• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I just got a job right as the game hit so my playtime has been sparse.

Hope to play more soon, my Cyke is almost 30 and I'm thinking I'll get Cap and Jean up to 30 too before jumping back into the current endgame grind.
Same exact thing happened to me. I got a new job one day after I got access via my Starter Pack. I made time to beat the game once, but have barely played since. I'll get back to it sometime soon, might as well let them fix some more stuff before I jump back in (I'm hoping to have stackable mats before replaying).

so do we all have that special find bonus right now?

I can't really tell from the stats

also I have enough gold for black widow how is she?

Scirrocco

https://forum.marvelheroes.com/show...rry-compensation-details-for-today-s-rollback

3. Obviously a bunch of you got good drops this morning – new artifacts, costumes, heroes, etc. We can’t bring those back, but we’re going to give everyone a 50% boost to special item find all weekend. We know that can’t make up for the sweetest gear, but it’s something. We hope over the weekend, you’ll get something even sweeter.

4. Finally, we know some of you lost leveling progress and we know that sucks. To help relieve a bit of that pain, we are giving out 150% experience to everyone all weekend, including today. That’s a 50% bonus experience boost that can be combined with other experience boosts if desired.

Unfortunately..

As we did a complete rollback and also reverted to an earlier patch, these items were reverted too. We will be fixing them (correctly, this time) in a patch next week, so please hold on to them for now. They can also be placed in your S.T.A.S.H.

All this trouble and they still didn't even fix this.

Lord Phol

Pretty neat compensations, hope people get some good drops. I know I could really use something besides more scarlet witch tokens >>.
Feel kind of bad for Gaz though, I know they screw up and it's their own fault, but it's not like they are doing it on purpose and having to apologize and compensate all the time can't be all that fun. Ah well, time to farm!

Xevren

so do we all have that special find bonus right now?

I can't really tell from the stats

also I have enough gold for black widow how is she?

While I can't see the buff, the first boss I killed got me Rocket Raccoon (who I really wanted, yay!) so either I'm lucky or the buff helps.

No idea on Black Widow, sorry!

Xevren

Yep. I'll still be trying though.

What's the best place for me to try and get special items? Keep doing dailies? Can you do those more than once?

You can do dailies as much as you want, but the special item drop+cube shard is once per 20 hours. So if you have the shard from said boss it's best to move on to the next one. Or just keep doing limbo or group challenges from purple terminals.

I have compiled a list of the best costume cores for each hero. The first assumption is that this is for optimal performance; special item find and rarity increases are excluded.

The second assumption is that certain statistical thresholds are more valuable than others, based on the abilities they confer. I've identified the key stats as Durability 6, Strength 6, Fighting 5 & 7, Speed 6, Energy 7, and Intelligence 7. After each recommended core I will list the value to which the core would raise that stat.

Feedback welcome.

Black Panther: Fighting 7
Black Widow: Fighting 7
Cable: ??? I don't have Cable's final stats; please supply if you do.
Captain America: Strength 4/Energy 2 Cap is one of three heroes without a good option. Strength would boost damage; energy would remove energy and mental damage penalties.
Colossus: Fighting 5
Cyclops: Energy 7
Daredevil: Fighting 7
Deadpool: Fighting 7
Hawkeye: Fighting 7
Hulk: Fighting 5
Iron Man: Energy 7 seems obvious, but Tony could also reach Speed 6 to boost attack speed.
Jean Grey: +Spirit? Jean has no good choices among the six primary stats.
Ms. Marvel: Strength 6 (melee)/Energy 6 (range) The strength increase enables your melee powers to stun; I haven't played her so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Punisher: Fighting 7
Rocket Raccoon: Fighting 7 assuming his powers are classified as Fighting Powers; take Energy 6 otherwise.
Scarlet Witch: Energy 7
Spider-Man: Speed 6
Storm: Energy 7
Thing: Speed 3/Energy 2 He's in a similar boat to Cap, but can go for a +5% movement speed increase.
Thor: Energy 7 (range)/Speed 6 (melee) Energy is likely the more valuable bonus, but I haven't played him so I don't know how difficult this choice is.
Wolverine: Durability 6

Just wanted to say that this is an interesting list. You have prioritized the attributes well.

Most people just want to stack SIF and Rarity but these and to an extent the Spirit boost cores are interesting to me.

I think the game is RNG even w/ the boosters so I'll likely stick one of these on my favorite builds.

hamchan

Yeah if no items are found stacking special item find this weekend, then should probably not bother with that stat and instead just focus on stats that help you kill enemies faster.

OK I ended up getting a Cyclops drop... While I was playing Cyclops. To be fair though, I have the Ultimate Pack, so the best I can hope for are the Chase Costumes.

I also got a bunch of costume cores. Are they counted as special items?

Scirrocco

Downloading the game now, without huge expectations

Thats probably the best way to do it sadly. If you think of this game as being in open beta, rather then full release it makes whats happening a bit more acceptable.

That being said im still enjoying it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Haven't played in a week or so, but I guess I might as well hop on for a bit to take advantage of the weekend bonuses.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Is it possible to enjoy the game without investing money in it? I'm not really fond of any of the starter characters.

EDIT:

Okay, I picked Daredevil. I watched like 30 seconds of Daredevil and Hawkeye gameplay on youtube and my god did Hawkeye look boring :D

My name is bensajesse in-game, if someone would please invite me to the supergroup, thanks!

hamchan

Have the weekend bonuses started already? I played last night and didn't notice anything special.

Yep. I leveled my Hawkeye from 11 to 20 pretty quickly because of the exp bonus. Have no idea if special bonus is even on since the drops rate are so low anyways.

Scirrocco

Is it possible to enjoy the game without investing money in it? I'm not really fond of any of the starter characters.

EDIT:

Okay, I picked Daredevil. I watched like 30 seconds of Daredevil and Hawkeye gameplay on youtube and my god did Hawkeye look boring :D

My name is bensajesse in-game, if someone would please invite me to the supergroup, thanks!

Welcome aboard

A word of warning on Daredevil from my limited experience with him: He may be fun as hell to play, but hes not great to play, especially later on. He's very gear dependent; you'll need as much +dodge as you can get, and considering the plus dodge artifacts are only found later and are pretty rare...

Hes also very dependent on negative conditions (slows, stuns, knockdowns) and chaining his attacks to take advantage of it, but the problem is most bosses are immune to them, as are any mobs with 'ignore negative conditions', which are pretty common at endgame. Add in bosses abuse melee characters in general late game, and it adds up poorly for him. His high dodge is nice to have against the 'ignore defense' guys, but you can't dodge everything and they'll still hurt really bad when they hit.

Maybe you'll have better luck with him then i did, but from my experience you might not want to focus too much on him at first.

Moondrop

Banned
Hes also very dependent on negative conditions (slows, stuns, knockdowns) and chaining his attacks to take advantage of it, but the problem is most bosses are immune to them, as are any mobs with 'ignore negative conditions', which are pretty common at endgame. Add in bosses abuse melee characters in general late game, and it adds up poorly for him. His high dodge is nice to have against the 'ignore defense' guys, but you can't dodge everything and they'll still hurt really bad when they hit.

I too find Daredevil's progression of conditions puzzling. If this game were about PvP, it would be very clever design, but as is (e.g. stun -> knockdown) seems superfluous. However most bosses seem vulnerable to slow, so I plan to build my DD around that when I take him off the shelf.

As for dodge, I'm saving my medals and artifacts for Squirrel Girl. But really, dodge is worthless in comparison to Cap's Quick Block. In theory dodge could be paired with defense, but in practice I suspect Daredevil doesn't acquire enough defense to matter.

Also FYI, this experience bonus right now is significant.

Has there been any talk of this coming to consoles? Was hoping with all the free to play stuff coming to PS4 this would've been announced at E3. If this comes off as port begging I apologize, I just don't have a dedicated gaming PC.

170 hours logged and I finally got my first (new) hero drop, off of The Hood.
It was Black Panther.
Im pretty happy with that as Ive seen other people use him and I know he has 2 sexy assistants :)

Spider-Man: Speed 6

The consensus with Spidey is energy to 2 to remove the -20% penalty. This affects his corrosive web skill and serves as a sizable DPS buff.

---

Unfortunate timing to have my computer packed for a move when this weekend bonus hits. I lost two levels on Colossus and am going to have nothing to show for it. I'll probably be out of the game for almost a month now, since my stuff is going into storage until I buy a new home. Still loving the game and I'll be following the thread to see what improvements Gaz makes in the coming weeks.

Lord Phol

170 hours logged and I finally got my first (new) hero drop, off of The Hood.
It was Black Panther.
Im pretty happy with that as Ive seen other people use him and I know he has 2 sexy assistants :)

Grats mate! BP is awesome; you will come to love his crazy 1v1 damage and get out of sticky situation powers (invisibility and cc immunity in particular).
Almost clocking in 180 hours and all I've gotten is storm x.x. Still nothing this weekend.

Blu10

So downloaded this cause I saw it on the steam home page...having quite a bit of fun with it, but#1, why don't the mats stack, and #2, what do I use them for but to make the next level mat?

So downloaded this cause I saw it on the steam home page...having quite a bit of fun with it, but#1, why don't the mats stack, and #2, what do I use them for but to make the next level mat?

They will stack...eventually.

Their main use is in applying upgrades to your costume. The equivalent of enchanting gear in other games.

Top Bottom