• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Is the cosmic event only exp boost while MM has RIF/SIF too? I'm thinking I should open up my saved up chests before the patch. I was trying to hold on to them until my Thing hit 60 (at 54 now).

Vecks

Is the cosmic event only exp boost while MM has RIF/SIF too? I'm thinking I should open up my saved up chests before the patch. I was trying to hold on to them until my Thing hit 60 (at 54 now).

Last time it was 42% boost to everything, so it should be the same. either way, it's still less than the current boost.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i think this just shows they are trying to do far to much at once, and its starting to get on top of them

welp im done with the Test Center
just got a stupid power state failure BSOD
it didnt happen yesterday either
edit:it happened while downloading the TC btw

Ken

predictions on this week's event?

• extended midtown madness
  • cosmic event
  • oops something blew up; negative XP buff and 0 player defense for everyone!

Vecks

Sounds like it's strictly for the event. Too bad.
I was hoping for at least a few of the QoL changes, like the hardware cursor or the currency tab.
Oh well, time for the Cosmic Prestigers to come out and play.
Last time my goal was 30, but I managed to hit 38. I'm shooting for at least 45 this time.

Vecks

Did the Hardware Cursor even work? Every time I tried it, the other day, it instantly crashed the game.

Probably still broken. Haven't heard anything about it being fixed yet. Hopefully they'll have a new build for the test center when it goes back up.

Drayco21

I was hoping for at least a few of the QoL changes, like the hardware cursor or the currency tab.
Last time my goal was 30, but I managed to hit 38. I'm shooting for at least 45 this time.

Doomsaw's posts today indicate the currency tab is going to launch with Magneto, so maybe next month?

Vecks

Oh. I guess most the test center stuff must have a long way to go then.

Then I hope at least the cybernetics make it next week.

Ploid 3.0

Dec

It's good to hear that they are working on it, I didn't even know they were trying.

Just saw the edit when I quoted you. I will try this.

A half assed solution is possible, and has been. You can make a dll with some C++ in it to get around hardware cursor but there are problems with it potentially being seen as a cheat and hiding scaleforms drawn cursor, flickering and disappearing.

With the access they have to the engine they could potentially have found a work around. Will have to see if there are any issues when it is actually working.

I asked @viking how they did it, would be cool to know.

KePoW

Banned

if it lasts an entire week, you can easily go from 38 to 45

cosmic prestige really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and 95% of those people probably haven't even tried for themselves lol

Vecks

Probably won't affect most of you, but looks like no cosmic prestige leveling boost for whatever reason.

It unfortunately is not active for this event - it will be active next time we run the event.

To make up for it, I've doubled the XP livetuning to 84% for this event. That however will not return next time.

More xp in general at least. I think I'll just run cosmic terminals later.

Ken

sounds like a gaz event

blah, think i'll take a break this week after getting storm to 50. regular MM is too sad after a week of midtown madness lol
---

how do i unlock enchantment of the sun (spirit)? my enchanter is r16 and spreadsheets say it should be unlocked at r15?

edit: nevermind, i got it. ranked enchanter to 17 and it seemed to unlock it

Drayco21

Disconnected a second time- wonder what's going on.

Edit: Possible Weather relation? Thor must be pissed they haven't hurried up and reviewed him yet.

Ken

so for that raid we tried to do today; it's not a serious business raid right? given that you had to pug so many members i'm guessing it's pretty light on wipe mechanics?

KePoW

Banned
so for that raid we tried to do today; it's not a serious business raid right? given that you had to pug so many members i'm guessing it's pretty light on wipe mechanics?

serious business raid as in difficulty level?

it's definitely not hard, but new players won't really know what's going on until they see each boss fight one or two times

Ken

Yeah, this is a known thing - everything in the event is turned on except the game mode stuff (XDef, Holo and Midtown) and the Cosmic Prestige stuff.

All of that is a larger engineering task and didn't have time to get into this weekend's patch, since it was a last minute decision to use this build of the game. (We had originally planned to ship Jean and Rogue but designers want more testing).

They will all be back next Cosmic Chaos event along with another couple of things that are in development.

why not just keep midtown madness :(

Carm

Boo, fell asleep early this afternoon so missed out on finishing two characters to 60 and no MM left. Wish they had extended it for the weekend or at least later today heh. I dunno if the xp buff now is better than MM orbs but I can say it was easier with MM, doing LQ's on Human Torch now and getting my ass handed to me if I'm not paying attention to health. In MM I wasn't targeted all the time so easier to stay alive.

MM week was productive though:

Cable 39-60
Black Widow 30-60
Dr. Strange 30-60
Emma Frost 30-60
Hulk 30-50
Human Torch 30-53
Loki 30-60
Punisher 30-60
Psylocke 30-60
Scarlet Witch 30-60
Storm 30-60
Thing 6-39 (playing with friends so had to stop)

I'm at 45 unstable molecules now too, was getting good luck with the cards.

Will just have Jean Grey left to 60 after getting HT and Hulk there, was gonna wait on her review today but may just level her before next patch.

Anyone know the requirements for the Doop runeword for summoners, is it just one doop rune?

Lord Phol

Troy Baker reprising Nova and it's been confirmed that Richard will get his own nova force color. Gaz is treating us Nova fans well atm!

Drayco21

are those in the next ADVANCE PACK ??

pls respond

Iceman was confirmed for the next Advanced Pack a long time ago, Iron Fist will assuredly be in it too.

So that gives us (at least, assuming Doomsaw isn't lying):
Doctor Doom (VA: Lex Lang)
Kitty Pryde w/ Lockheed
Blade (VA: Khary Payton, They want to get Wesley Snipes, let's pray for an enhanced :lol)
Iceman (VA: James Arnold Taylor)
Iron Fist
Ant-Man, apparently Hank Pym's, (VA: Wally Wingert)
Winter Soldier

And likely:
Nick Fury, the devs constantly tease a desire for a "Nickromancer", he's a big name character, and already has in-game assets.
War Machine: Established as desired to be a separate character, not an Iron Man enhanced, got pretty far in mentions for most desired 2015 heroes, and they've been in-discussion for his mechanics already.
Elektra: Confirmed 2015, but she's also a 200 ES hero, so I don't think she'll be in the Advanced Pack. Taskmaster wasn't retroactively added, right? Same here, I'd guess.
Havok: Off-handidly said to be coming 2015, has in-game assets
She-Hulk: Likewise
Domino: Likewise
Spider-Woman: Said to be coming "late 2015".

Iceman was confirmed for the next Advanced Pack a long time ago, Iron Fist will assuredly be in it too.

So that gives us (at least, assuming Doomsaw isn't lying):
Doctor Doom (VA: Lex Lang)
Kitty Pryde w/ Lockheed
Blade (VA: Khary Payton, They want to get Wesley Snipes, let's pray for an enhanced :lol)
Iceman (VA: James Arnold Taylor)
Iron Fist
Ant-Man, apparently Hank Pym's, (VA: Wally Wingert)
Winter Soldier

And likely:
Nick Fury, the devs constantly tease a desire for a "Nickromancer", he's a big name character, and already has in-game assets.
War Machine: Established as desired to be a separate character, not an Iron Man enhanced, got pretty far in mentions for most desired 2015 heroes, and they've been in-discussion for his mechanics already.
Elektra: Confirmed 2015, but she's also a 200 ES hero, so I don't think she'll be in the Advanced Pack. Taskmaster wasn't retroactively added, right? Same here, I'd guess.
Havok: Off-handidly said to be coming 2015, has in-game assets
She-Hulk: Likewise
Domino: Likewise
Spider-Woman: Said to be coming "late 2015".

They already confirmed Nick Fury for the 2015 Advance Pack. Which means we have 8 out of (likely) 12 characters confirmed.
Also you are correct, 200 ES characters are not part of the pack. The devs feel like the buyers shouldn't get heroes that are essentially side projects to them (as 200 ES heroes are).

I'm glad they confirmed Danny for 2015, though, the last time I heard they were saying he's either 2015 or 2016 advance pack.

Here's my own list from a while ago, just so you can cross-reference.

Top Bottom