• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Lord Phol

Haven't posted here in awhile but Ive been playing every now and then. The game really has come a long way since it first launched, so many improvements and so much more still to come. Say what you will about the game but the developers are really pouring their heart into it, you only need to spend a few minutes over at the forums to recognise that.

On aonther note, Im usually quite unlucky with drops in games such as this, but it's been the opposite with marvel heroes. Found wolverines bone claws yesterday and crafted a daredevil earth x costume from 3 crappy ones. Getting that one unique really refreshed my interest in the game. Still looking forward to playing as Nova, and that iron man rework looks sweet!

sleepykyo

Removing the unstable molecule requirement for upgrading has finally given a decent gold sink and made getting blues interesting again. Yay.

Lord Phol

Crafted a Spider-Man Big Time costume from 3 default ones :D. Pretty neat and a good trade! Don't have the hero though D:.
Now to decide if I should spend my splinters on Emma or Cyclops, they both have such awesome Marvel Now costumes :d.

KePoW

Banned
Wow, x-defense is even more awful after their update yesterday. Yeah I really hate this mode.

What exactly do you dislike about it? I don't see any hate for it.

It's a nice extra mode to do on the side, not something you do 100% of the time.

(don't say bad loot drops, because that is totally RNG)

Xevren

They buffed the scaling too fucking much on waves pre 20. It's never fun just being one shot over and over again. As is, I won't ever enter it. They even acknowledged that it wasn't scaling properly on waves over 20 so why the hell did they buff the lower waves that didn't even need it? It doesn't make any sense.

Well that sucks, the drop rates were tuned too high the other day and yesterday they scaled it back to normal. Watched that ship sail right past me.

Lord Phol

Something is weird with my graphics, almost all cyclops beam attacks look the same no matter what settings I'm using. They are just these red thin lines with no added gfx.
Anyone else stumbled upon this problem?

ex.

53518A9CF21359E8FC5BCABF24F0D53B4A8FFFA8

Lord Phol

That's normal, that's what it looks like on mine. Ricochet Blast right?

Really? But they looked alot more visually impressive in the beta. Now it's like he's shooting red painted spaghetti. Kind of dissapointed if this was made on purpose :s.

KePoW

Banned
Really? But they looked alot more visually impressive in the beta. Now it's like he's shooting red painted spaghetti. Kind of dissapointed if this was made on purpose :s.

Yes, Ricochet Blast has been completely changed visually from the beta, if that's the last time you saw it.

Lord Phol

Yes, Ricochet Blast has been completely changed visually from the beta, if that's the last time you saw it.

Aww, and I just put down 950Gs and 400 splinters to purchase mr spagetthi launcher with a costume D:. Perhaps he'll get an upgrade in the future, but I guess it's back to Wolverine for now. Thanks for the info!

KePoW

Banned
Aww, and I just put down 950Gs and 400 splinters to purchase mr spagetthi launcher with a costume D:. Perhaps he'll get an upgrade in the future, but I guess it's back to Wolverine for now. Thanks for the info!

Haha Cyclops is still pretty cool though. Optic Devastation and his Ultimate are pretty awesome looking.

Wallach

Hot off the presses for you Iron Man nerds:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/27843/iron-man-1-3-early-patch-notes

Michael Mayhem said:
Hey all! Here are the preliminary patch notes for the Iron Man rework which will be coming on patch 1.3. I'm extremely excited for the changes, and am anxious to hear what you guys think. Without further ado....

Iron Man

Energy Beams

Hovering - After continuously walking for a short period of time, Iron Man will activate his jet boots and hover along the ground. This will persist until you stop moving or attack. In the future, this new 'hover' feature will be implemented on other heroes who have a long history of hovering rather than walking across the battlefield.

Iron Man's power trees have been rearranged with new powers. All powers have received adjustments in regards to tuning values.

Repulsor Ray - Now deals 25% additional damage if you have a Force Shield active. The visuals have been improved to be more beam-like.

Unibeam - Iron Man now diverts a portion of his shield's energy to his arc reactor, powering up the Unibeam even further. You can still use the power with no Force Shield. The Unibeam's charge time has been set to a flat 1 second, to resolve player confusion around the charge power and make the tooltip damage more clear.

Repulsor Barrage - Power points now increase Repulsor Barrage's base rate of fire.

Freon Ray - This power has been removed, and Coolant Blast has taken its place (see below).

Pulse Bolt - The AoE radius of Pulse Bolt has been significantly increased, and now causes knockback.

Arc Reactor Enhancement (formerly Reserve Power) - No longer provides passive defense (moved to another power). Now provides a minimap radar tracking passive, and increases the damage of beam powers based on your maximum spirit. The power now resides in the Energy Beams tree.

Disruptor Beam - The visuals have been improved to be more beam-like.

Laser Devastation - A new power for Iron Man's Energy Beams tree. I'll let you guys see this one for yourselves... you may want to lead with this one.

Iron Man's Defense Shields tree is now 'Defense Systems', and contains both defensive Shield powers, and Iron Man's melee/close range powers.

Force Shield - Force Shield is now the only shield power available to Iron Man (Reflective, Kinetic, and Energy Shields have been removed). While active, the shield increases your defense. The maximum amount of shields per point has been increased, and the power has gained a brief cooldown.

Hyper-Velocity Charge - Now increases Iron Man's attack and movement speed for a short duration after charging. Now resides in the 'Defense Systems' tree.

Shield Shutdown - This power has been removed, and its functionality has been merged into Shield Overload (spirit regen) and Force Shield (defense with shields).

Shield Overload - Now restores a percentage of your maximum spirit when detonating the shield, and consumes only a portion of your maximum shield reserve. The bonus damage is no longer based on how much damage your shields have taken, but based on the amount of shields it consumed instead. The power now has a brief cooldown.

Voltaic Punch - A new basic power for Iron Man's Defense Systems tree. Iron Man goes toe to toe with an enemy, throwing heavy punches that deal increased critical damage.

Jet-Assisted Slam - The area of effect radius has been increased. Now resides in the 'Defense Systems' tree.

Coolant Blast - A new power for Iron Man, which has replaced Freon Ray. Iron Man channels a chilling spray of his internal coolant systems at enemies in front of them. Enemies who stand in the blast for too long will be frozen. In addition, Iron Man's melee powers deal double damage against frozen enemies.

Adaptive Defenses (formerly Shield Recharge) - The 'thorns' component of Reflective Shield has been combined into Adaptive Defenses. While your Force Shield is active, enemies that strike you in melee combat will take damage.

Death From Above - Now has scaling knockdown duration with power points. Now resides in the 'Defense Systems' tree.

Tech Gadgets

Wrist Rocket - A new power for Iron Man's Tech Gadgets tree, which has replaced Missile Salvo. Iron Man fires a small rocket from a wrist-mounted launcher, which explodes on targets and ignites them, dealing damage over time.

Micromissiles - Micromissiles now fire in a much quicker burst, and can be used on single targets for a burst of damage, or against no target and the missiles will seek out and track targets on their own.

Missile Control System (formerly Automated Missiles) - This power has been redesigned. It is now a passive which increases the critical rating of your missiles, and has a chance when firing any power to launch a missile.

System Reboot - A new power for Iron Man's Tech Gadgets tree. This passive will engage Iron Man's self-preservation systems when Tony is reduced to zero health, resuscitating his vitals and dealing damage to his attackers. Passively increases Iron Man's defense, which formerly was attached to Reserve Power.

Deployable Medic - A new power for Iron Man's Tech Gadgets tree. Iron Man throws a device to a target location, which deploys a combat medic drone. The drone heals anyone who stands in its area of effect.

Rain of Destruction - A new power for Iron Man's Tech Gadgets tree. Iron Man paints a target area for satellite missile bombardment, raining missiles down on anyone who stands in the blast radius.

House Party (Ultimate Power) - The drone suits summoned by House Party have been enhanced with AI. They will now follow Iron Man and pursue targets on their own. The Shotgun armor has been refitted with the new Coolant Blast, rather than Missile Salvo.

Xevren

Some of that sounds pretty cool, think I may save up my splinters for him.

Got the unique for Thing that adds 9k health...pretty fun having 16k health. Can just walk up and tank without a care in the world.

Those IM changes... so good. As long as the changes are paired with excellent damage output, I'm completely satisfied. Going to be tough settling on a spec.

Lord Phol

Yes the Iron Man changes sound awesome! Just spent 300Gs to get the Nightclub armor so I'm all set!
Hope he's not the last hero getting these treatments!

KePoW

Banned
Oh I was talking in the movie. I don't have that costume myself to take a look at closely in the game.

In the Store it looks cool

Ken

the red on spidey's suit is way too saturated and the eyes are a little too big so it comes off looking a little goofy

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Lady Deadpool looks pretty cool, I assume it will have a voice rework as well. But I really need those Iron Man changes. Like yesterday. He's my favorite hero and I've not played him in so long.

Wallach

Decided to grab another random hero box and got one of the heroes on my want list, Rocket Raccoon. Ballin'.

1.3 is expected for Thursday still, I think this one is being mostly whitelist tested or something as they're only planning 1 day of public testing. Kind of risky for what is a pretty large patch, hope it doesn't bite them (us) in the ass.

KePoW

Banned
Decided to grab another random hero box and got one of the heroes on my want list, Rocket Raccoon. Ballin'.

1.3 is expected for Thursday still, I think this one is being mostly whitelist tested or something as they're only planning 1 day of public testing. Kind of risky for what is a pretty large patch, hope it doesn't bite them (us) in the ass.

What are the major points for 1.3? I don't really read the forums much anymore, because of all the whiners and venom there from casuals.

Wallach

What are the major points for 1.3? I don't really read the forums much anymore, because of all the whiners and venom there from casuals.

- Luke Cage added
- Iron Man redesign
- Hero synergy system
- Team Insignia item slot (new item type that grants group auras)
- Punisher animation changes (Deadly Barrage M60, flamethrower, etc)
- Legendary Quest system (new quests to earn XP and a new currency called Odin Marks that have not been fully detailed yet)

That's all I can think of besides what will likely be a lot of smaller balance changes (FFoF nerf) and bug fixes.

KePoW

Banned
- Luke Cage added
- Iron Man redesign
- Hero synergy system
- Team Insignia item slot (new item type that grants group auras)
- Punisher animation changes (Deadly Barrage M60, flamethrower, etc)
- Legendary Quest system (new quests to earn XP and a new currency called Odin Marks that have not been fully detailed yet)

That's all I can think of besides what will likely be a lot of smaller balance changes (FFoF nerf) and bug fixes.

Ok got it, thanks!

Xevren

1 day of public testing? Oh boy. Well here's hoping it pans out alright. Still debating on either Luke Cage or Iron Man, up to 400 splinters so far...

Wallach

The TC seems to have been quietly made open. Not sure if intended or not.

Everything I mentioned seems to be on there except Punisher's new animations.

Edit - It went down when I logged out. They knew.

Xevren

Think I'm going to end up getting Luke Cage just because he can summon Iron Fist.

After playing Jean Grey the last 2 days I feel like shit for playing Scarlet, she's like her, just so much better.

Wallach

Think I'm going to end up getting Luke Cage just because he can summon Iron Fist.

After playing Jean Grey the last 2 days I feel like shit for playing Scarlet, she's like her, just so much better.

He starts with Iron Fist summon. He runs around and beats people up, and occasionally throws out a Chi heal.

Lord Phol

Well they also do internal testing that's alot more close to the live version build-wise. Though like always there's gonna be some things that are broken with this patch. Lots of fun stuff in it though, can hardly believe they managed to get it out so fast after the last big one.

Top Bottom