• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait I might have prematurely shot my load, there's no official word on when it his. People are just assuming it's tomorrow. Although it is weird the 25% sale ends tomorrow, you would think it was ending because there would be something new in the patch

Edit: Old Lace (the tiny raptor pet) is 375 splinters on the TC

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Raid in 30 minutes if you'd like to come!

Blank you seem to know shit, has there been any word if the stash pets work for the Cybernetiks system? They go on the pet tab afterall. Has this been discussed at all or did someone check on TC?

Blank!

Blank you seem to know shit, has there been any word if the stash pets work for the Cybernetiks system? They go on the pet tab afterall. Has this been discussed at all or did someone check on TC?

Thought I saw someone ask and yes. Anything equipped in that slot works

I finally purchased the Power Cosmic tonight. I had previously spent stones on the Doop summoner runeword and a Doop portal, so I wasn't sure I'd have enough to reach it. Leveling Psylocke from 1-60 then running non-stop cosmic portals and MM certainly helped.

The legendary seems like a clear best in slot for most hybrid characters (including Psylocke) so I'm glad they've added it into the mix. I swapped Power Cosmic in for her Excal, which means I can slap a new legendary on another character. I'm slowly but steadily gearing up all my favorites, and now have four that are either raiding or geared to jump in and do well.

I'm highly unlikely to ever play Rogue even though I have her in that villains pack, but it's always good to keep my options open.

she hulk. She's incredibly bad

1XtBxFg.jpg

Fixed that for you. She Hulk is the worst.

Rhaknar

since TragicComedy doesnt care about Rogue he can be our toy when it comes to trying out different hero powers

well I have every hero, so if anyone needs a specific one and Im online feel free to ask

I dont know what the powers are so im just gonna wing it and try random ones

hamchan

We have repackaged all of our audio files into smaller "chunks". The end result of this is that future patches will be smaller for the life of the game since you will not have to download giant audio packages for small changes (which often cause our patch sizes to be bigger than they should be).

So happy about this.

I noticed that immediately. Wake up, noobs.

On another note, I think I'm gonna have to buy Rogue with real money. I just can't save up 600 splinters. It would take like 75 hours or something insane, which for me is almost 2 months. Man do I regret buying the last 2 random hero boxes :( Dupe city :(

why didnt you save gs for her?

Rhaknar

I noticed that immediately. Wake up, noobs.

On another note, I think I'm gonna have to buy Rogue with real money. I just can't save up 600 splinters. It would take like 75 hours or something insane, which for me is almost 2 months. Man do I regret buying the last 2 random hero boxes :( Dupe city :(

L2advancepack

Seriously, the current run of Pulido on She Hulk is laughably bad.

Then again, this is She Hulk we're talking about, and it's not like anyone reads it to notice. Hot garbage.
BcK8usY.png

86ykPJz.gif

Also, yes, Rogue is terrible. She's one of the least developed characters in X-Men history, other than to have her stand in the exact same pose and kiss various dudes.

Hey, guys, check out her sweet streaks of gray hair. Check out her amazing skill set where she can DRAIN THE POWERS OF OTHER HEROES. Too bad she can't drain their personalities...

It's crazy that people are so excited about her, but it takes all kinds to make the world go around. The fact that she will likely be the most overpowered character in a game that includes Doctor Strange, Phoenix, and Silver Surfer is hilarious. But she can steal their powers, bro!

Rhaknar

Seems there's another TC build tomorrow so the patch is probably back to Friday as usual, unless they do TC and patch later in the day

Haha, I just watched all the Rogue stuff that was linked earlier for the first time. She is going to be the single most overpowered character in the history of ARPGs.

Rhaknar

That's the guy that drew that weird ass X book many years ago right? Where Doop was introduced

Pulido's faces always remind me of those "learn to draw" books where you draw a few circles and lines and you've got your introductory face.

Rhaknar

I hate Quietly's art, that's about the time I stopped buying / reading comics, when was the New X-Men run, like 10 years ago?

Then again a lot if my favorite artists are hated so /shrug

I like the more cartoony / anime style guys like Joe Mad (still my favorite X-Men artist) or...err I forget his name, he does a lot of the loading screens, something Campbell?)

edit: J.Scott Campbell is who i was thinking but its not him, I didnt even know he did x-men stuff. I do like him tho.

who does the Emma / Cable load screen, or the Jean / Storm / Scarlet Witch load screen.

Rhaknar

Reading more on the Cybernetiks system and it sounds disappointing. Seems you NEED to feed it specific rarities for different bonuses (and uniques is one of them), I thought it just ate the items and leveled, I didn't know I had to give it different rarities (for example, I thought uniques would level it faster but I wouldn't have to do it)

Also the stats you get are random so if you get a bad roll, you need to reroll. And rerolling at 8 uniques a pop... Yeah...

I'm sure it's fine for raiders with a million uniques, or people with only a few characters, but once again (it's a recurring theme) I'm baffled at how many anti-alts decisions they make in a game where there is at least one new character/class a month!

Figured I should try a Cosmic Box thing since this is my first time doing this event. Ended up spending $20 for the five pack. Aside from a load of different boosts (three Eternity Splinter boosts, yay!) the main highlights(?):

Human Torch (woo!)
Thor (eh? No idea what people think of him)
Punisher (...)
Storm Marvel Now Costume (looks decent)
Cable Original Costume (ridiculous)

So not a bad box. Punisher I wasn't interested in but a new hero is always better than a dupe. I've been lucky so far and haven't had any dupes. Thor could be good? I think he hasn't had his review yet so I'll likely wait to do anything at all with him. Human Torch looks really neat and flashy.

KePoW

Banned
I like the more cartoony / anime style guys like Joe Mad (still my favorite X-Men artist) or...err I forget his name, he does a lot of the loading screens, something Campbell?)

edit: J.Scott Campbell is who i was thinking but its not him, I didnt even know he did x-men stuff. I do like him tho.

I like Joe Mad and J Scott Campbell a lot

Top Bottom