• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Scirrocco

Anyone know where screenshots are kept? There not in the steam game, users/mydocuments, or pasting into paint. I got my ms Marvel chase costume and i'd love to show it off.

Kurod

Banned
Anyone know where screenshots are kept? There not in the steam game, users/mydocuments, or pasting into paint. I got my ms Marvel chase costume and i'd love to show it off.

I don't think the game saves screenshots. What works for me is printscreen and paste in an image editing program like gimp or photoshop. I don't really use paint often so I don't know maybe it just doesn't work with that program.

I'd like to be added to the supergroup.

BogartandMinerva in game. I also have a buddy, GeneralBorn, that would like to be added.

We run Avengers green dailies at the moment and would like to try purple with a group.

Lvl 29 Colossus and lvl 30 Hawkeye.

Will be on throughout afternoon/evening (EDT).

Thanks and hope to see you guys in game.

GManDH

I'd like to be added to the supergroup.

BogartandMinerva in game. I also have a buddy, GeneralBorn, that would like to be added.

We run Avengers green dailies at the moment and would like to try purple with a group.

Lvl 29 Colossus and lvl 30 Hawkeye.

Will be on throughout afternoon/evening (EDT).

Thanks and hope to see you guys in game.

Is he a GAFfer?

GManDH

also in case anyone cares, with Marvel Heroes, you can put music on your computer and play as long as you turn off the volume settings on the game. makes the game more enjoyable in my opinion. you can play a CD while youre playing and not listen to the stupid SFX and the annoying songs in the game.

hamchan

Diablo type games are always good podcast games. I always mute the game from the volume mixer and put the Giant Bombcast, Idle Thumbs, This American Life or plenty of other podcasts I have to listen to.

Veggy

Man I've been away from this game the last few days thanks to The Last of Us, time to put some work in limbo

Scirrocco

I don't think the game saves screenshots. What works for me is printscreen and paste in an image editing program like gimp or photoshop. I don't really use paint often so I don't know maybe it just doesn't work with that program.

Weird. I tried that, but when i pasted in paint i just got a blank screen.

Moondrop

Banned
Can we talk about how great the voice-over work is in terms of fan service? My favorite so far:

"Magneto? Get serious. We used to beat you up on field trips." -Jean Grey

Can we talk about how great the voice-over work is in terms of fan service? My favorite so far:

"Magneto? Get serious. We used to beat you up on field trips." -Jean Grey
I forgot what the dialog was, but when I fought Magneto with Wanda she had some personalized quotes for him and for Stryker. I love things like that in these kinds of games.

I'm curious, does Collosus have any special quotes for Jugs or Spidey with his rogues gallery?

I'm trying to install the game on my macbook with crossover. Its installing now, slowly... I'll post again when it finishes.

Well, the normal version didn't work, so I installed windows Steam and am currently downloading the Steam version.

Also, can't believe they have Jug Colossus, Bag Spidey and Phoenix Clops. Those are freaking amazing.

Apparently my Macbook graphics card is not supported. Oh well, most other Steam games are working.

Some of those outfits are awesome. I havent seen any of them, in-game yet.
How do they even know what Emmas hidden costume is, when she hasn't been released yet?
Either way, she looks awesome.

246970_1246401384242_500_274.jpg

Today, when I was at the shops, I found its possible to buy pre-paid Steam cards. I bought $50 worth and ended up buying Ms. Marvel with her short hair outfit. So good. Grinding for it is just impossible.

There is something with Rested XP that gets you even better chance to get good drops. Like if you wait till you have max rested xp and then the first boss you kill has a better chance. Also, if you play a new character and he has full rested XP and kills a boss, same thing. So if you have a couple extra starter characters you received from the quests and they haven't been played much, go play them with full rested xp and kill a boss. I dunno, it's complicated. Might be in the patch notes.

E: I remember reading a thread about it this morning on the official forums, going to see if i can find it.

First 3 dailies can skip straight to boss easily with heroes that can fly, makes me wonder if can just beat taskmaster 10 times to test the theroy (would barely move the bar).. since bosses seem to have best drop rates.

edit: ran first 7 dailies quickly, nothing except a Unstable Molecule (seems to be classed as a special). Did get a ms marvel 15% special item, which shall keep

Some of those outfits are awesome. I havent seen any of them, in-game yet.
How do they even know what Emmas hidden costume is, when she hasn't been released yet?
Either way, she looks awesome.

246970_1246401384242_500_274.jpg

Today, when I was at the shops, I found its possible to buy pre-paid Steam cards. I bought $50 worth and ended up buying Ms. Marvel with her short hair outfit. So good. Grinding for it is just impossible.

Data mining, I'm guessing.

I'd feel extra pressure to buy a character if I found their chase outfit, just to show it off.
Im 99% sure I'll be buying Emma Frost at any rate. It would be nice if she was cheap though.

inky

I'm online and I'll try to be on for the better part of today if anyone still needs an invite. (you need to be online when I invite you, or it just spits back a message saying "unknown player").

"/t inky your message" is the command to send me a tell.

Moondrop

Banned
Daredevil has interesting potential, but too much health/spirit management for my tastes. However the visual effects on Radar Ping are amazing; any DD fan will appreciate it.

I'm disappointed that retcon devices and unstable molecules don't stack, and that unstable molecules don't go under the crafting tab (clearly labeled as ingredients). Hopefully these are bugs that will be fixed soon.

Kurod

Banned
So in two consecutive boss fights from dailies I get Spider-Man's Future Foundation costume then a Spider-Man token. This would be really awesome if I hadn't purchased the Wall-Crawler pack prior to release. I guess I at least got an upgrade to Spidey's ultimate.

KePoW

Banned
So in two consecutive boss fights from dailies I get Spider-Man's Future Foundation costume then a Spider-Man token. This would be really awesome if I hadn't purchased the Wall-Crawler pack prior to release. I guess I at least got an upgrade to Spidey's ultimate.

Yeah hero tokens have definitely been dropping much more since the patch. That should answer everyone's complaints about that subject

fleck0

I would enjoy an invite to the supergroup if there's still room. My id is - flecko.

I'm enjoying green terminal missions a lot more now with auto-group, but I have a nagging in the back of my head to try and play through a new hero and not get any deaths... I know I should just get my cable to 30 first

edit: this just dropped from avenger's tower level Doc Ock, so i guess my decision has been made

jKXrweP.jpg

Kurod

Banned
Another patch coming soon.

Hopefully some optimization fixes. Most likely a quick fix for Cable's psychic haze will be in there.

Edit: Woo! Got another character token. This time I got Daredevil dropped from Limbo2 Elektra (fitting).

Fuck, the official forums are depressing. Its a cesspool of insults and complaining. I really miss the beta forums. While not perfect, it wasnt like this.

Patch notes up aswell. Looks like Binary Ms Marvel and Outback Colossus werent chase costumes.

Goon Boon

Banned
They're nerfing limbo instead of buffing green/red dailies.

Well fuck. If they don't want people to level that fast, remove xp potions/boosts.

Lord Phol

MODOK medallion is getting nerfed :(

It kind of was too much IMO, but still it's gonna hurt D:.

Fuck, the official forums are depressing. Its a cesspool of insults and complaining. I really miss the beta forums. While not perfect, it wasnt like this.

I agree, can't stand that place now.

They're nerfing limbo instead of buffing green/red dailies.

Well fuck. If they don't want people to level that fast, remove xp potions/boosts.

Aye, while I do think all the endgame stuff should be about even in the exp department, nerfing Limbo to the ground isn't really the correct solution.

GManDH

Fixed an issue where using a bodyslider could potentially restart an instance.- LAME

crafting got a eh piece of good news.

Tobor

Man, if they added controller support, this game would be so much better.

I'm struggling using a mouse all day at work and then more at night.

pixelpushr

Neo Member
Man, if they added controller support, this game would be so much better.

I'm struggling using a mouse all day at work and then more at night.

Agreed, controller support would also open up the possibility of a console port, specifically for the PS4.

Top Bottom