• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Silver Surfer is great, though...and that as after Superior.

I have all the issues so far sitting in my backlog to read. I hope you're right.

You take that back! Superior was great!

Meh - that was my favourite Spider-Man storyline in years.

Gentlemen, please. Even die hard Spidey fans are tired of the Slott Shtick. That was one of the more absurd, and ultimately pointless stories ever. It's almost Clone Saga level.

KePoW

Banned
Gentlemen, please. Even die hard Spidey fans are tired of the Slott Shtick. That was one of the more absurd, and ultimately pointless stories ever. It's almost Clone Saga level.

Tra -- I'm not so sure I trust your opinion on comix anymore, when everyone seems to disagree with you lol

To others -- Does anyone know if Uncanny X-Force is truly any good? Tra has been yelling at me to read it for the past two weeks... now I'm not sure if he's trolling me or not

Ploid 3.0

i dont know if you guys saw this but its here
controller support for Marvel Heroes via a forumer
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/131071/bicas-controller-support/p1
he said hed post the PS3 one soon
soon HD Marver Heroes soon

I was just looking at that. I would try it but then I would just rather have native support. People are unable to program the profilers to change to dpad navigation to go up, down, left or right in menu selection when you open up a menu. It feels so right in FFXIV since Square know what they are doing and got controller to work with a MMO 2 times, and I preferred the controller even though I was on PC.

I'm happy it exist and stuff though.

Tra -- I'm not so sure I trust your opinion on comix anymore, when everyone seems to disagree with you lol

To others -- Does anyone know if Uncanny X-Force is truly any good? Tra has been yelling at me to read it for the past two weeks... now I'm not sure if he's trolling me or not
No tragic is right. Uncanny x force is awesome and superior spider was dumb.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uncanny X-Force, as in the Deadpool / Wolverine / Fantomex / Angel / Psylocke stuff? yes its good. so was Superior Spideman

Opinions. How do they work again?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Rhaknar

All of a sudden thinking of boosting Jean from 40 to 60 before the patch so it's 1 less I have to do and I can focus more on the event.

KePoW

Banned
Anyway, in the continuation of baffling game design choices in a game with 38 characters and new ones every month... Relics.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ll-hero-access-pictures-links-and-cake-inside

This thread has a simple and perfect solution to relics, how they haven't changed them yet is beyond me.

My opinion on relics --

They definitely need to be removed from inventory, and just stored as a number "currency".

However, I don't think you should be able to swap a full stack to different heroes at any time. It's way too easy to get stacks of 1000 and then you're done. There needs to be a noticeable cost to swap around relics.

Rhaknar

My opinion on relics --

They definitely need to be removed from inventory, and just stored as a number "currency".

However, I don't think you should be able to swap a full stack to different heroes at any time. It's way too easy to get stacks of 1000 and then you're done. There needs to be a noticeable cost to swap around relics.

I'm sorry, you said it's way too easy to get a stack of 1000?

I now have, according to steam, 910 hours in MH, and the max of any relic I have is around 400, and I pick them all up

inky

He, I was gonna say. 1200+ hours here and my highest stack is at 600.

I know there's people who got to 1k in like a month as part of the contest, but they basically stacked SIF and played 24/7

Rhaknar

I know there's people who got to 1k in like a month as part of the contest, but they basically stacked SIF and played 24/7

I was thinking while in the football thread "I miss inky" and here you are. Get out of my brain!

KePoW

Banned
I'm sorry, you said it's way too easy to get a stack of 1000?

I now have, according to steam, 910 hours in MH, and the max of any relic I have is around 400, and I pick them all up

Wow just a month?? Haha I wasn't thinking anywhere near that fast, that's krazy

But I have two types over 1000 now, and every other type is well into the 800s and 900s

Vecks

I have two stacks almost to 1000. One stack in the 700's, and a few stacks around 300-500.
Not really something I care to max out though. I've sold a bunch to npc just so I wouldn't have to unbind them.

Spoit

i dumped like 30 uniques trying to get a stack of gibborims and never got a single one :x

That's the only thing I've been spending my uniques on. I have almost 500 of the basic attack one! (and under 200 of the actually useful ones)

Indignate

BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!

Can I fuckin behold your Cuirass please?

Maybe next month.

Lol, I think my highest stack is like 350. And that's with picking them all up and occasionally trading duplicate uniques for them. :/

Also, farmed myself an ESP box to complete my collection of hoarded stuff for Rogue... but considering whether the Doop Ectoplasm is worth the worldstones. The one I have available is 18.4% boss damage and 722 Damage which seems a good roll.

Also if anyone wants crappy Taskmaster artifacts, let me know because right now they're just wasting stash space and I'm considering vendoring them.

Drayco21

Superior Spider-Man was dumb.

Word. It was a cute little gag for the first couple of issues, but between Slott's awful characterization, Ramos awful art getting phoned in even for his standards, and the story stretching long past any reasonable amount of time, Superior was basically insufferable by the end, and it doesn't help that Slott's rebooted Amazing book is garbage too. The only time Superior was good was when someone other than Slott was writing, like in Superior Team-Up and his crossovers into other books.

Rhaknar

can we at least agree that Superior Spiderman is the...im sorry...

...superior costume in the game? >_>

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Word. It was a cute little gag for the first couple of issues, but between Slott's awful characterization, Ramos awful art getting phoned in even for his standards, and the story stretching long past any reasonable amount of time, Superior was basically insufferable by the end, and it doesn't help that Slott's rebooted Amazing book is garbage too. The only time Superior was good was when someone other than Slott was writing, like in Superior Team-Up and his crossovers into other books.

I just find the dialogue and Otto/Peter whatever really hammy, and not in a funk, wink and nod way. I read about 2 or 3 issues and gave up on it because it was a dumb conceit, executed poorly, and obviously was not long for the world anyway.

GManDH

SERIOUSLY how can you ever get bored with this game?? Mr B talking bout this weeks event in his private stream, from yest, and this week sounds amazing!!!!

BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS!

Can I fuckin behold your Cuirass please?

Maybe next month.

Replace your bolded lines w/ "10 Rings to rule them all" and that was my week. No ESP box either.

Superior Spiderman was kinda neat at first but it got drawn out and just was annoying with how stupid everyone around Spidey turned into. The whole Spider Island robot mercenary army stuff was so bad.

SERIOUSLY how can you ever get bored with this game?? Mr B talking bout this weeks event in his private stream, from yest, and this week sounds amazing!!!!
It is very easy to get bored with this game. It needs a large influx of new content. Monthly characters and weekly events are all well and good, but in the end we are still playing the same content over and over again to try and get stronger / get better loot. Routine repetition breeds burnout. What I really am waiting for is more new stuff like the Zoo. Give us Endless Dungeon and more Patrols / One Shots / Story Chapters and more people will return to the game.

I could never focus on continuously playing a single game of this nature for long periods of time without breaks. Since my free time is scarce, I need more variety in how I allocate it. I took a break the past 2 weeks to do other stuff and am only coming back for the next event because I have yet to gear someone up for end game, and this looks like the perfect chance to do so with the least amount of grind.

We'll see how good these Odin's Gift things are. I'll at least log in for the Doop Runes and it will be awesome to have that currency tab. Nice that they added it early.

We'll see how good these Odin's Gift things are. I'll at least log in for the Doop Runes and it will be awesome to have that currency tab. Nice that they added it early.
Currency tab and pet tech will be a huge QoL improvement for the game. Something similar for relics and runes would be great too.

Yeah, I often have phases where Marvel Heroes is the only thing I play in an entire week, and then I don't even log on in a week because I just can't look at it. I can only play it in spurts, else I get burned out lol.

Rhaknar

Star-Lord’s Close Quarters should no longer occasionally reset to maximum cooldown after being activated rapidly.

megaton

Ohh. Lots of exciting changes.
First off, She Hulk looks pretty damn good in the Youtube vid I saw. Now I want her as a playable character. I dont run with Team Up characters.
And...
EMMA FROST
Emma Frost’s Diamond Form is now visible in all costumes!

Emma Frost’s Marvel NOW! costume’s coat is now animated with her run.

This could be very awesome. I may give melee Emma a shot now.
Also, if they've fixed her trenchcoat hopefully they'll fix Punishers in the near future too :D

Ploid 3.0

It sounds like the Jean review isn't as good as people hoped. Reviews sound like death sentences now. How much worse can Cyclops get though? And what if the QoL for Psylocke screw me over giving her a Power Cosmic legendary and maxing it. Oh man.

Emma's Marvel Now is now her best costume. It looks so pimp with the fix, and the diamond form especially. So cool.

Volimar

Come on steam....update! <poke> <poke>

What's the highest damage everyone's done? I could swear I got over 1 million on Ms. Marvel yesterday, but since then I haven't gotten much over 600,000. Speaking of Ms. Marvel, I forgo how amazing she is to play.

Ms. Marvel's Radiant Cascade no longer stops movement powers mid-cast when it is firing pulses.

FINALLY!

I was just looking at that. I would try it but then I would just rather have native support.

Same here. I'd probably stay with kb/m, but it would be nice to try a controller.

KePoW

Banned
It sounds like the Jean review isn't as good as people hoped. Reviews sound like death sentences now. How much worse can Cyclops get though? And what if the QoL for Psylocke screw me over giving her a Power Cosmic legendary and maxing it. Oh man.

You can unbind Legendary item and give it to sometime else

Ploid 3.0

You can unbind Legendary item and give it to sometime else

I wondered if I could unbind The Power Cosmic, would it refund the Worldstones? I had only refunded the normal Legendaries before. I wouldn't want odin marks since 300 odin marks are nothing compared to the grueling 750 world stones to me. haha

Edit, just realized you might actually mean unbind and not the normal refund thing. If so that's good, thanks.

Volimar

I wondered if I could unbind The Power Cosmic, would it refund the Worldstones? I had only refunded the normal Legendaries before. I wouldn't want odin marks since 300 odin marks are nothing compared to the grueling 750 world stones to me. haha

Edit, just realized you might actually mean unbind and not the normal refund thing. If so that's good, thanks.

Well, for the pot of gold legendary, you can't refund it for odin marks. I imagine it's the same for all legendaries not sold by the legendary npc. You can still unbind it, but that's it.

Top Bottom