• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

gahhh hurry up and put damage numbers back in :D

So capt america and wolverine are half off. Any thoughts on them? Have melee guys become viable after the updates?

inky

Just got my 2nd hero drop lvling Cap, got Cable another dupe lol

Today I found my third one, Thor. At least I can level my ult now.

I also got another costume from a fortune card: Umasked Deadpool. Even if I owned the character I'd probably never wear that one...

Today I found my third one, Thor. At least I can level my ult now.

I also got another costume from a fortune card: Umasked Deadpool. Even if I owned the character I'd probably never wear that one...

Nice, yeah I got the Stealth Ironman skin from a fortune card today too, tho idk if I'll get him either

Lord Phol

Dev posted a small update on what's to come in the patch:

- Buffed enemy and boss villain exp in green terminals, red terminals and the purple "spoke" challenges (Wundagore style zones).

- Buffs to 12 Thor abilities (some small, some medium, one large)

- Buffs to 14 Punisher abilities

- Buffs to 15 Wolverine abilities including redesign of Fury

- Lots of buffs and fixes to Spider-Man

- Buffs to beams for Iron Man

- Buffs to survivability for many other heroes

Some of this stuff will likely not make it through testing, in which case it will land in a future patch.

Awesome, just started playing Wolverine and he's really fun, but fury could need some tweaking so this is very appreciated. Also Beam Iron man is exactly the build im playing :D, it's a bit lacking so bring on the buffs!

Unfortuately, rested xp hasnt helped me to find any new characters.
I got a mob fortune card drop (my second today) and a costume drop (my first), from the boss in a group challenge.
I was using Thing at the time and the costume dropped was for him too (black outfit, worth $2 in the shop!).
I had no rested xp for either of those drops.
Man, I get so excited when I see that white pillar of light shining down on an item drop. lol

Wallach

Anyone online that can invite me to the supergroup? My IGN is Glockner.

Bump to see if anyone's on today.

Bought a $20 package of spacebucks. Haven't purchased any heroes yet... think I've narrowed it down to Captain America or Hulk. Will probably play Hawkeye if I want to do some ranged action. Seems smarter to buy Cap right now since he's much cheaper, would be easy to still afford a costume and another stash tab. Hulk does smash, though...

GManDH

THAT IS ALL AS OF 5:03PM EST

MORE STUFF
Here's one of the buffs:

Asgardian Smite

- Double damage
- Faster
- Reduced spirit cost (slightly)

If this isn't enough of a buff, we may ask Odin for more.

MORE MORE STUFF
OK, since it's Canada Day soon:

Brutal Slash is redesigned.

Buffed ultimate and made it usable anytime.

Significantly buffed healing factor.

Added good stuff to give Wolverine several viable builds (we will have to keep adjusting this so they are all good)

Scattering Rend completely redesigned and renamed Eviscerate

Bloody Victory is buffed and now also triggers when you crit so it's usable on bosses. Fury is also gained on crit to give Wolverine a crit build option.

Rending Sweep is half cost, increased damage and increased AOE range

Knockback isn't ideal for Wolverine so we made it knockdown.

Fury - Now gained by: Hitting an enemy or critting an enemy (big bonus). Doesn't decay.

On Asgard Day we will give the same info leaking for Thor.

Or how about today.

Buffed: (mostly small buffs)

Thundering Strike
Hammer Throw
Hammer Smash
Mighty Shockwave
Storm Strike
Lightning Smash (it's a fighting power now)
All Father's Boon (larger range, +5 to all ranks instead of +1)
Asgardian Smite (super buffed)
Almighty Mj
Hammer Punch (stun instead of knockback)
Whirling Hammer Defense (massive cost reduction but probably needs a redesign)
There are a lot of quality of life improvements planned for Rocket Raccoon, along with some buffs of his "never used" abilities. I know him inside and out so we will definitely get to him, but I also know he can solo everything, so he isn't critical.

Some changes planned for him:
- Make his abilities more responsive so he can use them on the move.
- Make his movement abilities more responsive and snappy, so he isn't so slow.
- Make several viable build options, which includes having decent reasons to level each turret.
- Upgrade ultimate.
Quote Originally Posted by Giltherion View Post
Wow, thanks for the update!!

On a side note, any news on reducing the Crafting costs (credits) for the most expensive recipes?
Yes, that is in progress for next week's patch.

Xevren

Bought a $20 package of spacebucks. Haven't purchased any heroes yet... think I've narrowed it down to Captain America or Hulk. Will probably play Hawkeye if I want to do some ranged action. Seems smarter to buy Cap right now since he's much cheaper, would be easy to still afford a costume and another stash tab. Hulk does smash, though...

As of now no one is on at the moment, so hopefully someone will get you an invite later. Haven't played any of those characters so I can't really offer any input, though I did buy Cap just haven't gotten to play him as of yet.

Kurod

Banned
I found a belt that gave my Thing Clobberin' Time rank 2 at level 25. The description only mentions a damage boost but in use I found out it also increases my movement speed and makes me immune to stuns and knockback. It's friggin awesome.

Xevren

I found a belt that gave my Thing Clobberin' Time rank 2 at level 25. The description only mentions a damage boost but in use I found out it also increases my movement speed and makes me immune to stuns and knockback. It's friggin awesome.

Yea, it really needs an update to its descrption. Thing is a monster, with the way synergy works for aggressive aura he's always welcome to teams.

Wallach

Thanks inky!

On a random note, I just saw on the forums they are removing Cosmic Keys next patch. They will no longer be required to run any content, and any existing ones will be turned into some other kind of goody.

Thanks inky!

On a random note, I just saw on the forums they are removing Cosmic Keys next patch. They will no longer be required to run any content, and any existing ones will be turned into some other kind of goody.

I hope they replace keys with something good. I have over 30 of them sitting in my stash since doing red missions and group challenges isn't worth it.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Interesting, I think I got about 20 of those things. Also really liked hearing about those Iron Man, Wolverine and artifact changes. Good stuff.

Been lvling cap lately (lvl 23 right now) and using this build https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/38527-Coolica-s-Ultimate-DPS-Captain-America-Guide! (probably one of the more in depth guides on the main forums atm)

And Cap is def a tank hero (arguably the best), with middling damage. I'm able to solo tank bosses without much trouble but it does take a while to whittle away their health using mainly 2 basic skills. I haven't tried hulk myself but he seems to be melee dps with less than stellar survivablility at the moment, though that could change with the defense changes coming (potentially) Wednesday. Though with the sale Cap is definitely the better buy

edit: Reminder, a lot of heroes will be getting their skills reset because of the changes coming in the next patch, you guys may want to hold off on using Retcon Potions until after the patch hits

inky

Thanks inky!

They shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Weird thing, before yesterday I only had like 5 of them, yesterday I got 15 just from running greens. -.-

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks inky!

Awesome.

Goddamn this game is changing and evolving so fast. I love it even if it fucks with builds people have a bit. Makes me want to invest more time and maybe money in the game TBH.

Wallach

Awesome.

Goddamn this game is changing and evolving so fast. I love it even if it fucks with builds people have a bit. Makes me want to invest more time and maybe money in the game TBH.

Yeah, I'm also pretty impressed with their forum presence. Refreshing to see that much communication and community interaction from a developer.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a hero yet. This would be a much easier decision if Hulk had st.H.

Crownjo

Hi all,

We're going to be making a lot of changes in the next patch, one of which being that Cosmic Keys will no longer be required to run any endgame instances. As a result, these have been removed from the in-game store, and any Cosmic Keys you currently own will be transforming into something new.

We'll have more details in the patch notes on this, but we wanted to communicate that you should hold onto your keys if you'd like to see what they turn into.

Thanks!!

Ryolnir

Whoa.

edit: Reminder, a lot of heroes will be getting their skills reset because of the changes coming in the next patch, you guys may want to hold off on using Retcon Potions until after the patch hits

Did they guarantee skill resets? I'd love to get a free reroll for my Cap as I spent a ton of early points on his shield toss skill which aren't so great anymore.

Wallach

I only picked up Cable because I assumed that he'd have Hyper Viper.

I was pretty bummed that his ultimate was not HVB but instead something that sounds like it'd be a special at a local BBQ place. Still looks like a cool character though.

I'm probably going to wind up going with Hulk because he's really the one I want the most, but I wish his sale wasn't so crummy. His costumes are damn expensive too; I really like his Avengers movie look but god damn it's more expensive than he is even if he wasn't on sale.

Scirrocco

I was pretty bummed that his ultimate was not HVB but instead something that sounds like it'd be a special at a local BBQ place. Still looks like a cool character though.

Time Slip would have been a better fit, where another cable would spawn alongside you, maybe with a random costume. Of course considering most people with summon ultimates aren't very useful, so maybes its best.

hamchan

With all the changes happening, they really should have just called this an open beta phase instead of a launch.
Would have saved themselves a lot of backlash because people are more tolerant when you're a beta.

Vecks

Thanks inky!

This is nice, but didn't they sell these things? Unless they compensate, I can see some people getting really angry.

With all the changes happening, they really should have just called this an open beta phase instead of a launch.
Would have saved themselves a lot of backlash because people are more tolerant when you're a beta.

I pretty much expressed the same sentiment many pages ago. I'm not sure who's pulling the strings, but no doubt the game was rushed to launch to start monetizing.

Haha yeah, these past few weeks have felt like open beta, though most games wouldn't charge you for open beta

Really, don't believe that. Same backlash and bickering happens on f2p open beta mmos as well. Calling it a beta would not have really changed much

Haha yeah, these past few weeks have felt like open beta, though most games wouldn't charge you for open beta

You don't have to pay to play this, and most open beta games openly take your money gladly.

Wallach

Looks like the patch might be coming early:

https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/45200-Downtime-possible-tomorrow-7-2-6AM-PDT

We are currently planning to deploy a new patch tomorrow morning. We are conducting final testing, and assuming the patch passes testing, we'll deploy at 6AM.

While this can't be confirmed until final testing is complete, I wanted to give you a heads-up especially as it's getting very late in Europe. Apologies for late notice.

I'll update this post later with confirmation.

Really, don't believe that. Same backlash and bickering happens on f2p open beta mmos as well. Calling it a beta would not have really changed much

You don't have to pay to play this, and most open beta games openly take your money gladly.

O I know, I got a founders pack just to play in closed beta but having a working paid item shop will create a backlash just as the pricing one did

Xevren

Damn I can't wait to see what's in this patch. Also curious as to what cosmic keys will turn into (have nearly 40, never bothered using since I always get shit all in terminals requiring them). If the patch is tomorrow that's gonna suck for me, was going to be going hard in Injustice due to Zod coming out.

Playing as Scarlet Witch, I spent 20 minutes completing a group challenge with 3 other guys.
As soon as we got to the boss (Magneto), I got one-shotted by his damn heat seeking projectile and then by the time I got back in there with my team (damn loading times!), they'd killed him and I missed the loot drop.
Its so stupid that the Group Challenge respawn puts you back in the Avenger Tower etc. Waiting for those loading screens to finish, takes forever.

Top Bottom