• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

J-Tier

I'm down with Squirrel Girl. I love it when they embrace the joke characters of the past, and work them into the main story without it being jarring.

Really impressed with how Human Torch turned out. Just got to level 10 with him and had a blast the whole way. His ranged fireball basic attack has a quick animation and recovery which allows him to cast and move in quick succession, which I like. Much smoother than say Scarlet Witch or Iron Man. Also diggin' that his mobility dash is integral to his damage dealing as it leaves his passive fire dot up, which when combined with Flame On makes you deal insane damage (which will no doubt be nerfed). Consuming your passive dot as a "resource" to deal more damage/heal/regen spirit also adds some nice moment to moment decision making to his gameplay.

Wasn't even excited about Torch prior to testing him out, but now he might be the first hero I buy with splinters.

Really impressed with how Human Torch turned out. Just got to level 10 with him and had a blast the whole way. His ranged fireball basic attack has a quick animation and recovery which allows him to cast and move in quick succession, which I like. Much smoother than say Scarlet Witch or Iron Man. Also diggin' that his mobility dash is integral to his damage dealing as it leaves his passive fire dot up, which when combined with Flame On makes you deal insane damage (which will no doubt be nerfed). Consuming your passive dot as a "resource" to deal more damage/heal/regen spirit also adds some nice moment to moment decision making to his gameplay.

Wasn't even excited about Torch prior to testing him out, but now he might be the first hero I buy with splinters.

Good to hear. I haven't tried him myself because my computer cant handle another 8gigs worth of install but from what I saw from the stream, he looks fun as fuck. Cant wait until he gets released.

Lord Phol

Yeah Human Torch is crazy fun, great visual effects as well. I'm glad he doesn't have synergies since it makes for more variety and he has alot of great powers to choose from.
Hope every other hero gets the same treatment.

They should make Ironman hover instead of walking as well :d.

GManDH

who is in the test center?? have some questions bout midtown? its level based? i heard that u can use it at any level? is it fun? is it hard. do u get booted after time or after you reach a level? is it worth doing right after story mode??

KePoW

Banned
who is in the test center?? have some questions bout midtown? its level based? i heard that u can use it at any level? is it fun? is it hard. do u get booted after time or after you reach a level? is it worth doing right after story mode??

Hey gman did someone ask if you were Evilore yesterday?

Permanently A

Doomsaw confirmed that they are working on Frankencastle as an enhanced costume.

Time to switch mains forever.

I just want Rucka's Big Boss Frank.

PUN2011008cov.jpg

Speaking of Punisher, I got an Ironman drop today after killing T1 green Doc Oc, with him.
I had already run this level 5 or so times today, had 0% SIF and a sliver of rested xp.
Im always really happy to get any new hero drop but I never expected to get the most expensive one.

2013-07-28_00002.jpg

DrBo42

Finally got around to watching the test realm footage, Human Torch looks great. Seems pretty unique with the spark system they have going on.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I logged in yesterday and didn't see anyone on. I'm not really sure what I should be doing with my heroes anymore. Just solo terminals for a bit? Or play story with new heroes to level them to 25-30?

DrBo42

I logged in yesterday and didn't see anyone on. I'm not really sure what I should be doing with my heroes anymore. Just solo terminals for a bit? Or play story with new heroes to level them to 25-30?

Depends on who you enjoy playing. Tired of your main? Level an alternate character. Think the endgame is crap? You're right! Wait for Midtown Manhattan mode to enter the game proper or check out the test center. I'm completely shocked that PvP is a big focus for them right now. Who wants to play PvP in this game? Do you people exist? We need endgame content, new heroes, new bosses, new zones, not PvP.

Xevren

Depends on who you enjoy playing. Tired of your main? Level an alternate character. Think the endgame is crap? You're right! Wait for Midtown Manhattan mode to enter the game proper or check out the test center. I'm completely shocked that PvP is a big focus for them right now. Who wants to play PvP in this game? Do you people exist? We need endgame content, new heroes, new bosses, new zones, not PvP.

Yea I'm really surprised people want PvP in this, it's just going to be a mess.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I was farming Limbo before they made red terminals worth it, but stopped a little before they did. I guess the endgame was a bit too stale at that point. I may give it a go with a new character at some point.

And yeah, PvP doesn't sound fun at all.

Lord Phol

I want PvP :(. If done well it could be really fun, and they have said that they will balance PvE and PvP separately so that's a good start at least.

It's crazy to think what this game is gonna be in a year from now. Like my brother hasn't played since it first came out and he jumped on and was really psyched about all the changes. I guess you could argue that it felt or still feels like a beta but they're just plugging away at it week after week.

Having spent YEARS playing Diablo, Diablo 2, and the like...I really wish they wouldn't spend even a minute designing PVP for this game. It's always imbalanced, rarely fun, and takes resources away from creating new content, characters, etc.

My PVP "record" in this game is 50-1 with Black Panther. I played for half an hour, was unkillable (except for a quick AFK death), and realized how stupid the mode is. I suck at PVP and was invincible...that should tell you everything you need to know about balance in this type of game.

JWong

Banned
So if I didn't pay and started playing, how long would it take me to get someone like Captain America or Iron Man to drop?

Wallach

So if I didn't pay and started playing, how long would it take me to get someone like Captain America or Iron Man to drop?

When this patch happens Wednesday, you'll be earning currency as a consistent drop item, so it'll just depend on how much you play. The rate seems to average about 10-12 "Eternity Splinters" per hour; Captain America I think costs 400, and Iron Man is 600. Only other way to get them besides the store is the random hero option, which is 175 ES but obviously you'd be gambling.

Cap does have a pretty good "hero pack" in their online store that's $18 which - compared to their standard prices - is an alright deal since it comes with 2 extra costumes and Cap's hero-specific storage tab. Otherwise Cap's $10 and Iron Man is $15 with their default outfits.

DrBo42

When the eternity splinter system comes out, maybe a few weeks depending on luck and how often you play. Drop rate in the test server got me about 10 in an hour and Iron Man is 600 splinters. Think Cap is 400. Cap is superior IMO, has a great resource system and he's tanky or damaging as a result on how you spend it. Iron Man needs some tweaks to make his trees a little better.

Just put a good chunk of time into the Midtown Manhattan Patrol AKA the new Limbo. Super fun.

- You can jump into this mode at any level, brackets are in 4 level separation (ex 1-4, 5-9)
- Mode does not kick you out once you have reached the intro level to the next bracket (You can keep playing 1-4 if you level to 5 inside the instance)

Human Torch is on the test server, super fun. Animations look great. Gameplay/combo "spark" system is very unique in this game. People are going to love him

DrBo42

What drops eternity splinters? You can get them pre 30 content even?

Anything. Yes, I had some dropping on a fresh Human Torch. I think bosses or yellow/blue enemies might have a higher chance but I was getting them on trash too.

Edit: They also have a very specific sound when they drop.

Wallach

What drops eternity splinters? You can get them pre 30 content even?

Yeah, they will drop from everything in the game. They're calculated in a way to make sure you get a relatively consistent number of drops per unit of game time.

There also may be a way to turn Cube Shards into Eternity Splinters, but I think they are leaning away from this because they're going to add some kind of purpose to Fortune Cards in the future.

Permanently A

Yeah, they will drop from everything in the game. They're calculated in a way to make sure you get a relatively consistent number of drops per unit of game time.

There also may be a way to turn Cube Shards into Eternity Splinters, but I think they are leaning away from this because they're going to add some kind of purpose to Fortune Cards in the future.

There will be a conversion rate for Shards > Splinters but a dev flat out said to keep getting Fortune Cards because the rate will for conversion will intentionally be bad, as the shards aren't mean to be a way to obtain heroes.

DrBo42

It was confirmed by rockjaw on the test center stream already. Turning their backs on people like that would be a bad move with all the positive word of mouth the splinter mechanic will bring.

dev flat out said to keep getting Fortune Cards because the rate will for conversion will intentionally be bad, as the shards aren't mean to be a way to obtain heroes.

Are they going to add those awesome week long bonuses in the fortune card table?

Top Bottom