• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

DrBo42

Is someone going to make a new Gaming Side thread when the patch goes live? Buying heroes with splinters and Midtown are huge improvements that will make people jump in.

Edit: Screw it, I'll put something together now.

GManDH

Is someone going to make a new Gaming Side thread when the patch goes live? Buying heroes with splinters and Midtown are huge improvements that will make people jump in.

we can make a temp thread but i think this should stay as the main thread,

GManDH

WTF!!!!!

Currently there is 42 pages of patch notes for this week's patch. That's not including all of the work that was done today.

Some busy, busy developers here.

(We'll cut this down to size, but it will still be a lot)

inky

Patch is supposed to hit tomorrow-ish, right? I haven't been playing due to waiting for some of the changes. I though of downloading the test center, but I did so much beta testing before the actual launch, that I don't feel like doing that anymore.

Also,

Emma Frost will be released after Human Torch. We’ll be posting previews and asking for feedback in this forum. We expect her to hit the test center near the end of August.

Ken

jx8iFxOeSo61P.png

someone help me out here. i beat the story with ms marvel and now i'm picking up my iron man again but i have no idea where I'm at at the story with him.

DrBo42

jx8iFxOeSo61P.png

someone help me out here. i beat the story with ms marvel and now i'm picking up my iron man again but i have no idea where I'm at at the story with him.

Go to the NPC with the warp icon and find a level where there's no warning about being too low level.

Wallach

They are about to make Hulk wildly overpowered. So be it! I'll be streaming Hulk ridiculousness a lot tomorrow when the patch goes live.

Wallach

What did they change on him?

A bunch of stuff. But the biggest thing is that they are making all three of his toggles just passives, and then they have an additional 20s cooldown you can hit for very short duration power buffs (3 second damage negation, 3 second CC immunity, 5 second guaranteed critical). It'll be even worse when they get around to doing his attack skill overhaul, which hasn't even happened yet.

DrBo42

A bunch of stuff. But the biggest thing is that they are making all three of his toggles just passives, and then they have an additional 20s cooldown you can hit for very short duration power buffs (3 second damage negation, 3 second CC immunity, 3 second guaranteed critical). It'll be even worse when they get around to doing his attack skill overhaul, which hasn't even happened yet.

But we still need to waste 3 spots on the bar if we want those toggles? Hmmm. Might him to function key bind those to M2. I hate having to do that, worst part of the game.

Wallach

But we still need to waste 3 spots on the bar if we want those toggles? Hmmm. Might him to function key bind those to M2. I hate having to do that, worst part of the game.

The 20 second cooldown parts, yeah. All the current effects are just passives though. I think they said they are adding more hotbar space soon, but in the meantime I will gladly deal with that in exchange for ridiculous buffs.

iron man near made me dump this game. $20 for this shit?

easily has like the worst left click attack moves in the game. you pretty much just spam ground pound through out the story.

inky

Yup, Iron Man is garbage. I've been leveling him lately and I just keep changing back to other characters due to how much he sucks and how boring he is to play.

his best move is a glitchy missile spam which is totally why i play ironman, his second best is a beam attack that for some reason has less range than other beam attacks in the game.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, Iron Man is garbage. I've been leveling him lately and I just keep changing back to other characters due to how much he sucks and how boring he is to play.

I think he's great after 30 but yeah leveling him is awful. Also today's patch was delayed until "later today" no exact time given.

I think he's great after 30 but yeah leveling him is awful. Also today's patch was delayed until "later today" no exact time given.

when you can easily beat the main game by lvl 25ish, something is wrong lol. ironman isn't the only culprit here, but yeah...

making a fun rpg character 101. start out awesome, and progressively get more awesome, not start out shit and only become good once you hit a specific level.

when you can easily beat the main game by lvl 25ish, something is wrong lol. ironman isn't the only culprit here, but yeah...

making a fun rpg character 101. start out awesome, and progressively get more awesome, not start out shit and only become good once you hit a specific level.

Majority of RPG's don't seem to agree to that.

which sucks indeed.

i never understood why in mmos you get support/buff skills super early when there is almost no need until endgame, or at all, soloing.

In ARPGs it's fine to make people awesome at the start, but most RPG's want to have a progression where you feel more and more powerful as well as still having a challenge.

Most mmos do have early group content and many people coop with friends much of the solo content too. I usually always play coop most MMO's with my GF, it's good to have options for support and group abilities early on. It also encourages group play. But sadly so many MMOs are designed for more casual solo play and are way too easy so players don't feel the need to group up like in the old days.

Ken

i

am

iron mannnnnn

I wish they went for a MvC crazy-style for Iron Man with Proton Cannons, Respulsar Blast/Spread rather than the more "safe" version from the movie.

sleepykyo

his best move is a glitchy missile spam which is totally why i play ironman, his second best is a beam attack that for some reason has less range than other beam attacks in the game.

Must be a grass is greener on the other side thing. Ms. Marvel players seem pissed that her beam doesn't melt things as well as Iron Man or that she is too squishy (which every character is unless they are in they're dmg reduction stance) and so forth.

I'm guilty of it as well. Got Thing as a drop. Bought Ms. Marvel and got Colossus a drop . Seems I had the best brute (for me) all along and never realized it.

GManDH

yep. they arent however they have mentioned some great ideas. who is going to drink a red bull and stay up all night???

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
yep. they arent however they have mentioned some great ideas. who is going to drink a red bull and stay up all night???

How I would LOVE to do this. Too much work to do, though. :( I want to try out Thor with all of the changes. I was playing RR last night and getting bored running around spamming BFG.

Manbig

I'm quite impressed with how this game has been progressing. I took a break for the past few weeks, but am ready to jump back in.

Top Bottom