• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

Idol of Khonshu is pretty awesome for characters like Psylocke and MoonKnight. Ranged dots also proc the effect each it all the time. I sort of wish Captain America had one besides using shield bounce, to combo with his hits, since the bounce only works with multiple enemies around.

Moon Knights Truncheon should work in the way Idol of Khonshu does. It gives a damage rating bonus to the next melee attack but doesn't give it on every bounce.

Ken

Is upgrading a purple Dr. Doom medal to cosmic a dumb idea? How does scaling even work when upgrading items; would it take high rolls and scale them up to cosmic high rolls and likewise for low ones?

Spoit

I don't think there's a medal upgrade recipe? I could really use one, I've probably spent at least 3 hours now over the past few weeks trying to farm a wizard one

But yeah, generally the extra +1 skills is more useful than a few extra % on the rolls, so unless it's a max roll purple vs a incredibly terrible cosmic, the cosmic would probably be better

Ken

I don't think there's a medal upgrade recipe? I could really use one, I've probably spent at least 3 hours now over the past few weeks trying to farm a wizard one

But yeah, generally the extra +1 skills is more useful than a few extra % on the rolls, so unless it's a max roll purple vs a incredibly terrible cosmic, the cosmic would probably be better

Oh, I thought you could put medals in it. Nevermind then!

Traded in like 30 uniques trying to get some Gibborims and got not a single one lol.

DrAg0nBoY

I don't like this event :/. Don't know why but I don't have the will to play the game at all, lol. Have probably played it too much at a time so I will take a "pause" from the game and play some Diablo 3 (lol) probably.

But I do have so many heroes I need to level up, bah.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't like this event :/. Don't know why but I don't have the will to play the game at all, lol. Have probably played it too much at a time so I will take a "pause" from the game and play some Diablo 3 (lol) probably.

But I do have so many heroes I need to level up, bah.

awful event, doesnt help that its A) bugged and B) its coming after MM which was amazing

I'm having the same feelings. Maybe I'm a burnt out, but at the same time I kinda feel like playing D3...which is really just more of the same just with a different coat of paint. Usually when I feel burnt out I just take a couple days break, maybe a week, then come back and I tend to enjoy it. And yeah, maybe its just this even makes everything seem lame after the loot explosions of MM.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm having the same feelings. Maybe I'm a burnt out, but at the same time I kinda feel like playing D3...which is really just more of the same just with a different coat of paint. Usually when I feel burnt out I just take a couple days break, maybe a week, then come back and I tend to enjoy it. And yeah, maybe its just this even makes everything seem lame after the loot explosions of MM.

or you guys are just burnt out :p I took like a 2-3 month break recently (I still kept up with all the information tho), it doesnt mean you dont like the game or anything :)

Ploid 3.0

Got my Power Cosmic legendary this morning and unlocked it's rank 2. It's so good. Shocker cosmic is a good way to farm the stones. I had 50 after I had got the legendary with 2 stones left over to getting it to level 2 (8 mil exp per boss orb collect, he dies fast). I'm getting a second one easy I think.

Shocker cosmic worldstone tips.
* Have a onscreen clock.

* 2 mins after stones drop do not kill anything, search for the small chests scattered around the map and open them. This seem to have a higher chance to spawn 2 - 4 worldstones.

*If 2 mins is almost up (a few seconds) and you already collected the loot from the fight, find a chest or a enemy.

Normally I get 4 stones per run. I don't focus on bounty chest unless I'm buying time, I usually just attack groups because they are so juicy which usually be enough fir chest after the boss adds.

Spoit

Why not just boss rush, which seems to have at least 2 a kill? And IIRC, people like TM for boss rushing because it's 1 a smaller map, and 2, he doesn't have adds unless he has an affix

Ploid 3.0

It seems like normal killing spawns 1 worldstone and less of a chance for 3 stones. Between running to the boss, killing the boss, sifting through the loot, and porting to reset the instance you will still want to check chests because 2 minutes is up fast. At one point I did just ignore everything and go to the boss but I was holding a spawn up on the way. I try to be ready to open a chest each 2 minutes, and if I'm fighting the boss when time ticked up I have the chest in the room to check.

Ken

How important is health regen or heal on hit on a costume core for Iron Man? I'm wondering if I should use a core with +81 suit power for ARE, or stick to one without suit power but has heal on hit.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How important is health regen or heal on hit on a costume core for Iron Man? I'm wondering if I should use a core with +81 suit power for ARE, or stick to one without suit power but has heal on hit.

Not very, imo. With just 1 point in the life support toggle (the health regen one) you get a decent chunk of health back per second. I can do cosmics with IM without it. Of course, HP on hit is always nice to have, but it's not mandatory in my experience.

KePoW

Banned

I'm not an IM expert, but I don't believe it's that important

Ken

Thanks guys. Slotted that core in on another IM costume just in case.

Also tried to play the reroll game. What a huge money sink; makes me wish I didn't play the blender game last night with the supergroup lol. I think I'll try rerolling affix 4 when I get some more money (and when they let you split elements in batches :x)

izlNLEkeSFxzQ.png

So I didn't know this, but apparently the ideal way to reroll your costumes is to do it with a low level core in it. Just keep rerolling at a cheaper cost until you get what you want. Then when you slap in the level 60 core, the stats will all adjust upward.

Ken

So I didn't know this, but apparently the ideal way to reroll your costumes is to do it with a low level core in it. Just keep rerolling at a cheaper cost until you get what you want. Then when you slap in the level 60 core, the stats will all adjust upward.

How do you tell what the max rolls are on a low level core? I'm looking at the compendium spreadsheet but I only see data for level 1 with no core and level 60.

I always set up my costumes without any core in them. However, I thought that rerolling costume affixes cost the same price regardless of what level the costume is at. Am I wrong?

Hereafter

I always set up my costumes without any core in them. However, I thought that rerolling costume affixes cost the same price regardless of what level the costume is at. Am I wrong?

You're right. Prices are fixed unless you have a Mr. Fantastic synergy.

However, the range is quite a bit smaller at the lower levels. This enable you to get a high roll easier.

However, the range is quite a bit smaller at the lower levels. This enable you to get a high roll easier.

Ah, so I misunderstood the process. Basically, you have a higher chance of getting the higher end numbers, but it's no cheaper. Got it. Thanks!

Blank!

This is actually an urban myth. You're basically rolling a % of the min/max roll... so if the max roll at level 1 is 100, and you roll a 98%, it will look like a 100 at level 1. When you get to 60 and the max roll is 1000, you will see 980.

But your actual chance of rolling a 98% max roll is the same regardless of when you craft it.

Rhaknar

my tier list from a few days ago was clearly grossely outdated as Im loving every hero I try lately that I hadnt touched in ages. Case in point, Squirrel Girl

Got back to her today when I blended the GLX costume (woot) and man, I love her again lol. My history with SG is famous for some of you (loved her while leveling then HATED her at 60) but the latest changes are really good for how I like to play, aka ranged summoner.

With that said, im having a couple of issues with her that maybe someone with more SG experience can help with. Basically, its a spirit issue, and a "flow" issue.

My first spec was using acorn bomb, sic em, hulkbuster, special forcers, squirrelpocalypse as a spirit dump and the 3 passives, squirrel, dodge and crit passives, because I like my defensive passives.

that was ok, the flow was fine basically acorn, special forces, hulkbuster and sic em on cooldown, with squirrelpocalypse as a spirit dump in between. Just a simple rotation, nothing special, but I was running into a lot of spirit issues from dumping squirrelpocalypse.

then I read up a bit and it seems I wasnt using the most important spell, squirrel presents, which aparently is OP? I dont like the idea of "killing" your pets in a pet build (was the same for Loki) but aparently you can get your critters back really fast with saboteurs basic (which I also wasnt using), and after testing it in a xdef, that part is true. Also I wasnt using death from the trees because I thought it was still a channeled spell, but now its just a normal aoe for 6 seconds which is much better.

so now my spec is saboteurs, presents, death from trees, squirrelapocalypse, squirrel passive, crit passive, sic em and special forces.

First of all, I had to drop the dodge passive, which I hate doing. Maybe this is a "raid" build where DPS is what matters, but I hate seeing all these people go into cosmics, rush to the boss, do some dmg, die, rush to the boss, do gm, die, etc. I like my defensive passives for a reason.

second, I hate putting points into basics. Hate it. Basics are most of the time filler spell when youre oom and nothing else. In this case I understand it since saboteurs gets the bonuses from the summon buffing gear but it still annoys me. Also dropped accorn in favor of death from the trees, but thats fine, like I said I didnt know death wasnt a channel anymore. And I dropped the signature which also annoys me , I like it :/

But here is where im running into flow issues. Granted I didnt play this spec much yet, but between sic em and presents, dropping DFTT which only lasts 6 seconds, using sabs to get my squirrels back (or squirrel friends if its off cooldown), I barely have enough time to use squirrelpocalypse at all! I have half a mind to dropping it tbh but im sure thats a bad idea. With this build Im not really having spirit issues, but thats only because like I said, I barely have time to use squirrelpocalypse and the rest doesnt really use spirit much (well sabs is a basic so it doesnt at all)

Any tips on good ol' SG or the spec?

I wouldn't drop Hulkbuster squirrels personally, though it's a one point wonder for me. In theory squirrel saboteurs is really good but it just seems so wonky to me...like I'm never sure it's actually hitting/working. The glowy squirrels just seem to meander all over the damn place.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't drop Hulkbuster squirrels personally, though it's a one point wonder for me. In theory squirrel saboteurs is really good but it just seems so wonky to me...like I'm never sure it's actually hitting/working. The glowy squirrels just seem to meander all over the damn place.

I felt the same, and I also felt like I was only using it to quickly replenish squirrels, so why am I maxing it out again? :/

Indignate

I just use squirrelpocalypse after the AOE, since both last 6 seconds.

Are you using Presents when Friends is on cooldown? I never do that, so I never have to keep Sabs constantly running to refill on Squirrels.

Rhaknar

I just use squirrelpocalypse after the AOE, since both last 6 seconds.

Are you using Presents when Friends is on cooldown? I never do that, so I never have to keep Sabs constantly running to refill on Squirrels.

im using presents on every cooldown (with full squirrels), isnt that where the biggest dps comes from?

Blank!

But here is where im running into flow issues. Granted I didnt play this spec much yet, but between sic em and presents, dropping DFTT which only lasts 6 seconds, using sabs to get my squirrels back (or squirrel friends if its off cooldown), I barely have enough time to use squirrelpocalypse at all! I have half a mind to dropping it tbh but im sure thats a bad idea. With this build Im not really having spirit issues, but thats only because like I said, I barely have time to use squirrelpocalypse and the rest doesnt really use spirit much (well sabs is a basic so it doesnt at all)

Any tips on good ol' SG or the spec?

I wouldn't drop it. The vulnerability is nice, and it's a DoT. If anything, that should be the first thing you drop in your rotation on the enemy regardless.

Other than squirrel friends, her passives really aren't worth maxing. Very little return for point investment (especially the crit rating which you should have no trouble finding in a summoner build with omega points) which frees up some points for hulkbuster/acorn artillery. I prefer artillery because it's cooldown coincides with the duration of my other 2 DoT's, so the rotation (apoc - dft - artillery) kind of plays itself.

It works for cosmic terminals but the single target isn't anything amazing for raids. You'd probably have to go melee or at least include auto-fire acorn to dish out decent ST damage.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't drop it. The vulnerability is nice, and it's a DoT. If anything, that should be the first thing you drop in your rotation on the enemy regardless.

Other than squirrel friends, her passives really aren't worth maxing. Very little return for point investment (especially the crit rating which you should have no trouble finding in a summoner build with omega points) which frees up some points for hulkbuster/acorn artillery. I prefer artillery because it's cooldown coincides with the duration of my other 2 DoT's, so the rotation (apoc - dft - artillery) kind of plays itself.

It works for cosmic terminals but the single target isn't anything amazing for raids. You'd probably have to go melee or at least include auto-fire acorn to dish out decent ST damage.

if I ever raid it will be on Reed so any other character its just for general play / cosmics / whatever

yeah I liked the cooldown on accorn coinciding with the others. also it looks awesome. im surprised you say the crit passive isnt a must, I thought all you dps nuts (no pun intended) always get all the dps passives :p

Rhaknar

Remember the Russian leaks? I miss those. Although I guess gaz themselves show stuff in advance so it makes the leaks moot

KePoW

Banned
This is the thing that keeps pushing me away from playing Doctor Strange.

agreed, I can't really play Strange until they make the UI officially support multiple hotbars at once

apparently there's some hack u can do, but it looks really complicated for computer noobs and has a bunch of steps

Lord Phol

agreed, I can't really play Strange until they make the UI officially support multiple hotbars at once

apparently there's some hack u can do, but it looks really complicated for computer noobs and has a bunch of steps

It's fairly easy actually, all you need to do is locate a text-file, copy-paste the code from this thread and edit it to your needs. Honestly I couldn't play any of my heroes without it.

KePoW

Banned
It's fairly easy actually, all you need to do is locate a text-file, copy-paste the code from this thread and edit it to your needs. Honestly I couldn't play any of my heroes without it.

thx for the link man but unfortunately I don't know absolutely nothin about computer files

I just run Steam and play games lol

Rhaknar

hell, it's useful to have those extra buttons just for the CC breaks and maybe 1 point in flying powers

But you don't "see" them, like for cooldowns and shit. Although for traveling spells that sounds great, I should do it just for that

Lord Phol

But you don't "see" them, like for cooldowns and shit. Although for traveling spells that sounds great, I should do it just for that

You can set up the extra keys so that when you hold them down it shows you the hotbar you assigned them to (with cds) until you release the key. Not a perfect solution but works better than the alternative.

Spoit

You can set up the extra keys so that when you hold them down it shows you the hotbar you assigned them to (with cds) until you release the key. Not a perfect solution but works better than the alternative.

and if it's on another bar, and you hold it down, it'll be showing the other bar. Which might be bad for mana draining powers, but doesn't matter much when it's on cooldown

Volimar

Thanks guys. Slotted that core in on another IM costume just in case.

Also tried to play the reroll game. What a huge money sink; makes me wish I didn't play the blender game last night with the supergroup lol. I think I'll try rerolling affix 4 when I get some more money (and when they let you split elements in batches :x)

izlNLEkeSFxzQ.png

Is critical damage the ideal affix for every hero?

Where was that one post for how to get all the bonuses from story mode?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114575065&postcount=11401

Which chapter has the holo vendor reward? I have bovine portals clogging up my STASH and I want to make some dough off clearing them.

Top Bottom