• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Do you guys keep all your costume core? I have been getting one every 20-30 minutes and I will run out of space. Any use for them?

You can use them when your crafter is level 10 and it requires a hefty credits investment (200k+). I'm keeping most, but getting rid of the lame ones, like the ones that give +23 physical defense or something like that.

Stats are OK depending on the character, but I suspect I'll apply the ones that give special item find first.

SirKhalid

You can use them when your crafter is level 10 and it requires a hefty credits investment (200k+). I'm keeping most, but getting rid of the lame ones, like the ones that give +23 physical defense or something like that.

Stats are OK depending on the character, but I suspect I'll apply the ones that give special item find first.

Yeah, right now I'm thinking I will use the +19% special item find. Might sell my others if they have no use.

Any idea what Unstable Molecules are for?

And boo at no stacking the retcon device...

From what iv seen from the offical forums, really late game people have found 23% special on 1 item, so can get like 46%

Taskmaster 1 hit me on tier2 lol, he was red, I guess better grind more before I try that again.

Lord Phol

I'm really having fun doing Limbo now that I'm leveled up for it. XP and the fights are just nuts sometimes.

Yeah I really disliked it at first but it's kind of addicting, even though I'm fairly useless as Black Panther. Usually run around playing medic rezzing people.

Moondrop

Banned
Captain America is functionally invincible as a result of Quick Block at rank 10 and above, in case this hasn't been mentioned. I ran through the first set of green terminals at level 27; didn't matter if enemy tags were green, amber, or red.

It feels like an exploit, but it's also one of his essential skills. I didn't play him this deeply in beta; I can't comprehend how this was permitted. Perhaps the mechanics of the skill are too compromised to fix quickly.

It's not really feasible to play Cap without it, and the benefit of dailies to crafting is too valuable to put him aside just yet. I'll just continue to level Jean while waiting for this to unfold.

Fighting red Sinister(Avenger) right now, if anyone is interested in helping message Arkh.

Edit: ... He heals when damaged and heals when damaging....

So I guess Brevik was interviewed on a live stream earlier today and said the hero/costume drop rate will be increased. So that's good news, since I'm around hour 50 with 0 drops so far.

Veggy

What level should you be for Limbo anyway? I have it unlocked but haven't bothered yet (levelled other characters instead, Jean to 22 and Wolv to 20)

So I guess Brevik was interviewed on a live stream earlier today and said the hero/costume drop rate will be increased. So that's good news, since I'm around hour 50 with 0 drops so far.

That would be nice, but price reductions would be so nice. At least they made the price issue a sticky on the forum

Kurod

Banned
I was in a Limbo game earlier and the boss was The Hood with "heals when dealing damage". When I saw everyone just throwing themselves at him all willie-nillie I knew we were done for.

Captain America is functionally invincible as a result of Quick Block at rank 10 and above, in case this hasn't been mentioned. I ran through the first set of green terminals at level 27; didn't matter if enemy tags were green, amber, or red.

Yeah, this has received a bunch of attention on the official forums. Everyone expects a pretty quick nerf.

The problem is all the defense based stats are broken. Colossus for instance gets crapped on even stacking defense and with his armor and natural mitigation. That makes no sense. Only Captain America can stand head to head with a boss. There's a reason the first level 60 was reached using him. He is literally invincible if you spam Quick Block.

It feels like an exploit, but it's also one of his essential skills. I didn't play him this deeply in beta; I can't comprehend how this was permitted. Perhaps the mechanics of the skill are too compromised to fix quickly.

It's not really feasible to play Cap without it, and the benefit of dailies to crafting is too valuable to put him aside just yet. I'll just continue to level Jean while waiting for this to unfold.

David Brevik on a live stream got news from the dev team that Quick Block will be getting nerfed. It will not be as spammable as it is now. Defense fixes are coming as well. Here's the stream in question http://www.twitch.tv/archonthewizard/c/2412157 He answers quite a few questions. Human Torch is about a month out, no eta on the other missing chars, damage numbers being worked on now.

Kurod

Banned
Yeah, this has received a bunch of attention on the official forums. Everyone expects a pretty quick nerf.

The problem is all the defense based stats are broken. Colossus for instance gets crapped on even stacking defense and with his armor and natural mitigation. That makes no sense. Only Captain America can stand head to head with a boss. There's a reason the first level 60 was reached using him. He is literally invincible if you spam Quick Block.

Is dodge broken too? I've tried dodge tanking bosses as Spider-Man using my ultimate skill "Amazing Smash" (gives a 30sec +100% dodge chance buff) and I still get pummeled.

I hit level 21 as Rocket Raccoon and decided to finally try taking on good ole
Pyro and Magneto
Piece of cake! those turrets may not do much damage but man, their agro is crazy I just throw down my gun turret, then run off and throw out my Time Dilator, and shoot shoot shoot. When one breaks, throw out another one. Flawless victory! I expected to die, but nope, twas quite a good fight actually.

I hit level 21 as Rocket Raccoon and decided to finally try taking on good ole
Pyro and Magneto
Piece of cake! those turrets may not do much damage but man, their agro is crazy I just throw down my gun turret, then run off and throw out my Time Dilator, and shoot shoot shoot. When one breaks, throw out another one. Flawless victory! I expected to die, but nope, twas quite a good fight actually.

Yea back in beta I had the easiest time soloing bosses with Rocket out of all the characters I played. Just lay down a turret and watch the bosses hit it instead of you and you're free to lay down all kinds of punishment while theyre fighting the turret. All the bosses were pretty much cakewalk with Rocket (except Doom, I died alot from Doom). And people were saying the turret was useless lawl.

Is dodge broken too? I've tried dodge tanking bosses as Spider-Man using my ultimate skill "Amazing Smash" (gives a 30sec +100% dodge chance buff) and I still get pummeled.

No, dodge works the best of all defensive stats right now, by far. The issue is most of the characters that have high dodge rates (Black Panther, Daredevil, Spidey, Black Widow) don't have crap for other mitigation stats. So you may avoid damage 50-60% of the time, but when you take a hit it clobbers you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
32 -> 36 by just mindless Limbo farming. Pretty awesome, but I'd hate to think that that's it. Also, Rhino is still broken.

And how do you get the Bovine Recipe?

The best part of the interview I think is him saying they're definitely going to be adding the equivalent of nightmare and hell modes in the game.

Xevren

The best part of the interview I think is him saying they're definitely going to be adding the equivalent of nightmare and hell modes in the game.

That'd be awesome. I loved running the story and just playing with people. Right now it just feels like unlock limbo...play limbo. I do like limbo but I can see it getting a bit meh after awhile.

Kurod

Banned
Apologies to all the guys I was grouping with. Marvel.exe stopped working as I was bodysliding out of the Madripoor group challenge. I've been trying to log back in but it keeps crashing after the splash screens.

BTW

Web 'Em All > Lady Deathstrike haha

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome. They better do this fast before they lose too many players though.

Yeah, and fix the duplicate token situation so folks have 3 heroes to play with as intended. :p

Also, anyone had Rhino in Limbo not bug? And I fought my first Blob in Limbo today - very neat.

Xevren

First where is this interview??? was it at e3???
second, limbo is awesome. anyone who says this game is boring just play limbo, you can do that thing for hours everyday.
Third, my crafter is at level 8 and his gear tab looks like this http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091278381/screenshots/. does this change after a certain level or this pretty much it for the rest of my crafter experience???

You'll be able to put cores in costumes at 10. That's the next big thing. Though it does cost 200k just to add a core. Not sure if/when there is an upgrade for post lvl 36 rares to become epics.

Woot finally beat the story tonight with Adawg. Feels like Ms M is made for Doom fights (least the last form). Anyone know a good website with builds? I feel like mines a mess right now.

Apologies to all the guys I was grouping with. Marvel.exe stopped working as I was bodysliding out of the Madripoor group challenge. I've been trying to log back in but it keeps crashing after the splash screens.

BTW

Web 'Em All > Lady Deathstrike haha

Was a ton of fun running through my first end game content with CrownJo, GmanDH and Kurod. You guys rock for carrying me through madripoor lol. Did my first limbo run too, had no idea what was going on haha

First where is this interview??? was it at e3???
second, limbo is awesome. anyone who says this game is boring just play limbo, you can do that thing for hours everyday.
Third, my crafter is at level 8 and his gear tab looks like this http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091278381/screenshots/. does this change after a certain level or this pretty much it for the rest of my crafter experience???

Here's the interview http://www.twitch.tv/archonthewizard/c/2412157

GManDH

You'll be able to put cores in costumes at 10. That's the next big thing. Though it does cost 200k just to add a core. Not sure if/when there is an upgrade for post lvl 36 rares to become epics.

is there ever an option to upgrade greens to blues?

Mupod

Used a cosmic key to try the red terminal abandoned subway on the helicarrier, and got teleported back to the prologue. This happened every time I tried to enter it until my key 'expired'.

Also consumed the key. Submitted a bug report but...welp. Guess I won't try that again. Sucks 'cause I'm one shard away from another useless rarity buff fortune card.

Top Bottom