• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can someone please post the guide for the .ini edit to do custom key binds so I can try it when I get home from work and not have to dig it up? Huge thanks in advance

Also, if anyone needs cyttorak gems, xeno crystals, the dodge nut artifact (or ghetto Pym as I call it) or other non-rare stuff, for your alts or if you just started playing or something, I hoard them so feel free to ask

I also hoard lvl 50 urus if you need any, got a stash full of them

It's fairly easy actually, all you need to do is locate a text-file, copy-paste the code from this thread and edit it to your needs. Honestly I couldn't play any of my heroes without it.

Can someone please post the guide for the .ini edit to do custom key binds so I can try it when I get home from work and not have to dig it up? Huge thanks in advance

Also, if anyone needs cyttorak gems, xeno crystals, the dodge nut artifact (or ghetto Pym as I call it) or other non-rare stuff, for your alts or if you just started playing or something, I hoard them so feel free to ask

I grabbed the code from the link in the quote there.

FeD.nL

Dr. Strange really requires 2 hot-bars to be efficient with his incantations, buffs, and etc.

It's very easy. This guide will explain how to use two hot-bars by toggling a second hot-bar with the Alt key.

For example: I use the keybinds Left Click, Q, W, E, R, F, G, and Right Click. Normally, if I wanted to use more than one hot-bar, I would have to switch to another hot-bar and then back to my main hot-bar.

With this method, I will be able to hold Alt and press Left Click, Q, W, E, R, F, G, and Right Click to activate the abilities on a second hot-bar. When I release Alt, my active hot-bar will automatically return to the main hot-bar that I originally had activated. Neat?

How do?

1) Open up Windows Explorer and navigate to the hard drive where you've installed Windows.

2) Find the folder called Users (Also called Documents and Settings in older versions of Windows.)

3) Open the Users folder and find the folder with your Username on it.

4) Open the folder with your Username on it and find the My Documents folder.

5) Open the My Documents folder and find the My Games folder.

6) Open the My Games folder and find the Marvel Heroes Game folder.

7) Open the Marvel Heroes Game folder and find the MarvelGame folder.

8) Open the MarvelGame folder and find Config folder.

9) Open the Config folder and find the file MarvelInputUserSettings.ini

10) Right click the file MarvelInputUserSettings.ini then hover over the option for Open With

11) Click on the Open With option for WordPad (If that option does not appear, choose the option for Choose Default Program... and then choose WordPad.)

12) In WordPad, scroll all of the way to the bottom of the text that appears.

13) Copy the following two lines of text and paste them in to the empty area at the bottom of the page:

-Bindings=(Name="LeftAlt",Command="SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 1 | OnRelease SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 0")
.Bindings=(Name="LeftAlt",Command="SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 1 | OnRelease SetCurrentAvatarAbilitySet 0")

You must place both of these lines of text on a separate empty line at the bottom of the MarvelInputUserSettings.ini

14) Save your changes to the MarvelInputUserSettings.ini file.

15) Close WordPad

16) Launch Marvel Heroes and test it out. If you've done it right, when you hold Alt, you should see your hot-bar change to hot-bar 2 and when you release alt, you should see it change back to hot-bar 1.

That is all how do. Enjoy.

Change the LeftAlt part to whichever key you like.

Edit: i'm slow early in the morning

KePoW

Banned

have u bought tonz o stash tabs??

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have u bought tonz o stash tabs??

I have...6 stash tabs i believe, and 3 crafting tabs

and a bunch of hero tabs from the advance pack, where you can put urus or any-hero uniques and shit

edit: thank you Fed and Wozzle, going to try it now.

When I get home tonight I'll be starting up a new hero. Still undecided. Unplayed I have the following:

Captain America
Daredevil
Doctor Strange
Thing
Hulk
Star-Lord
Taskmaster
Squirrel Girl
Black Widow
Storm
Cyclops

Extremely fun (imo): Strange, Star-Lord, Daredevil, Cap, Tasky
Pretty fun: Squirrel Girl, Storm, Thing (yes)
Uninteresting to me: Hulk, Cyclops, Widow

Granted I haven't touched Widow since her review, though, so that might've changed things.

Dec

You definitely don't need those upgrades for any reason. They're really there for people who will do red level raids when those come out. There's no reason for them otherwise and that's whey they're tied so closely to raid currency in the first place.

This reasoning makes little sense to me. People min-maxed their characters before raiding and they do it after and it's because this is Marvel Heroes, you want to be as powerful as you can and blow shit up.

It's not about your gear being "good enough" for farming cosmic Kurse, it's about doing it easily and quickly. Anything that makes it faster, I want. If I have to do raids to get it, so be it but raids for me, and for a lot of people are a means to an end, not the end.

Volimar

This reasoning makes little sense to me. People min-maxed their characters before raiding and they do it after and it's because this is Marvel Heroes, you want to be as powerful as you can and blow shit up.

It's not about your gear being "good enough" for farming cosmic Kurse, it's about doing it easily and quickly. Anything that makes it faster, I want. If I have to do raids to get it, so be it but raids for me, and for a lot of people are a means to an end, not the end.

You already farm Kurse lightning fast. I had a hard time keeping up yesterday.

Dec

You already farm Kurse lightning fast. I had a hard time keeping up yesterday.

Yea idk if I'm alone in that min-maxing thing. I've spent disgusting amounts of blessings on my Moon Knight.

Several dozen. But man is it fun to explode things.

Mupod

Oh man I just saw they got Troy Baker back for Richard Rider (he did the UMVC3 voice). Wasn't expecting that, assumed he would be too busy nowadays.

Good to hear Rich gets his own beam colour too. Currently not playing the game actively but if he goes in before the October shitstorm of TEW, bayo2 and civ beyond earth starts I'll play for a week or so.

Yea idk if I'm alone in that min-maxing thing. I've spent disgusting amounts of blessings on my Moon Knight.

At some point you reach diminishing returns when trying to speed run cosmics. Want and need definitely come into play here. There's nothing wing with min maxing for other modes but the content is so easy you definitely don't need to. I assume that for red raids to be run successfully the want/need gap for certain kinds of gear will diminish even more. Already, survivability gear isn't ideal in raids.

Lord Phol

Oh man I just saw they got Troy Baker back for Richard Rider (he did the UMVC3 voice). Wasn't expecting that, assumed he would be too busy nowadays.

Good to hear Rich gets his own beam colour too. Currently not playing the game actively but if he goes in before the October shitstorm of TEW, bayo2 and civ beyond earth starts I'll play for a week or so.

Man October is going to be crazy for me as well. Dragon Age, Middle-Earth Shadows of Mordor, TEW (if I dare play it) Richard!!

I HAVE A WORKING PC AGAIN!!!

So, I haven't logged into marvel heroes since late July. What have I missed?

The Guardians of the Galaxy event, Star-Lord playable, Drax and Gamora team-ups, Rocket review, the first Cosmic Chaos event, A.R.M.O.R. Incursion event, Operation Omega event, Midtown Madness, and the second Cosmic Chaos event that's going on now (and bugged). Jean Grey 52 review and Rogue playable release are imminent.

Oh, and the Green Raid is pretty stable now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Weird question, but anyone in here gonna play Destiny on PS4? Just got one and I'm a bit of a lurker, but I know all of you and you're all cool (especially Kepow) so yeah. Hit me up.

Dec

At some point you reach diminishing returns when trying to speed run cosmics. Want and need definitely come into play here. There's nothing wing with min maxing for other modes but the content is so easy you definitely don't need to. I assume that for red raids to be run successfully the want/need gap for certain kinds of gear will diminish even more. Already, survivability gear isn't ideal in raids.

Eh, was just pointing out the no reason to get the ilvl increase recipes if not for red raids.

Disagree about diminishing returns speed running cosmics. Until I can kill every boss in 1 sig, in which case I literally can't kill them any faster, better stats will always be useful. That is straight up impossible for Kurse.

LuuKyK

Man October is going to be crazy for me as well. Dragon Age, Middle-Earth Shadows of Mordor, TEW (if I dare play it) Richard!!

I am so ready for Dragon Age.

Weird question, but anyone in here gonna play Destiny on PS4? Just got one and I'm a bit of a lurker, but I know all of you and you're all cool (especially Kepow) so yeah. Hit me up.

I will only have my PS4 copy this weekend I think, but I will be there, yeah.

Having inspected your character, I can confirm. You are probably one of the top 10 geared Moon Knights in the game.

Forgot to say thanks to Mupod, Ken, and Red Arremer for the replies about my heroes. I had Squirrel Girl up when I played last night so I got her to level 10 and she seems fun, though at the early stages very simple. Just putting all my points into squirrel abilities and ignoring her melee stuff.

I'll give Doctor Strange a shot soon. I looked at him the other night when I got him and skimmed his abilities. Seems like something I might want to read up on ahead of time because I have a feeling I'll build him terribly.

Storm will also be one of the next characters I'll level as I've been curious about her.

Lastly, saw that 10% experience synergy boost from Cyclops so a little tempted to plow through him until at least level 50 to get that bonus. I know he has a review coming up so a little undecided on that part of things. We'll see.

KePoW

Banned

I think what Affeinvasion and others are saying, is that plenty of gamers do not min-max. In fact, don't you think the majority of the gaming population are not hardcore min-maxers?

From how I've seen you play and chat in MH, it seems you are definitely in the top percentile of liking to min-max. But I'm sure you can understand most people are not like that.

Most of people here know I play tons of hours. But I absolutely detest farming and have zero interest in doing it. So most of my gear is nothing great. (I also hate trading and auction housing)

But I love raiding, but not because of the loot... I like big group raids and big bosses in all MMOs. I like being required to play with other people in big encounters.

You seem like the opposite, you love farming but hate raiding.

But I'm sure you don't expect every gamer to care about hardcore efficiency and min-maxing. Just like I don't expect everyone to play 1500 hours like me with every character at 60 and a 60 cosmic prestige. Neither one of us is normal, lol

KePoW

Banned
I HAVE A WORKING PC AGAIN!!!

So, I haven't logged into marvel heroes since late July. What have I missed?

Hi keebler, where you been??

Is that Mordor game supposed to be super good?

Hey dutch buddie! But dang, why didn't you get it for the 360??? Everyone here have a 360?

Rhaknar

are you really asking why he got the PS4 version of Destiny over the 360 version?

like, really Kepow?

Mupod

Forgot to say thanks to Mupod, Ken, and Red Arremer for the replies about my heroes. I had Squirrel Girl up when I played last night so I got her to level 10 and she seems fun, though at the early stages very simple. Just putting all my points into squirrel abilities and ignoring her melee stuff.

I'll give Doctor Strange a shot soon. I looked at him the other night when I got him and skimmed his abilities. Seems like something I might want to read up on ahead of time because I have a feeling I'll build him terribly.

Storm will also be one of the next characters I'll level as I've been curious about her.

Lastly, saw that 10% experience synergy boost from Cyclops so a little tempted to plow through him until at least level 50 to get that bonus. I know he has a review coming up so a little undecided on that part of things. We'll see.

Cyclops is actually very easy to level if you stick to the holo-sim. I had more trouble with characters who are technically 'better'. But that 10% helps a lot. His review does sound very interesting though, he's probably going to jump up in power more than anybody else did after their review.

As for Strange, I go all-in on his unique mechanic and Winds of Watoomb. A variation on this build works well for me, I never run out of spirit and it's extremely survivable even with no defensive gear at all. But it has a learning curve and was quite jarring going to such an involved character after playing Taskmaster.

After a while though, it's just mashing buttons with style. Hit all your cooldowns until you can cast Winds for free, do so, repeat. Keep defensive stuff up, especially images of ikonn. Images make it so that you can take a 'raiding' build with no passive defenses, and no +hp gear or artifacts, and still survive in cosmic terminals. It's kind of unfair, really. Other characters need to compromise.

I forget what I did to level him but he did kinda suck early on. More than any other character he gets better and better the more abilities he has.

edit: also, if you haven't already done so, you will need to edit the ini files for more keybinds. I can't imagine playing Strange in particular without doing this, but needing a lot of keybind space seems to be something they're doing a lot with characters lately.

KePoW

Banned
are you really asking why he got the PS4 version of Destiny over the 360 version?

like, really Kepow?

Well I don't have a PS4 myself yet, so I'm hoping a lot of yall have 360s

Yeah it actually looks genuienly awesome! The previews have been positive as well, guessing it will be a sleeper hit though.

Hmm interesting, if it turns out to be a polished game then I'll watch for it. I don't care about innovation or new ideas, I just want polished AAA games. Let me know!

Drayco21

All of my money keeps going into Marvel, so I can't pick Destiny up until later this year, but I have a PS4 and will play it there when I get it. Drayco90 is my PSN, would love to add some more GAF people to play games with.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well I don't have a PS4 myself yet, so I'm hoping a lot of yall have 360s

Hmm interesting, if it turns out to be a polished game then I'll watch for it. I don't care about innovation or new ideas, I just want polished AAA games. Let me know!

I have a 360, but I don't have Gold anymore, since I mostly play games on my PC now. I've also heard bad things about Destiny, which is pretty disappointing, so I probably won't get it (unless it comes to PC and is really cheap).

KePoW

Banned
I have a 360, but I don't have Gold anymore, since I mostly play games on my PC now. I've also heard bad things about Destiny, which is pretty disappointing, so I probably won't get it (unless it comes to PC and is really cheap).

Ah okay, I hadn't heard that. I never played the beta and don't follow the huge Destiny threads on GAF.

That sux, now I won't get it. Thanks for the details

Dec

I think what Affeinvasion and others are saying, is that plenty of gamers do not min-max. In fact, don't you think the majority of the gaming population are not hardcore min-maxers?

From how I've seen you play and chat in MH, it seems you are definitely in the top percentile of liking to min-max. But I'm sure you can understand most people are not like that.

Most of people here know I play tons of hours. But I absolutely detest farming and have zero interest in doing it. So most of my gear is nothing great. (I also hate trading and auction housing)

But I love raiding, but not because of the loot... I like big group raids and big bosses in all MMOs. I like being required to play with other people in big encounters.

You seem like the opposite, you love farming but hate raiding.

But I'm sure you don't expect every gamer to care about hardcore efficiency and min-maxing. Just like I don't expect everyone to play 1500 hours like me with every character at 60 and a 60 cosmic prestige. Neither one of us is normal, lol

I kind of thought most people that played arpgs min-maxed. Pop over in the D3 thread and people are farming for 3 weeks to get minor gear improvements. Min-maxing is pretty standard in these types of games.

Also I'm going to raid when hardware cursor is supported. I'd enjoy some voice chat though, I don't care if it isn't required, I prefer it.

You don't need to min max at all in this game, even if you don't make an optimal build, the game is very easy. Only when you reach lvl 60 and gonna do raids do you even have to sorta care about build and gear min maxing

Dec

You don't need to min max at all in this game, even if you don't make an optimal build, the game is very easy. Only when you reach lvl 60 and gonna do raids do you even have to sorta care about build and gear min maxing

Doesn't change the fact that it's fun.

Volimar

Doesn't change the fact that it's fun.

image.php

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have destiny on PS4, marvelbuds. Will be playing as soon as I get home from work!

Rhaknar

yo...

Strange is amazing with the .ini edit. That shit is legit

KePoW

Banned
I kind of thought most people that played arpgs min-maxed. Pop over in the D3 thread and people are farming for 3 weeks to get minor gear improvements. Min-maxing is pretty standard in these types of games.

Also I'm going to raid when hardware cursor is supported. I'd enjoy some voice chat though, I don't care if it isn't required, I prefer it.

But anyone who posts on the D3 thread on NeoGAF is already by definition much more hardcore than the average game buyer. D3 has sold 12+ million copies or something... the majority probably haven't even finished the game more than once.

Any GAF poster is already totally abnormal haha.

I definitely like voice chat too, and I own a private 10-person Ventrilo server. GAF guildies can use it anytime. Not everyone has to talk, but it helps to just listen during raids.

Blank!

I guess it depends on what your definition of min/maxing is. I look for upgrades and such, but that cosmic ring you posted? Yeah, there's no way I'd actually use it. I'd trade it for whatever ridiculous offer you got and buy 20 cosmic rings that were exactly the same but with just slightly lower values (800 HP instead of 900, 400 crit damage instead of 500, etc) to equip to all my characters.

Ploid 3.0

Troy Baker's Nova in Marvel Heroes might make me use the sound more often now. I have no idea how Psylocke sound, or what Dr Strange says.

They also have to get the script right for Nova for Troy to play off it well. I hope it's similar to UMVC3 or better. It might not work totally for Marvel Heroes since he's talking noise (Like that, Like that? Human Rocket) during combos.

Top Bottom