see the game back at the normal modifiers for XP/RIF/SIF though.

Blank!

Depends on just how low is low and what you want to do with it. A bad one can still go for 8-10 blessings if you want to trade it. If you want to actually use it though, the most important stats are the crit damage rating (want 750+, 800+ is superb) and crit rating/brutal rating (220+ for both, over 250 is superb). Brutal rating is far less important but a decent roll sure is nice.

Anything too low, and you're looking at a very poor upgrade to a well rolled Ziggeraut.

Vecks

Depends on just how low is low and what you want to do with it. A bad one can still go for 8-10 blessings if you want to trade it. If you want to actually use it though, the most important stats are the crit damage rating (want 750+, 800+ is superb) and crit rating/brutal rating (220+ for both, over 250 is superb). Brutal rating is far less important but a decent roll sure is nice.

Anything too low, and you're looking at a very poor upgrade to a well rolled Ziggeraut.

I don't really care about trading in the game. So I prefer to just use it. I think it originally had 200ish on crit and 700 on crit damage, but rerolling it just made it worse. At one point the crit damage was down to 550. Now it's about 210 crit and 660 crit damage.

Rhaknar

Didn't no much today apart from a couple of hours this morning, still got full 60 uniques on Luke Cage (last one from trading 3 dupes, dat luck) and almost full on Colossus, only slot 1 is my old lvl 54 unique. Definitely going to miss this event to gear up

And speaking of events, I guess I'm the only one that likes there's a new one every week, at least it doesn't get stale, there's always something going on.

Going to try and get some time in when I get home from work since patches on US time mean it's not until lunch time for us Europeans so I should have all morning to get a bit more out of MM, I was working on gearing up Kurt next, only got 1 unique (lvl 60 dupe but at least it's an upgrade to my 47) before I came to work.

Rhaknar

So Rogue tomorrow, yes?

Probably, they said they would like more time but they'll see how she is in the next TC build. But yeah, most likely tomorrow, and probably semi broken as usual for new heroes :p

Rogue, Jean Review, She Hulk team up and Cybernetiks system, that's a good patch

Rhaknar

cybernetiks is the thing where pets can auto loot for you yeah? needed that last week lol

Yes, which means now I need a pet for every hero (I know they are not bound)

That's how they get ya!

Glad to hear that waypoints are finally account bound. So annoying having to go through each character to get different waypoints you needed.

KePoW

Banned
Probably, they said they would like more time but they'll see how she is in the next TC build. But yeah, most likely tomorrow, and probably semi broken as usual for new heroes :p

that's the truth. i wonder if they're ever just going to wait one time until a new hero is truly finished before release lol

Rogue, Jean Review, She Hulk team up and Cybernetiks system, that's a good patch

wat's cybarnetiks system??

Indignate

Glad to hear that waypoints are finally account bound. So annoying having to go through each character to get different waypoints you needed.

This is really the best news.

cybernetiks is the thing where pets can auto loot for you yeah? needed that last week lol

Do they pick up the loot for you or do they eat it?

I thought it was the latter and that's how they leveled up or something.

Rhaknar

This is really the best news.

Do they pick up the loot for you or do they eat it?

I thought it was the latter and that's how they leveled up or something.

They eat it but if you have no pet you can still vacuum it

Rhaknar

I thought they said they're postponing cybernetics? Or was it the zoo?
Or both?!

Zoo

So tomorrow's event is the cosmic one. I missed it last time, does anyone remember / know what it entails?

Zoo

So tomorrow's event is the cosmic one. I missed it last time, does anyone remember / know what it entails?

A whole host of stuff. Double the rate of experience for cosmic prestige (on top of the 42% server side XP boost), double cosmic doop spawns, Moondragon will be back with all the items you can buy with the Worldstones, and the Doop rune can drop again.

Rhaknar

A whole host of stuff. Double the rate of experience for cosmic prestige (on top of the 42% server side XP boost), double cosmic doop spawns, Moondragon will be back with all the items you can buy with the Worldstones, and the Doop rune can drop again.

hmm cosmic prestige part doesnt interest me, and I dont know what worldstones or the doop rune are :p

will know tomorow I guess :)

Top Bottom