• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

smr00

Banned
David Brevak did an interview with a guy named Archon on twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/archonthewizard/b/415613180?t=293m00s

Few notable things confirmed

- Auto Grouping for Terminals is coming really soon
- Unique items are coming
- Human Torch next month
- Windowed Full Screen coming

Didn't listen to all of it, few notes that seem interesting to me. Still don't know why auto-grouping for terminals didn't happen from the start.

Goon Boon

Banned

- Unique items are coming
- Human Torch next month
- Windowed Full Screen coming

Didn't listen to all of it, few notes that seem interesting to me. Still don't know why auto-grouping for terminals didn't happen from the start.

I believe they also mentioned higher hero drop rates. I'm 50 hours and have friends with over 70 hours without a single hero drop (not even for their own hero which is supposed to level up their ultimate).

GManDH

I believe they also mentioned higher hero drop rates. I'm 50 hours and have friends with over 70 hours without a single hero drop (not even for their own hero which is supposed to level up their ultimate).

on that note, hawkeye has one of the stupidest ultimates possible. do you think anyone else has an ultimate that is useless??

smr00

Banned
I didn't catch all of it but i know it was posted on the official forums that hero drop % will raise.

Which is great news for a lot of people.

cartridge

Banned

That's weird. I unlocked Thing within like the first 10 levels, and Scarlet Witch after that.

It will still be really rare and the random gods will shine on only some players. My GF within less than 8 hours of play for example got a character and 2 costume drops. Even raising it, it will only be slightly and many folks will probably never see a drop.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't even mind that I haven't had a hero drop, but the fact that they're required to raise your ult makes it silly to not see one at all in 30+ hours of play.

Goon Boon

Banned
That's weird. I unlocked Thing within like the first 10 levels, and Scarlet Witch after that.

Those two I believe are part of a 5 hero pool of starter heroes. You get one at the start, one after the prologue chapter as a quest reward, and one as a quest reward for beating the main story.

For random hero drops, even accounting for the RNG, I just hope they left the rates low early on in case they fudged a number somewhere that resulted in extreme drops.

steadfast

Everyone gets additional starter characters after completing the prologue and then after completing the main story (Dr Doom).

The shitty drop rates are for all the other characters. During the open beta weekends, I got two heroes to drop within about 15 hours of play. Now at launch, we have people with over 70 hours in that have yet to see a hero drop which is just dumb.

A few things I found interesting from the twitch interview:
- They are going to do a public testing for Torch before he is put up for sale. I hope they do so with all new characters.
- They are looking into ways to further enhance the UI.
- They are going to add more hotkeys (he was specifically asked about a dedicated medpack key, but his answer sounded like more in general were in the works).

I wish the interviewer would have asked about if they plan to implement any kind of trial system for players to test out characters before buying them. It would have been a perfect follow up to the Torch info.

Nice. I got my fist pet drop today too. It was Old Lace (the little dinosaur).
I got him from a red instance boss (The Hood).

About bloody time. Should make the game much more fun.
I feel like a begger on the street (getting ignored of course) when I ask for help doing daily's or group ops.

cartridge

Banned
Those two I believe are part of a 5 hero pool of starter heroes. You get one at the start, one after the prologue chapter as a quest reward, and one as a quest reward for beating the main story.

For random hero drops, even accounting for the RNG, I just hope they left the rates low early on in case they fudged a number somewhere that resulted in extreme drops.

Yeah, but they were RNG drops. I'm just having fun with Cable until Doctor Strange is released.

smr00

Banned
Started playing Collosus last night, today i found my first costume (have about 60 hours in deadpool) and got

4vXUwNQ.jpg
I am still laughing. Not that it really matters because i bought the ultimate pack, it's just funny that it dropped the costume i am currently wearing.

Ive found 3 costumes so far for Ms Marvel, all were before chapter 3 I believe (one was the default, the other 2 were additional). I feel like costumes tend to drop more at lower levels (one was off Doc Oct, another off a mob in Jersey Docks and the last was off a box in an instance in the Jersey Docks)

Lord Phol

- Auto Grouping for Terminals is coming really soon - Awesome!
- Unique items are coming - Gimme gimme!
- Human Torch next month - Nice, but this means Nova is really far off :/
- Windowed Full Screen coming - Yes I need this

A few things I found interesting from the twitch interview:
- They are going to do a public testing for Torch before he is put up for sale. I hope they do so with all new characters. - Looking forward to trying him out
- They are looking into ways to further enhance the UI. - Good
- They are going to add more hotkeys (he was specifically asked about a dedicated medpack key, but his answer sounded like more in general were in the works). - Hm not sure about this, being limited leads to choices and diversity.

I wish the interviewer would have asked about if they plan to implement any kind of trial system for players to test out characters before buying them. It would have been a perfect follow up to the Torch info.

Looks like some good changes are coming.

Vecks

Having beaten doom(finally), I figured I'd just post some thoughts/impressions.

I've been playing Heroes since early october I think (closed beta), and they've made numerous changes over the few months(about half a year I've been in it). It was so bare-bones back then. One or two chapters of content, no party system(?), no crafting items, no event quests or simple instanced areas, no artifacts, no store, very samey/few/limited powers, fewer heroes, zero menu/graphic/hotkey options, etc.

Even though Gaz has always been pretty shaky on stability, log in issues, and lag, I feel like they've come a long way with the actual game itself. At the same time, the game still feels rushed out the door for release. Around March when I found out they were going to release in June, I was shocked because I didn't think it'd be ready by then. And now that I've played through it, it feels more like an open beta. Mostly complete, but still lacking some important features (and some stuff is still in testing like pvp). It's nice to see that they've still got things planned and in the works.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hit 37 over lunch!

I could probably hit 40 tonight if I push hard enough. I really want the cow recipe, though. I have no idea how long I'm going to have to hunt for that.

Also, is it worth running red terminals?

The ONLY store item Ive found so far, I got from a red terminal (Dino pet).
You're much better off going in with a team IMO. Red boss fights are a bit of a drag.
All the bosses I fought had those big blue rings of fire surrounding them (like Dr Doom does).

Mupod

I'm curious about the red terminals also, think I have 5 cosmic keys or so.

Hit 37 over lunch!

I could probably hit 40 tonight if I push hard enough. I really want the cow recipe, though. I have no idea how long I'm going to have to hunt for that.

Also, is it worth running red terminals?

As I said earlier, the only one I tried to run ate my key and bugged out so I couldn't enter it (clicking the mission sent me to the Prologue). Going back to saving mine for now until I get a response to my ticket.

As far as I know you only get better loot in that the boss always gives you a guaranteed chance at 'special' loot which includes cosmic keys, retcon potions and the like. In addition to cube shards, which you can usually only get on your first dungeon run of a day.

So my strategy is to stock up on as much 'special item find' (not to be confused with loot rarity increase) gear, and then run red terminals with two of my friends. And then have them use their keys in turn, so we'll get something like 50+ chances at special items. I'm also expecting Cosmic Keys to have high drop rates in red terminals so this might end up being sustainable for a long time.

But it's just smarter to wait, because they're upping hero droprates and we don't have more than around 20-30% special item find each. I just wanted to grab my 10th cube shard out of the one I attempted to run, but if this bug is common I'm not gonna risk it.

Ive never found a Fortune Card. Ive earned 3 through obtaining shards.
2 were increased chance of finding special items (didnt find anything good) and 1 was a retcon.

Veggy

That feel when IronMan Mark 1 costume drops and you don't have IronMan

At least it's a pretty shitty costume

Looks like there's going to be a big patch tonight, hopefully this is the one that adds back guilds and increases the costume/hero drop rates

https://forum.marvelheroes.com/show...vernight-6-13-at-3AM-PDT-downtime-est-2-hours
Expected downtime overnight, 6/13 at 3AM PDT - downtime est. 2 hours
We are expecting to bring the Marvel Heroes game servers down tonight for maintenance and a new patch. Our downtime will begin at:

3AM PDT (West Coast US)
4AM MDT (Mountain time)
5AM CDT (Central time)
6AM EDT (East Coast US)
10AM UTC
11AM BST (London)
12PM CET (Central Europe)

More timezone help at Everytimezone.com.

As well as the game servers, we'll be making platform changes. This means limited connectivity to MarvelHeroes.com, account login and the forums during this period.

Downtime is estimated to be no more than 2 hours, and we'll try to make it shorter than that. If downtime needs to be extended we'll let you know.

To those of you in Australia, New Zealand and Asia - we know this timing hits you hard. Right now this timing is one of our lowest points of the day CCU wise, which is why we chose it. We're talking about alternatives.

Tonight's patch is fairly extensive and we'll have patch notes later today/tonight.

Damn, it kills me, but I have to give up on this. My computer just can't run it - booted back to the desktop three times last night with "out of memory" errors. That's in addition to the loading screen transition hangs and frame dips.

On the bright side, when I eventually get a new rig, this will probably be all patched up and polished.

Farewell Hawkeye.

Veggy

Ok this is just retarded, I finally had a costume drop for Jean and what costume was it?

THE FUCKING DEFAULT ONE

Why drop a default costume that I'm already using? Why drop default costumes in the first place?

GManDH

Ok this is just retarded, I finally had a costume drop for Jean and what costume was it?

THE FUCKING DEFAULT ONE

Why drop a default costume that I'm already using? Why drop default costumes in the first place?

itll increase youre ultimate.

Goon Boon

Banned
itll increase youre ultimate.

Nope, thats hero tokens. Default costumes are literally used for slightly different stats via infusing it with cores.

They should really let you just craft costumes you find (like find a blueprint for a costume, create a blank one), as it stands right now it seems like a way to make roughly 1/4th of all special drops worthless off the bat.

GManDH

Nope, thats hero tokens. Default costumes are literally used for slightly different stats via infusing it with cores.

They should really let you just craft costumes you find (like find a blueprint for a costume, create a blank one), as it stands right now it seems like a way to make roughly 1/4th of all special drops worthless off the bat.

UGH. im sorry that sucks. Any opinions on max level exclusive endgame??

GManDH

nope. Read it somewhere.

im still at level 8, and it takes FOREVER to level him up past that. i just wish they would put more stuff in gear tab of crafting. where do the developers read these questions they say ppl have because that should be one of them.

Mupod

So in my raccoony adventures I found this little combo:

jEW33zOh3akoi.jpg

jbuvjS4dbvfIBv.jpg

The magneto medal's efficiency bonus applies to ALL abilities including my shield and BFG, neither of which proc the self damage. When I need to autoattack or use Tactical Destruction, the oculus heals for more than twice the damage I take from the Magneto medal (I only have around 3500 hp). Spirit consumption is a serious issue for Rocket at high level because you need to refresh your shield every single time you take a hit, since it just gets eaten instantly by anything. I've also been grabbing whatever +spirit and efficiency gear I could, as a secondary priority to +skill points.

Top Bottom