• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
3.We are getting 2 Matrix of Unbinding to everyone to help with the artifacts being unique for the patch update.

what doe sthis mean. i don't think i've gotten an artifact item yet (or modified my costume)

You need Matrix of Unbinding to unbind any bound item.

inky

what doe sthis mean. i don't think i've gotten an artifact item yet (or modified my costume)

Artifacts bind to a character on use. Artifacts are becoming unique so a few people who are using 2 of the same kind are going to have to switch one out. Matrixes drop from fortune Cards and are used to unbind them so they can be used by another character.

Ken

Artifacts bind to a character on use. Artifacts are becoming unique so a few people who are using 2 of the same kind are going to have to switch one out. Matrixes drop from fortune Cards and are used to unbind them so they can be used by another character.

so what kind of stats do artifacts give out?

inky

so what kind of stats do artifacts give out?

General stat buffs or unique abilities/visual effects. Here's a small sample of the ones I've found.

wc2G6OQ.png

Ken

interesting. does the card give you artifacts at your current level?

wait so what are the things you put into costumes?

DrBo42

Server is going back up shortly.

Costume cores and offensive/defensive affixes of 1-3 grades can be put into costumes.

Edit: Servers are up.

inky

The cards give out artifacts that only have a visual effect on them. They can be equipped into an artifact slot just like regular artifacts, or crafted into a costume to apply the visual effect permanently, which consumes the artifact.

eg:

1Ey5Uy5.jpg

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone know why people on the official forums keep talking about bananas in any random topic? Is that some inside joke for the Marvel Heroes community

So, in theory, someone could have downloaded a huge patch in anticipation of the update, then downloaded a huge patch to revert the game back so they could play for 12ish hours, then possibly have to redownload another huge patch tomorrow once it goes live again?

KePoW

Banned
So, in theory, someone could have downloaded a huge patch in anticipation of the update, then downloaded a huge patch to revert the game back so they could play for 12ish hours, then possibly have to redownload another huge patch tomorrow once it goes live again?

Yes. Or you could have just done something else for about 24-48 hours.

DrBo42

Exactly what many people have done/have to do and it's complete bullshit. Gaz needs to get their shit together ASAP.

Wallach

For real this time, hopefully.

They also have a thread up asking what heroes might be good to add to the starting roster here. I definitely think the starter hero selection could use some more choices. Either that or give players a starting sum of like 200 Eternity Splinters.

KePoW

Banned
For real this time, hopefully.

They also have a thread up asking what heroes might be good to add to the starting roster here. I definitely think the starter hero selection could use some more choices. Either that or give players a starting sum of like 200 Eternity Splinters.

Devs already confirmed they will give Eternity Splinters for beating the Prologue and Doom the first time for new players.

DrBo42

Zzz, really should have just kept the game down this whole time.

Sometimes I feel that way but people did want to play in the meantime. They can't just halt the game for everyone like that regardless of how pointless it appears to you and I.

Wallach

Devs already confirmed they will give Eternity Splinters for beating the Prologue and Doom the first time for new players.

Oh, that's pretty cool. Probably 100 for each then? Heck of a lot better than the 2 starter heroes they previously awarded. I didn't even want to play as any of the starter heroes, even though they were mostly strong game-wise.

I think when the game comes back up I'll actually buy Punisher - he's probably my favorite out of all the heroes in terms of actual comics - then save up my Splinters for random hero boxes.

Oh, that's pretty cool. Probably 100 for each then? Heck of a lot better than the 2 starter heroes they previously awarded. I didn't even want to play as any of the starter heroes, even though they were mostly strong game-wise.
I would hope its 200 for each, unless starter heroes are only 100. If they do 200 then every newbie basically gets their choice of 2 free heroes from the low cost tier (are the tiers still 200, 400, 600?) in addition to their starter.

I wish they had a system where we could trade in hero tokens for splinters. I have 2 tokens for heroes I already have and would rather trade them in for splinters towards a new hero than upgrade the ultimate of someone I barely use.

Wallach

I would hope its 200 for each, unless starter heroes are only 100. If they do 200 then every newbie basically gets their choice of 2 free heroes from the low cost tier (are the tiers still 200, 400, 600?) in addition to their starter.

I wish they had a system where we could trade in hero tokens for splinters. I have 2 tokens for heroes I already have and would rather trade them in for splinters towards a new hero than upgrade the ultimate of someone I barely use.

Well, Doomsaw pretty much said that newer players will only get "one hero" equivalent from the prologue since they have much more choice and control over it.

Well, Doomsaw pretty much said that newer players will only get "one hero" equivalent from the prologue since they have much more choice and control over it.
"One" from the prologue? That's what we have now. Or did you mean "one" from Prologue and Doom put together?

Wallach

"One" from the prologue? That's what we have now. Or did you mean "one" from Prologue and Doom put together?

Er, yeah, sorry. That's what I meant.

Edit - The patch is now available on Steam. If you are not using Steam currently, you need to do a clean install on the new client or switch to Steam to get 1.11. Go here for the new client: Link

ElRenoRaven

Damn this wait. Just got home and finally I can redownload the new patch to play again.

can't wait to do some Midtown and also to play some torch. loved him on the test center. Course he was also extremely overpowered on there. lol

sleepykyo

Damn this wait. Just got home and finally I can redownload the new patch to play again.

can't wait to do some Midtown and also to play some torch. loved him on the test center. Course he was also extremely overpowered on there. lol

Aren't a lot the heroes overpowered now? Except Thing. Thing users didn't complain enough, so they just get a buff to guardian aura as if that offsets the nerf to the aggressive aura. Bulletpoint after bulletpoint for the others and Thing gets a couple of sentences.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Bosses in Manhattan have to much health for my liking, spending 10 mins fighting them is not very fun. Living Laser is the worse not only does he have the high HP but he also warps around constantly making him hard to hit. The Wolverine changes are great though, he's a freaking beast now.

Aren't a lot the heroes overpowered now? Except Thing. Thing users didn't complain enough, so they just get a buff to guardian aura as if that offsets the nerf to the aggressive aura. Bulletpoint after bulletpoint for the others and Thing gets a couple of sentences.

I think Punisher got a huge nerf?
At least, his Deadly Barrage seems comparatively weak, which is rough, because it was his bnb.

GManDH

just played for bout 3 hours. had a LOT of fun, however without groups and parties midtown is almost pointless. a bunch of ppl just running around not doing much. i believe if we do midtown together itll be more fun and more rewarding.

just played for bout 3 hours. had a LOT of fun, however without groups and parties midtown is almost pointless. a bunch of ppl just running around not doing much. i believe if we do midtown together itll be more fun and more rewarding.

Yeah grouping up and focusing is definitely ideal. Overall I'm a fan of midtown though - not missing Limbo one bit.

Top Bottom