• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

thursday as in tomorrow?

1 day of testing. ironman is gonna be so broken, in a bad way lol.

the One Off damages yourself instead of enemies.

Well for now there's this...

X89MUBL.png

Also, check out Tasky's new medallion

frar.png

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
So I just used Iron Man's "The One-Of" (isn't it suppose to be One-Off?Guess they made a typo) but oh my..

iwBGfQs7QDqyy.gif

Edit: Offensively he seems good but his shield blows. Still dying to stuff faster than I do with other characters.

DrBo42

So when does IM even have bubble force shields? Kind of wish they just made him naturally tanky (lol) so he could take hits as he does in the movies.

Completely agree. Armor shouldn't be like paper yet for some reason it always is. Despite feedback on how weak his shield was in the test center it's still weak. I don't understand.

J-Tier

So far, Luke Cage has been cool.

Edit. LOL He seems glitchy. Dude slides around after chain yank and seems to end with a gigantic area attack for some reason.

Vecks

Yeah that's been gone for a long time.

That's a shame. I really wish they would do something else with basic attacks than have separate ones that essentially become useless over time. I don't understand why this system is the way it is. It just forces me to skip the first basic attack skill.

ElRenoRaven

BTW if any of you guys are thinking of Prestiging your character wait off. I and others have ran into some nasty bugs doing that.

I and others as soon as we did got disconnected and our character reset to 1 as it should. However we don't get the duplicate costume or our quests reset. This then results in you only having endgame quests with a level 1 character.

J-Tier

BTW if any of you guys are thinking of Prestiging your character wait off. I and others have ran into some nasty bugs doing that.

I and others as soon as we did got disconnected and our character reset to 1 as it should. However we don't get the duplicate costume or our quests reset. This then results in you only having endgame quests with a level 1 character.

Yikes! I'll keep that in mind.

Ken

oh gaz

KePoW

Banned
That's a shame. I really wish they would do something else with basic attacks than have separate ones that essentially become useless over time. I don't understand why this system is the way it is. It just forces me to skip the first basic attack skill.

Well every character gets a free Retcon while playing the story, so I just re-spec out of skills later on. Not a big deal to me.

Xevren

Tonight was the most fun I've had in MH, Luke Cage is just so much fun to play. Though it may just be due to my man love of Iron Fist. Getting gear with +iron fist and getting as much as I can has made him into a monster, that coupled with Cage's natural damage just makes for some good times. Can't wait to see what he can do later on.

Lord Phol

That's not really true though. All basic attacks now do different things, so it's just matter of taste which one you'll want to focus on. For example, Wolverine has one that hits really fast (good for healing and proc based builds), one that adds bleeding to mobs (good synergy with some of his other skills and nice for long fights), and one that helps him build meter faster (good for people who want to use his meter wasting attacks alot).

Imo this is far superior to having damage synergies where you are forced to waste points on skills you're not even gonna use. Also Retcons are plentiful and all big patches come with free respecs.

inky

Which relic do you guys use for Thor? I'm tempted to go movement speed because I love ms, but I want to know what you guys think/do as well =)

KePoW

Banned
Which relic do you guys use for Thor? I'm tempted to go movement speed because I love ms, but I want to know what you guys think/do as well =)

IMO I think movement speed is a waste on Thor. He already has both a charge and flight.

inky

It's because I was giving up my MS boots for a cosmic pair, but I realize it is a temporary fix while relics are a long term investment. I'll prolly go damage rating. I use charge but I skip flight unless I find it in an item.

Reading up on the patch notes now. God, this game has improved a lot since launch. Can't believe it has only been a few months since then too. It feels like the devs are working 24/7.

Vecks

That's not really true though. All basic attacks now do different things, so it's just matter of taste which one you'll want to focus on. For example, Wolverine has one that hits really fast (good for healing and proc based builds), one that adds bleeding to mobs (good synergy with some of his other skills and nice for long fights), and one that helps him build meter faster (good for people who want to use his meter wasting attacks alot).

Imo this is far superior to having damage synergies where you are forced to waste points on skills you're not even gonna use. Also Retcons are plentiful and all big patches come with free respecs.

I know they do different things, but certainly not for the same amount of invested points. The skills are limited (disregarding gear boosts) by level. One point in the last basic attack is about as effective as (totally guessing here) 10 points in the first one. I could be using all those points more effectively in other skills or even passives since I can only use one basic at a time, so leveling both basics is even more disadvantageous.

Basically, what I'm saying is... if these basic skills are all equally effective, then why not just make all basic attacks available early on? That way I can see which one I want to use and stick with it.

inky

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I'm completing the legendary quest requirements but they are not updating. Maybe I should reroll it.

KePoW

Banned
I know they do different things, but certainly not for the same amount of invested points. The skills are limited (disregarding gear boosts) by level. One point in the last basic attack is about as effective as (totally guessing here) 10 points in the first one.

This is not true anymore. In 1.3 they ramped up the scaling for low-level skills to be a lot higher.

Also, both inky and I already mentioned that you can re-spec later... there are plenty of Retcon items through quests or drops, I have literally 35 sitting in the stash.

inky

Are you on the correct difficulty and in the correct chapter?

Yes to both (Hell's kitchen or Jersey docks, Superheroic difficulty as noted by the red map outline). The only objective that shows as completed is "collect credits". Objectives that don't update: Kill Doop (done 3 times at least), Open 5 Shield Chests (opened like a billion of them), Clear 5 Treasure Rooms (which I assume are side areas that contain a treasure chest). I've done these a million times but still no change.

In other news, I got my first legendary. A lvl 40something Rocket Raccoon chest piece that grants some nice regen and def bonus when using the borrow ability. Pretty neat; too bad my RR is still level 1 >.<

KePoW

Banned
A lot of Legendary quests are definitely buggy.

Tip: Re-roll to get the Kill 25 Commanders one. It is super easy and works everytime.

Vecks

This is not true anymore. In 1.3 they ramped up the scaling for low-level skills to be a lot higher.

Also, both inky and I already mentioned that you can re-spec later... there are plenty of Retcon items through quests or drops, I have literally 35 sitting in the stash.

Okay, well if it's different now, it's fine. How long have you played to get so many? I have only used a retcon once in the 55 hours played according to steam, across 2 characters, and I only have 5 in my stash. So I prefer to save them for when I absolutely need to use them.

KePoW

Banned
Okay, well if it's different now, it's fine. How long have you played to get so many? I have only used a retcon once in the 55 hours played according to steam, across 2 characters, and I only have 5 in my stash. So I prefer to save them for when I absolutely need to use them.

I've played about 400 hours total. But I do own around 20 Heroes, and I make sure to do the Bullseye quest for each one on as many difficulty settings as I can.

So you can get 3 free retcon items for each Hero.

This game hates me so much. 90 hours played back when heroes were a drop, never got a single one.

Finally save up enough eternity splinters for a random hero, and it's a duplicate of hawkeye, who I picked as my starter.

God damn.

160 hours in and I still only have the two characters I bought and the starters you get for free.

Xevren

This game hates me so much. 90 hours played back when heroes were a drop, never got a single one.

Finally save up enough eternity splinters for a random hero, and it's a duplicate of hawkeye, who I picked as my starter.

God damn.

160 hours in and I still only have the two characters I bought and the starters you get for free.

That sucks and I feel your pain. I've done the random hero box 4 times, 1st it gave me Jean Grey who I didn't have. The other 3 were all Storm who I had unlocked already. So I gave up on that and just save up for the sure thing.

SmokinDan

I'll likely just keep randoming and then wait for a sale on heroes to put some money into the game. Spent 70 hours and no dollars yet.

I'd love to by some stashes but no way I'm spending $5 for some more space.

inky

For all the complaining I do about never getting a single costume drop (still haven't) I got plenty of heroes as drops before the eternity splinters thing. I think that in the time it took me to collect my first two hundred ES, I had already got at least 3 heroes as drops. I own about half the roster, but I'm still not going to bother with random boxes. I still have a bunch of Gs so I'll wait for a sale.

I'm really enjoying these last two patches too.

Vecks

I'm just about to get enough for a random hero box (I only got my 3 starters), but all these horror stories are making me worried. I figure I might as well try it once since the odds should be okay, but... not hopeful.

On the plus side, I found a unique. Are there uniques for each slot of a character? Or is it just one unique?

KePoW

Banned
For Absoludacrous and Vecks, why not just get another 25 splinters and then you can pick the specific hero you want?

I don't understand people who complain about random boxes, that's how it goes.

I've loved random boxes and I like learning about a hero I maybe didn't care about before. So far I've rolled the dice twice and gotten Cable and Hulk.

I've had only two costume drops so far, a scarlet witch and a rocket raccoon. Got a deadpool costume from a fortune card. It was a duplicate from my inaugural pack, though.

Vecks

For Absoludacrous and Vecks, why not just get another 25 splinters and then you can pick the specific hero you want?

There's no real particular hero I want, but I would much rather get a hero that isn't a starter. That's why I want to roll a random because at 200, they are almost all starters, with the possible exception of Black Widow. So I figure I might as well give it a shot (or two if all goes well) since two random rolls is still cheaper than one normal priced hero at 400.

I do wonder how random it is though, if someone gets 3 storms in a row.

Wallach

I'm just about to get enough for a random hero box (I only got my 3 starters), but all these horror stories are making me worried. I figure I might as well try it once since the odds should be okay, but... not hopeful.

On the plus side, I found a unique. Are there uniques for each slot of a character? Or is it just one unique?

Most characters currently have 3 uniques, some 4, and I think Luke Cage may have a full 5 (since he was still in dev by the time uniques were finalized and already live).

200 doesn't really get you anyone cool. And I figured the odds were with me, given I only have 5 heroes versus the rest of the roster.

Obviously I know it's random, but it still sucks when it doesn't go your way.

Ken

Played half an hour of the new IM.

Seems fun but I was as spirit-starved as ever though that's because my gear's fault not being spirit focused.

Relics seem...dumb?

weird, was story stuff normal mode always this easy, or is the weird combo of old ass launch era gear + new gear + new damage/def formulas made my IM a bit broke?

In the lvl 20ish zone and IM regens hp faster than mobs can hurt him. don't even need shield up.

The game was always easy as hell. They have continually buffed everyone as well so it was just made easier overall. Only hard stuff is now the end game content.

Top Bottom