• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

The new launcher doesn't seem AS bad as bit raider was, but it's still pretty throttled for downloads:

I normally get between 2-3 MBs d/l via Steam.

I normally get 6 MB/s on Steam, but hovered around 20-25 MB/s for this. They did mention on the forums it may be really slow for some people, so hopefully it'll get ironed out.

Wallach

The new launcher doesn't seem AS bad as bit raider was, but it's still pretty throttled for downloads:

I've been getting ~300-600 KB/s normally get between 2-3 MB/s d/l via Steam.

I got a steady 4 MB/s on mine.

The new replacement for Limbo is pretty awesome. It's non-stop carnage, and as a Hulk who knows what bad feels feels like, it isn't as brutal as current Limbo at all. I feel fairly confident just being solo in there, at least in the 40-44 bracket (since I am 7 levels behind the live server version). The amount of action going on does makes it more like a more steady but manageable amount of incoming damage; I actually ran out of medkits for the first time in ages because I wasn't dying, but I was hitting them fairly frequently when trying to fight off supervillain trios alongside packs of monsters. The only lame encounter I've seen so far is the Mega-Sentinel, who feels ripped straight out of Limbo 3 wave 5-6.

There's 2 hours or so of it that I just finished streaming a while ago if you're interested in what it looks like without having to DL the test server: link

Xevren

I got a steady 4 MB/s on mine.

The new replacement for Limbo is pretty awesome. It's non-stop carnage, and as a Hulk who knows what bad feels feels like, it isn't as brutal as current Limbo at all. I feel fairly confident just being solo in there, at least in the 40-44 bracket (since I am 7 levels behind the live server version). The amount of action going on does makes it more like a more steady but manageable amount of incoming damage; I actually ran out of medkits for the first time in ages because I wasn't dying, but I was hitting them fairly frequently when trying to fight off supervillain trios alongside packs of monsters. The only lame encounter I've seen so far is the Mega-Sentinel, who feels ripped straight out of Limbo 3 wave 5-6.

There's 2 hours or so of it that I just finished streaming a while ago if you're interested in what it looks like without having to DL the test server: link

Damn that does look sweet. Will try that out once it goes live, been waiting for some content that wasn't limbo and for small scale that looks really good. Thanks for the link.

Ken

Yeah Doom is the end. As long as the enemies are green or orange to you, you're getting proper amounts of exp. Green is fine to run for a while, but if you can do Red terminals you'll get much more exp out of those. Then of course there's also limbo (the purple terminal) every time the countdown timer for that is up.

Hm, what if I killed the boss and ran through normally? If I run it again will I get low experience versus dropping out before the boss like I see being suggested in leveling guides?

Wallach

Hm, what if I killed the boss and ran through normally? If I run it again will I get low experience versus dropping out before the boss like I see being suggested in leveling guides?

I don't know why a leveling guide would suggest you drop out before the boss. They are worth a lot of experience, which is the same each kill to my knowledge. You don't get the special item chance bonus stuff more than once per day on each boss (per hero), but that doesn't impact XP.

Ken

Wallach

How do you remove a visual effect from your costume?

I'm pretty sure at the moment it's not possible, though I think they said they're working on it.

I guess you could transfer all your costume stats from one costume to another which would get rid of it. Along with all your affixes and/or core.

KePoW

Banned
I'm pretty sure at the moment it's not possible, though I think they said they're working on it.

I guess you could transfer all your costume stats from one costume to another which would get rid of it. Along with all your affixes and/or core.

Thanks for trying to answer.

But I only like one particular costume with this hero, however it has a visual effect I put on it that I don't like.

Wallach

Thanks for trying to answer.

But I only like one particular costume with this hero, however it has a visual effect I put on it that I don't like.

The only other option right now would just be to overwrite it with a different visual effect. It can only have one stored in the costume itself at a time.

Ken

Which specific missions are best to level with solo? Level 27 and I see stuff telling me to do limbo but that seems to require a group.

Wallach

Which specific missions are best to level with solo? Level 27 and I see stuff telling me to do limbo but that seems to require a group.

Limbo will fill with players automatically, and actually won't even start unless at least 9 other people join with you before the timer runs down (which is like 4 minutes). The majority of people just go in solo and form parties once they're in there with everyone else. Just ask for an invite and you'll get one 9 times out of 10. Or just do the inviting yourself once you're in.

Be warned that it can get pretty busted on the FPS in current Limbo. Also don't look at test server videos because current Limbo suuuuuuucks compared to the mode on test.

KePoW

Banned
The only other option right now would just be to overwrite it with a different visual effect. It can only have one stored in the costume itself at a time.

Hmm is that really the case? I'm pretty sure I have seen people running around with more than one visual effect simultaneously?

Ken

Limbo will fill with players automatically, and actually won't even start unless at least 9 other people join with you before the timer runs down (which is like 4 minutes). The majority of people just go in solo and form parties once they're in there with everyone else. Just ask for an invite and you'll get one 9 times out of 10. Or just do the inviting yourself once you're in.

Be warned that it can get pretty busted on the FPS in current Limbo. Also don't look at test server videos because current Limbo suuuuuuucks compared to the mode on test.

What should I know before going into limbo or is it pretty obvious? Is the group challenges right?

DrBo42

I can't find any. Anyone find something on the new patrol mode?

Lord Phol

Hmm is that really the case? I'm pretty sure I have seen people running around with more than one visual effect simultaneously?

You can theoretically have 3 visual effects on you at the same time by putting visual artifacts in ur artifact slots.

Xevren

What should I know before going into limbo or is it pretty obvious? Is the group challenges right?

Don't need to know anything, for limbo just go in and group. I just find it very boring, it's essentially zerg surfing, though the xp is pretty good. Just not any fun at all.

Xm9l9zc.png

Nice.

Did you beat doom in story mode? Are dailies open to you on the green terminals? I know there was a bug last week where terminal progress was not unlocking and you had to reset ch 8 and beat doom then talk to a npc.

Yea I did all that. I can do green and red terminals, have done blue stuff, but I just can't ever get into anything on the purple terminals

Wallach

Outside of limbo, what is a good spot for endgame? I'm guessing the docks (the Hood stage)?

The Hood's terminal is a pretty solid choice. I like Sinister's Lab also, there's a good density and a lot of small areas with chokepoints that make for good AoE patterns on different heroes.

The test center changes for Hulk today were just awesome. He's going to wreck shit when this goes live.

Ive had some real luck lately.
I got Black Widow the other day (love her coup de grace move) and today I got Punisher from T3 green Electro.
I was so happy about the Punisher drop, I went to the store and bought his classic costume soon after.
Ive now spent $30 on 3 costumes and only $10 on a single character.
Its funny, because if this was a traditional retail game, I wouldnt have paid any attention to it at all really. Im not a big comic guy and Ive never really played ARPG's before. The free to play aspect gave me the opportunity to become addicted and spend almost $50 (so far).

Awesome, I've been wanting them to add SW's Ultimate costume. Although now that's three alternate outfits for her that I want >_<

Also if anyone knows, what's up with the color of people's names in game and the symbol that appears next to the names? Something to do with what founder's pack they've bought?

Started playing tonight and it's surprisingly decent. Its basically Ultimate Allaince. Is it worth spending money on anything, or do the drops come eventually?

DrBo42

Started playing tonight and it's surprisingly decent. Its basically Ultimate Allaince. Is it worth spending money on anything, or do the drops come eventually?

Resource system is coming within the next few patches so you can buy any hero you want with in-game currency. Just wait.

Lord Phol

There's a poll at the official forums asking if they should release the promised heroes (Squirrel Girl, Nova, Luke Cage) first or just somewhere along they way.

Get in there and vote:

Vote! Vote!! Vote!!

The reasons they give are:

1. We know Nova is cool, but we can't do any Richard Rider stuff for licensing reasons, just the Ultimate Spider-Man version which may not be as familiar as the original Nova to people.

2. Luke Cage is awesome, but we may want to space him out since we have a fair number of brawlers in the game right now that we are working to make powerful.

The first reason is confusing me a bit, they make it sound like they could get Richard Rider in but just not atm. Seeing as he's pretty much the only one I want out of the popular heroes announced (and maybe Iceman) I think I could wait for him. Even though it sucks :(.

Edit: Nevermind it has been resolved x.x.

Wallach

They actually just settled that topic not a few minutes ago and based on UP owners' feedback are still going forward with Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl and Nova first. Fair enough, I suppose, since the UP guys are definitely the ones who took the biggest risk on them.

Lord Phol

They actually just settled that topic not a few minutes ago and based on UP owners' feedback are still going forward with Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl and Nova first. Fair enough, I suppose, since the UP guys are definitely the ones who took the biggest risk on them.

Yeah even though I'm not too happy about the inferior Nova version we'll get I still have hopes for the future. I respect that they made the decision based on Ultimate buyers feedback and I think it's great that they have shown so much love for their paying customers so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've pretty much stopped playing until they introduce some better endgame content, or at least some with more variability and payoff than dailies.

Kinda shocked why the fuck dailies didn't have a randomized subset bosses in the first place, that would help a little.

KePoW

Banned

That really sucks.

Those three heroes are very uninteresting to mass casual people. (people who don't read comics, but are the majority of general gamer-base)

Top Bottom