• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

weird, was story stuff normal mode always this easy, or is the weird combo of old ass launch era gear + new gear + new damage/def formulas made my IM a bit broke?

In the lvl 20ish zone and IM regens hp faster than mobs can hurt him. don't even need shield up.

Normal is pretty easy, jump into heroic once you're done or try some other modes out and the difficulty will start to spike a bit.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Bought a random hero box this morning and got Luke Cage. While I'm not very interested in him I think his Heroes for Hire tree looks really cool. Can you only have one summoned character out at a time? If you could roll with a full group of heroes that would be so awesome.

Xevren

Bought a random hero box this morning and got Luke Cage. While I'm not very interested in him I think his Heroes for Hire tree looks really cool. Can you only have one summoned character out at a time? If you could roll with a full group of heroes that would be so awesome.

He has an ability with a 2 minute cool down with short duration that lets them all come out, or you can do the 1 at a time deal.

Tenacity on bosses is pretty messed up at the moment if you have a good stun. With Luke you can keep them stun locked with drop kick all day. Pretty funny.

Vecks

I just got Colossus from a hero box. Anyone know how his armor works? Is it just extra hit points that regenerate faster than normal health?
EDIT: Never mind about the armor boost not working, looks like it was just a bug or something.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
He has an ability with a 2 minute cool down with short duration that lets them all come out, or you can do the 1 at a time deal.

Tenacity on bosses is pretty messed up at the moment if you have a good stun. With Luke you can keep them stun locked with drop kick all day. Pretty funny.

Doh that's what I figured. I guess having them all out all the time would have been overpowered haha. Probably still check him out though.

KePoW

Banned
weird, was story stuff normal mode always this easy, or is the weird combo of old ass launch era gear + new gear + new damage/def formulas made my IM a bit broke?

In the lvl 20ish zone and IM regens hp faster than mobs can hurt him. don't even need shield up.

Normal mode is easy for any hero.

But Iron Man is one of the OP right now too.

Wallach

I was doing some Brood wave 1 farming in X-Defense earlier. 6 uniques in about 2 hours. I definitely had better luck than the rest of my group but I don't think anyone left with less than 1 unique.

Xevren

I was doing some Brood wave 1 farming in X-Defense earlier. 6 uniques in about 2 hours. I definitely had better luck than the rest of my group but I don't think anyone left with less than 1 unique.

What is this brood farming, you guys just do wave 1 over and over again or what? I pretty much gave up on x-defense but damn, if you're getting uniques like that then I gotta try it maybe...

Wallach

What is this brood farming, you guys just do wave 1 over and over again or what? I pretty much gave up on x-defense but damn, if you're getting uniques like that then I gotta try it maybe...

Yeah, have the party leader reset until you find Brood on wave 1 (the one where you kill the 5 named Hybrids), then zone in and kill them. Everyone bodyslides out, then back in once everyone's out, which will keep Broods on wave 1. They seem to have the same loot table as any other supervillian, but there's 5 of them and you can maul them pretty quick compared to trying it with Brotherhood wave 1 or something.

Xevren

Yeah, have the party leader reset until you find Brood on wave 1 (the one where you kill the 5 named Hybrids), then zone in and kill them. Everyone bodyslides out, then back in once everyone's out, which will keep Broods on wave 1. They seem to have the same loot table as any other supervillian, but there's 5 of them and you can maul them pretty quick compared to trying it with Brotherhood wave 1 or something.

Interesting, gonna have to try this.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh I went up to Wave 12 and with loot rarity at +264% I didn't get anything worth a crap. Also had a +50% potion going.

Xevren

Got impatient and spent my splinters on random boxes. 2 more fucking storm tokens. 5 times I've used random boxes 4 storms and 1 jean. Sigh...

hamchan

Got impatient and spent my splinters on random boxes. 2 more fucking storm tokens. 5 times I've used random boxes 4 storms and 1 jean. Sigh...

Yeah it's stories like this that makes me doubt the supposed equal random chance for each hero in the random box. The chance to get 4 storms out of 5, in a hero pool of 25, is super duper low.

Xevren

Yeah it's stories like this that makes me doubt the supposed equal random chance for each hero in the random box. The chance to get 4 storms out of 5, in a hero pool of 25, is super duper low.

I have 11 out of 25, in all honesty I just wanted someone new. I would be willing to try any of them out at all, but nope. Think I'm just going to play some GTA for awhile, between my bad luck with boxes and the bugs with Cage I just need a breather.

KePoW

Banned

It would be low, but not like lottery low. Very small sample size, could easily happen.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm seems like they fixed Iron Man this morning. I don't seem to be dying nearly as quickly now. But the game is crashing like crazy now though!

Vecks

Hmm seems like they fixed Iron Man this morning. I don't seem to be dying nearly as quickly now. But the game is crashing like crazy now though!

I've been getting serious lag, and some people are complaining about disconnects. Looks somewhat unstable at the moment.

KePoW

Banned
Still no auto grouping for X Defense?

Did they put in the Punisher animation changes yet?

I don't believe so on auto-grouping, but it's very easy to find a group for X-Def

Not sure on Punisher animation changes... curious about that too, haven't played Punisher in a while.

KePoW

Banned
Bonus Weekend in effect until the 9th. 50% boost in experience, special items and rarity.
FAQ Here.

Ok I know this is a miniscule sample size and anecdotal... but in the past two hours, I have gotten:

- two separate drops of 10-Splinters (whereas I've gotten one ever since it came out... been two or three months?)

- one Unique

- four Cosmics

2013-10-06_00001.jpg

whose the guy with the spear?

GManDH

will be playing all night today and most of day tomorrow. message me on GAF or ingame to join up. im at 47colo and trying to get to 50 before wed, if possible.

Xevren

Jeez! Jean Grey is honestly a bit OP right now, at least her Phoenix tree. It needs to be adjusted down a bit.

They should just let her be for now and work on heroes that really need help. Phoenix is pretty nutty, but I rather a character be strong than weak as crap currently.

That unique is awesome, I just got one for Black Widow that is just an absolute joke. :(

Wallach

They should just let her be for now and work on heroes that really need help. Phoenix is pretty nutty, but I rather a character be strong than weak as crap currently.

That unique is awesome, I just got one for Black Widow that is just an absolute joke. :(

Did you get the gloves? It cracks me up they have tenacity vs freeze only (which doesn't even exist anymore).

A bunch of uniques should be getting buffs this Thursday's patch. Hopefully Old Painless is among them.

Xevren

Did you get the gloves? It cracks me up they have tenacity vs freeze only (which doesn't even exist anymore).

A bunch of uniques should be getting buffs this Thursday's patch. Hopefully Old Painless is among them.

Yep, it's the shitty gloves. I had my expectations low to begin with after hearing that her uniques were pretty bad but still, they're terrible.

Really enjoying playing Black Widow though, just blowing everything up is a lot of fun. Really thinking about buying her Thunderbolt costume, looks so good.

Xevren

Just a heads up, but if you sign up for the giveaway here, you'll get 5x 2 hour rare find boost and 5x 2 hour exp boosts. I just got mine after signing up yesterday. You don't need a facebook account or anything to get it.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying playing Black Widow though, just blowing everything up is a lot of fun. Really thinking about buying her Thunderbolt costume, looks so good.

Totally agree about Black Widow. I got her from a random box this morning and while I don't know how good she is at higher levels I gotta say so far this is the most fun I've had with a new character.

messing around with im and think i found his thing. somewhere somehow his pulse bolt is ridiculous, huge range + stun + good damage. that + jericho barrage + micro missle + one off.

You don't feel like a hero, you feel like a wmd.

Whoops. Wrong posts in wrong threads.

What I meant to put here:
Iron Man is really a walking WMD ordinance now. I've liked doing Midtown with him. I also like that Deadpool is an actual playable character now, his melee tree is nuts.

I still really want to get on the Jean Grey band wagon, I've wanted her for a while now.

Xevren

Whoops. Wrong posts in wrong threads.

What I meant to put here:
Iron Man is really a walking WMD ordinance now. I've liked doing Midtown with him. I also like that Deadpool is an actual playable character now, his melee tree is nuts.

I still really want to get on the Jean Grey band wagon, I've wanted her for a while now.

Jean is really good, but I think she's really boring. Just consists of running into things and using the same couple abilities over and over again. It does work though. Phoenix tree is pretty crazy atm.

Jean is really good, but I think she's really boring. Just consists of running into things and using the same couple abilities over and over again. It does work though. Phoenix tree is pretty crazy atm.

Jean is good to the point of being broken. Best AOE in the game and also a great tank. So if I put a single point into one skill I become one of the best tanks in the game? I guess I'll take that. And with the increased emphasis on AOE damage with MM and X Defense it's just crazy how much better you can level/farm with minimal gear compared to the rest of the cast.

sleepykyo

Jeez! Jean Grey is honestly a bit OP right now, at least her Phoenix tree. It needs to be adjusted down a bit.

She doesn't irk me as much as BW did. At least JG's single target damage is pretty low even with lethargy+psychic hammer+inferno going. Not to mention, that it has only been recently that she has been great.

I'd rather see Captain America, Colussus, Luke Cage, Punisher and Daredevil get significant buffs/redesigns for their 15 minutes of fame like Jean/Emma/Hulk/Thor.

X-def has really changed my opinion on Hawkeye. I still hate playing as him. But hanging out by a phoenix and funneling enemies toward her with shrieking arrows, while countering pyro with nullifier arrows feels so good when it works out.

Vecks

New small patch 1.32 (including some general/permanent boosts to exp curve and drop rate) and a Halloween sale.
Wolverine and Punisher are at reduced prices- 650 Gs.
I've been playing somewhat on and off, so I must ask, have there been sales before on other characters?

I've been playing somewhat on and off, so I must ask, have there been sales before on other characters?

Yeah Cap has gone down to 600G and Iron Man, Spidey, and Deadpool have gone down to 1000G. The rest of the heroes have had blanket reductions (like 20% or so).

Where do you see the hero synergies? Got email about the system but see nowhere in game to show the same menu the email showed.

Also what are the legendary quests thing?

They are on the achievements page. If at any point, you've rebound the V key, it will be unbound. Just open up the keybind options and bind it, then open up for synergy goodness.

No, achievements are not in the game yet.

KePoW

Banned
Where do you see the hero synergies? Got email about the system but see nowhere in game to show the same menu the email showed.

Also what are the legendary quests thing?

Hit 'V'

Legendary Quests give tons of XP and Odin Marks, which is a currency needed to add ubar enchants to your items.

Top Bottom