• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do any raids happen on european friendly times?

got a few characters fully geared (apart from blessings), and a couple with actual proper specs too (lol), Reed and Surfer (Ironman, Colossus, Spidey are also fully geared but they have my trademark weird specs). I would probably use Reed, im just a nick away from lvl 4 on the legendary too

KePoW

Banned
Iceman was confirmed for the next Advanced Pack a long time ago, Iron Fist will assuredly be in it too.

So that gives us (at least, assuming Doomsaw isn't lying):
Doctor Doom (VA: Lex Lang)
Kitty Pryde w/ Lockheed
Blade (VA: Khary Payton, They want to get Wesley Snipes, let's pray for an enhanced :lol)
Iceman (VA: James Arnold Taylor)
Iron Fist
Ant-Man, apparently Hank Pym's, (VA: Wally Wingert)
Winter Soldier

And likely:
Nick Fury, the devs constantly tease a desire for a "Nickromancer", he's a big name character, and already has in-game assets.
War Machine: Established as desired to be a separate character, not an Iron Man enhanced, got pretty far in mentions for most desired 2015 heroes, and they've been in-discussion for his mechanics already.
Elektra: Confirmed 2015, but she's also a 200 ES hero, so I don't think she'll be in the Advanced Pack. Taskmaster wasn't retroactively added, right? Same here, I'd guess.
Havok: Off-handidly said to be coming 2015, has in-game assets
She-Hulk: Likewise
Domino: Likewise
Spider-Woman: Said to be coming "late 2015".

thx for the detailed breakdown! I can never remember these things well

do any raids happen on european friendly times?

got a few characters fully geared (apart from blessings), and a couple with actual proper specs too (lol), Reed and Surfer (Ironman, Colossus, Spidey are also fully geared but they have my trademark weird specs). I would probably use Reed, im just a nick away from lvl 4 on the legendary too

for euros it would probably only be weekends. I know Phol and Noray have done it with us then

weekdays we only raid at primetime north american, after work for most of us

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol are they really gonna get wesley sniper to do Blade in this game??

no way

are you guys raiding today? im off work so can stay up later at least

also has this been discussed?

"I had to cover a few things that aren't announced, but we just got this email from our Art Director...

...to DL.SID.Costumes

All the below have been Marvel Approved....

Angel Team-Up

Hulk [...]

[...]_Noir

Wolverine [...]

Spider-Man [...]

Psylocke Lady Mandarin

Thor_Female"

so Angel Team-up confirmed, we already saw Betsy mandarin before, Thor female is probably the new thor, not earth X which we already saw (so 2 thor female costumes?). any clue about the others? Spidey is probably 2099, since there is a new 2099 book

Rhaknar

liezryou is COMPLETELY trustworthy btw, good people

hey remember when I said Sue was tier 3 for me... yeeeeeeeeeah I kinda love her now lol. Been messing around with her a bit, changed her spec a bit, man I love her. I dont even care if she sucks :(

KePoW

Banned
hey remember when I said Sue was tier 3 for me... yeeeeeeeeeah I kinda love her now lol. Been messing around with her a bit, changed her spec a bit, man I love her. I dont even care if she sucks :(

lol I actually tried Sue again for a couple days last week, and I like her combat flow a lot

she's a lot more fun than I remember when first leveling her to 60 at launch

Rhaknar

just had my first raid experience!

as in, I was kicked from a group presumably because I dont have blessings (since I have a lvl 4 legendary on reed and full enchanted 60 uniques so I dont see what else it could be)

ah raids, how you make every game better

as in, I was kicked from a group presumably because I dont have blessings (since I have a lvl 4 legendary on reed and full enchanted 60 uniques)

What character were you playing on? I find people are more prejudiced against some of the less strong characters than others. Folks are a lot more forgiving on an undergeared Wolverine or Silver Surfer (pre-nerf) or Doctor Strange than they are of Psylocke or the Invisible Woman.

I find the requirement to have a fully ranked legendary, all uniques with runes, and full blessings to be ridiculous. Sadly, that's the consensus in the game now and most everyone you meet in a PUG setting adheres to it.

The weird part is that in my six or so times completing the raid, the two smoothest runs have featured "undergeared" players who knew how to play their class. Green raids aren't very difficult. Yes, you have to be able to pump out consistently high damage to clear everything. But honestly, 5-6 very well geared characters can easily carry the rest.

The only real answer to you is to either raid with our guild, or purchase those blessings. Grind for Odin marks and "gear up" so people don't look for an excuse to toss you. The game has no damage meter, so there's no way to prove one way or another how much you are contributing in a raid. It all comes down to a judgment without facts to back it up for most raid leaders.

I have three raid geared characters. I probably pump out the most damage on Wolverine, but I don't really care for his play style in raids that much. I prefer playing as Star-Lord and put out pretty comparable damage. My Rocket summoner build lags behind both those guys in damage, but I find him a lot more fun than Wolverine. I know if I show up to a PUG raid on Rocket without full blessings, I'm probably going to get kicked. That would never be the case on Wolverine or Star-Lord, who are considered top five or so in damage.

One final point: screw the raid mentality people. Play who you like. We cleared it the other night with a Punisher and Jean Grey, two characters who by consensus are considered quite weak right now. The players knew what they were doing and we all had fun.

KePoW

Banned

as in, I was kicked from a group presumably because I dont have blessings (since I have a lvl 4 legendary on reed and full enchanted 60 uniques so I dont see what else it could be)

that's why you raid with us GAF buddiez!

KePoW

Banned
I have three raid geared characters. I probably pump out the most damage on Wolverine, but I don't really care for his play style in raids that much. I prefer playing as Star-Lord and put out pretty comparable damage. My Rocket summoner build lags behind both those guys in damage, but I find him a lot more fun than Wolverine. I know if I show up to a PUG raid on Rocket without full blessings, I'm probably going to get kicked.

don't lie, your RR is not raid-geared !!

you just hit 60 one day ago, I've been watching you closely!

Rhaknar

What character were you playing on? I find people are more prejudiced against some of the less strong characters than others. Folks are a lot more forgiving on an undergeared Wolverine or Silver Surfer (pre-nerf) or Doctor Strange than they are of Psylocke or the Invisible Woman.

I find the requirement to have a fully ranked legendary, all uniques with runes, and full blessings to be ridiculous. Sadly, that's the consensus in the game now and most everyone you meet in a PUG setting adheres to it.

The weird part is that in my six or so times completing the raid, the two smoothest runs have featured "undergeared" players who knew how to play their class. Green raids aren't very difficult. Yes, you have to be able to pump out consistently high damage to clear everything. But honestly, 5-6 very well geared characters can easily carry the rest.

The only real answer to you is to either raid with our guild, or purchase those blessings. Grind for Odin marks and "gear up" so people don't look for an excuse to toss you. The game has no damage meter, so there's no way to prove one way or another how much you are contributing in a raid. It all comes down to a judgment without facts to back it up for most raid leaders.

I have three raid geared characters. I probably pump out the most damage on Wolverine, but I don't really care for his play style in raids that much. I prefer playing as Star-Lord and put out pretty comparable damage. My Rocket summoner build lags behind both those guys in damage, but I find him a lot more fun than Wolverine. I know if I show up to a PUG raid on Rocket without full blessings, I'm probably going to get kicked. That would never be the case on Wolverine or Star-Lord, who are considered top five or so in damage.

One final point: screw the raid mentality people. Play who you like. We cleared it the other night with a Punisher and Jean Grey, two characters who by consensus are considered quite weak right now. The players knew what they were doing and we all had fun.

Reed I said (Mr Fantastic).

I just took a look at what the blessing are. 2 questions:

can you put any on any artifact, and can you repeat them? because if so, I assume everyone just puts 4 X Odin for 20% extra dmg to bosses

which is GOD AWFUL game design to even have that in there. Good lord

Ken

can you put any on any artifact, and can you repeat them? because if so, I assume everyone just puts 4 X Odin for 20% extra dmg to bosses

for a lot of heroes i was playing hela seemed pretty popular going by guides

Vecks

Yeah, Hela is most popular in general. I like to use Fandral on heroes that are too squishy. And Frigga is used by summoner types.

don't lie, your RR is not raid-geared !!

you just hit 60 one day ago, I've been watching you closely!

True, I am lacking two blessings. I had a level four legendary, but I swapped some things around so I'm back to a fresh start on it. But I am approaching 350% summon damage, and that's basically one of three beneficial stats to summons. It's very straight-forward gearing for that build.

Also, weren't you called out for not having any enchants on your gear the other night? People make a big deal out of silly stuff.

Most people use Hela for the +5% brutal rating, unless they are summoners in which case they go with Frigga. And yes, you can use four of the same kind on each of your artifacts. If your critical rating is high enough, then 20% more to brutal rating is a pretty big deal in terms of damage output.

So long as you use a commonly used one like Hela, you aren't really locking yourself into anything. If you get an upgraded artifact, you can just move the blessing over. That includes moving it over to other characters.

If you were using Reed, he's consensus top 5 damage in the game right now. Not sure what the deal was there. He is a bit squishy, but that isn't something that blessings will help you with. You just have to avoid easily telegraphed boss damage abilities.

There are almost no builds that use Odin blessings... Hela and Fandral are the two most popular.

KePoW

Banned

90% to 95% of characters use Hela, so don't waste any marks on Odin

Rhaknar

90% to 95% of characters use Hela, so don't waste any marks on Odin

im not wasting any marks on any until I havent legendaries on at least the heroes i like, so...yeah, not anytime soon

Vecks

Psylocke and Ghostrider changes scheduled for end of September.

We'll be providing the exact changelist notes and details in 2-3 weeks, and the update is scheduled to go out with the major content patch for the end of September.

I have to say... it's going to be amazing. We've compiled a ton of feedback and made some larger scale mechanical changes to open up her build options. The current plan is to move the secondary resource away from an 'alternative spirit' mechanic and into a damage shield style mechanic (allowing her to use the Psionic Construct powers at any time), and focus her gameplay more on mobility and stealth.

Also... optional Psi Katana replacement for her Katana powers. You can opt to go standard Ninja with the metal blade, or 'new age' Psylocke and use the Psi Katana instead. (This will not change her damage typing so your current itemization will not be affected).

That new mechanic does sound pretty cool but in a way I hope that I can still use it in a way similar to now because doing rotations between psi constructs and assassin skills allow a basicless build. I honestly think she has good enough survivability as is, since she really doesn't get one shotted in raids unless it is surtur's ohko or another mechanic. For cosmic terminals I think the people who think she dies fast don't know how to use her decoy or stealth properly because it is a really huge part of her gameplan and makes her survive by not getting hit in the first place. In general I think characters who can stealth or drop aggro could skimp out on direct toughness to run things like cosmic terminal. Heck, a character like Rocket Raccoon can do all the endgame stuff without taking a hit because of it and the aggro for his pets.

Yep, I'm holding off on playing characters like Psylocke and Ghost Rider until those changes pop in. Same reason I still haven't touched Cyclops, Cable, or Deadpool. I want to save the leveling experience for later.

Lord Phol

Psylocke changes sound pretty interesting and I can't wait to see what they do with Ghost Rider!
The third QoL is Star-Lords Elemental Gun tree. It's a smaller QoL but something people have been asking for. I just hope it doesn't ruin my build.

Rhaknar

is there a way to speed up getting ultimate upgrade tokens or am i bound to eternity splinter drops

there are no hero drops so yes you are

although spending splinters on a 10min cooldown spell instead of actual heroes (or even team ups) sounds batshit crazy to me

Ken

although spending splinters on a 10min cooldown spell instead of actual heroes (or even team ups) sounds batshit crazy to me

i blew like 1200 splinters on upgrades just now lol.

i'm only missing 3 heroes that i have no desire to play anyways.

Dec

I will do it. 20% increased damage on Moon Knights sig would be more than enough motivation.

We're getting non-tradable versions of doop runes every day next week. Can actually make more than a couple cosmic insignias.

Edit: In the right mood I might try the raid again, I want the eyes. Only reason is hardware cursor coming soon.

Psylocke changes sound pretty interesting and I can't wait to see what they do with Ghost Rider!
The third QoL is Star-Lords Elemental Gun tree. It's a smaller QoL but something people have been asking for. I just hope it doesn't ruin my build.

I'm very interested in this as well. I'd love to give the Elemental Tree a closer look, but for now it doesn't provide any value added to my build.

Ken

I will do it. 20% increased damage on Moon Knights sig would be more than enough motivation.

We're getting non-tradable versions of doop runes every day next week. Can actually make more than a couple cosmic insignias.

Edit: In the right mood I might try the raid again, I want the eyes. Only reason is hardware cursor coming soon.

Cosmic insignias?

Vecks

That Guardians of the Galaxy team pack on steam looks pretty good.
I'm amazed they actually added a pack. It's been forever.

Dec

Cosmic insignias?

Can buy a recipe during the cosmic doop event to upgrade epic insignias to cosmic, gaining +1 to all skills on them. It requires a doop rune and they are quite expensive and rare which make the recipe worth using on only the best of insignias.

Ken

Can buy a recipe during the cosmic doop event to upgrade epic insignias to cosmic, gaining +1 to all skills on them. It requires a doop rune and they are quite expensive and rare which make the recipe worth using on only the best of insignias.

Oooh I see. Is the recipe hard to come by?

Ken

that's pretty much every week though

midtown madness seemed fine? as was the previous cosmic.

It's sad that you were right (about stuff being bugged and not working).

back at launch literally every patch had something go wrong iirc

the best one was the one where they buffed player damage but accidentally removed defense values

actually it might have been the one where they did bonus XP weekend to make up for a broken patch and the bonus XP broke giving everyone nerfed XP

Vecks

I was wondering, but can you proc the power cosmic off something like the scrolls of watoomb? I know procs can't proc other procs, but this is one of the artifacts you slot on your bar.

They said it had to be from hero powers. And since they even nerfed rogue's use of it (she can only make use of two damage types like any other hybrid, if she uses a third, it loses one of the effects), I don't think artifacts will work.

Ploid 3.0

Emma Frost melee + Idol of Khonshu + Inspire Minion = 900damage rating all the time pretty much. Also I really like her diamond damage and survival. Haste A.I.M. Incinerator is good times, now I wish he had slow aura instead of extra damage. Finding them are too much of a pain to release this one. Now to get this Power Cosmic for constant damage buff and attributes. I was just getting into Psylocke too.

Hail to the ice queen, bring on dual spec!

Ploid 3.0

o, i just bought power cosmic :x

I wish I didn't get this thing yet. You need so much for the recipe though. A lot of money, doop rune, and some other doop thing that you buy with world stones on top of it. It's darn expensive. This was the first thing I bought with the worldstones, you did good if you ask me. Farm doop runes as you work on your power cosmic legendary.

Emma Frost melee + Idol of Khonshu + Inspire Minion = 900damage rating all the time pretty much. Also I really like her diamond damage and survival. Haste A.I.M. Incinerator is good times, now I wish he had slow aura instead of extra damage. Finding them are too much of a pain to release this one. Now to get this Power Cosmic for constant damage buff and attributes. I was just getting into Psylocke too.

Hail to the ice queen, bring on dual spec!

Idol of Khonshu is pretty awesome for characters like Psylocke and MoonKnight. Ranged dots also proc the effect each it all the time. I sort of wish Captain America had one besides using shield bounce, to combo with his hits, since the bounce only works with multiple enemies around.

Top Bottom