• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

Gonna quote myself. Why is everyone in such a hurry to get to level 60? If you are not enjoying the game at 25-59 you're most likely not gonna enjoy it at 60 either. You'll be doing the exact same thing but instead of gaining levels and power points you'll focus more on loot.

I like who I'm playing as? I happen to be a high level so I just keep on going. Who said I'm not having fun either anyway, I totally am. I love playing as Scarlet Witch and it's the main reason I keep playing as her. Just wish I had more options in terms of xp, because as is I have only a couple options and in a couple levels I will only have one.

I got my first card drop tonight. Then, the card gave me Thors Destroyer Armor. Now, I will have to consider buying Thor, as I wouldnt expect to get him, as a random drop.
Also, why is this costume not listed in the store?

inky

Because there are 5 Fortune Card exclusive costumes, and that is on of them. It says so on the card description.

I also got it from a card, but I've never liked it that much.

theRizzle

Can I get added to the supergroup if I'm not already? (therizzle)

I've got a mid 20's Punisher and will be starting either Thing or Scarlet Witch soon

usea

I never read a darkhawk issue, but I saw the covers in the comic store and thought he was cool looking. Also had some of his cards (marvel masterpiece, early 90s series cards etc). I was more of a card collector and tv show watcher than a comic reader.

memories:
detail.jpg

011DarkHawk.jpg

926532-darkhawk_1.jpg

I was screwing around in the Dinosaur Jungle with my lvl 31 char, just trying to get some items to sell (as I need 200k for my costume upgrade) and I got an artifact AND a retcon from the same group of scrubby tribesmen!
They didnt even have a yellow or blue aura. I was shocked, as I wasnt expecting to get any decent loot there. I assumed the large difference between our levels would stop me getting anything decent.

GManDH

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST.....this was in the marvel forum.

Limbo changes and endgame goals

We've been reading all your feedback and concerns about Limbo and changes to the overall endgame. I spoke with the dev team and wanted to try and give you more insight.

Here's the first and foremost thing that's important to understand. The leveling/XP curve in Marvel Heroes is closer to traditional action RPGs, than traditional MMOs. We do not expect every player to hit the level cap of 60. In fact, we expect it to be a rare occurrence. For most people, reaching 50 should be more than enough play-time (for many, 30 will be just fine). If you hit 60, you have essentially out-leveled the game. You've exhausted everything.

We realize this is a big shift in thinking for many of you, especially if you've played a lot of other MMOs. You expect the game to guide you to the level cap, and often that the endgame should 'start' when you reach that cap. For Marvel Heroes, endgame begins when you finish the story. We want our endgame to be fun, absolutely, but it's essentially still catering to the action RPG fan - with, we hope, a certain amount of MMO difference included.

Let's talk about Limbo in that context. Limbo has been a topic of discussion in the community and with the designers here for a while. We saw the same play patterns you did:

- You would join a Limbo challenge in progress, only to find that there were few other players there, and most of the early waves were gone. Result: you had an extremely tough boss fight with few people.

- You would join a Limbo challenge at the beginning, but then many people would leave before it was over to 'catch the next one' - as Limbo takes about 25m to play, and it was resetting at 20m.

We needed to solve these issues. The patch should help - by increasing the reset time to 30m, thus discouraging players from leaving early, and by preventing people from joining a late-stage (post wave 3) Limbo challenge in progress. We hope as a result, the number of times you end up in a 'broken' Limbo challenge should decrease significantly.

Ah, but why were people playing Limbo in the first place? The XP, of course. And here's the issue we know is hardest to deal with.

Yes, we did reduce the experience bonus in Limbo "to be more in line with other endgame modes". That quoted part is the primary reason. Limbo was giving way too much experience in comparison with Daily Missions and Group Challenges. You would be a 'total n00b' to play anything other than Limbo if you're going purely for XP, right? As a result, you'd burn out playing the same mode over and over - which could be a really bad experience with the issues listed above.

We want people to enjoy the endgame as a whole, and not to feel turned off from playing any of the different modes because one mode is 'the only choice'. Now, even post-patch, Limbo does remain the best mode to play if you're just after XP. Is that the plan forever and ever? No - more on that below.

We've heard the argument we should "just raise the XP in all the other modes instead of lowering Limbo". The reason why we're not is our overall goal - to have a leveling curve, especially post-30, like an action RPG. We're not trying to prevent you getting to level cap, but our belief is that it should be tough. That philosophy isn't going to change. (The team is still reviewing the XP gain in the other endgame modes though, and there may be changes there in future. And no - our aim here was not to force anyone into buying boosts. An easy dig, but it's not true. The leveling curve is modeled around not needing boosts.)

Endgame should allow you to progress and have fun doing it, and not be about repeating the same Survival Challenge forever, especially when it's advantageous to game the system. We hope these changes, while they might seem a little harsh, encourage everyone to play a variety of endgame modes.

Having said all this, we know you want more from endgame, and the development team is working on bringing it to you. In design and production now are many things you've asked for, including additional endgame modes, improved PvP and perhaps the most desired change of all... difficulty modes. (Including, we hope, a 'hardcore' mode too.) More details on those future plans soon - some are a way out, but that's where we're headed.

I hope this gives you a bit more insight; we're working on ways to talk more on this, and want to hear more constructive feedback - we're all listening.

Kurod

Banned
I never read a darkhawk issue, but I saw the covers in the comic store and thought he was cool looking. Also had some of his cards (marvel masterpiece, early 90s series cards etc). I was more of a card collector and tv show watcher than a comic reader.

memories:

Never read his comics either but his design reminds me a lot of the Silverhawks

Y2wZDQ1.jpg

inky

I was such a big fan of the Silverhawks, and it is funny you mention them, when I was thinking about them today. Now I know what planted them subliminally into my head hehe.

Kurod

Banned
This game...this game. I just got into a group for t2 subterannea when I poof back to the log in screen and can't get back in. I've been having so many issues lately I'm thinking of just putting this game on the back-burner for awhile.

and perhaps the most desired change of all... difficulty modes.
This needs to be their unquestionable #1 priority.

I really enjoyed playing the story mode because the areas were populated with other people, stuff was happening dynamically including event bosses, it actually felt MMO-ish. Now what do I do? Solo the 9 green terminals for 9 cube shards as fast as I can and call it a day because story mode missions are too low level. It's terrible and really makes you wonder why the guy who was a key part in making D2, a game with 3 difficulty levels, omitted such a critical feature in his new game. This game should still be in beta. They just shouldn't have launched without multiple diff modes. It bothers me because it was a lot of fun roaming around these huge, sprawling areas and seeing other heroes run around, it was great. Now the game is gonna die unless they get this out quick.

I miss all of those environments... remember the city environment? Sinister's dinosaur island? the docks area? What do we have now, a bunch of shitty linear missions you just do for the cube shards + some survival challenges.

I really enjoyed playing the story mode because the areas were populated with other people, stuff was happening dynamically including event bosses, it actually felt MMO-ish. Now what do I do? Solo the 9 green terminals for 9 cube shards as fast as I can and call it a day because story mode missions are too low level. It's terrible and really makes you wonder why the guy who was a key part in making D2, a game with 3 difficulty levels, omitted such a critical feature in his new game. This game should still be in beta. They just shouldn't have launched without multiple diff modes. It bothers me because it was a lot of fun roaming around these huge, sprawling areas and seeing other heroes run around, it was great. Now the game is gonna die unless they get this out quick.

I miss all of those environments... remember the city environment? Sinister's dinosaur island? the docks area? What do we have now, a bunch of shitty linear missions you just do for the cube shards + some survival challenges.

Yea, it's like they can't agree on how their game is supposed to be played. The game design suggests they want you to replay it with different characters, yet their monetization model suggests you buy your favorite character and stick with them.

vazel

Banned
I got a Phoenix feather artifact which revives me from death with 1600 health. The tooltip says it only has a 1-minute cooldown. Seems too good to be true. I did some quick testing and it does seem to work. One annoying issue though is there is no special effect or audio cue when the artifact is activated(you have to keep looking at your HP).

I'm really hooked on this game even though it has some annoying issues. I really hope we get Marvel 1602 costumes. I'd buy those without hesitation even with the exorbitant pricing in this game.

Edit: Phoenix feather artifact is on a 10-minute cooldown. The tooltip is incorrect about it being only 1-minute.

I agree totally.
I dont understand why it would be so difficult to just have a separate version of all of the open areas (docks, bamboo forest, dino jungle etc) with higher level enemies, so higher level players can play around in them.

Publisher likely gave them the push to put it out there and to start making money, releasing f2p games in beta state is the norm now and missing features. It probably does more harm than good but to them it probably doesn't matter as the publisher is seeing a bunch of money flow in. They just aren't calling it an open beta like most everyone else calls their games.

GManDH

Remember guys marvel is owned by......DISNEY. a company known for rolling things out too early and then having to fix them. i think in due time everything will get taken care of and this game will get significantly better. by the way, the game has only officially been out for 2 weeks and 2 days. its doing pretty damn good. WoW was a disaster its first month.

goatface

Neo Member
WoW had the base to weather bad press and the money to keep people signing on. As far as i can tell, MH had a very soft start.
The offical form is an uncontrolled cesspool of haters and white knight so can not really tell much there, but just doesn't see the activity on other boards like most games.
like many others i know, going to shelf this game for maybe the rest of the year and see how it does.
if they are smart they would spend the next 4 months getting the game in the best shape they can and do a full ad blitz around the thor movie.

Had Cyclops classic costume and a retcon device drop within 5 minutes of each other on random trash guys while doing chapter 4 with Colossus.

WoW had the base to weather bad press and the money to keep people signing on. As far as i can tell, MH had a very soft start.
The offical form is an uncontrolled cesspool of haters and white knight so can not really tell much there, but just doesn't see the activity on other boards like most games.
like many others i know, going to shelf this game for maybe the rest of the year and see how it does.
if they are smart they would spend the next 4 months getting the game in the best shape they can and do a full ad blitz around the thor movie.

If they did character sales to tie in with movies, as well as movie tie in costumes, only available for a short time, I feel they could make a bunch of money.

Aside from that, the biggest thing they need is higher difficulties. I would also love the ability to buy more stash space with in game currency, even if it was around 1 million credits. Just knowing that I could get more would make me grind it.

Also, better gear scaling for levels 40+...

Moondrop

Banned
Got my first hero drop by killing Doom.... and it's Hawkeye. :(

Now I have 4 starter heroes.

Me too (Storm). Try to remember that Hawkeye and Storm are widely seen among those with symbols by their names. ;)

Gear question: when upgrading gear via crafting, there is a serious price jump above level 24. However, there seems to be no improvement in the quality of the mods or stats on weapons or gear by level 35. Does this ever get better, or should I go back to the tier1 terminals and try to farm more level 24 gear?

GManDH

newest non-reply post from Gaz......

Re: Limbo changes and endgame goals

Okay, caught up. I'm about to spread the word on the best posts and general feel of your feedback.

I'd like to re-iterate / explain a few things.

On the subject of feedback generally. If we post a thread asking for feedback, we're going to read said thread and gather feedback from it. If we don't post in a thread, that's not an indication that we're ignoring it. Please don't presume that. We read all of the forums (and many of the dev team read as well) and we want to be responsive to community feedback.

Regarding the overall 'endgame philosophy' - which some of you have taken as a declaration that nothing will change. As I said, the studio philosophy (It should take time to level cap) isn't likely to change radically. However, the game itself can and will change. We're open to feedback and know things must evolve.

Many things to take away from your feedback but to repeat some earlier stuff:

- Itemization is being worked on. Going to get more detail and hopefully explain more.
- More endgame content is coming - to let you get to level cap with more to do.
- More story content is coming - it's further out than endgame modes, but work has started.
- Difficulty modes are being planned too.
- Discussions are happening about XP gains for other endgame modes.

There's been some excellent feedback in here - and obviously, some upset and venting posts. Thanks for contributing, however you did. It all helps to get a message across.

I'll be hopping out of this thread for now and reading elsewhere, but thank you for giving us feedback - it's being acted on.

Xevren

I hope something comes out that's similar to how the story chapters work. I love the constant respawning mobs out in the story chapters and would love that kind of open play with other players but at a higher level.

vazel

Banned
I really hope this happens. Marvel 1602 is being rereleased later this year in a 10th-anniversary hardcover edition. That would be the perfect time to release the costumes.

IiumggA.png

GManDH

POST BY NON-Gaz followed by reply from Gaz

1+Credit drop rates. With the current credit drop values and the crafting costs, there's an insane imbalance. Players don't want to be farming for money, they want to be farming for loot and the money should be a bonus. High crafting costs (cores - 220k) also deter players from build diversity. Instead of dropping a core on a different costume to try out it's functioanlity, i'll have to meticulous plan things ahead of time instead of being free to do as i'd like on a whim.

2+Different daily quest items for Xaviers & SHIELD HQ. Cubes are fine with avengers towers, but players would like to farm different tier terminals for different rewards. It also gives new players who just hit end game more game discovery "juice." Different daily rewards go hand in hand with the new quest items. A perfect example would be (New Quest Item)x10 for a cosmic key in Xavier's.

3+More ultimate powers (at least 3). One from each tree for now would suffice.

4+Tier milestones for abilities. Every 5 points invested in an ability unlocks a new tier. A tier rewards an attribute specifically for that ability. Attack speed, Crit are some extremely basic ones. More advanced ones could be proccing a shield that absorbs 200 damage upon reaching critical life or piercing the enemies defense by 15% for 2 seconds upon crit. This should give players who hate grinding motivation to level up as well as opening more doors to build experimentation as currently you can only invest a maximum of 20 points into an ability. Four tiers total.

5+Character will sometimes stop activating his skills (even if the mouse button is held down) after getting CC'd. Fix it so upon exiting the duration of the CC, the character will stil continue to activate the skill with the corresponding key press (as long as it fulfills the criteria of being held down).

6+A bodyslider that i can use whenever i like. I need to go back to town for random reasons all the time. A duration is taking away from that area of gameplay. Do what you have to do to give the players the freedom of going back to town as he/she pleases, even if it involves town portal scrolls in our inventory.

7+Stacking crafting mats, medkits, etc. All the essentials i have in my 6 stash tabs are beginning to feel like a waste of space considering i'm still trying to find a daily use for them.

8+The ability to craft normal (white) and magic (green) into something better. I believe in the "everything has a use" mantra. Otherwise, it's just a waste of screen estate.

9+The ability to craft multiples of a crafter recipe as long as you have the appropriate number of materials required in your inventory & stash.

10+Giving the crafter a small amount of exp upon crafting something successfully. Why? It may be small but it feels like a rewarding bonus. Two birds one stone here.

11+Separate hotkeys for medkits, ultimate powers.

12+More stash tabs and the ability to buy more inventory tabs. (Limbo runs. You know what i'm talking about).

13+Add some sort of functionality to let players reset an instance instead of party, leave party. In diablo 2 all we had to do was create a new game, but that obviously isn't possible in this game. An idea would be right clicking the entrance to an instance that would prompt an alert with a yes/cancel.

14+A better colored chat system. Global chat looks dull. Overall, a better chat system. No one is aware of what global, say, yell, etc is. A better colored chat system would help articulate those categories. Also the ability to click on someone's name in chat to PM them.

15+Something that adds to the value of character uniqueness. Seeing multiples of a superhero is one of the main factors that are plaguing prospective players. So far the visual effects from artifacts are nice, but we need something else

16+Optimization. This game seems to be using up a lot of CPU resources instead of finding a good balance between GPU & CPU. As a result, my laptop's fans are always on full blast trying to cool the 85-90c temps my cores are outputting. Allow logical cores to be accessed. (played on 1280x720, windowed, low, vsync)

17+Advanced video options. I want more control on what i see on my screen instead of presets (slider bar). Very self explanatory. It's ubiquitous in nearly all current gen PC games. Marvel Heroes needs to follow suit.

18+Mini health bars for enemies

19+(insert number here) Cosmic Cubes for a new superhero of your choice. Invest a lot of time into the game to reap rewards. After awhile, the general cognitive process of a gamer will be these 10 daily green terminals a day just isn't cutting it! And they'll pull out their wallet and shell out cash for a new superhero.

20+Trading in duplicate costumes for more vendor experience or something to the likes.

21+Remove "flying" abilities from the skill tree and make it automatically learned at level 10. Players endgame currently don't even use it.

22+Higher tier crafting materials should be worth the XP/Credits of the base.
(Simple = 5 XP/Credits
Primitive = 15 XP/Credits (5 XP/Credits x 3 Simple)
Ordinary = 45 XP/Credits (15 XP/Credits x 3 Primitive) or (5 XP/Credits x 9 Simple)
Fundamental = 135 XP/Credits (45 XP/Credits x 3 Ordinary) or (5 XP/Credits x 27 Simple)
Essential = 405 XP/Credits (135 XP/Credits x 3 Fundamental) or (5 XP/Credits x 81 Simple))

23+Remove duplicate hero/costume drops. Make ultimates level up every other level automatically. Add end game content to unlock more points to upgrade ultimate to 20.

24+Change the loading screen sound. Elevator music is more soothing than it.

25+Option to auto ignore guild invites

26+Countdown timer next to green terminal dailies (similar to limbo) to track reset times more efficiently

27+Better boss death visuals.

28+ Special item drops such as cosmic keys, retcons, fortune cards should emite a Ray of Light FX like hero drops do. (@Doommarine)

GAZ
I hope you don't mind, I edited your post to include numbers because they're easier to reference. Although I admit, it does mean people will have to refer back to it... aaaanyway - very interesting suggestions. Some specific responses on stuff I know about:

3) Improvements to Ultimate Powers are likely. 'More powers' maybe not soon, but maybe someday.

7) Stacking crafting mats is coming.

11) I believe more keybinding options are coming.

15) Heard something very interesting regarding that today. I'm being coy because it's a little way from being implemented but 'look more unique' is being discussed.

16) We definitely want to optimize further.

17) I'll track that down.

19) Hmm

24) Hah! I'll pass that along.

There's a lot of interesting in here. I'll try and get some developers to peek in here too and maybe do a similar list.

GManDH

SORRY FOR MORE POSTS....but here is to show that pricing will change.

Hello everyone! Wanted to drop in on this post as I have spoken about pricing elsewhere, but wanted to officially touch on it here.

We've had some excellent discussions internally and I think - well, hope I guess - that we will be making changes many of you can get behind. We won't please all of you, I know that, but we're thinking hard, discussing vociferously and I think we'll have some statements before too long. David's been in this thread and he and I have talked a lot about the subject.

As Ryolnir said above, we don't create these threads if we don't want feedback... we do. We asked and you delivered, so thank you, one and all, for your opinions.

Although I must say, extra special thanks to S117 for this, which... I just love. And may even frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraOneOneSeven View Post
Ho powerful mortals of midgard, the god of thunder beseeches thee. Specifically those who posses the power to lift the hammer of balance and development, may they live long and fix many an exploit.

The lord of thunder understands thy complaints and realizes not everyone posses the treasures of Asgard and the nine realms. Prices doth be too much for thee also trouble the son of Odin. The Odinson realizes Gaz and their idea to follow Riot in their pricing. But for the model shown by Riot hath sales and reductions on that which they sell. It mayhaps to benefit Gaz by following that. The difference being that everything Riot offers may yet be obtained by a steady source of ingame currency and only that which Riot's champions wear truly cost wealth. Alas, the god of thunder must frown, as Gaz does not follow this. Indeed, the only way to find such a hero worthy of the universe it lies in, is by chance. A small chance and that doth not guarantee any pick of a champion, only one at random.

I give thee this, say thou were to enter into Valhalla and were interested in the many delights such as maidens. However, thou are not given the one that thou desires, and are instead set to share thy bed randomly. And it is then decreed for thee that thy bedfellow is The Thing. The Odinson has nothing against the great ally and friend that is Benjamin Grimm, but the Odinson would far rather prefer the lovely Jean Grey who frequents in and out of Valhalla every few years. Truly having to spend a night with The Thing might turn one away from Valhalla, and find some other afterlife to dwell in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SORRY FOR MORE POSTS....but here is to show that pricing will change.

Hello everyone! Wanted to drop in on this post as I have spoken about pricing elsewhere, but wanted to officially touch on it here.

We've had some excellent discussions internally and I think - well, hope I guess - that we will be making changes many of you can get behind. We won't please all of you, I know that, but we're thinking hard, discussing vociferously and I think we'll have some statements before too long. David's been in this thread and he and I have talked a lot about the subject.

As Ryolnir said above, we don't create these threads if we don't want feedback... we do. We asked and you delivered, so thank you, one and all, for your opinions.

Although I must say, extra special thanks to S117 for this, which... I just love. And may even frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraOneOneSeven View Post
Ho powerful mortals of midgard, the god of thunder beseeches thee. Specifically those who posses the power to lift the hammer of balance and development, may they live long and fix many an exploit.

The lord of thunder understands thy complaints and realizes not everyone posses the treasures of Asgard and the nine realms. Prices doth be too much for thee also trouble the son of Odin. The Odinson realizes Gaz and their idea to follow Riot in their pricing. But for the model shown by Riot hath sales and reductions on that which they sell. It mayhaps to benefit Gaz by following that. The difference being that everything Riot offers may yet be obtained by a steady source of ingame currency and only that which Riot's champions wear truly cost wealth. Alas, the god of thunder must frown, as Gaz does not follow this. Indeed, the only way to find such a hero worthy of the universe it lies in, is by chance. A small chance and that doth not guarantee any pick of a champion, only one at random.

I give thee this, say thou were to enter into Valhalla and were interested in the many delights such as maidens. However, thou are not given the one that thou desires, and are instead set to share thy bed randomly. And it is then decreed for thee that thy bedfellow is The Thing. The Odinson has nothing against the great ally and friend that is Benjamin Grimm, but the Odinson would far rather prefer the lovely Jean Grey who frequents in and out of Valhalla every few years. Truly having to spend a night with The Thing might turn one away from Valhalla, and find some other afterlife to dwell in.
I... don't know how to translate this.

I... don't know how to translate this.

You don't. The Odinson doth spoketh.

(I'm 98% certain you are joking, but here ya go.)
Hey dev's; random guy here, fix your stuff.

The lord of thunder understands thy complaints and realizes not everyone posses the treasures of Asgard and the nine realms. Prices doth be too much for thee also trouble the son of Odin.
Not everyone has money, you're prices are high.

The Odinson realizes Gaz and their idea to follow Riot in their pricing. But for the model shown by Riot hath sales and reductions on that which they sell. It mayhaps to benefit Gaz by following that. The difference being that everything Riot offers may yet be obtained by a steady source of ingame currency and only that which Riot's champions wear truly cost wealth. Alas, the god of thunder must frown, as Gaz does not follow this. Indeed, the only way to find such a hero worthy of the universe it lies in, is by chance. A small chance and that doth not guarantee any pick of a champion, only one at random.
I love League of Legends, and the idea of their prices! The best part about their system, I can buy characters with freely obtainable currency! Only costumes cost actual money! You should follow this system too, Gaz! Also, drops of random heroes are garbage! Let me choose my drop!(I guess that's what he meant.)

I give thee this, say thou were to enter into Valhalla and were interested in the many delights such as maidens. However, thou are not given the one that thou desires, and are instead set to share thy bed randomly. And it is then decreed for thee that thy bedfellow is The Thing. The Odinson has nothing against the great ally and friend that is Benjamin Grimm, but the Odinson would far rather prefer the lovely Jean Grey who frequents in and out of Valhalla every few years.
If I were to choose to lay with someone as man and woman, I would choose Phoenix. Cosmic Forces beat all others. Plus Jean stops by occasionally and Thor has accustomed himself to a womans touch.
(Or...
#1 Let players choose their 2 free characters.
#2 For 2 free characters, add in every purchasable character, not just free starters.

Truly having to spend a night with The Thing might turn one away from Valhalla, and find some other afterlife to dwell in.
Thor loves The Thing. Especially when he hits up the bars incognito. Cause people don't recognize rock hands.

ucdawg12

thanks for those updates GMan, totally missed them on the main forums

edit: what does everyone think of iron man's movement animation? i dunno about it, it just seems weird to see iron man "running" like i guess i would imagine him hovering slightly or something, or if he has to run, a better animation would be better. kind of looks just odd to me.

edit: what does everyone think of iron man's movement animation? i dunno about it, it just seems weird to see iron man "running" like i guess i would imagine him hovering slightly or something, or if he has to run, a better animation would be better. kind of looks just odd to me.

This is the main reason I don't play as Iron Man. I can't think of a single instance where Iron Man is running instead of flying, plus the animation itself just looks off, like he's jogging in place.

GManDH

PATCH NOTES

Content Changes

Crafting Changes

New Crafting Recipe: Swap Costume Affixes (Crafting Vendor Rank 4)
This recipe allows you to swap all affixes between two different costumes - useful for when you buy a new costume and want swap all your affixes and core onto that costume. This recipe replaces the Transfer Costume Affixes recipe, and upgrades the old recipe which transferred affixes from 1 costume to a new costume. This recipe also swaps the cores and visual affixes.

Bug Fixes

Ultimate Pack exclusive costumes from crafting recipes: Fixed an issue where some players received Ultimate Pack exclusive costumes from a rank 20 crafting recipe. These costumes can no longer be crafted. All the exclusive costumes have been replaced with a random, non-exclusive costume with the same affixes. (This applies whether the costume is equipped, in an inventory or in a STASH.)
Duplicate hero tokens from early iterations of Doctor Doom: If you have a special hero token currently in your inventory that can only be used to unlock a hero you already own, upon login it will be transformed into a Gift Box which contains a Starter Hero you do not have unlocked. If you have unlocked all the Starter Heroes then it will contain a Fortune Card. (This fix should only apply to players who gained a duplicate token after June 4th.)
Bovine Sector: Players can now only enter the Bovine Sector once per consumable item, and the portal will go away when the player leaves the Bovine Sector.

UI Fixes

The Max Defense Reduction stat is now properly displayed on the character sheet.
The tooltip for Bonus XP on the Character Sheet stats tab has been corrected.

Boss Fixes

Fixed an issue where the ‘Freezing’ affix effect would activate inappropriately or too early for many boss powers.
Fixed Rhino, Lady Deathstrike, Kingpin, and Juggernaut not receiving charm resistance while charging.
Magneto: Will once again chase his target during Metal Storm.
Mandarin: Ice Ring will no longer immobilize targets (unless they remain in the AOE long enough to be stunned).
Wizard: Fixed an issue where Wizard's Triple Disc throw had all three discs on top of each other instead of spread out at 30 degree angles.

Hero / Power Fixes

Cable - Searing Shot: Fixed an issue where visual effects when hitting enemies were not seen.
Captain America – Aggressive Shout: Fixed an issue where the power had both a 10 second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) buff, and only one of them was being shown.
Daredevil: Radar Sense now properly dodges incoming skillshots, and displays the correct chance on its tooltip.
Iron Man: Synergies for Channeled Repulsors have been fixed.
Spider-Man: Re-enabled animations for the /wave and /showoff emotes for Spider-Man's Symbiote costume.

Item / Pet Fixes

Creatures summoned by artifacts and medals, such as a Moloid Leaper and Sinister Clones, are now summoned at the level of the item instead of at level 1.
Pets are no longer targeted by bouncing attacks.
Madame Hydra Medal: Fixed an issue where the medal would grant invulnerability to nearby orbs as well as players.
Doctor Doom Medal: Fixed an issue stopping hero movement when its fear effect activates.
Mole Man Medal: Moloid Leapers summoned by the medal now attack enemies more frequently.

Audio Fixes

Fixed an issue where sound could be lost intermittently after changing locations.

In-Game Store Fixes

When buying Gs, the United States state selection list can now be scrolled past ‘Tennessee’ as intended.
G purchases should now correctly display in supported local currencies at checkout.

Known Major Issues

French and German localization is almost, but not entirely complete; some English text may be found.
Frame rate may drop when in the Wretched Slum location, Hell's Kitchen, or Upper East Side.
Powers that deal damage over time currently cannot score critical hits.

Missions

The Army Base sewer Treasure Room has no Treasure Chest.
Some of the Missile Silo Treasure Rooms have no enemies.

Bosses

Changing locations (regions) during Dr. Doom’s cinematic sequences or during his death animation will cause the player’s hero to be unable to move.
Dr Doom may become invisible upon reentering his boss room after being defeated.
Mandarin: Movement speed debuff and fire DoT powers can sometimes remain in effect until you are defeated, switch heroes, or log out.

UI and In-Game Store

Ms. Marvel Binary costume is incorrectly listed as Enhanced.

Endgame
Avenger’s Mansion
o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Mini Map appears to be unpopulated and shows nothing.

Xavier’s School/SHIELD Helicarrier:
o Green Daily – Castle Doom – Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.
o Green Daily – Castle Doom - Doctor Doom’s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.
Limbo: If Sabretooth spawns as the end boss in Limbo, he sometimes stops moving and attacking half way through the battle.

Items/Artifacts

Phoenix Feather: There is no UI indication on cooldown timer.
Latverian Regalia: Pets do not do extra damage when artifact is equipped, as intended.
Green Goblin Medal: Green Goblin Medal poison cloud is invisible.
Vita-Ray Projector: There is no dodge chance bonus given on critical hit.

Heroes

Flight powers can get locked when flying over food trucks.
Teleporting to a party member while flying may cause the player to no longer deal damage to enemies when performing powers.

Black Panther

Some gear icons are black silhouettes – gear can still be equipped.

Captain America

Invigorating Shout: The power has a 10-second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) effect, but it does not show either of them. Health regeneration does not show up on character sheet.

Colossus

Lingering Boon: Tooltip is incorrect. Each rank actually extends aura duration by 2 seconds.
When attacked while Invulnerable, Colossus’ armor still depletes as if he was taking damage.

Deadpool

Superior Healing Factor: Currently, the effect of this power only increases every other rank gained.

Rocket Raccoon

Tactical Destruction: Tooltip does not correctly display bonus damage from shield cost.

Storm
Lightning Storm: Power does not do correct damage over time.

Wolverine

Regeneration Boost: Tooltip is incorrect. Power does not spend Fury to gain health faster as described.
Character sheet does not reflect health regeneration from Healing Factor (but displays resistances from passive powers).

Top Bottom