• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Do you guys know how to view a complete list of commands/emotes?
I can type "/help" in the game, but it only gives me the tail-end of available commands. Ive tried "/help/p" etc but it doesnt help.
I dont think many people know about these as I hardly ever see people do them and there doesnt seem to be much info on Google about them.

Lord Phol

Shaking my damn head, how moronic. In late levels it slows to a crawl.

On the other hand though, the endgame doesn't start at level 60 like in WoW. It starts after you defeat doom. There's really no reason to get to level 60 except perhaps own lower leveled people in the unbalanced PvP. You don't get any new content unlocked and you stop gaining new powers at level 30.

It's a weird design choice.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Transfer Costume Affixes’ recipe now unlocks at crafter level 4 instead of 15.

So glad for this. I just did the 150k costume upgrade yesterday and this morning I got a costume drop I wanted to use but I only had level 10 crafting.

On the other hand though, the endgame doesn't start at level 60 like in WoW. It starts after you defeat doom. There's really no reason to get to level 60 except perhaps own lower leveled people in the unbalanced PvP. You don't get any new content unlocked and you stop gaining new powers at level 30.

They said they're adding nightmare and hell modes in the future. It was an issue of running out of time.

If you scroll up the chat you can see the rest of the commands when you type /help. Or try ESC, then check the HELP section. The commands should be listed there too.

Ah thanks. It seems pretty bloody obvious in hindsight :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153756302

So running out of room, outside of ironbuddy and the 50cent unstables from gambit cards, still nothing of value dropped.

Same here. Ive got 2 characters in the low 30's and one in her mid 20's.
Ive found no new heroes or costumes (I did find a Storm duplicate).

FAHtastic at Gamefaqs (dont laugh) posted an interesting thead about future content.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961607-marvel-heroes/66496911

He also posted the below link...

http://horadric.ru/blog/novax/datamayn-ne-anonsirovannye-personazhi-i-drugoe

Its in Russian or something similar.

marvel_dlya_novostey_9.jpg

RYtvwdI.png

5gkQGUJ.png

Scirrocco

Moonstone? Really? So many awesome marvel characters they skipped for.... her?

Insert AD her.gif

I doubt it's all real though

Itd be dull if they omly went with high profile characters. They need a.rocket racoon every now and then. But moonstone coupled.with juggs makes me wonder if they might be doing a thunderbolts/villaims package.

Veggy

Kinda sad about the limbo nerf, levelling up is taking so long now. Lvl 44 on Jean and Limbo only gives 2 bars of exp now

Moondrop

Banned
Significant change to Cap's quick block- gone are the offensive buff and red shield effect for subsequent hits; in are a damage reduction stat and a permanent big white bubble around the torso.

I was prepared to hate it, but it seems even more effective than before. I just face-tanked tier1 green Doom using only two health packs. I'll test it in tougher waters next. Visual effect is amateurish though; likely a placeholder.

Also, got my first hero drop: Storm. She's pretty amazing early on; Elusive Blast alone puts her ahead of Jean. Love the way the lightning comes down from the sky.

goatface

Neo Member
Ha ha, nerfing survival challenge to make endgame even slower what are they thinking.

the best theory i have read about it, they want to stall mid-levels till they can release some new content, which will most likely will not be free at least at release.

Apparently, I bought my Premium Pack about 13 hours too late to qualify for the compensation they're giving out for the botched early access.

Xevren

After playing since the patch went up, the nerf to xp is noticeable, but overall it's not so bad now. You can just keep running it and since you actually get in on wave 1 now it's pretty nice. Only have to wait like 4-5 minutes after you're done running it so I'm pretty happy.

inky

the best theory i have read about it, they want to stall mid-levels till they can release some new content, which will most likely will not be free at least at release.

What I've heard is that all content will be free always. They might change their mind on this, but that was the idea.

12 hour D3 maintenance today got me looking at this thread again. Seems like they aren't in a hurry to fix the problems of the game. Increasing hero drop rates is cool but nerfing xp gain in the already non-existent endgame is just baffling. Hate to be cynical but it to me it looks like a "buy xp boosts please" message.

Itd be dull if they omly went with high profile characters. They need a.rocket racoon every now and then. But moonstone coupled.with juggs makes me wonder if they might be doing a thunderbolts/villaims package.

I won't mind if they speed up release speed on the new heroes. Hopefully it's not one a month type of deal.

I've gotten two hero drops in just over 30 hours... both of which were Daredevil -- while I was playing Daredevil.

So I have a Level 3 useless ultimate now.

lol. I love how you worded that.
I had my second character drop tonight (after about 80-ish hours of play).
First I got Storm (who I already had) then I got Scarlet Witch (who I already had too).
Still, getting duplicates gives me some hope for a new character.

Also, random Marvel pic.
Even with a healing factor, imagine how much Wolverines arm must hurt.
Fried by the Sentinel maybe?

01picon.jpg

12 hour D3 maintenance today got me looking at this thread again. Seems like they aren't in a hurry to fix the problems of the game. Increasing hero drop rates is cool but nerfing xp gain in the already non-existent endgame is just baffling. Hate to be cynical but it to me it looks like a "buy xp boosts please" message.

Xp boosts don't help it much, honestly.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
To be fair the amount of xp you got from limbo (at least at the levels i played it) made xp boosts pretty useless. Was gaining 2 levels by just running with the group at some points.

Xevren

To be fair the amount of xp you got from limbo (at least at the levels i played it) made xp boosts pretty useless. Was gaining 2 levels by just running with the group at some points.

Limbo is like that until you get to the high 30's/early 40's. Really starts to drag from then on out. It's really bad because late game there just isn't a lot of options for the most part to get xp.

Thanks for the group tonight peoples, was fun. Lost track of time and tired as hell.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Limbo is like that until you get to the high 30's/early 40's. Really starts to drag from then on out. It's really bad because late game there just isn't a lot of options for the most part to get xp.

Thanks for the group tonight peoples, was fun. Lost track of time and tired as hell.
Even tier 3 limbo? And then theres cow level. Admittedly my highest character is only 42the since i like to switch around and have every character.

I play tested Captain's Quick Block. It's better than it was before. If you max it out and stack defense, you can once again be invincible.

I'm wondering what sort of testing Gaz is doing prior to releasing these "fixes."

Xevren

Even tier 3 limbo? And then theres cow level. Admittedly my highest character is only 42the since i like to switch around and have every character.

Tier 3 limbo gives me about a bar per run (no rested). That was at 49, haven't played it since I got 50 yet though. It's already green to me now, so in a couple levels I won't even be able to use that for xp. I don't have the cow level recipe or even know anyone that has got it so running that really isn't an option, and with the bodysliding fix for it running it for xp really isn't that viable.

shink

I just started this yesterday with Storm, which I quite enjoy actually.
From a couple pages back it seems hero drops are rare, even the starter ones? I got Scarlet Witch maybe 30 minutes in or is that normal

Xevren

I just started this yesterday with Storm, which I quite enjoy actually.
From a couple pages back it seems hero drops are rare, even the starter ones? I got Scarlet Witch maybe 30 minutes in or is that normal

You get one after beating the prologue (green goblin) and for finishing the story. Only ones you get from those are from the starters btw. If you happen to get one drop besides those then happy days!

Lord Phol

Gonna quote myself. Why is everyone in such a hurry to get to level 60? If you are not enjoying the game at 25-59 you're most likely not gonna enjoy it at 60 either. You'll be doing the exact same thing but instead of gaining levels and power points you'll focus more on loot.

Gonna quote myself. Why is everyone in such a hurry to get to level 60? If you are not enjoying the game at 25-59 you're most likely not gonna enjoy it at 60 either. You'll be doing the exact same thing but instead of gaining levels and power points you'll focus more on loot.

Im not in a hurry, myself. Im comfortable where I am now, with Ms Marvel (mid-late 20's).
I guess some people just like feeling powerful or something?

shink

You get one after beating the prologue (green goblin) and for finishing the story. Only ones you get from those are from the starters btw. If you happen to get one drop besides those then happy days!
Ah gotcha thanks! I'm happy with Storm anyway luckily.

Yea not understanding the purpose of getting to max in this game, it seems pointless right now and kinda would just turn off the leveling experience anyways which is main reason to play atm. It's not like a MMORPG where a bunch of new content and stuff opens up when you hit max lvl.

ElyrionX

Firing this up now. Quick question, I've always played mages or magic ranged-based character in ARPGs. Should I go Scarlet Witch or Storm?

Top Bottom