• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will cosmic doops drop cosmic medallions again? Or was that a different event?

Oh this part interests me, all the cosmics I care about are rings and medallions

hmm cosmic prestige part doesnt interest me, and I dont know what worldstones or the doop rune are :p

will know tomorow I guess :)

Worldstones are just another event currency. You can buy things like the cosmic Doop pet with them, the recipe for upgrading insignias to cosmic, portals to the Doop Training Sector (similar to cows but filled with Doops), and a special legendary that will no doubt be excellent for Rogue players.

Will cosmic doops drop cosmic medallions again? Or was that a different event?

That was only for the Big 12 event in June.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Going to have to break my "don't play new heroes when they come out because very onesies playing them" rule because I'm way into this again and I have no one else to level. Well Jean I guess, but I'm getting excited for Rogue now, and that rule will go out the window with Magneto and Juggernaut anyway, might aswell start now

Rhaknar

So probably not coming out tomorrow then.

Ba dum pssh.

Any other game? Sure

This game? They will just push it out broken and then hot fix it

Gaz has a weird tendency to stick to patch schedules even tho most of the time they shouldn't, one of the downfalls of being too open with the community

Any other game? Sure

This game? They will just push it out broken and then hot fix it

Gaz has a weird tendency to stick to patch schedules even tho most of the time they shouldn't, one of the downfalls of being too open with the community

They've pulled back on giving hard dates for things lately. The only time they really seem beholden to deadlines now are for movie tie-ins.

Speaking of all this though, they pushed back Rogue, Jean, and the pet stuff to next week.

Rhaknar

They've pulled back on giving hard dates for things lately. The only time they really seem beholden to deadlines now are for movie tie-ins.

Speaking of all this though, they pushed back Rogue, Jean, and the pet stuff to next week.

Good! They talk about maybe extending MM which would be amazing, I would do some hardcore gearing up, but too much whining about lag on the forums so they'll just do cosmic probably :(

Which of the following is best for endgame? So far I have Cable, Cyclops, Colossus, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Ms Marvel, Rocket Raccoon, Scarlett Witch, Squirrel Girl and Storm all at 60 or very close to it. I want to start raiding but am unsure which character to concentrate on. I used to farm with Cyclops but he's terrible in the new raids and cosmics especially after all the life drain nerfs.

What say thee GAF?

That was only for the Big 12 event in June.
General Doop in the Doop portal always drops a cosmic medallion, so if you guys want cosmic medals just buy those portals. They're only 42 worldstones each. I wonder if they'll nerf the drop rate of worldstones because they dropped a lot... I wouldn't put it past Gaz. I hate their stealth nerfs to loot.

Rhaknar

dat Nova

23b5BNS.jpg

Sam Nova

also sale:

So just letting you all know... all boxes of Fortune Cards, Pets, and Team-Ups are 25% off right now!

fortune cards ugh I was thinking of buying some bundles for pots and shit (possibility of pets now with the new system I actually want them) because im out, with the sale I might not be able to resist, even tho I vouched to never buy cards again >_<

Lord Phol

Hmm Novas mechanics sound pretty interesting, though not sure they are very novaish, and I'm still iffy about movement powers in this game. The vfx for Rich is still the wrong color, gaz better not turn this into another "Alejandra" situation.

KePoW

Banned
Which of the following is best for endgame? So far I have Cable, Cyclops, Colossus, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Ms Marvel, Rocket Raccoon, Scarlett Witch, Squirrel Girl and Storm all at 60 or very close to it. I want to start raiding but am unsure which character to concentrate on. I used to farm with Cyclops but he's terrible in the new raids and cosmics especially after all the life drain nerfs.

What say thee GAF?

Out of your list -- Iron Man or Squirrel Girl

DrAg0nBoY

I was looking at the raiding guide on the marvel heroes forums and I got kinda scared after reading all of this :D. Don't know if I will ever go raiding, haha.

KePoW

Banned
I was looking at the raiding guide on the marvel heroes forums and I got kinda scared after reading all of this :D. Don't know if I will ever go raiding, haha.

if u raid with us GAF guild, we're all chill

don't pay attention to official forum, they exaggerate things a bunch

Rhaknar

if u raid with us GAF guild, we're all chill

don't pay attention to official forum, they exaggerate things a bunch

let me know when I can raid without blessings >_>

let me know when I can raid without blessings >_>

You actually can, as long as your base gear is good. Blessings just make good gear better, since before slapping on something like helas for the brut chance, you have to have good crit chance to get those bruts in the first place, or if you are using friggas your pets will do better with more levels in the skills before slapping that blessing on for a 10% damage increase. I'm pretty sure if you are moonknight or another high dps character you can do fine dps in these raids without any blessings. You can hit 5m bruts without any blessings or BiS gear because I have done it when I'm gearing up MK.

Rhaknar

Not sure how many of us had blessings when we cleared it earlier in the week, I know I only had 1 (on Thor), though I did have a rank 3 legendary.

so I guess the stories that you need full blessings, maxed out legendaries and whatnot are slightly exagerated?

KePoW

Banned
so I guess the stories that you need full blessings, maxed out legendaries and whatnot are slightly exagerated?

You definitely do not need blessings.

But I would recommend all level 60 gear and rank 4/5 Legendary. Preferably high level artifacts

Rhaknar

im stuck in a empty midtown even after relogging. any way to fix this?

Blank!

What say thee GAF?

Of the characters who haven't had their level-52 review, Cable/Deadpool are #2 and #3 behind Thing. Cable in particular is rather easy to gear because his uniques are pretty good and there are some cheap/easier gear options early on, but some super expensive/good later on (doop shit) that he benefits greatly from.

All the post-review characters you mentioned are solid. Rocket/Squirrel Girl tend to be the easier to gear for as there's little overlap with other "mains" you might have (pet build obviously). In terms of gearing up, Ironman and Storm are easier to gear than Hawkeye/Ms. Marvel/. Not sure where Colossus falls on that.

Rhaknar

Ask someone to invite you to a party so you get ported to their instance.

aye a guildie helped me out :)

oh btw guys... Storm.

Storm guys...oh man, I missed her. I fucked up her spec after the review and she felt weird (I took the new lightning aura which seemed shit, I thought the wind one was gone, I couldnt find her channeled aoe where she flies around with lughtning crashing everywhere...)

now that shes back how I had her pre-review, fuck I love her so much.

im having slightly bit of spirit problems, not alot but, is a mkran good for her (since shes energy like IM)? im not seeing anything else except the bow for ranged, and I would rather have the balanced mkran

edit: hmm Im reading the lightning aur again and notice it has a dmg passive in it too... now i dont know :( which one is the best after the review?

KePoW

Banned
Storm guys...oh man, I missed her. I fucked up her spec after the review and she felt weird (I took the new lightning aura which seemed shit, I thought the wind one was gone, I couldnt find her channeled aoe where she flies around with lughtning crashing everywhere...)

now that shes back how I had her pre-review, fuck I love her so much.

im having slightly bit of spirit problems, not alot but, is a mkran good for her (since shes energy like IM)? im not seeing anything else except the bow for ranged, and I would rather have the balanced mkran

edit: hmm Im reading the lightning aur again and notice it has a dmg passive in it too... now i dont know :( which one is the best after the review?

if u mean teh tempest powers, I use Freezing

Cosmic Control Rod for legendary

Well another 60 down, but really think i'm done with the game for a while. Seriously need new content and not new game systems implemented. Since Asgard stuff there hasn't really been any meaningful new content added, was kinda excited about the Zoo stuff, but no the stupid pet system instead, bah. It's just getting boring grinding the same content zergs over and over now. Got so many heroes I want to play too :(

Was really hoping they would continue the story stuff and content on a more regular basis, instead it's just more progression systems they keep adding and non stop events which again are just more grinds. Meh

Rhaknar

Well another 60 down, but really think i'm done with the game for a while. Seriously need new content and not new game systems implemented. Since Asgard stuff there hasn't really been any meaningful new content added, was kinda excited about the Zoo stuff, but no the stupid pet system instead, bah. It's just getting boring grinding the same content zergs over and over now. Got so many heroes I want to play too :(

Was really hoping they would continue the story stuff and content on a more regular basis, instead it's just more progression systems they keep adding and non stop events which again are just more grinds. Meh

playing the heroes themselves is what I like, I dont care doing what, but I could see how that would turn people off

but its the nature of the game for these things. Diablo, Torchlight, they all have finite maps

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK THIS NO ROGUE BULLSHIT

going to play the new Diablo 3 patch until Rogue. SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME, GAZILLION!?

I find that ARPG's are now just a tool for podcast-listening. Diablo moreso than Marvel, since in MH I actually want to buy and level up heroes and team-ups, and I enjoy gearing them up for raiding, whereas Diablo is just pretty to look at.

People on the official forums for MH go so crazy all the time. It would be nice for the Cosmic event to start back up today, though. I was traveling during the first one, and I need both the legendary and the artifact for Cable.

Rhaknar

MM still going, some of my heroes are cursed, some are blessed. Got fuck all with Storm, Nightcrawler and MK earlier, but then got the remaining 60 uniques i needed on spiderman in no time, and now I got 3 (!) on Surfer and just need 1 more. not complaining :p

KePoW

Banned
MM still going, some of my heroes are cursed, some are blessed. Got fuck all with Storm, Nightcrawler and MK earlier, but then got the remaining 60 uniques i needed on spiderman in no time, and now I got 3 (!) on Surfer and just need 1 more. not complaining :p

I've had absolutely horrible luck with Storm during the Midtown event. 3 straight hours one session with no uniques

Rhaknar

well thats it for me on MM for now, going out to eat. if its still up later, ill do some hardcore gearing up again. if they finally switched it to something else, oh well, got a ton of stuff as it is :)

So it looks like they're not rolling out the patch today?

Doomsaw said said:
Hi all,

We are contemplating a Cosmic Event patch for this weekend or possibly continuing Midtown Madness.

We have a temporary older build of the game going into test center for a bit of testing to make sure everything is still working.

Once we take a look at that, we'll make a decision about this weekend's event (keep the same or something new) and we'll let you know ASAP.

I don't have any more information until we are 100% sure about the status of the game build, but I'll let you know the minute I have something else.

Until then, enjoy the Midtown cards, they may be going away soon!

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/129760/weekend-event-update

So who knows, but if they do patch in the cosmic event the servers will come down for a little bit today.

Top Bottom