• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Moondrop

Banned
I have compiled a list of the best costume cores for each hero. The first assumption is that this is for optimal performance; special item find and rarity increases are excluded.

The second assumption is that certain statistical thresholds are more valuable than others, based on the abilities they confer. I've identified the key stats as Durability 6, Strength 6, Fighting 5 & 7, Speed 6, Energy 7, and Intelligence 7. After each recommended core I will list the value to which the core would raise that stat.

Feedback welcome.

Black Panther: Fighting 7
Black Widow: Fighting 7
Cable: ??? I don't have Cable's final stats; please supply if you do.
Captain America: Strength 4/Energy 2 Cap is one of three heroes without a good option. Strength would boost damage; energy would remove energy and mental damage penalties.
Colossus: Fighting 5
Cyclops: Energy 7
Daredevil: Fighting 7
Deadpool: Fighting 7
Hawkeye: Fighting 7
Hulk: Fighting 5
Iron Man: Energy 7 seems obvious, but Tony could also reach Speed 6 to boost attack speed.
Jean Grey: +Spirit? Jean has no good choices among the six primary stats.
Ms. Marvel: Strength 6 (melee)/Energy 6 (range) The strength increase enables your melee powers to stun; I haven't played her so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Punisher: Fighting 7
Rocket Raccoon: Fighting 7 assuming his powers are classified as Fighting Powers; take Energy 6 otherwise.
Scarlet Witch: Energy 7
Spider-Man: Speed 6
Storm: Energy 7
Thing: Speed 3/Energy 2 He's in a similar boat to Cap, but can go for a +5% movement speed increase.
Thor: Energy 7 (range)/Speed 6 (melee) Energy is likely the more valuable bonus, but I haven't played him so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Wolverine: Durability 6

Slayven

I never read a darkhawk issue, but I saw the covers in the comic store and thought he was cool looking. Also had some of his cards (marvel masterpiece, early 90s series cards etc). I was more of a card collector and tv show watcher than a comic reader.

memories:

Me and Darkhawk go back like babies and pacifiers. You should check him out in war of kings.

2849024-darkhawk_avengers_arena_3_all_in.jpg

Xevren

So the patch introduced some rather huge exploits so the game is going to be down for 6 hours I guess? Well alright then, guess I'll go play some Injustice.

I have compiled a list of the best costume cores for each hero. The first assumption is that this is for optimal performance; special item find and rarity increases are excluded.

The second assumption is that certain statistical thresholds are more valuable than others, based on the abilities they confer. I've identified the key stats as Durability 6, Strength 6, Fighting 5 & 7, Speed 6, Energy 7, and Intelligence 7. After each recommended core I will list the value to which the core would raise that stat.

Feedback welcome.

Black Panther: Fighting 7
Black Widow: Fighting 7
Cable: ??? I don't have Cable's final stats; please supply if you do.
Captain America: Strength 4/Energy 2 Cap is one of three heroes without a good option. Strength would boost damage; energy would remove energy and mental damage penalties.
Colossus: Fighting 5
Cyclops: Energy 7
Daredevil: Fighting 7
Deadpool: Fighting 7
Hawkeye: Fighting 7
Hulk: Fighting 5
Iron Man: Energy 7 seems obvious, but Tony could also reach Speed 6 to boost attack speed.
Jean Grey: +Spirit? Jean has no good choices among the six primary stats.
Ms. Marvel: Strength 6 (melee)/Energy 6 (range) The strength increase enables your melee powers to stun; I haven't played her so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Punisher: Fighting 7
Rocket Raccoon: Fighting 7 assuming his powers are classified as Fighting Powers; take Energy 6 otherwise.
Scarlet Witch: Energy 7
Spider-Man: Speed 6
Storm: Energy 7
Thing: Speed 3/Energy 2 He's in a similar boat to Cap, but can go for a +5% movement speed increase.
Thor: Energy 7 (range)/Speed 6 (melee) Energy is likely the more valuable bonus, but I haven't played him so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Wolverine: Durability 6

Interesting list.
I am currently using Ms Marvel and would love for my regular punches to stun, on occasion.
However, I already fused a Special Item find core to my costume, as I am desperate to find some new heroes and costumes.

Scirrocco

So the patch introduced some rather huge exploits so the game is going to be down for 6 hours I guess? Well alright then, guess I'll go play some Injustice.

Unfortunately its looking worse then simply down time. Theres a good chance there will be a rollback, possibly up to the last 12 hours. People on the official forums are going berserk (more-so then usual.) Hope nobody in Neogaf got any good drops today.

Xevren

Unfortunately its looking worse then simply down time. Theres a good chance there will be a rollback, possibly up to the last 12 hours. People on the official forums are going berserk (more-so then usual.) Hope nobody in Neogaf got any good drops today.

Yea if you played today it didn't count, the patch was royally messed up. I got some artifacts today so I'm effected. Here's hoping the compensation is decent I guess!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
When increasing your stats, is it a minor increase or is that increase added on top of what you already have?

For example, leveling up Cyclops' energy goes from +20% energy damage to +25% energy damage. Is it just a 5% increase or are you getting the additional 25%?

ElRenoRaven

Oh damn sucks to hear about the issues. I'd be angry too. Haven't gotten much play time this week. Damn work has been hell. Was looking forward to playing some this afternoon though.

inky

Oh damn sucks to hear about the issues. I'd be angry too. Haven't gotten much play time this week. Damn work has been hell. Was looking forward to playing some this afternoon though.

Same deal for me. I still lurk and post on GAF like a hawk, instead of finishing my weekend work =S but after launch I don't think I've had a good continuous play session, like I did during beta. Steam claims I've played for 200 hours (not entirely true, a lot of that has been long sessions of being alt tabbed inviting people) but I can't really say I haven't played. At least, am I glad I did not play today...

One of the posters on the official forums said....

I know if they don't do anything I'll be freaking out...this bug basically means:

You get all 5 starter heroes (yay for free heroes)
You get infinite exp boosts
You get infinite exp consumables
You get infinite rarity boosts
You get infinite rarity consumables
You get infinite retcons/matrix
You get infinite credits (selling the pets)
You get infinite costumes (which can be transformed to get the one you want)
You gaurentee a cow level (for maybe when it's not crap)

Let's see how long this goes on.... you would expect immediate downtime when something like this is posted to atleast TRY to alleviate the problem.

I guess its a pretty big deal then. Initially, I thought people were getting ALL of the heroes for free.
The roll back will cost me alot of exp, cash and at least one good artifact.

inky

The bug was this:

They gave an item to replace the repeated tokens some people got as rewards from the Prologue or killing Doom; a gift box of some sort. The problem was, it didn't disappear on use, so after it gave you a proper starter hero, when used again, it would give you another and another until you had the 5 starter heroes unlocked. Then it would give you a fortune card, and because -like I said, it didn't disappear on use- that meant infinite fortune cards.

Nasty thing. I still don't understand how this escapes testing, or why companies wait so long to kill the servers after this stuff gets out.

Same deal for me. I still lurk and post on GAF like a hawk, instead of finishing my weekend work =S but after launch I don't think I've had a good continuous play session, like I did during beta. Steam claims I've played for 200 hours (not entirely true, a lot of that has been long sessions of being alt tabbed inviting people) but I can't really say I haven't played. At least, am I glad I did not play today...

I just got a job right as the game hit so my playtime has been sparse.

Hope to play more soon, my Cyke is almost 30 and I'm thinking I'll get Cap and Jean up to 30 too before jumping back into the current endgame grind.

Scirrocco

I remember seeing this earlier. Wasn't this the game that had like $30 dollar costume/character(character) packs?

Before launch there was the $20 founders pack, which gave a hero of your choice and a costume, $60 premium packs which could give up to 4 characters, and the $200 ultimate pack, which gave you everything.

Right now, there are three popular characters, (deadpool, ironman, Spiderman) that are $20 each. Most character are about half that. Still really high though. They've at least talked about lowering the prices so it may happen.

But i'm beginning to lose hope. Gazillion just seems to be really amateurish, despite it being 'launch'.

pahamrick

Had my first hero drop today (Iron Man). Really, really not happy with the roll back. I get why, but it still sucks for folks who didn't abuse the box and had hero or costume drops.

Xevren

"Our ETA for return to service is now 8PM PDT (11PM EDT, 3AM UTC, 4AM BST, 5AM CEST). We are working to try and bring the game online sooner than that."

Honestly it's a safe bet to not even bother playing today.

GManDH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Had my first hero drop today (Iron Man). Really, really not happy with the roll back. I get why, but it still sucks for folks who didn't abuse the box and had hero or costume drops.

You found a new character, who also happens to be amongst the most expensive in the game, and now you're going to lose him due to someone elses mistake?
I would be pretty mad. What terrible timing.

pahamrick

You found a new character, who also happens to be amongst the most expensive in the game, and now you're going to lose him due to someone elses mistake?
I would be pretty mad. What terrible timing.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked. Figured I'd get a starter hero or something for my first drop, just as salt in the wound type thing because my buddy I run with had Deadpool as his first drop. I sent in a ticket, but I'm not very hopeful that they can/will restore him since I didn't bother taking a screenshot of him.

Scirrocco

Pretty much, it was said there would be compensation but unless they're giving everyone free Gs I doubt anyone who had really rare drops will be happy with it.

I don't see how it could be anything but G's. If they don't give people at least some tangible benefit to make up for loosing hero drops and levels, there will be a riot. Probably around 1000g's.

ElRenoRaven

Hell I'm at 94 hours and that includes the last week or two of beta with the steam client. I actually got more play time during beta. It's not just work either. new games are out and I'm trying to make time for them and this and then I found myself finding Dr Who on my Prime streaming so I got into that show and the last couple weeks I was catching up so next season I'll be ready.

I really can't wait for the summer season of gaming. A nice time to nail backlogs. July 4th weekend I should get some good time in too since that's a 4 day weekend for me.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I got 400g as well. Doesn't quite make up for the costume drop I got this morning but oh well it's better than nothing.

Lord Phol

Got 400G and I barely played, with all these compensations I'll never run out of Gs.
I feel bad for you people who got drops though, that's one of the highlights of the game :/.

Dang, no compensation for me. Guess it's cause I was stuck on loading screen?

400g is enough to buy stash space, so at least it's something, that's what I would have done with it.

Top Bottom