• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Daylight

My drops so far have been two fortune cards, that turned out to be a Retcon Device and Matrix of Unbinding, and a Radioactive Isotope for Daredevil. I'm about Level 29 and have beaten the main story.

Fehyd

Banned
So in my raccoony adventures I found this little combo:

jEW33zOh3akoi.jpg

jbuvjS4dbvfIBv.jpg

The magneto medal's efficiency bonus applies to ALL abilities including my shield and BFG, neither of which proc the self damage. When I need to autoattack or use Tactical Destruction, the oculus heals for more than twice the damage I take from the Magneto medal (I only have around 3500 hp). Spirit consumption is a serious issue for Rocket at high level because you need to refresh your shield every single time you take a hit, since it just gets eaten instantly by anything. I've also been grabbing whatever +spirit and efficiency gear I could, as a secondary priority to +skill points.

That's actually not a bad idea. My Iron Man's about 42 now, and he plays not unlike a Rocket Raccoon. I'll definitely be considering this combo if I ever find the oculus.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but if you bodyslide after killing a boss, you can body slide immediately back in to fight him again. 2X kills for 1 runthrough.

Also, if anyone wants to do Prof. X Purple challenge 1, message me ingame: makeamidget

Edit: Or potentially as many as you want to do, if in a group of like 3.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but if you bodyslide after killing a boss, you can body slide immediately back in to fight him again. 2X kills for 1 runthrough.
Story, Limbo, Terminals or all the above?
I haven't played Endgame yet so IDK how it works 100% yet.

ucdawg12

hey whats up with castle doom? is this something you can do with a party or do you have to do the whole thing by yourself? i haven't joined the instance once yet to find anyone else in there.

Has anyone at Gazillion said anything about the prices of the four upcoming heroes? I want Squirrel Girl and Nova and need to save some of my Gs. I'd like to know how much.

Kurod

Banned
Oh yea, forgot to mention...

Green Terminals. :p

I kinda wanna try red terminals. Just to see.

I tried soloing red terminal Hood. Trash mobs would deck me for 1/3 of my health and The Hood himself quite literally one shot me. It's not a bad idea to bring friends with you.

So... bodysliding out and back in works on red terminals, too. Wish I would have realized this earlier, would have been using it alot. :p

Apparently it's been known on the official forums for a while. I half expect it to go away with patch tonight.

Patch notes:
https://forum.marvelheroes.com/show...-Notes-Game-Update-Notes-6-13-2013-1-10-0-186

Defense upgrades for certain people, supergroups!, higher hero drop rate

Auto group for green terminals, cube shards 1 time per day, per boss.

Items that increase the duration of powers now do not affect consumables. NOOOO!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Has anyone at Gazillion said anything about the prices of the four upcoming heroes? I want Squirrel Girl and Nova and need to save some of my Gs. I'd like to know how much.

Nothing official. Speculation is that Luke and Squirrel Girl will be in the 6-800 range, Human Torch around 1200-1400, and Nova and Emma Frost at the 1600-2000 range. Based solely on popularity.

Xevren

Got 2 artifacts and 1 retcon device drop off The Hood in a green terminal. Pretty sweet, though the artifacts were butt. In fact today was a good day for artifact drops, just don't think many will benefit me. Think I had 6?

So with guilds going up are we going to try and make a GAF guild?

inky

Oh man, they totally nerfed my Dr. Doom medal, among other things. Was having a lot of fun with semi-invincible Cap too, lol.

Well, at least supergroups are finally in. Will get in on that as soon as I can tomorrow.

Lord Phol

All around great patchnotes (love big patchnotes!).
Notable changes:

- No more Base Costumes as loot drops
- Auto-Party for green dailies (though I would have wanted that for purple terminals as well)
- Cable is fixed
- Supergroups are finally here
- Hero Token droprate has increased
- Defense stat has been boosted (and will be boosted further in upcoming patches)
- Elite mobs health have been fixed

Any suggestions for how to build scarlet witch?
I assume it's like in other f2p games where you don't get a respec and you end up wasting points on skills you'll never use after the early levels.

Any suggestions for how to build scarlet witch?
I assume it's like in other f2p games where you don't get a respec and you end up wasting points on skills you'll never use after the early levels.

I only played a couple of levels of Scarlet Witch so I can't help you there but each character can get a free respec token after completing a mission in the third chapter.

There's an item that drops(you can also pay $3 for it), retcon device , that allows you to respec. I wouldn't buy one as it drops more than you should need it. I have around 6 or so now, and I'm only level 36.

You also get one around chapter 6, I think, as a quest reward.

Edit: Nevermind, post above says Chapter 3.
Edit 2: It's actually Chapter 4, quest is Corruption in Blue.

Edit 3: I've gotten 2 from quest, 2 from fortune cards, and 2 dropped. Unfortunately, retcon and fortune cards are all I have drop.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
There's an item that drops(you can also pay $3 for it), retcon device , that allows you to respec. I wouldn't buy one as it drops more than you should need it. I have around 6 or so now, and I'm only level 36.

You also get one around chapter 6, I think, as a quest reward.

Edit: Nevermind, post above says Chapter 3.
Edit 2: It's actually Chapter 4, quest is Corruption in Blue.

Well you're either very lucky or I'm just very unlucky cause I've been through the game twice and yet to get one of those retcons to drop. Got 2 from the quest though.

ElRenoRaven

Love those notes.

Guess what's available now with this patch. Go ahead do it. Guess. Guilds are now functional and War machine is back in to sell the item to activate the ability for 10,001 credits.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm looking to try the game, but unfortunately I can't buy 80 € packs. Can I still get good content in the free version?

Absolutely - and the 80€ packs you are speaking of are poo. Get the free game going, play a bit, and if you decide you want a certain character, just plop down a little monies for him/her. Cheaper and more efficient that way at this point.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Absolutely - and the 80€ packs you are speaking of are poo. Get the free game going, play a bit, and if you decide you want a certain character, just plop down a little monies for him/her. Cheaper and more efficient that way at this point.

Thank you. My only problem is I really love Cable and Wolverine in the comics. But I don't want to pay 80 euros only for two characters.

Disconnected from server whilst in the process of picking up loot from a defeated boss.
Black screen whilst trying to log back in.
Maybe there is some truth to the saying, you get what you pay for :(

Just got my first character drop: Hawkeye... Already have him, but, at least something dropped, off of 2nd wave of X.School Limbo, no less.

Edit: bodyslide still lets you do bosses multiple times.

The two times I've decided to add some money to the account, the game would crash on that or the site is down. It must be a sign to change my mind.

I hate running Limbo... everyone just runs around, the opposite direction of the power core/flare/whatever. Then wonders why the boss keeps 1 shotting everything.

Also, what was the problem with supergroups?

Lord Phol

Hm Psychokinetic Barrier took quite a hit in the damage department. I don't get why they insist on making dots increase in duration so much when leveled up, it makes them worse.

inky

Supergroups are up. I can't invite you if you are not online, but if you are, just send me a tell ("/t inky [message]") and I'll send an invite your way.

I'm actually doing some other work stuff right now, but I'll be "on" to read your tells and invite you guys asap.

hamchan

Alright, the auto grouping for green dailies works well. Auto joined a group, we talked a bit and were friendly. Decided to go from Shocker all the way to Doom and then after that we did the Madripor Groip Challenge. In the two hours I played Scarlet Witch dropped for me, followed by Hawkeye 10 minutes later. First time any special items have dropped in my 30 hours playing.

inky

Well, hello there:

xRAFimB.png

Well, that nerf was excessive: =/

0H5wq5x.png

Without it affecting XP/rarity buffs anymore it's kind of terrible now.

Edit: Whoops, Top of the page. Might as well quote myself:

Supergroups are up. I can't invite you if you are not online, but if you are, just send me a tell ("/t inky [message]") and I'll send an invite your way.

I'm actually doing some other work stuff right now, but I'll be "on" to read your tells and invite you guys asap.

Top Bottom