• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

God, the official forums are brutal. F2P games really bring out the worst communities. Such a huge contrast from reading their forum to our thread and Reddit's forum.

inky

Apparently Wolverine is now 600Gs.

Yup. Bought!

Edit: Also, I realize they must be working their asses off on other things, but checking the store layout it definitely needs to be flashier during a sale. Maybe it's jut me, but I think presentation would go a long way to entice people to drop some money. Right now it is only the banner announcing there will be a sale on Friday... hmm.

Beelzebubs

Yup. Bought!

Edit: Also, I realize they must be working their asses off on other things, but checking the store layout it definitely needs to be flashier during a sale. Maybe it's jut me, but I think presentation would go a long way to entice people to drop some money. Right now it is only the banner announcing there will be a sale on Friday... hmm.

I'm assuming that will be done by a seperate team. You won't have the game designers or anyone else designing what is essentially a website in an iframe.

inky

I'm assuming that will be done by a seperate team. You won't have the game designers or anyone else designing what is essentially a website in an iframe.

I thought of that, but it might still be part of the UI team, and going by the state of their official site during all this time, it seems they don't have a separate team working on that either. If they did, the site would've been getting regular (or at least some) updates during beta/launch and that almost never happened.

SirKhalid

I got some nice loot today from doing dailies. Dropped Storm, artifact -13 spirits, +2 spirit when you are hit, +152 def and costume core +22% rarity boost. I wish it was +22% special item...

Scirrocco

US only! Take that you filthy foreign barbarians!

Alienware seems to be getting smarter. The last couple.times.they did this, it ea skustsign up, get a key. I just used a guerilla mail.account. but now since its a draeing at a later.date, i ha dtonactually give.them a real email address.

inky

I have less of a problem with high pricing on enhanced costumes, at least in theory: It includes different voice acting and at least a few new animations (I think) and in the end it is just a cosmetic item.

Of course, the reason it doesn't work in practice is because the character is 20 fucking dollars in the first place, so that big of a premium on any costume becomes immediately excessive.

Yup. Bought!

Maybe they should advertize their sale at the login screen?
I want this game to succeed, because it is fun.

I got some nice loot today from doing dailies. Dropped Storm, artifact -13 spirits, +2 spirit when you are hit, +152 def and costume core +22% rarity boost. I wish it was +22% special item...

A kind soul gave me a free +19% Special Item Find core for my Scarlet Witch.
I spent 200k today, upgrading Ms Marvels costume core from +15% Special Item Find to +19%. Im happy I wont have to worry about that with Scarlet.

inky

Sorry to whoever sent me a tell for an invite! =( I've been alt tabbed for a while.

I'm still on if you are planning on coming back online.

hamchan

I feel like buying Wolverine but I need to add $10 to be able to afford him so I'd have 400g left over, which sucks because I'd have bought Black Widow if I only had 50g more. So I just have to buy 2 costumes to use up the 400g. I'm thinking of just buying nothing though because of this dilemma. $5 increments really suck.

KePoW

Banned
I feel like buying Wolverine but I need to add $10 to be able to afford him so I'd have 400g left over, which sucks because I'd have bought Black Widow if I only had 50g more. So I just have to buy 2 costumes to use up the 400g. I'm thinking of just buying nothing though because of this dilemma. $5 increments really suck.

You don't have to buy anything, you can always save it for future price reductions/changes.

Yeah I ended up getting Cap as well and lvling him has been quite fun, being able to face tank is surprisingly fun with his high attack speed

Quick Block Cap is still a monster in this game, and still tanks better than my Colossus. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming defensive changes.

Hey im in a guild with some friends but it's rather small and would like more people to play with. Anyone interested in adding me?

I have a 42 SW and a 20 Cyclops.

IGN: mynameisamerica

Wallach

I downloaded this on a whim and enjoyed the first couple hours more than I was expecting. They will probably get a little of my money since I don't really care about any of the starter heroes. I just don't know whether to start with Cable, Punisher or Hulk.

Lord Phol

Seems the game has been region locked for some reason and people who aren't in the US will crash at the splash screen, me included. The quick-fix seems to be to change ur IP to a US one, gonna try that now.

hamchan

Yep, Steam version crashing for me now. If they really region locked it then that's a horrible idea. Hopefully it's just a bug or something, otherwise they'd have a PR disaster on their hands.

I downloaded this on a whim and enjoyed the first couple hours more than I was expecting. They will probably get a little of my money since I don't really care about any of the starter heroes. I just don't know whether to start with Cable, Punisher or Hulk.

Punisher is considered one of the worst characters in the game so I'd avoid him until they patch him. I've generally heard good things about Cable.

Been a good weekend for drops. Got Hawkeye and Thing within an hour of each other to give me all five starters. Also got a Rocket Racoon costume drop from Green Goblin in chapter 4 while leveling up Black Widow. Now I have to decide if I want to buy a character to use a costume.

Punisher is considered one of the worst characters in the game so I'd avoid him until they patch him. I've generally heard good things about Cable.

Punisher is broken in the sense that his two starting abilities are his best end game, so the playstyle doesn't change at all from level 1-60. Having said that, barrage is the strongest AOE damage ability in the game and borderline OP. Maxing it out with the synergies makes you a monster.

He's just boring for me to play since you use two abilities for all your damage (plus the backwards roll for mobility and lock and load to get extra spirit...so four total).

Was tempted to jump back into MH this weekend when I read there were character discounts, but Deadpool's price is still a bit rich for me. Hopefully they have some promotional discounts on the other characters like Cap (and others) got this weekend.

Punisher is broken in the sense that his two starting abilities are his best end game, so the playstyle doesn't change at all from level 1-60. Having said that, barrage is the strongest AOE damage ability in the game and borderline OP. Maxing it out with the synergies makes you a monster.

He's just boring for me to play since you use two abilities for all your damage (plus the backwards roll for mobility and lock and load to get extra spirit...so four total).

Yea his barrage power is insanely good, one of the best aoe damage abilities in the game and often find myself using nothing but that when running daily stuff with others. Rocket launcher isn't bad either really as it does quite a bit of damage. But everything else he has seems weak. A whole tree dedicated to mines/traps and none of them seem to work well.

Since reading up a bit on rested xp and how not having it negatively effects your ability to find hero and costume drops, Im going to make a conscious effort to cycle through my 5 chars and use their rested xp, when I item hunt.
Hope it pays off.

Yea his barrage power is insanely good, one of the best aoe damage abilities in the game and often find myself using nothing but that when running daily stuff with others. Rocket launcher isn't bad either really as it does quite a bit of damage. But everything else he has seems weak. A whole tree dedicated to mines/traps and none of them seem to work well.

Oh okay, good to hear some impressions from people that play him. Impressions of him on the official forum are pretty negative and he doesn't seem like a good solo character due to bad defense and mobility options. He probably does excel in groups where other characters can tank or distract enemies since he does so much dps.

KePoW

Banned
Oh okay, good to hear some impressions from people that play him. Impressions of him on the official forum are pretty negative and he doesn't seem like a good solo character due to bad defense and mobility options. He probably does excel in groups where other characters can tank or distract enemies since he does so much dps.

What others have said here is correct. He has two great abilities, the problem is they are the first ones you get.

So he's very "boring" right now... no variety to his playstyle. One entire tree is completely useless.

inky

Ooh did guilds finally get put in? I wanna join! D:

Send me a tell in game and I'll add you.

Since reading up a bit on rested xp and how not having it negatively effects your ability to find hero and costume drops, Im going to make a conscious effort to cycle through my 5 chars and use their rested xp, when I item hunt.
Hope it pays off.

Yep. It's kind of counter-intuitive I think, the way the more you play, the worse the rewards start getting. Maybe that is why my only 2 hero drops have come off trash mobs while playing "alts" through normal play, instead of during my daily or limbo sessions where I have killed dozens of bosses. It is also part of the reason why people join group dailies way below their level and just rush the bosses over and over. They are gaming the system, i.e., not wasting any of the rested XP on anything but bosses.

They need to find a better way to handle those bonuses imo.

Send me a tell in game and I'll add you.

Yep. It's kind of counter-intuitive I think, the way the more you play, the worse the rewards start getting. Maybe that is why my only 2 hero drops have come off trash mobs while playing "alts" through normal play, instead of during my daily or limbo sessions where I have killed dozens of bosses. It is also part of the reason why people join group dailies way below their level and just rush the bosses over and over. They are gaming the system, i.e., not wasting any of the rested XP on anything but bosses.

They need to find a better way to handle those bonuses imo.

Yeah, they really shouldn't tie special item find to rested xp. Though with hero/costume rates so low I wonder how much the bonus actually helps. I only had rested xp for one of my three hero drops.

Xevren

Dev posted a small update on what's to come in the patch:

- Buffed enemy and boss villain exp in green terminals, red terminals and the purple "spoke" challenges (Wundagore style zones).

- Buffs to 12 Thor abilities (some small, some medium, one large)

- Buffs to 14 Punisher abilities

- Buffs to 15 Wolverine abilities including redesign of Fury

- Lots of buffs and fixes to Spider-Man

- Buffs to beams for Iron Man

- Buffs to survivability for many other heroes

Some of this stuff will likely not make it through testing, in which case it will land in a future patch.

GManDH

- Buffed enemy and boss villain exp in green terminals, red terminals and the purple "spoke" challenges (Wundagore style zones).

explain spoke challenges.....??

GManDH

For new page.

- Buffs to 12 Thor abilities (some small, some medium, one large)

- Buffs to 14 Punisher abilities

- Buffs to 15 Wolverine abilities including redesign of Fury

- Lots of buffs and fixes to Spider-Man

- Buffs to beams for Iron Man

- Buffs to survivability for many other heroes

Some of this stuff will likely not make it through testing, in which case it will land in a future patch.

Top Bottom