• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Drayco21

Figured I should try a Cosmic Box thing since this is my first time doing this event. Ended up spending $20 for the five pack. Aside from a load of different boosts (three Eternity Splinter boosts, yay!) the main highlights(?):

Human Torch (woo!)
Thor (eh? No idea what people think of him)
Punisher (...)
Storm Marvel Now Costume (looks decent)
Cable Original Costume (ridiculous)

So not a bad box. Punisher I wasn't interested in but a new hero is always better than a dupe. I've been lucky so far and haven't had any dupes. Thor could be good? I think he hasn't had his review yet so I'll likely wait to do anything at all with him. Human Torch looks really neat and flashy.

Thor is mostly just boring and in need of his review pretty badly. He's not too far off from getting it iirc, though, so he should be awesome in a couple of months.

KePoW

Banned
Figured I should try a Cosmic Box thing since this is my first time doing this event. Ended up spending $20 for the five pack. Aside from a load of different boosts (three Eternity Splinter boosts, yay!) the main highlights(?):

Human Torch (woo!)
Thor (eh? No idea what people think of him)
Punisher (...)
Storm Marvel Now Costume (looks decent)
Cable Original Costume (ridiculous)

So not a bad box. Punisher I wasn't interested in but a new hero is always better than a dupe. I've been lucky so far and haven't had any dupes. Thor could be good? I think he hasn't had his review yet so I'll likely wait to do anything at all with him. Human Torch looks really neat and flashy.

I played Thor at 60 recently, and I think his combat flow and skills are very fun

Blank!

I played Thor at 60 recently, and I think his combat flow and skills are very fun

He's a little uninspired with his kit. His one interesting skill (warriors madness) is unique and rewarding but difficult to maximize it's use.

Rest of kit is boring.

KePoW

Banned
This doesn't get mentioned enough, but Thor has some of the best voice work in the game.

That's really funny you say that, because I think Thor sounds like a medieval douchebag. Granted that's how he speaks in comix too, but that's why I also don't like him there lol

Ah, that's you. Thanks for raiding with us last night. Your Wolverine put in good work.

Anyone else love raiding with that Spandex guy? "wait pls I food the cat!" I kept telling him to walk the fire giants through the flames and towards the middle, but he just sat in the corner and fought them 1-on-1. I think four different giants targeted him, so I'm surprised we even beat that boss. At the halfway mark he went to the middle and just kept attacking Monolith even though he was doing basically zero damage.

You can tell everyone vastly out gears the green raid tier when we had that guy and a Cyclops and still one-shot everything. Lots of strong damage in our group last night.

KePoW

Banned
Ah, that's you. Thanks for raiding with us last night. Your Wolverine put in good work.

Anyone else love raiding with that Spandex guy? "wait pls I food the cat!" I kept telling him to walk the fire giants through the flames and towards the middle, but he just sat in the corner and fought them 1-on-1. I think four different giants targeted him, so I'm surprised we even beat that boss. At the halfway mark he went to the middle and just kept attacking Monolith even though he was doing basically zero damage.

You can tell everyone vastly out gears the green raid tier when we had that guy and a Cyclops and still one-shot everything. Lots of strong damage in our group last night.

LOL that guy ruled!

btw were you trolling him when pretending to speak spanish, or were you really communicating with him in a different language??

LOL that guy ruled!

btw were you trolling him when pretending to speak spanish, or were you really communicating with him in a different language??

Nah, bro, I was giving him instructions in Spanish. Notice how he stopped his tomfoolery after that?

----

EDIT: Subpoena updated his sustained DPS thread. Here are the latest test results, in seconds:

Silver Surfer 33 Avg.
Moonknight 37 Avg.
Mr. Fantastic 39 Avg.
Squirrel Girl 42 Avg.
Human Torch (Melee) 43 Avg.
Ironman (Melee) 43 Avg.
Dr. Strange 44 Avg.
Star-Lord 45 Avg.
Wolverine 46 Avg.
Ms. Marvel 49 Avg.
Spider-Man 50 Avg.
Luke Cage 52 Avg.
Black Widow (Bomb Build) 53 Avg.
Cable 54 Avg.
Storm 57 Avg.
Thing 57 Avg.
Taskmaster 57 Avg.
Hawkeye 58 Avg.
Psylocke (Hybrid/melee) 58 Avg.
Gambit Ranged 59 Avg.
Gambit Melee 59 Avg.
Nightcrawler 60 Avg.
Rocket Raccoon (Pet) 63 Avg.
Rocket Raccoon (Gunner) 63 Avg.
Daredevil 63 Avg.
Colossus 63 Avg.
Emma Frost 67 Avg.
Black Panther 68 Avg.
Black Widow (ranged & Melee) 73 Avg.
Ghost Rider (Mental Build) 73 Avg.
Captain America 85 Avg.
Deadpool 91 Avg.
Psylock (mental) 92 Avg.
Invisible Woman 100 Avg.
Ghostrider (whirling chains) 187 Avg.

He hasn't listed Cyclops or Jean's times because of the imminent rework and the fact that they are terrible. In bold are what surprised me, both good and bad. In conclusion, don't play a Whirling Chains build on Ghost Rider. :p

I'm surprised BP takes that long. I was always under the impression he was a hard hitter. It also reminds me that the reddit list of hero rankings looks really goofy to me. Especially since they had Psylocke like the 2nd worst hero, even though I know she has bugs and didn't get a QoL pass yet, she isn't that freaking bad, especially when characters like Scarlet Witch are listed Top 10 but takes forever to kill single targets and has an ultimate that is not too hot (sure it gets rid of trash, but it's trash, you can gib them anyways with your aoe).

I just noticed Scarlet Witch isn't in that dps list, but we already know it's pretty bad.

KePoW

Banned
I'm surprised BP takes that long. I was always under the impression he was a hard hitter. It also reminds me that the reddit list of hero rankings looks really goofy to me. Especially since they had Psylocke like the 2nd worst hero, even though I know she has bugs and didn't get a QoL pass yet, she isn't that freaking bad, especially when characters like Scarlet Witch are listed Top 10 but takes forever to kill single targets and has an ultimate that is not too hot (sure it gets rid of trash, but it's trash, you can gib them anyways with your aoe).

I just noticed Scarlet Witch isn't in that dps list, but we already know it's pretty bad.

yeah BP hits hard on single-target, so I dunno where this list is coming from

I don't trust lists like this whatsoever

uhh Human Torch *melee*??

but no Human Torch ranged?

Some itemization changes have led to a very impressive melee Human Torch build, that kills way faster than he does at range. I dunno.

Yeah, someone started testing SW and gave up. :/ Al

Well they've reviewed hundreds of characters doing hundreds of runs and given the average times. I'm not sure what else there is to say on it.

This list is from having 5 people in the SHIELD Training Room and having one person dps on the high hp dummy. I believe they said they did 3 tests for each recording. I trust their numbers, on the list Tragic posted, but I do think you're not going to stand there all the time to dps on a boss. Like against sisters even if you can easily tank the cone attack, it's a dps loss to get hit by it because it slows you. Also since there is that bomb phase, by the time she comes back down, people with burst damage on their sig will most likely be up or soon to be off cd. On Slag I could see people facetanking him and just dps like no tomorrow but in the current green raid he isn't really that hard of a boss. There is a picture of the red raid and it seemed to have lots of fire pools from the meteors on the ground. So I think we are going to have to play a game of hot lava once that hits live.

Blank!

This list is from having 5 people in the SHIELD Training Room and having one person dps on the high hp dummy. I believe they said they did 3 tests for each recording. I trust their numbers, on the list Tragic posted, but I do think you're not going to stand there all the time to dps on a boss. Like against sisters even if you can easily tank the cone attack, it's a dps loss to get hit by it because it slows you. Also since there is that bomb phase, by the time she comes back down, people with burst damage on their sig will most likely be up or soon to be off cd. On Slag I could see people facetanking him and just dps like no tomorrow but in the current green raid he isn't really that hard of a boss. There is a picture of the red raid and it seemed to have lots of fire pools from the meteors on the ground. So I think we are going to have to play a game of hot lava once that hits live.

You can CC breaker the slow from sisters and the tenacity boost it gives usually makes it wear off if re-applied before it's up again. It's still a dps loss to avoid it for most heroes since CC breakers generally don't have an animation or anything with a few exceptions.

There's a lot of variance in times because not everyone has the same level of gear, omega points, ultimate level, etc. versus people who obviously have decked out their hero. But I don't think there are many surprises as far as times posted.

There's a lot of variance in times because not everyone has the same level of gear, omega points, ultimate level, etc. versus people who obviously have decked out their hero. But I don't think there are many surprises as far as times posted.

Yes, these tests in particular don't control for omega points, but you can assume most of the people putting out crazy times have tons of them.

KePoW

Banned

Yeah exactly, if MH builds raids like WoW, every boss can be totally different. That's why I loved WoW raiding

Like you said, on the sisters that slow effect is a HUGE dps loss, even if you never die

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Excited for Jean , left her at 40 months ago but I loved her back then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as full Phoenix build??

pre review yes. in fact this was months ago before the pheonix dash nerf, and I just had fun dashing all over the place with everything exploding

i havent seen anything about her review, but I assume ill still go with a pheonix build, especially now that the costumes show

Rhaknar

There are no builds where Frank is competitive.

You have to get her to 60 first! And first you'll be dealing with a queue.

But I fully expect to be playing Rogue Heroes 2015 tomorrow.
I might even join in, but Rogue sucks.

This game has proven again and again that because a character isn't interesting in the comics doesn't mean they don't make great for fun characters in game (Reed, Sue, Squirrel Girl, Captain America are all characters I love in game and don't care about one bit in the comics)

This game has proven again and again that because a character isn't interesting in the comics doesn't mean they don't make great for fun characters in game (Reed, Sue, Squirrel Girl, Captain America are all characters I love in game and don't care about one bit in the comics)

I agree with you completely about Reed and Squirrel Girl.

I haven't tried Invisible Woman, but Captain America has been amazing in comics since Brubaker. The current Remender run is amazing.

Rogue will be an interesting character, if nothing else.

Rhaknar

I agree with you completely about Reed and Squirrel Girl.

I haven't tried Invisible Woman, but Captain America has been amazing in comics since Brubaker. The current Remender run is amazing.

Rogue will be an interesting character, if nothing else.

Hey man, everyone has their tastes. You got my point tho :p

Spoit

I'm surprised SG's time is all the way up there. She doesn't have problems sustaining, but I didn't realize she tore stuff up THAT fast.

Seriously, the current run of Pulido on She Hulk is laughably bad.

Then again, this is She Hulk we're talking about, and it's not like anyone reads it to notice. Hot garbage.

Dude, Dan Slott's run on She-Hulk in the mid 2000s was fucking amazing. I don't care what you think about the character in general, or the writer, but you can't tell me that the combination of She-Hulk and Slott was bad.

Excited for Jean , left her at 40 months ago but I loved her back then
I haven't used her this week, but she really needed more work last week. I wasn't feeling her rework at all. I hope they used the extra time and fixed her up. She lost a ton of her survivability and had a lot of spirit issues when I last played her on TC. In fact, mental Jean became more tanky than Phoenix.

Rhaknar

Also the next 2 events are hype for me. Odin to get maximum marks to continue my quest of every hero with a legendary, then armor tech event to get rocket's 4th artifact.

And if MM is back after that in 3 weeks, that's the cherry on top. Good times

Cosmic event was shit

Dude, Dan Slott's run on She-Hulk in the mid 2000s was fucking amazing. I don't care what you think about the character in general, or the writer, but you can't tell me that the combination of She-Hulk and Slott was bad.

What Slott has done with SpOck and the like has retroactively made everything he's ever worked on seem like garbage. Dude has got to go!

Top Bottom