• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Drayco21

He doesn't say IMPACT PALM so you don't need sound on for the full effect.

The Mahvel 3 era of voice actors for Marvel stuff has spoiled several of the characters voices in the roster for me. Strange was disappointing, but Josh Keaton needs to do a Spider-Man enhanced.

Dec

I guess it depends on what your definition of min/maxing is. I look for upgrades and such, but that cosmic ring you posted? Yeah, there's no way I'd actually use it. I'd trade it for whatever ridiculous offer you got and buy 20 cosmic rings that were exactly the same but with just slightly lower values (800 HP instead of 900, 400 crit damage instead of 500, etc) to equip to all my characters.

Almost all my items are equally rolled, things I can improve are cosmic sabretooth medal and the same core as I have now but with str on it. I have everything else with like 95% of max rolls. He crazy fun to play and getting there has been fun.

Always viewed in game currency as worthless. If my favorite hero is MK I'll spend a lot of currency making him more fun. Also give things away free or extremely undervalued to gaffers because who cares.

Edit: I've been very lucky and probably have like 110-120 blessings total worth. Not breaking my bank to gear MK like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I totally missed them talking about the Cyclops review, it seems his tactics tree will involve the other 4 original xmen, but they are not summons or pets, they just drop by for the spell and leave. It's just a visual thing, but it's a awesome idea

Mupod

Troy Baker's Nova in Marvel Heroes might make me use the sound more often now. I have no idea how Psylocke sound, or what Dr Strange says.

They also have to get the script right for Nova for Troy to play off it well. I hope it's similar to UMVC3 or better. It might not work totally for Marvel Heroes since he's talking noise (Like that, Like that? Human Rocket) during combos.

They also said that he'd include Worldmind lines too, which is something VERY important IMO. I'm really looking forward to playing him.

Meanwhile I don't think ANYBODY cares about Sam nova, heh. His series isn't even that bad, but it makes no sense for him to be the base. They even seem to be designing the powers around Rich. I'll at least try Sam out to see if he has some special lines with Beta Ray Bill, who was the best part of his series by far.

Drayco21

They also said that he'd include Worldmind lines too, which is something VERY important IMO. I'm really looking forward to playing him.

Meanwhile I don't think ANYBODY cares about Sam nova, heh. His series isn't even that bad, but it makes no sense for him to be the base. They even seem to be designing the powers around Rich. I'll at least try Sam out to see if he has some special lines with Beta Ray Bill, who was the best part of his series by far.

Well, now that Loeb's gone, anyway. I appreciate that Sam is effectively just a costume and Rich is the Nova the powers are actually built around, but I'll give Sam a little play time too. I hope he mentions his crossover with Superior Spider-Man, or bugs Spider-Man about what a dick his brother is to him.

Carm

So, finally all characters to 60, except for Thing at 39 because of playing with friends. Time to start leveling legendaries and hope some artifacts drop. I have 5 stash pages full of artifacts( yes I have to do some clearing), in those stashes, not a single raptor stone, need 2) and only one lower level version of the latveria artifact.

Now, I'm assuming the Raptor Stone is just random everywhere. With the low level Latveria one I can sorta, increase my chances of getting it, unless I'm thinking wrong. The low level one is level 27, so if I go to story mode for the level range of 26-28, that would eliminate the chance of a lot more artifacts would it not?

Edit: Well, thinking about it more I guess I can do the same for the raptor stone in story mode to eliminate some artifacts from even having a chance to drop, if that works. Though, that artifact is level 48 so more in the pool right off the bat.

Drayco21

I thought he meant from Marvel :(

We will never be free. He's not writing any more because they gave him a promotion.

If you are talking about the return of Richard that's Brian "fuck continuity" Bendis writing it (I'm still curious about the outcome though).

The outcome isn't done yet, even though the event it's supposed to tie in to is because Bendis is a hack.
In the one issue that's out, he had Gamora confused about how Drax died despite standing right next to him when it happened, retconned it so that the Cancerverse wasn't actively collapsing in on itself when they sealed themselves in. Thanos takes the Cosmic Cube from Star-Lord and uses it to presumably send them all back except for Rich. Even though the cube didn't actually have enough energy left to do anything of the sort.

Next issue: Peter Quill sells Rich's soul to Mephisto to get a movie deal, I guess.

Lord Phol

The outcome isn't done yet, even though the event it's supposed to tie in to is because Bendis is a hack.
In the one issue that's out, he had Gamora confused about how Drax died despite standing right next to him when it happened, retconned it so that the Cancerverse wasn't actively collapsing in on itself when they sealed themselves in. Thanos takes the Cosmic Cube from Star-Lord and uses it to presumably send them all back except for Rich. Even though the cube didn't actually have enough energy left to do anything of the sort.

Next issue: Peter Quill sells Rich's soul to Mephisto to get a movie deal, I guess.

Yeah that issue had plenty of faults, and while it's good to see Richard "Ryder" back in action I'm not sure this is how his return should be handled. D&As run had a pretty good ending and it would be wrong to have it tainted.

Spoit

We will never be free. He's not writing any more because they gave him a promotion.

Yeah, he's in charge of their TV now :(

Blank!

So, finally all characters to 60, except for Thing at 39 because of playing with friends. Time to start leveling legendaries and hope some artifacts drop. I have 5 stash pages full of artifacts( yes I have to do some clearing), in those stashes, not a single raptor stone, need 2) and only one lower level version of the latveria artifact.

Now, I'm assuming the Raptor Stone is just random everywhere. With the low level Latveria one I can sorta, increase my chances of getting it, unless I'm thinking wrong. The low level one is level 27, so if I go to story mode for the level range of 26-28, that would eliminate the chance of a lot more artifacts would it not?

Edit: Well, thinking about it more I guess I can do the same for the raptor stone in story mode to eliminate some artifacts from even having a chance to drop, if that works. Though, that artifact is level 48 so more in the pool right off the bat.

I could just give you 2 raptor stones and a regular lat. None of them are particularly well rolled but free is free :) Message me in game some time.

Also, it's Wednesday, didn't see a raiding poll. I'll run something provided there are at least 5 people online that want to raid at 8 - 8:30 EST time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if those times were on a weekend i could join, not during the week tho. oh well

You played the game for NOTHING! MWAHAHAHAHA!

We'll be getting some for free, so...

Naaa. I'm not even mad. I play because I enjoy playing. I wouldn't have played so hard and narrow if I knew I wouldn't get a Doop stone but since we are getting ones free, I'm cool with it. Plus I learned that even if it was dropping, maybe it wasn't worth it if farming ruins the game for me.

inky

They really need to take a step back with the rushed events and shit. Just slow it down for a month or so, have something running during that time if you will, but just polish the stuff that's there. The game needs it more than it needs weekly events.

I'm in for tonight's raid as well. 8:30 EDT sounds about right. My buddy GeneralBorn will likely be in as well.

Now to keep hunting the Arnim Zola ESP Box.....

They really need to take a step back with the rushed events and shit. Just slow it down for a month or so, have something running during that time if you will, but just polish the stuff that's there. The game needs it more than it needs weekly events.

I'd rather less events, and more actual new content

KePoW

Banned

agree

gazele

Banned

Definitely, get a solid build of the game and keep it consistent for a few weeks so they can catch up

I'm up for raiding tonight, but it will be in a larger group as usual. Probably 1030 Eastern Time, since I'm two hours behind.

If anyone can't make the earlier time or wants to bring in an alt, that is great. I usually PUG in 4-5 people.

Drayco21

I'm up for raiding tonight, but it will be in a larger group as usual. Probably 1030 Eastern Time, since I'm two hours behind.

If anyone can't make the earlier time or wants to bring in an alt, that is great. I usually PUG in 4-5 people.

I haven't raided yet and I'm not sure if I'm equipped to pull my own weight, but I'd be willing to give it a shot, assuming I get this paper done before 10:30.

My PC overheated and crashed. It's doing this because there's probably a ton of dust inside. It did this once before a couple years ago. I had to vacuum the dust out, it was crazy. Just don't feel like doing it so I've left it as is and it crashes, especially when playing MH. This game really eats your shit.

Hope you guys got good loot from the doop general.

Rhaknar

My PC overheated and crashed. It's doing this because there's probably a ton of dust inside. It did this once before a couple years ago. I had to vacuum the dust out, it was crazy. Just don't feel like doing it so I've left it as is and it crashes, especially when playing MH. This game really eats your shit.

Hope you guys got good loot from the doop general.

didnt kill him we got booted off when you crashed

The Odin's Bounty event sounds like it'll be really good:

We've taken the standard loot explosions from the loot rotation and put them into this chest called the Odin's Bounty Chest instead! This greatly reduces loot-based performance issues, and also gives you the freedom to sort through it all at your leisure, play on one hero and use the chests on another, etc. These chests have high chances for runes, Odin Marks, and other goodies.

Green Bosses currently give 1, Reds give 2, Cosmics give 2 and their chests give 1, and Midtown Bosses give 1. X-Defense and Holo-Sim End Chests give an escalating amount.

Additionally, we've added a special and rare bonus table to all of the bosses and the X-Defense/Holo-Sim End Chests. Having the Odin's Bounty Boost active increases your chances of rolling it.
Agreed! Our answer to this was to have these chests have a chance to drop the Mysterious Crimson Box. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this Box contains boss specific Artifacts.

Carm

I could just give you 2 raptor stones and a regular lat. None of them are particularly well rolled but free is free :) Message me in game some time.

Also, it's Wednesday, didn't see a raiding poll. I'll run something provided there are at least 5 people online that want to raid at 8 - 8:30 EST time.

Thanks, will catch you when I can in game.

The Odin's Bounty event sounds like it'll be really good:

Be pretty nice if they also contained XP like the MM event gave an overabundance. It allowed me to level Hawkeye quite quickly and it could help me level another hero or two. Might be the right time to plow Cyclops to level 50.

Indignate

Be pretty nice if they also contained XP like the MM event gave an overabundance. It allowed me to level Hawkeye quite quickly and it could help me level another hero or two. Might be the right time to plow Cyclops to level 50.

I wouldn't like that.

It'll give me an excuse to save all my chest for someone like Thing and just level him that way without having to play him.

We all have to play Thing eventually.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't like that.

It'll give me an excuse to save all my chest for someone like Thing and just level him that way without having to play him.

I did up to 31 :p

I wouldn't like that.

Fair point since the chest can be opened by everyone.

I have an untouched Thing. Don't imagine I'll touch him until his review as I hear such wonderful things about him as he is now.

Rhaknar

Fair point since the chest can be opened by everyone.

I have an untouched Thing. Don't imagine I'll touch him until his review as I hear such wonderful things about him as he is now.

hes not as bad as Punisher at least :p

I haven't raided yet and I'm not sure if I'm equipped to pull my own weight, but I'd be willing to give it a shot, assuming I get this paper done before 10:30.

Sweet!

Yes, the goal is to do a later raid tonight, probably around 1030-1100 PM Eastern Standard Time. I'm two hours behind that time zone, so the current "main" raid group is typically going on while I'm having dinner or giving my son a bath.

There's really no specific gear requirement, in my opinion. Obviously, the better your setup the easier the run becomes, but we've cleared with some very undergeared players. The raid isn't all that hard, and most of us have 2-3 characters who are well-equipped to clear the green tier.

---

Also, that Odin thing does sound nice.

Rhaknar

Oh shit the patch is tomorrow?? I thought it was Friday like usual. Glad I did the final push for Power Cosmic earlier then

Top Bottom