• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Scirrocco

I got my fist character drop against a red terminal boss.
Unfortunately, it was a character I already had (Storm).

You can use tokens for characters you already have to powerup your ultimate attack. In fact, i think in the patch notes they said bosses have a chance to drop your own character separate from others, so they'll be more common.

Jtrizzy

I hope they add UI scaling or the ability to super sample in game. Also don't understand why I can't map powers to my extra mouse buttons.

Scirrocco

I hope they add UI scaling or the ability to super sample in game. Also don't understand why I can't map powers to my extra mouse buttons.

I know. at the very least health kits should have their own seperate key, and it would make a lot of sense for travel powers (flight, swinging, etc) to have their own button too.

Does anyone know how hotkeys work? supposedly you can hotkey abilities to f1-5, but it doesn't really say how.

Mouseover an ability that is usable by right click and press the hotkey to bind it. You can use the hotkeys to on-the-fly switch out your right click mouse ability. It's kinda lame.

Playing as Cable my psychic haze now does 11k damage over 7 seconds, I'm thinking they put an extra 0 in by mistake but it's more than making up for the Doom medal nerf right now.

ElRenoRaven

Nothing like a nice free talent reset lol. Hate only being able to play a couple minutes at work. At least it's better then most. lol

I would really like to see ALL areas of the game have some kind of enemy level-scaling. This would mean I can go to places like that desert island and beat up green or orange-rated ninjas and snake men etc. Its so pointless beating up the wimpy regular ones.
Tougher enemies with proportionately decent item drops are required, to make 70% of the game worth visiting.

GManDH

I usually have to completely exit and restart Steam to get the updates to rollout.

by exit you mean close or is there another way to completely exit steam?

update: NEVERMIND, i just clicked exit and went back and it worked. guess ill be doing this from now on.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
by exit you mean close or is there another way to completely exit steam?

update: NEVERMIND, i just clicked exit and went back and it worked. guess ill be doing this from now on.

Yeah, the File -> Exit (or right click the tray icon and close) actually closes Steam entirely.

Xevren

I just got my first costume, hawkeye modern costume but I just spend 25000 credit for the grade 3 upgrade on my current one...

It's just credits. 25k isn't too bad, you can get some +credit gear and once you're happy with where your crafter is you can start selling loot.

Mupod

Haha, this was my response when I asked for a refund of the cosmic key I used on the bugged red terminal abandoned subway mission (it just sends you back to the prologue but consumes the key).

jbvfAs2omnQPYe.jpg

I'd advise not spending money on anything right now, if their response to people losing ingame items to a buggy game is 'NO REFUNDS DEAL WITH IT'.

Santini

So have they finished sending out launch day hiccup G's? I never received mine.

Send in a support ticket.

I can't find it, but there was a post from one of the Gazillion team on the official forums that recommended folks send one in if they hadn't yet seen their launch delay compensation G's.

I was going to wait out the whole seven days (they said it would start the 7th and take up to a week) until I saw that post. Sent the ticket out late Tuesday evening, got a reply and the G's on Wednesday afternoon.

Send in a support ticket.

I can't find it, but there was a post from one of the Gazillion team on the official forums that recommended folks send one in if they hadn't yet seen their launch delay compensation G's.

I was going to wait out the whole seven days (they said it would start the 7th and take up to a week) until I saw that post. Sent the ticket out late Tuesday evening, got a reply and the G's on Wednesday afternoon.

Bingo, I got mine today after submitting a ticket last night.

Haha, this was my response when I asked for a refund of the cosmic key I used on the bugged red terminal abandoned subway mission (it just sends you back to the prologue but consumes the key).

jbvfAs2omnQPYe.jpg

I'd advise not spending money on anything right now, if their response to people losing ingame items to a buggy game is 'NO REFUNDS DEAL WITH IT'.

Did you try telling them you didn't want money, just the lost key? That would most likely get a better response.

That Bodyslide trick for the terminals is great in a group. If you have 3 people you can just cycle out who Slides. Have one slide and the others leave. Then the person slides back and they TP over to them. Cycle out who that person is and you could endlessly fight bosses without going through the instances.

Also, I mentioned this in the Guild chat:
www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/1g2lmt/compendium_best_medals_for_each_hero/
This is an interesting thread on Reddit where people are discussing which medal best enhances each individual character.

Mupod

Did you try telling them you didn't want money, just the lost key? That would most likely get a better response.

Yes. The guy's response doesn't even make sense considering the question I asked, he probably just lazily copy and pasted it.

Considering they drop constantly and you can get them easily with the bodyslide trick I don't even care about the key itself. Just slimy that they have such a policy towards items that could have easily been bought with real money. I say if you're going with the F2P model you can't go halfway on this - if you're making money off imaginary items, you're not allowed to take the 'who cares it's not real anyways' stance.

Mupod

It's funny that they nerfed the Doom medal and motion tracker like two days after I found alternatives to them. I was expecting them to let it slide for a little while longer, even if Doom's was mad busted and giving you bonuses to exp/loot rarity buffs among all kinds of other crazy shit. I loved how my Thing friend could knock guys up in the air and they'd stay up twice as long as they should thanks to the medal, and all fall down in a pile of ragdolls.

ucdawg12

is there any way to reset instances? sometimes i enter them and end up without a group and just by myself but when i warp out and reenter, the instance is as i left it (for instance if i kill something or trash some boxes) which i think means i'm locked out of getting put in an auto-group for however long it takes to reset on its own. currently i'm doing the green dailies and had groups all the way up until MODOK who i cannot solo on my own

GManDH

does this sound like whinning....

revamping the Crafters

I believe there is a need for a revamp with everything related to crafters. I use my crafters mostly for the gears, but ive noticed and tested out other parts. i believe that after leveling up the crafter so much there is still so little you can do. first the element section is one of the only fair parts of the crafter. Although you can find the high level elements mostly in game the prices are horrible for what you get since they are the base of everything else. The Costume section is the only section i have close to no knowledge about. I used it once and havent since. Some people have said that after tier 2 its pointless since its mostly random and the price doest justify the end. I personally use the gear tab almost everyday. I am very unhappy that there is no way to upgrade greens, transform anything but purples, and the fact that it takes to level 14 to upgrade 35+ items. Also, little off topic, weapons that require a higher level should be worth more when it comes to xp or even credits. And last but not least, the Misc tab. This tab is rarely used except for when people need to unbind. the matrix should not be as rare as it is, or there should be different requirements for unbinding for different items or items of different levels. Does anyone agree?

Varna

Grading greens and so forth would be great. I find lots of greens that have the defense and one skill upgrade I like. But obviously can't can't do anything with it.

Does anyone know what Transform to Epic does to Purple items? I've done it several times but I don't see any change at all.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Grading greens and so forth would be great. I find lots of greens that have the defense and one skill upgrade I like. But obviously can't can't do anything with it.

Does anyone know what Transform to Epic does to Purple items? I've done it several times but I don't see any change at all.

I think that's the one that makes it usable by another hero. Whichever hero crafts it is then able to use it. I'm not sure how the skills and stats are impacted, though.

Jtrizzy

I'd love an invite to the guild, I should be on for the next few hours if anyone wants to play. I think I'm almost done with the story using Iron man, but I'm sure I'll be starting Thor right after.

Kurod

Banned
Ive been kicked to login a feq times today, if thats what you mean. I was always able to log back in right away.

No I get thrown back to desktop with the error message that "marvel.exe has stopped working". Trying to start up again has BitRaider (very slowly) checking the files.

Scirrocco

No I get thrown back to desktop with the error message that "marvel.exe has stopped working". Trying to start up again has BitRaider (very slowly) checking the files.

I use the steam version, so bit raidets not an issue. Maybe yout having bitraider problems.

inky

I forgot to say yesterday, there are a few other people who can handle invites as well for when I am not on: psychoraven, Tragicomedy and althreen.

I will be online for a couple of hours right now if anyone wants to join. Remember, you have to be online and just sent me a tell (/t inky your message).

Cheers.

The defensive boosts so far are certainly noticeable, though damage in the game is still extremely spiky.

A few player observations...

Colossus: I played a bunch on Colossus yesterday to get him to around 30 and he feels sturdier. The issue I have now is the skills that provide passive defense rating are even less worth taking than before. I'm surprised they didn't multiply those at the same 2-4X rates they did with gear. As it stands, dumping 20 skill points to get around 80 defense is laughable, especially when I'm working towards 2.5K.

Captain America: I never played invincible quick block Captain America, so maybe I don't get the doom and gloom, but I saw duoing with another Gaffer last night and I think he's a blast to play. He's so freaking fast.

Jean Grey: Hit 28 with her. She does massive AOE damage, but she's built out of paper. I can't survive a hit with her in limbo. I understand the balance there, but she seems ridiculously fragile.

Top Bottom