• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

SUPARSTARX

Defense boosts rarely benefit against group challenge mobs. Maybe a little bit solo but group stuff, I still get one shot or two shot as Cyclops using a but under 1k defense.

Jean Grey: Hit 28 with her. She does massive AOE damage, but she's built out of paper. I can't survive a hit with her in limbo. I understand the balance there, but she seems ridiculously fragile.
Scarlet Witch has the same problem. I understand the idea of a glass cannon but it feels a bit overboard with her, especially when she lacks maneuverability skills outside of flight. She can do great AoE damage, but just a few hits from any green terminal bosses and I'm dead. Mobs do big damage too. Top that off with her lacking good single target attacks and she is a pain to do terminals solo with. I tend to just drop my ring of death and run around in circles to keep them in it while avoiding their attacks.

Is there some why to start over?

the story? or picking a new starter? If you want to reset the story you can do so via this NPC in Avenger's Tower (he's near the green, red, purple terminals). If you want to pick a new starter, you'll have to make a new account

Got Colossus last night off of Subterranea Group 1 trash.

Also had a second Hawkeye drop of of T1 Limbo trash.

Pretty happy with first day after patch.

Xevren

So incredibly jealous of the ones who have gotten costume/hero drops. Still haven't seen any, just keep getting really shitty artifacts and a stock of retcon devices.

J-Tier

So I just got a Mask of Doom artifact which I thought was pretty cool. Summons two Doombots as assists for 20 seconds.

edit: thanks for the add inky =)

Finally got a hero drop after 40 hours of playing after beating The Hood in chapter 2. Guess I'll level up Ms. Marvel to be able to play as a non-starter character.

Finally got a hero drop after 40 hours of playing after beating The Hood in chapter 2. Guess I'll level up Ms. Marvel to be able to play as a non-starter character.

Should be much easier to level her now after the defense buff. Your best friends will be your fists with Ms Marvel

Scirrocco

Enjoy it. Shes superfun. Its great to just fly around the screen smashing everyone, the bladting any one left.

You got a Ms Marvel drop!?
Man, Im so fucking jealous. I havent got a single (new) hero drop yet and Ms Marvel is the one I want most.

I would love to know the actual/official/real hero or costume drop rate, as a percentage or decimal.
I'll soon be spending 200k to infuse a +18% special item find item, into my costume. I really hope it helps.
Also, is it worth donating stuff to level the crafter past level 10? Any real benefit?

Xevren

I would love to know the actual/official/real hero or costume drop rate, as a percentage or decimal.
I'll soon be spending 200k to infuse a +18% special item find item, into my costume. I really hope it helps.
Also, is it worth donating stuff to level the crafter past level 10? Any real benefit?

Pretty sure 14 is needed to upgrade rares to epics for lvl 36+, not sure what else beyond that. At 10 I stopped to get credits to put affix's and a core onto my costume. Think I'll start leveling it up again since I got what I wanted.

I just went through all of the red carrier endgame missions with a Colossus in about 30 minutes as a level 40 Cable. Colossus would run to the boss without taking any damage then I'd port in and absolutely destroy him with Cable's broken dps. It's a shame I didn't get one usable drop throughout the run though and I still haven't picked up a single hero.

Scirrocco

Can you give me a quick run down on Ms marvel, she looks fun. Thinking of buying one of the cheaper characters, was thinking ms marvel or Colossus.

Don't have time to write something long here, but Ms. marvels good because she has a lot of tools.

Early on she gets flying lunge, a short dash that stuns. Its good for CC and able to escape from mobs. Her basic attacks, mighty punch and photon punch, are both very good and synergerize with a the massive damage dealing move cosmic haymaker.

Later on she gets a short heal which is okay until you meet bosses that do energy damage, then its great. She has a bar that fills as she takes energy damage, and it give her moves new powers. And most of the endgame bosses like doom, mandarin and modok do energy damage. I love running into terminal bosses that have the energy barrier ability, because all it does is feed my meter.

She also has decent ranged options with different effects. one does a small aoe on impact, one piereces enemies, which can do a lot of damage if you line it up right, and also a channeled attack. Though really, just pick your favorite and stick with it because it would take too many points to buff them all and they don't really synergize.

All in all, shes just crazy fun. Crash into a large group, stun most of them, melee a few to death, dash out stunning more, and beaming the rest to death. if i hadn't bought her i probably would have quit the game by now.

Can you give me a quick run down on Ms marvel, she looks fun. Thinking of buying one of the cheaper characters, was thinking ms marvel or Colossus.

Your basic punches will be your main damage dealers until you get the Cosmic haymaker. Her kneestrike is a great range closer early on but its more of a 1 point wonder. From the builds I've read, people seem to say to stay away from her ranged attacks because it takes up too much spirit but for leveling (you can just respec later) I dumped alot of points into her default ranged skill. Ms Marvel is quite tanky even with early on (especially now that they've buffed defense) so don't be afraid of jumping into the mix. This is the build I am following (first reddit post). http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/1fv8oi/ms_marvel_end_game/

But now that defense is fixed, I'm thinking that much HP might not be necessary.

I found a pet today. Also ran with a great random group through the entire tier 2 green terminal and also 1 red terminal after someone found a key, then one of the guys invited us to his supergroup. How great is that? 4 random people do all that and connect in like an hour and a half. Playing games online can be great sometimes.

inky

Yea, it seems people have been getting more of them, and me, who got one before the patch haven't gotten any after. Funny how that works :p

Can you get heroes from Fortune Cards? The wording makes it seem like you can't. I'm sick of grinding them already so if you can't I'll probably tone it down a bit.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm not really feeling Jean, but it's probably because I've been all solo. I also don't understand the Psychokinetic Implosion love; sure it's a nice pull, but for DPS? The cast time is atrocious.

Cap still rocks. Will probably move on to Daredevil once I finish Jean's story mode boosts.

No hero drops but I've found some interesting artifacts.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well I got my first and second hero drops today! Too bad they were both Wolverine who I was playing at the time. Talk about just sapping the fun right out of you.

Can you get heroes from Fortune Cards? The wording makes it seem like you can't. I'm sick of grinding them already so if you can't I'll probably tone it down a bit.

Don't think so.

There is something with Rested XP that gets you even better chance to get good drops. Like if you wait till you have max rested xp and then the first boss you kill has a better chance. Also, if you play a new character and he has full rested XP and kills a boss, same thing. So if you have a couple extra starter characters you received from the quests and they haven't been played much, go play them with full rested xp and kill a boss. I dunno, it's complicated. Might be in the patch notes.

E: I remember reading a thread about it this morning on the official forums, going to see if i can find it.

FOUND IT! https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/35075-Rested-XP-really-helps

bY the way, the official forums are like battle.net forums, they complain about everything and just crap on the game a lot. Of course some of it is warranted but it's overboard. I was reading the Reddit board for MH and it was so much more relaxed and less whining.

E: One more thing, from the patch notes:

"The highest chance to get heroes or costumes is from Survival Challenge endgame bosses, who have a significantly higher drop rate (...) Endgame bosses now have a bonus chance to drop a hero token for the character you are currently playing, in addition to a random hero token".

inky

This is me posting so I can get an invite into the supergroup. Char name Ailike.

It says you are not online.

Reminder, you need to be online to be added, that's why I haven't invited everyone in the list yet, because we haven't been online at the same time. I'm still adding people to the list in the OP just so I can go through some names every now and then, but it is easier if when you are online you send me (or psychoraven, Tragicomedy, althreen) a tell to let us know you want in.

Ailike

Yeah, prolly popped on while I was eating or something.

So yeah. Couple things. Is the loading molassess slow for everyone? Or is my machine just not optimized for this mess? And also, still no clue what Scarlet Witch's meter does. Has it been said anywhere?

Xevren

Yeah, prolly popped on while I was eating or something.

So yeah. Couple things. Is the loading molassess slow for everyone? Or is my machine just not optimized for this mess? And also, still no clue what Scarlet Witch's meter does. Has it been said anywhere?

Scarlet's meter is worthless. You are able to use her ultimate when it fills, but never in my 47 levels with her has that happened.

As for the loading, it's super fast for me. Though a friend it takes awhile.

I'm not really feeling Jean, but it's probably because I've been all solo. I also don't understand the Psychokinetic Implosion love; sure it's a nice pull, but for DPS? The cast time is atrocious.

Cap still rocks. Will probably move on to Daredevil once I finish Jean's story mode boosts.

No hero drops but I've found some interesting artifacts.

I feel like all her DPS comes from Phoenix form, implosion + her fire AOE should work pretty well

my loading is slow as well. but listen is anyone going to be on tonight, because guild is kind of dead.

I'd play tonight but having too much fun playing Last of Us

Some people have all the luck. I've still yet to have a hero or costume or even artifact drop; even post patch... :/

Been playing for 50 hours now. A lot of that time with +18% special find...

GManDH

The highest chance to get heroes or costumes is from Survival Challenge endgame bosses, who have a significantly higher drop rate.

Endgame bosses now have a bonus chance to drop a hero token for the character you are currently playing, in addition to a random hero token. These can be used to upgrade your Ultimate Power

Tombstone Medal/Medallion- where can i get this??

the interesting patch notes, in case no one read them.

I'm trying to install the game on my macbook with crossover. Its installing now, slowly... I'll post again when it finishes.

Well, the normal version didn't work, so I installed windows Steam and am currently downloading the Steam version.

Also, can't believe they have Jug Colossus, Bag Spidey and Phoenix Clops. Those are freaking amazing.

Top Bottom