• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

SirKhalid

Doomsaw posted this on the official forum.
Special Item Find affects the chance to get a Splinter and we have a timer that forces you to get an Eternity Splinter to drop if you don't get one after X amount of time. (to avoid the odd player never getting one)

In theory, you could get 10000000 in an hour, but are more likely to get 5-15 per hour depending on your luck and SIF.

When I take a break and I come back, my first monsters usually drop an Eternity Splinter .

GManDH

so we can party chat and say alright everyone focus on BLAHBLAH and also we can stay close that way we use each others powers to help each other and revives happen a LOT quicker. i recommended that we have specific days that we go into midtown as a team. maybe even divide it by levels. midtown is every 5levels. so i have a guy who is going to level 40 now and then i have a guy who is under 45 as well. so ill be doing 40-45 for a while. we can set up times for different levels or meet up ingame and try it from there.

hamchan

I like that Midtown Manhattan is just running around doing whatever. Seems like a pretty chill mode. Much better than the old Limbo which was so damn frustrating.

Xevren

so we can party chat and say alright everyone focus on BLAHBLAH and also we can stay close that way we use each others powers to help each other and revives happen a LOT quicker. i recommended that we have specific days that we go into midtown as a team. maybe even divide it by levels. midtown is every 5levels. so i have a guy who is going to level 40 now and then i have a guy who is under 45 as well. so ill be doing 40-45 for a while. we can set up times for different levels or meet up ingame and try it from there.

Still too difficult to get into manhattan together until they utilize entering as a party.

I do like Manhattan, just feels like some bosses have too much health though.

I really like the idea behind eternity splinters but it really sucks that the random hero drop is gone.

It doesn't feel like anything can happen anymore. You just grind for splinters now.

I really like the idea behind eternity splinters but it really sucks that the random hero drop is gone.

It doesn't feel like anything can happen anymore. You just grind for splinters now.

Wait till you've played over 90 hours without a single drop. That anything can happen feeling goes away after nothing happens.

Bosses should only show up, one at a time and with the same frequency that they do in regular areas (like Venom at the docks). Fighting 3 bosses at once is too much.
Also, I cant seem to get a handle on Punisher now. He seems to have no offence and no defense. He seems crap.

hamchan

Wait till you've played over 90 hours without a single drop. That anything can happen feeling goes away after nothing happens.

This. Eternity splinters are much better. I get rewarded by the time I put it, the way it should be. Hated hearing stories of people getting drops a few hours into the game while I played for 50 hours and got nothing.

This. Eternity splinters are much better. I get rewarded by the time I put it, the way it should be. Hated hearing stories of people getting drops a few hours into the game while I played for 50 hours and got nothing.

Yeah it was fucking stupid to make characters loot drops. THEY AREN'T FUCKING LOOT THEY ARE THE CORE OF YOUR GAME!

Thank god it changed. Pretty damn annoyed I have to redownload the entire game again but at least I live in a country with blazing fast net!

edit: I even got fairly lucky. I got Black Widow off of a T2 magneto run at like 40 hours. Still a stupid damn system.

SirKhalid

I have mixed feeling about Eternity Splinter, it's great now that I can choose my next hero, but I feel that I will get less stuff with it. In 110 hours, I got thor, cyclop and storm and 5 hero token as myself. RNG was not too bad for me since I also got 2 costumes for hawkeye. Right now, I seem to get an average of 7 Eternity Splinter an hour. The 110 hours would have only gave me 770 Eternity Splinter, maybe 1100 if I use the average number from Doomsaw.

I am a little bit curious about gambling Eternity Splinter for a random hero token. I would love to get some statistics from other people to see if it's worth it.

hamchan

Midtown Manhattan bosses really do have a lot of health. What I've been doing is just running off to kill the blue and orange creeps. The bosses I ignore until they've been up for a while, then I just jump in to help around 1/3rd to 1/2 of their health remaining. So pretty much everyone else does most of the work i guess ><

Wallach

look at this guy

btw what determines the level of artifacts you get from fortune cards or is it all random

I don't think artifacts that come out of Fortune Cards have level requirements since they are just the cosmetic versions.

Ken

I don't think artifacts that come out of Fortune Cards have level requirements since they are just the cosmetic versions.

ooh I didn't know that. So only bosses drop artifacts right.

i also have a bunch of adamantium alloys from limbo. i put those in costumes right? is it just one core per costume and I can remove them later on right?

oh wow i need rank 10 crafter to add cores. 2 ranks away ;_;

Wallach

ooh I didn't know that. So only bosses drop artifacts right.

i also have a bunch of adamantium alloys from limbo. i put those in costumes right? is it just one core per costume and I can remove them later on right?

oh wow i need rank 10 crafter to add cores. 2 ranks away ;_;

Anything can drop artifacts, they're just somewhat rare.

Yeah, Adamantium Alloys are a type of costume core. Different heroes require a different type of costume core; Wolverine can only use Adamantium, Hulk can only use Radioactive, etc. You can put one core in a costume at a time, so applying a second overwrites the first one. The new ones now all have either 25% item rarity or 20% special item find bonus, then up to 2 more bonuses (which will either be stat boosts or powers that activate on using a medkit).

Ken

Anything can drop artifacts, they're just somewhat rare.

Yeah, Adamantium Alloys are a type of costume core. Different heroes require a different type of costume core; Wolverine can only use Adamantium, Hulk can only use Radioactive, etc. You can put one core in a costume at a time, so applying a second overwrites the first one. The new ones now all have either 25% item rarity or 20% special item find bonus, then up to 2 more bonuses (which will either be stat boosts or powers that activate on using a medkit).

Aw man. Should I dump those then? What does IM use?

CoLaN

Ok, I finally tried this game and... wow, I had a LOT of fun.

I dont understand the very low scores in some reviews. To be honest, Diablo 3 made me feel really bored during its first hours, even if i liked some aspects of it, and I went into this one not expecting much.

Some people criticized the graphics and the gameplay, but i really liked both from what i have seen. I bought 2100 Gs points and will buy a couple heroes to support the game, from a quick read of the forums the devs seem really active.

Ken

I dont understand the very low scores in some reviews. To be honest, Diablo 3 made me feel really bored during its first hours, even if i liked some aspects of it, and I went into this one not expecting much.

Some people criticized the graphics and the gameplay, but i really liked both from what i have seen. I bought 2100 Gs points and will buy a couple heroes to support the game, from a quick read of the forums the devs seem really active.

graphics are fine, but I feel like the game is a little shallow and it kind of rides on how much you like marvel and the heroes.

Also iron man stinks.

Vecks

I'm really liking midtown a lot. Found my first cosmic gear and an artifact. And I prefer these splinters. Yeah, they aren't as sweet as an actual hero drop, but I every time one drops, I'm pretty stoked. I especially love that they added sounds for rarer drops.

DrBo42

graphics are fine, but I feel like the game is a little shallow and it kind of rides on how much you like marvel and the heroes.

Also iron man stinks.

Pretty much. They really need to work on adding some depth to the combat. It's just faceroll city or getting stomped.

hamchan

Had good luck today.

Got a pet from a fortune card. Two eternity splinters dropped from one mob. Feels good.

Also crafting items stacking now. So good. I actually pick them all up now.

EDIT: Wow just had Human Torch Classic Blue costume drop. Very good day indeed.

EDIT: Now cosmic wristbands on Storm heck yeah.

Good to see you enjoyed it. The people who said the graphics are shit probably had it on ultra low. The game looks great to me.

Played this for the first time in a long time today for a 2-3 hours.

I managed to find:
  • several costume cores
  • a cosmic gear item
  • two artifacts
  • about 25 eternity splinters
  • 3 or 4 fortune cards
Which is basically more than I got through 50-60 hours of play previously - with no heroes nor costumes dropped.

Crafting items now stack (only to 10 but it's an improvement) and it isn't as ridiculously expensive to put costume cores on now as well - as I remember it being something like 300K?

Enjoying it much more now. I can start saving up these splinters for Emma Frost I suppose.

inky

I am a little bit curious about gambling Eternity Splinter for a random hero token. I would love to get some statistics from other people to see if it's worth it.

I'd say it is only worth it if you only have very few heroes (like <5) and don't really mind who you get randomly and want to try them all. It sounds like a cheap way to expand your roster.

The more heroes you have, the more likely it is you get a repeat and frankly, that sucks. I'd say that in almost every single case it is preferable to just go for who you want to play and not bother with random chances.

SirKhalid

I'd say it is only worth it if you only have very few heroes (like <5) and don't really mind who you get randomly and want to try them all. It sounds like a cheap way to expand your roster.

The more heroes you have, the more likely it is you get a repeat and frankly, that sucks. I'd say that in almost every single case it is preferable to just go for who you want to play and not bother with random chances.

Yeah, I only have 6 heroes so at first it might really be worth it. Later it might save me 25 Eternity Splinter for an ultimate upgrade or much more for a hero that I don't have.

CoLaN

I really cant decide how to spend my 2100 Gs. I would prefer a really fun to play ranged hero, and I was going for Rocket Raccoon but from the common opinion on the forum it seems a bit boring. I know well that MMORPGs forums are usually mostly whine tough, so i dont know if Rocket is actually boring to play or not.

Any suggestion? I could also go for a melee, if its really fun to play even at early levels.

DrBo42

I really cant decide how to spend my 2100 Gs. I would prefer a really fun to play ranged hero, and I was going for Rocket Raccoon but from the common opinion on the forum it seems a bit boring. I know well that MMORPGs forums are usually mostly whine tough, so i dont know if Rocket is actually boring to play or not.

Any suggestion? I could also go for a melee, if its really fun to play even at early levels.

Rocket Raccoon isn't very good at the moment. I think they're still trying to figure out what to do with him. For range Human Torch is fun, Cable is enjoyable, Iron Man is not. I believe Cyclops just got some much needed buffs and is playable now. For melee Hulk is the king of the patch. Personally I love Captain America's gameplay but he needs some work as well. Spidey has great animations but needs some love.

Wallach

Rocket Raccoon seems like a very interesting hero to me. He might not be that strong right now, but I think you might as well go for what you want to play as stuff changes fast in this game (Hulk was butt tier last week and now he's faceroll tier). RR's in the "second group" of heroes that are getting changes, so those should be coming to Test Center after the weekend sometime.

I just bought Punisher, and while I enjoy him, he's both booty sweat tier right now and fairly straightforward as far as design goes. Were I going to pick another ranged hero that's both interesting and powerful, I'd probably get Cable. He's got what's probably the best power set in the game variety-wise, and seems to have been affected the least by the DoT fix.

Xevren

Midtown Manhattan bosses really do have a lot of health. What I've been doing is just running off to kill the blue and orange creeps. The bosses I ignore until they've been up for a while, then I just jump in to help around 1/3rd to 1/2 of their health remaining. So pretty much everyone else does most of the work i guess ><

I feel if they either had less health, or spawned less frequently to encourage some roaming that'd be great. Most just wait for bosses to spawn and rush them. I like the zone for the xp and bosses aren't really worth it for that. But if you can get a couple people to roam around for ambushes the xp is great.

Wow I had no idea it was that bad for some people. I played 100 hours and got 3 hero drops.

I still think they should have left them in though. We could have had eternity splinter and random really rare hero drops.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys usually do with cube shards? Fortune cards or crafter exp?

About to start dumping mine into the crafter until I max it. Currently lvl 17 and it's taking forever to level up, I just want to be done with it already.

I'd suggest Wolverine for melee, he's crazy good now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thinking of buying one of the packs available. Is it worth it to spend $60? I was looking at the Cable, Wolverine, Deadpool, Colossus pack.

E: I only care about the characters, not costumes/cards/etc.

Top Bottom