• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

FUUUUUUU got some nice boot upgrade and I donated them =/

DMSdtg6.png

The ones on the left...

GManDH

GAZ set up character specific sub forums which they claim they will be looking at frequently. i will be posting there. if anyone wants to you can message me a post and i can post it for you. they want to know specific character feedback and what we want to see in each character.

Bonus time extended, nice. I did get a costume drop finally...even for the character I was using, but it was Cyclops original costume...which is fugly, =)

I know the game is kinda shallow at the moment, end game is repetitive, prices are do damn high, certain bosses with certain affixes are godlike..but I keep coming back...wtf

also heals when injured on Doom is bullshit

but I keep coming back

I can't help myself either and it bothers me.
The problem for me is that I do like the core mechanics a lot.
Zipping around a mob of enemies with quick bodyslide and hammering them all with my cone of death as Cable is just so damn fun.

However, the overall game structure and end-game is just horribly uninspired. Nothing interesting going on there at all. Especially compared to my go-to F2P game Phantasy Star Online 2.

But for some reason, I keep spending money on this game. I am usually pretty damn good at spending little or nothing on F2P games but I guess I am just too big of a Marvel fan.

ev0

There's no way to guarantee grouping for the terminals is there? You have to have friends or be part of a supergroup?

I just beat the game and started the Greens and for the first 8 or so I was auto grouped with people and it was cool. But the last couple I was solo and it was just so boring and tedious cutting through all the mobs.

I guess my second question, is there a way to exit a Daily without having to complete it? When I saw I was alone for my 3rd run I just wanted to quit but didn't see anyway how. (Quitting from menu and logging back in put me right back).

Played the whole weekend and sadly only got an artifact and a core.

shock33

You can body slide out to avengers tower, which until I read it on the forums I had no idea existed!

Hit B on the keyboard or the tiny house icon top right of the map to port back

I finally got my first Special Item drop (The Thing Fantastic Pants Costume) without the help of any boosts off of Bullseye. My luck isnt that shitty afterall.

GManDH

so ultimate costumes are no longer destroyed when you drop them...does that mean we can let people borrow costumes??? i cant play till later today, so someone tell me if this is true. if it is ill let some ppl borrow costumes.

Browsing forums and found this tidbit:

Re: Please add the keybind for always show item text
you can edit a config file to always show all
1. rebind any key in game so that the config file is created
2. navigate to Documents\My Games\Marvel Heroes\MarvelGame\Config\MarvelInputUserSettings.i ni
3. open it and search for "RevealInteractiblesReleased". REPLACE this with "RevealInteractiblesPressed" (there should be 4 instances)
4. save

you still have to press alt once every time you enter a map though

credits to the guy on reddit

Also this:

Artifact and Medal Buffs coming in the next 2 patches
As the Lead Items Designer, I wanted to give everyone some insight into what we are up to.

Over the last 2 weeks, with the help of our new team members, we did a big pass on all the medals and artifacts.

We found about 70 items that were below our power curve, so we buffed all of them.

We found 1 item that that was dramatically above our power curve, so we reduced its power level.

We want players to have a lot of different good options, and to select items based on their play style and build. If someone enjoys pets, there should be viable items to support that build. If people prefer a dodge build, crit build or AoE build then there should be options to support that style build.

You’ll notice that we focused on buffs rather than nerfs at a 70:1 ratio which is what we strongly prefer. We don't like reducing an item's power as a general rule because we know that players spend time farming and trading for specific items.

In this case we decided to reduce Edge of Infinity a little bit, but leave it as a very strong item still so that players would continue to use it, especially in crit focused builds.

Once these changes are all live we will be looking for feedback and continuing to tune them to give players the freedom to choose the artifact that fits them best.

Item Buffs for Tomorrow's 6AM Patch

• When attempting to donate an artifact, the crafter will now prompt you with a confirmation box.
• Darkhold Scroll and Phoenix Feather artifacts now display cooldown in the tooltip.
• Rhino Medallion and Taskmaster Medallion now increase Max Damage Reduction.
• Increased the chance for the Doctor Doom Medallion's fear effect slightly.
• Increased the Power Radius bonus from Chapter 8 Doctor Octopus' medal slightly.
• Electro's medal and medallion now list the damage dealt by the chance-on-hit effect.
• The damage for Electro's medal and medallion's chance-on-hit effect has been greatly increased.
• Lady Deathstrike's medal and medallion's bleed damage has been doubled.
• Living Laser's medal and medallion's damage has been greatly increased.
• Living Laser's medal and medallion now lists the damage dealt by the chance-on-hit effect.
• Living Laser's medallion will now grant approximately double the spirit it was granting previously.
• Mandarin's medal and medallion now lists the damage dealt by the chance-on-hit effect.
• Increased Mandarin's medal and medallions chance-on-hit damage for all effects.
• Pyro's medal and medallion now lists the damage dealt by the chance-on-hit effect.
• Pyro's medal and medallion now have a range for it's fireball effect.
• Pyro's medal and medallion's fireball effect have had their damage increased.
• Shocker's medal and medallion now have a range for it's effect.
• Shocker's medal and medallion's chance-on-hit effect has had it's damage greatly increased.
• Hood's medal and medallion now lists the damage dealt by it's "flames" effect.
• Hood's medal and medallion have had it's "flames" effect damage increased.
• Venom's medal and medallion's effect has had it's damage increased.

Item Power Level Reductions for Tomorrow's 6AM Patch

• The Edge of Infinity artifact has had its bonus damage reduced by approximately 30%. Crit chance and bonus damage on crit remain the same.

Item Buffs for Next Week's Patch (Timing TBD)

Summoned Creatures

All creatures summoned by items are stronger, sometimes much stronger. Summoned creatures should be a lot more fun now. We are going to continue to keep an eye on them and make sure their AI is doing a good job and their damage and tankiness is where we want it.

Medal Buffs

• Gave the Lady Deathstrike medallion and medals a movement speed affix!
• Gave the Elektra medallion and medal a movement speed affix!
• Buffed Green Goblin medals and medallion damage by a factor of six
• Hood medallion now burns mobs near you if you drop below 40% health

Artifact Buffs

• Mark of the Odinborn now correctly gives you additional spirit when you eat an orb.
• Doubled damage dealt by Flames of the Faltine
• Minorly buffed Shi'ar Cloaking Device backstab damage bonus
• Minorly buffed Skrull Targeting Computer backstab damage bonus
• Multiplied damage dealt by Reactive Repulsor fire PBAOE by 12
• Quadrupled damage dealt by Bloodstone Eel artifact energy damage proc
• Multiplied damage dealt by Hellfang of Zarathos fire proc by 7
• Multiplied damage dealt by Tome of Zhered-Na fire proc by 18
• Multiplied damage dealt by Scrolls of Watoomb fire proc by 7
• Listed damage dealt by Tome of Zhered-Na in tooltip
• Listed damage dealt by Scrolls of Watoomb in tooltip
• Made Blinding Brazier of Balthakk burn damage proc scale on a curve instead of give the wearer a flat number bonus like it was. This increased its damage.
• Quadrupled bonus damage rewarded by Extremis Serum when below 30% health
• Changed the damage curve on Chthonic Idol, buffing its damage
• Listed damage dealt by Chthonic Idol fire and poison procs in its tooltip
• Reduced cooldown for invulnerability affix on Ringed Ruby of Raggadorr from 60 seconds to 20 seconds
• Doubled bonus damage on Idol of Khonshu
• Tripled health regeneration on Tome of Oshtur and reduced its cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
• Reduced Ivory Idol of Ikonn cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds and made the invisibility last the full 5 seconds regardless of attacks
• Increased defense on Repulsor Field by 50%
• Increased Talisman of Hoggoth health on click by 250%
• Increased health regen on Super-Soldier Serum by 85%
• Reduced cooldown on Bloodstone Lion from one minute to 20 seconds and increased health bonus by 20%
• Doubled defense on Atlantean Jewel
• Buffed physical and energy defense on Fantastic Force Field
• Reduced cooldown on Mark of the Odinborn from 30 seconds to 20 seconds and buffed the spirit bonus affix
• Reduced cooldown on A.I.M Robot Dispenser from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
• Tripled physical defense on Oculus Oroboros
• Changed the attack speed on Metasensory Array from a negative proc to positive 1-5%
• Tripled Mask of Doom defense affix and changed it from physical to energy
• Increased Mask of Doom doombot lifespan from 20 seconds to one minute and decreased its cooldown from 90 seconds to 1 minute
• Doubled pet damage on Old Lace artifact
• Tripled defense on Bloodstone Mammoth and added a tenacity affix
• Increased maximum attack speed bonus on Bloodstone Panther, increased health bonus by 50%, and reduced cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
• Increased damage bonus affix on Bloodstone Jaguar by 50%
• Increased lifespan of Bloodstone Raptor's summon raptor from 20 seconds to one minute
• Increased damage affix on Bloodstone Eagle by 50%
• Added a movement speed affix to Ka-Zar's Pendant
• Increased amount of spirit gained through any orb on Circlet of Cyttorak

There may be other changes, don't take this as a final or complete list yet.

One of the mods/devs (Rockjaw), posted this about the latest patch....

"Bug Fixes

Crafting Recipes

We fixed an issue where some players received Ultimate Pack exclusive costumes from a rank 20 crafting recipe. These costumes can no longer be crafted. All the exclusive costumes have been replaced with a random, non-exclusive costume with the same affixes. (This applies whether the costume is equipped, in an inventory or in a STASH.)"

https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/42734-Game-Update-Notes-6-26-2013-1-10-1-147

Does this mean you can make new costumes from a level 20 crafter?
If this is the case, then I will really start having to invest in levelling up my level 10 crafter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One of the mods/devs (Rockjaw), posted this about the latest patch....

"Bug Fixes

Crafting Recipes

We fixed an issue where some players received Ultimate Pack exclusive costumes from a rank 20 crafting recipe. These costumes can no longer be crafted. All the exclusive costumes have been replaced with a random, non-exclusive costume with the same affixes. (This applies whether the costume is equipped, in an inventory or in a STASH.)"

https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/42734-Game-Update-Notes-6-26-2013-1-10-1-147

Does this mean you can make new costumes from a level 20 crafter?
If this is the case, then I will really start having to invest in levelling up my level 10 crafter.
Interesting. I always thought you could craft costumes as they had that idea early on where you could get pieces of costumes as drops, but I thought they dropped that idea long ago. Would be cool if that idea has manifested itself in the new crafting system.

inky

Interesting. I always thought you could craft costumes as they had that idea early on where you could get pieces of costumes as drops, but I thought they dropped that idea long ago. Would be cool if that idea has manifested itself in the new crafting system.

I think the way it works is that you take 2 costumes you don't want and craft them into 1 random different costume. My crafter is just level 10 tho, is I don't know for sure.

the only decent item I've found in my last 5 or so hours of play, was this artifact.
Its the highest level artifact Ive ever found.
I think its more suited for a melee based character, because they get hit alot.
Im a bit sick of Thing, so I'll probably equip it on Ms Marvel.

2013-06-27_00001.jpg

Xevren

I've had a great time the last few days just finding people who want to run group missions and do that or whatever else. Did all tier 3 red terminals and the group terminal missions (except limbo 4) with the same group today. 2 retcons off a single boss was sweet, didn't get anything else though.

Ive pretty much given up on red terminals.
I find it very hard to get random volunteers to form a party and then the enemies are MUCH harder and of course, I havent seen any superior drops in there either.
Ive currently got twenty something Cosmic keys sitting in my stash and I dont really know what Im going to do with them.

Looks like there's a sale coming for July 4th

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/10-day-star-spangled-sale-starts-june-28th

The time has come for our first ever Marvel Heroes sale!

We're rolling out the red, white, and blue in honor of the 4th of July holiday here in the US, with discounts on characters and costumes!

What's going on sale, you ask? Well, we have a number of heroes and costumes earmarked already, but we want to hear your thoughts! Let us know which heroes and costumes should go on sale in our Forums, on Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

The sale begins in the in-game store on June 28th and will run for 10 days, until July 8th.

What are some of the less popular heroes? Those will probably all go on sale. I'm thinking the starters, Black Panther, Rocket Raccoon, Ms Marvel, Jean Grey

inky

Tonight must have been core night, had like 6 cores drop for me.

Still no heroes or costumes.

I have a crafting tab filled with cores already, and I donate quite a lot too. They are very common.

I haven't seen a retcon yet in 200+ hours, which is super weird to me.

Xevren

I have a crafting tab filled with cores already, and I donate quite a lot too. They are very common.

That is crazy, I've had somewhere between 10-15 retcons. Hell I had 2 drop today.

Bonethug

I had 6 cores (all horrible) after 63 hours and then had 6 drop in 3 hours tonight.

Xevren

Glad to help guys, so long as I'm not busy doing anything else I have no problem giving a hand.

Also, if anyone happens to get their hands on that Pym's Shrinking Serum I'd be happy to trade some arts for that.

GManDH

pretty cool stuff.....

Hello all,

I wanted to give you guys an update, but I don't have the time for a full dev blog today.

Here's some of the things we did today:

1. Worked on buffing many heroes. The focus here was making sure everyone was powerful. We made many small, medium and large changes. These changes will roll out over the next few patches.

Minor Example: Spider-Man starts with +1 more Energy so he doesn't get a penalty to Energy attacks.

Major Example: We made Spider-Man's ultimate do triple damage, penetrate boss tenacity (so they get stunned) and make sure the 100% dodge is working perfectly and correctly.

3. Worked on the Defense issue. Made buffs to a few parts of the game to help this issue and some research into the best solution. This is probably the most important specific design issue we are working on.

Example: Adamantium Skeleton, Bulwark of Steel, Hulk Tough and many more mitigation powers were buffed significantly.

Example: Started work to add % damage reduction attached to the Durability attribute.

4. Made changes to end-game rewards the most fun modes in a greater way.

Example: Increased experience and loot in red terminals.

5. Worked on a smaller new end-game feature codenamed Superhero Synergy for launch in late July.

6. Worked on a 5v5 PVP mode based on our favorite MOBA map. This will roll out in late July at the earliest, late August at the latest.

7. Worked on a new end-game PVE mode codenamed Infinity Gauntlet. Funnest thing ever? You decide.

8. Did a little work on Torch.

9. Worked on floating combat text to make it look awesome and be accurate during scaling situations. More complicated than you may think.

10. Worked on new itemization for end-game players.

11. Worked on new PVE open-world zone.

12. Worked on tech to add health bar (optional) to bosses so you can see what's going on in Limbo.

13. Increased size of bosses by 25% so you can see them better in group settings.

14. Reduced a couple of the most expensive crafting costs.

15. Flintlock pistols.

16. Black Panther tribal hands clean up.

I'll try to post a full dev blog at some point.

Thanks for reading!

GManDH

7. Worked on a new end-game PVE mode codenamed Infinity Gauntlet. Funnest thing ever? You decide.

This actually can be what i do for DAYS nonstop.

Top Bottom