• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

Playing as Scarlet Witch, I spent 20 minutes completing a group challenge with 3 other guys.
As soon as we got to the boss (Magneto), I got one-shotted by his damn heat seeking projectile and then by the time I got back in there with my team (damn loading times!), they'd killed him and I missed the loot drop.
Its so stupid that the Group Challenge respawn puts you back in the Avenger Tower etc. Waiting for those loading screens to finish, takes forever.

Scarlet has a counter for everything Magneto can do. I do agree with you about the way loot is after reloading though.

For his projectiles always have an entropic warding bubble up (will reflect right back), and try to keep up warding tempest up because it nullifies all of his aura abilities.

AMUSIX

So, just to clarify...I've finished the story with my first character (Ms Marvel) and that put me at level 28. From there to level 32, I've done nothing but run those green daily missions in the avengers tower (I tried to move to Xavier's when I was 30, but it was too hard to handle).

I've seen a costume drop for a character I don't have....I've collected a lot of MKran crystals that I have no use for, and that's about it.

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?....is there a way to level a bit more? Madripoor kicks my ass...I can do some of the red missions, but other than that, it seems like I just play an hour a day, doing each of the greens once, and that's about it.

Xevren

So, just to clarify...I've finished the story with my first character (Ms Marvel) and that put me at level 28. From there to level 32, I've done nothing but run those green daily missions in the avengers tower (I tried to move to Xavier's when I was 30, but it was too hard to handle).

I've seen a costume drop for a character I don't have....I've collected a lot of MKran crystals that I have no use for, and that's about it.

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?....is there a way to level a bit more? Madripoor kicks my ass...I can do some of the red missions, but other than that, it seems like I just play an hour a day, doing each of the greens once, and that's about it.

For leveling limbo is the way to go but will slow down dramatically once you're in the 40's. But you'll have to beat the group challenges just to get them, which can be annoying due to no auto grouping. Green and red terminals are supposed to have buffed xp in the coming patch to help out more.

Limbo 1 til around 33, then get into limbo 2 til around 43, then limbo 3(This is where it slows down)

As far as getting into Limbo's, there are a ton of people in guild that will help you get there. Me, Xev, GMan, Crownjo, DeadlyBees(Not sure if IGN is same as their GAF name), and many others have helped out this way numerous times, just have to ask.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
With all the changes happening, they really should have just called this an open beta phase instead of a launch.
Would have saved themselves a lot of backlash because people are more tolerant when you're a beta.
I don't think they had the luxury of choice when it comes to this matter, at some point too you just have to get the ball rolling before the less devoted players have played all they want to play in an open beta. F2P games are sort of a growth model anyways, I don't take too much issue with it.

Wallach

Patch is confirmed for tomorrow morning. 3 hour downtime, patch notes later tonight. Are these guys based in the US? They seem to be working crazy hours right now.

Anyway, there was also a "Monday Dev Update" just posted recently:

Hi folks,

Happy Monday.

Today we worked on the following things:

- Daredevil power upgrades.

- Thing power upgrades.

- New PVP zone development.

- Patch notes.

- Development upgrades for end-game experience.

- Removal of all keys and gating from end-game - make things simple and accessible.

- New PVE challenge zone. Pretty cool to see the high concept actually come to life.

- Worked on hero power review strategy

- Worked on new item strategy for end game and for mid game.

- Discussed strategy for rewarding players who want to level many heroes and players who just want to stick to one hero. Those features will be worked on this week and next week.

- Discussed test server strategy and rollout.

- Had poutine for Canada Day.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Regarding Patch Notes and Hero Updates:

When you read the patch notes, please put your hero comments in the respective forums so they are easy to read for us. Also keep in mind that some of the hero changes will not yet be strong enough to make multiple builds viable yet, so post your comments after testing in a clear, detailed manner so we can be as efficient as possible during internal reviews. Your comments are read very closely during design meetings so keep that in mind.

The community for this game is awesome and we intend to take care of you guys!

Edit - Patch notes are up: https://www.marvelheroes.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-game-update-1100469

They are enormous so I don't think I can copy/paste them here.

Wallach

I didn't wind up buying a hero earlier, and now I am contemplating Thor alongside Hulk. That Destroyer armor is sick but being locked to those Fortune Cards I may never see it.

Lord Phol

Wolverine changes look really sweet, this is gonna be long work day D:.

Stealth powers (such as Black Panther's Stealthy Escape) will no longer prevent orbs from being picked up. This will make a big impact for certain heroes.

This change is a godsend.

Edit: Okey no more reading the official forums for awhile, people are such spoiled brats x.x.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing the Eternity Splinter might be used to access the new PvE zone early or something?

That's a lot of changes, damn.

Also I got two Storm drops today. Within an hour. At this rate I will have her Ultimate maxed by the end of the week.

Manbig

Really digging the Punisher changes. I look forward to seeing the actual damage changes. Hopefully there's going to be viable builds other than spamming Deadly Barrage.

The PvE challenge zone is the most interesting thing for me.
I just want somewhere to go and wander around in, relax and kill bad guys who are green or orange, even when Im level 60.
In Borderlands, they did that by giving enemies a higher level cap than the player. I think this game needs that.

No real changes/ETA on changes (besides defense buffs) for Ms Marvel, guess its hard to fix her when the majority of her moves are pointless or 1pt wonders :(

Manbig

And yet still, we can't stack mats. God damnit

Did they ever say they're going to change that? I always saw it as an obvious attempt to force you into buying more storage space.

No real changes/ETA on changes (besides defense buffs) for Ms Marvel, guess its hard to fix her when the majority of her moves are pointless or 1pt wonders :(

What's wrong with her? She has Cosmic Haymaker for single target, Photon Devastation for AoE (which is a bout to get a damage buff), and her defensive passive is about to be buffed.

Did they ever say they're going to change that? I always saw it as an obvious attempt to force you into buying more storage space.

What's wrong with her? She has Cosmic Haymaker for single target, Photon Devastation for AoE (which is a bout to get a damage buff), and her defensive passive is about to be buffed.

Is photon devastation worth using? It seemed really low in dps when I last tried it and has no synergies. For me the only worthwhile skills for Ms M is Cosmic Haymaker, Crashdown Strike and Stellar Flare. Her photonic energy generation is pretty abysmal and spirit management is pretty bad as well. Hopefully the defense fixes going in today helps with her squishyness but I felt pretty damn useless with her doing late game stuff (lvl 40 atm) and benched her until they revamp her. Would love to see them add a way to generate photonic energy passively or buff energy absorbtion. Blast should probably be a no spirit ranged move tbh as well, hell it'd be great if alot of her moves got the spirit costs tweaked (56 for crashdown strike :/)

edit: here's some dps numbers for Ms M's skills https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/44427-Brawling-vs-Photonics

Looks like I should be trying out Photonic devastation after all, thanks for bringing it to my attention

WarMacheen

They are working on mat stacking, towards the end of April if I remember correctly. Read it on their message boards, I'll see if I can find the post

From Doomsaw on Marvel Forums
This is a fair comment. I'll work with the team and we'll see what we can do about it.

Stacking crafting items is pretty close to launching, which will make a huge difference.

I'll see if we can get stacking Retcon potions, I know they take up a few spots in my inventory right now, which is annoying.

We also have stacking crafting soon, in groups of 10 for the basic materials, I believe

ElRenoRaven

Haha you should have seen the fight during closed beta, was sooo much worse lol. Took about 20 corpse runs for me to do it :p

Yup you think it's hard now try that fight when he had a never ending stream of minions. It was almost impossible to solo unless you died 500 plus times taking slivers off his health. Now it's very soloable as long as you keep moving.

woah, iron man shield changes really does change a lot up.

btw: how does hotkeys work? I notice them in key config, but how do I set them? Also, will they ever just have 2-3 hotkey bars? It doesn't really break anything, just makes things a lot more convenient.

GManDH

woah, iron man shield changes really does change a lot up.

btw: how does hotkeys work? I notice them in key config, but how do I set them? Also, will they ever just have 2-3 hotkey bars? It doesn't really break anything, just makes things a lot more convenient.

its something they claim that there will be more, but no ETA.

inky

Brief announcement: Updated the OP with the new patch notes (like anyone still visits it :p). There are some useful links in there, especially the leveling guide, which details the quests you shouldn't miss for specific rewards (although it still doesn't have what you get from chapter 8 I think), but especially the site with the guides and the skill calculator, very useful for those who plan their character ahead or don't have a complete idea of what they can do before you buy them. I moved the links section to the top of the page for easier browsing. Don't forget to join the Steam group!

If I get time today, I'm gonna get rid of the user list in the OP (still keeping the google doc) except for the people who are still not in the guild. We still have some spots open (around 30 I think) but I've been adding people every day. Sorry if I have missed you or we haven't been on at the same time, but if you want in, you need to be in game and send me a tell (/t inky your message) or to one of the other helpful gaffers who volunteered to invite you (Tragicomedy, Psychoraven, althreen, GmanDH). Also, if you are already in the guild, and want to help out, send me a tell too, and I can add you as an officer. Hopefully they add more stuff to do with the title :p

I've been thinking of ways to organize runs, or at least set a schedule so we can get together during a weekend or something and run the terminals some people are missing, especially the purple ones, or simply help new people wrap their heads around the dailies and challenges. I think this will be easier when the cosmic keys are finally gone for good too. There are already a lot of helpful gaffers who are always willing to help if you ask in chat, but a couple of organized runs to tackle those terminals without auto-grouping would help us all I think.

If you guys have any ideas of how to make this happen you are also welcome to post them =)

So what are hotkeys? And how do I set them?

Are melee characters decent now? Whats hot?

Thinking of getting wolverine or Cap, cap is more of a tank right?

GManDH

Brief announcement: Updated the OP with the new patch notes (like anyone still visits it :p). There are some useful links in there, especially the leveling guide, which details the quests you shouldn't miss for specific rewards (although it still doesn't have what you get from chapter 8 I think), but especially the site with the guides and the skill calculator, very useful for those who plan their character ahead or don't have a complete idea of what they can do before you buy them. I moved the links section to the top of the page for easier browsing. Don't forget to join the Steam group!

If I get time today, I'm gonna get rid of the user list in the OP (still keeping the google doc) except for the people who are still not in the guild. We still have some spots open (around 30 I think) but I've been adding people every day. Sorry if I have missed you or we haven't been on at the same time, but if you want in, you need to be in game and send me a tell (/t inky your message) or to one of the other helpful gaffers who volunteered to invite you (Tragicomedy, Psychoraven, althreen, GmanDH). Also, if you are already in the guild, and want to help out, send me a tell too, and I can add you as an officer. Hopefully they add more stuff to do with the title :p

I've been thinking of ways to organize runs, or at least set a schedule so we can get together during a weekend or something and run the terminals some people are missing, especially the purple ones, or simply help new people wrap their heads around the dailies and challenges. I think this will be easier when the cosmic keys are finally gone for good too. There are already a lot of helpful gaffers who are always willing to help if you ask in chat, but a couple of organized runs to tackle those terminals without auto-grouping would help us all I think.

If you guys have any ideas of how to make this happen you are also welcome to post them =)

Thank you o Fearless leader.

Out of curiosity, I know games tend to always be like 'my character is shittier than other characters'... but what are the current characters with the least amount of complaints?

GManDH

Out of curiosity, I know games tend to always be like 'my character is shittier than other characters'... but what are the current characters with the least amount of complaints?

Are melee characters decent now? Whats hot?

Thinking of getting wolverine or Cap, cap is more of a tank right?

i can understand the hotkey question. its very simple, just drag and use. but bout the other question, just have fun. if you pick a shitty character play till you get a better one or learn to turn lemon into lemonade. this is a F2P. that means if u dont like it, make a new ID and try again. i know someone who has 10logins. the company doesnt care, just have FUN.

Those seem like awesome Wolverine changes. Almost too awesome. Glad his healing is finally percentage based. That fact that it can heal on hit should go well with my double shardstone teeth. Excited to see how survivable I'll be now.

good question, off the top of my head I'm thinking Cap & Cable are in a decent place right now. Also haven't heard many complaints regarding Deadpool as well. Cyclops endgame was pretty popular (though he got a bit of a nerf today)

inky

You mean the F1-F6 keys? They allow you to switch your RMB (right mouse button) abilities on the fly.

Lets say for example I want to map both my Bring the Thunder and Call of Lightning abilities to the RMB slot. What I need to do is click on the RMB icon on my ability bar so a popup will show all the abilities that I can bind to that button. I then look for the ones I want, and while I hover over one of them with my mouse cursor, I press the desired F key. So I set BTT to F1 and CoL to F2. During battle, whenever I press that F key, that will be the ability mapped to my RMB slot.

You can also map them from the Powers window the same way. Just hover over and click F key.

If anyone from GAF guild is on, i'd appreciate an invite. My game-name is "NewTruthNeomaxim".

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for the invite guys! My first GAF guild. Yay.

You mean the F1-F6 keys? They allow you to switch your RMB (right mouse button) abilities on the fly.

Lets say for example I want to map both my Bring the Thunder and Call of Lightning abilities to the RMB slot. What I need to do is click on the RMB icon on my ability bar so a popup will show all the abilities that I can bind to that button. I then look for the ones I want, and while I hover over one of them with my mouse cursor, I press the desired F key. So I set BTT to F1 and CoL to F2. During battle, whenever I press that F key, that will be the ability mapped to my RMB slot.

You can also map them from the Powers window the same way. Just hover over and click F key.

You can also bind the F1-F6 to LMB if you want to switch between Basic powers as well. Though to do so you have to click on the box in your bar for the LMB ability, when the drop down(up) menu comes up, highlight the skill you want to assign to F1 and press F1, and F2 for the 2nd basic power, and so on. I do that to switch between 2 types of shots with Cable

Manbig

Cyclops is a very mediocre early game, but once you hit 30, he's one of the most fun heroes to play in the game. I think Storm and Scarlet WItch are supposed to have strong end games, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Bonethug

good question, off the top of my head I'm thinking Cap & Cable are in a decent place right now. Also haven't heard many complaints regarding Deadpool as well. Cyclops endgame was pretty popular (though he got a bit of a nerf today)

I have really enjoyed playing Thing (31) and Black Widow (34). Thing is one of the best tanks, and Black Widow can either be melee DPS or ranged DPS.

I find Cyclops (35) to be somewhat boring to play. Most of the time is spent Ricochet Blasting or Optic Devastating.

Scirrocco

Everyone ive talked too with colossus have said hes pretty much a god level tank, and with the buffs to defense and removal of ,ignores defense', he only getting better.

For what its worth Charging + Quick Block, not only make Cap invincible if played well, but it feels amazing, and looks good/badass all at once.

Sliding around to maintain the shield, keeping up your quick-block, dps'ing as much as possible in between and ping-ponging around enemies is so satisfying. Honestly much as I loath Denis Dyack (and unlike most here, I knew the guy, so my disdain is born out of first-hand experience), I thought Too Human, if you got into the groove, felt really good. Cap feels EXACTLY like that, with this build.

If it didn't take a bit of skill to play (at least currently, circa level 25), i'd say it was flat out broken, as I feel unstoppable. Ironically I WANTED my Hulk to feel like this, instead of an oddly squishy DPS'er.

I'm frankly surprised that they haven't nerfed cap with his near invincible combo. It's a bit boring personally and don't see skill involved. With the spirit regen shout on too, it's just so easy to keep up.

Hmm according to the forums it seems like Cable got some (unintentional) nerfs this patch. Apparently Vortex Grenades could be stacked prior to the patch and plasma barrage got nerfed as well and is no longer a fighting power

Top Bottom