• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

They made it sound like they're waiting to try and get the Richard Rider version in so he's on hiatus for awhile.

I'll forgive the delay if they bring the superior version.

Okay time to update my game when that patch launches. Been grinding FFXIV for a while now.

A bunch of that stuff is already in the game. Sounds like a roadmap trailer instead of a singular patch.

Wallach

1.4 is on the Test Center by the way, if you want to try out Squirrel Girl or check out the new Spider-Man changes (though apparently the build is early so they need to update to push the rest of SM's stuff to TC). There's a recipe to reroll a unique's stats but it takes 2 Unstable Molecules and 1,000,000 credits, which is pretty rough.

There's a good bit of QOL changes in the 1.4 patch from what I could tell (finally copy/paste on the login screen, UI elements for medkit/ultimate, new XP bar, some other UI graphic changes) but mostly I'm just biding my time until Frankencastle and Punisher's new weapons. That and I'd really like Hawkeye to get a rework. I thought Rocket Raccoon was bad in the early levels, but there is nobody in the game that sucks early like Hawkeye. His DPS is shockingly bad until you're 50+.

Wallach

Is that the one that raises the level of the Unique too?

No, it just rerolls all of the variable modifiers (like the one that already exists for Artifacts). Supposedly the one that levels a Unique to your level will come with the Asgard patch (November).

Xevren

I really wish they'd just do away with unstables, I can go weeks without seeing any while always doing red terminals every day. I also hate how credits have been since 1.3, I never really had a problem getting credits until then now it's just painfully slow.

KePoW

Banned
I really wish they'd just do away with unstables, I can go weeks without seeing any while always doing red terminals every day. I also hate how credits have been since 1.3, I never really had a problem getting credits until then now it's just painfully slow.

Have you been re-rolling Legendary quests a lot? That adds up quickly.

Wallach

I'm talking about new ones being added for me to get excited about.

I hope for a Rucka Punisher skin at least.

Yeah I'd love for this skin to show up at some point:

RSzYj5u.jpg

I'm thinking the version with the trench on would be too similar to his other trench skin.

DrBo42

Has there been any confirmation what the most efficient late-game leveling method is? Have a 46 or so Iron Man that I want to eventually prestige. Should I go through the hardest difficulty story or what?

Wallach

Has there been any confirmation what the most efficient late-game leveling method is? Have a 46 or so Iron Man that I want to eventually prestige. Should I go through the hardest difficulty story or what?

Near as I can tell, right now it would cost a lot of credits, staying in Midtown while cycling Odin quests. Whether that is true after this next patch I don't know since there are some Midtown changes in it.

Edit - BTW, there is a Fortune Card Mark III on the TC which has Punisher Noir and Deadpool Ultimate costumes in it, among other new things (like a costume visual that makes things explode when killed, or causes balloons to fly out when you brutal strike).

The fastest way to level comes down to 1. Pick up Phoenix or some other absurd AoE character with survivability. 2. Do stuff with lots of mobs. The most difficulty you can do without faceplanting. Really that's what the entire game comes down to. Around level 46 cow farms would probably be quickest if you can afford it. Midtown Manhattan skipping bosses if you can't. Around 55+ switch over to the Mutate Marsh area whose name I forget at the moment.

KePoW

Banned
Edit - BTW, there is a Fortune Card Mark III on the TC which has Punisher Noir and Deadpool Ultimate costumes in it, among other new things (like a costume visual that makes things explode when killed, or causes balloons to fly out when you brutal strike).

I really hate some costumes being tied to Fortune Cards, I think that's crap.

Even if they made the costumes expensive like 20 bucks or whatever, that's better than the Fortune Card bs

I really hate some costumes being tied to Fortune Cards, I think that's crap.

Agreed. I love the noir outfits, and the two they've added so far are locked to cards, which makes me worried this may become a trend for them. Also wanted that Deadpool Ultimate outfit they stuck on the Mark III cards.

I wouldn't mind it if they were to rotate the previous set of cards to the cube shard vendor as they add more, but so far that doesn't seem to be their plan.

sleepykyo

The fastest way to level comes down to 1. Pick up Phoenix or some other absurd AoE character with survivability. 2. Do stuff with lots of mobs. The most difficulty you can do without faceplanting. Really that's what the entire game comes down to. Around level 46 cow farms would probably be quickest if you can afford it. Midtown Manhattan skipping bosses if you can't. Around 55+ switch over to the Mutate Marsh area whose name I forget at the moment.

Evolution facility.

Post buff, running legendaries seems great if you get can afford to reroll.

Wallach

May buy a box of the new cards today to try and get Punisher Noir. Will have to think about it because I'd probably not put more money into the game to get Frankencastle until next month.

Rocket got the shit nerfed out of Cunning Plan, by the way. It was nerfed by about 80% in dodge rating provided. Couldn't tell you why.

Vecks

Edit: I don't like the green XP. Back to yellow pls.

I don't mind it myself. But is there a reason why they changed it? Is it just because the xp bar is green?

Anyway, I do like some of the changes. The UI is tighter and cleaner and having a little timer/hotkey for ultimates (along with reduced cooldown) is nice. Now I can actually remember that the ultimates exist since I used to just dump them on an F2 hotkey.

Played this afternoon for the first time in months. Squirrel Girl was a blast from 1-12. I'm playing her mainly as ranged because those are the most visually appealing skills. Either she's very OP or bugged (or both), I can't tell.

So I'm on a bit of a marvel kick, and figured hey, marvel diablo, why not?

So I'm DLing now, if I want to play spider-man my options are to grind for him or buy him right? How long would that take/how much is he?

Also, it looks like they added a superior spider-man skin, which is awesome because I'm loving superior, is there any way I could get that in game without having to spend money? Like, can you trade skins? Although honestly if the skin is $10 or less I may just buy it if I can get the webhead himself for free.

Xevren

So I'm on a bit of a marvel kick, and figured hey, marvel diablo, why not?

So I'm DLing now, if I want to play spider-man my options are to grind for him or buy him right? How long would that take/how much is he?

Also, it looks like they added a superior spider-man skin, which is awesome because I'm loving superior, is there any way I could get that in game without having to spend money? Like, can you trade skins? Although honestly if the skin is $10 or less I may just buy it if I can get the webhead himself for free.

Spider man is 600 splinters last I checked, and I have no idea how it works for new players now but I think you get 100 splinters at 3 different points in the story now instead of a starter now. Also you can get a splinter about once every 10 minutes or so. So it just depends on how much you play.

As for the costume it is possible to find it, but very very rarely. If it's something you really want then buying it is the best bet, but I would suggest trying the game out to see it's something you would like first.

....superior spider-man is twenty fucking dollars. for a skin with voice acting. I don't even.

Do the points ever go on sale?

Points don't, but they do have sales on costumes and heroes. Superior Spiderman is a deluxe costume, as besides the voice acting, the suit has unique animations and such that the normal costumes don't have.

Foofaraw

....superior spider-man is twenty fucking dollars. for a skin with voice acting. I don't even.

Do the points ever go on sale?

Yeah. I feel the same way. I can get entire games for half the cost of the skin for a character in this game. Splinters seem to take a long time time grind and you only get 200 for completing the game. This is enough to get you either a random character, another starter, or Black Widow.

Vecks

Costumes are incredibly rare. I haven't even found a single costume yet. I wouldn't count on actually finding a costume you want by a lucky drop.

Kurod

Banned
I've been wanting to get back in and play with the Spider-Man changes (even have 2000g saved up for his costume) but the launcher keeps crapping out on me. I guess I'm going to have to redownload the entire game again.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been wanting to get back in and play with the Spider-Man changes (even have 2000g saved up for his costume) but the launcher keeps crapping out on me. I guess I'm going to have to redownload the entire game again.

Do you use Steam? Download it from there if you do.

Yeah. I feel the same way. I can get entire games for half the cost of the skin for a character in this game. Splinters seem to take a long time time grind and you only get 200 for completing the game. This is enough to get you either a random character, another starter, or Black Widow.

You get 200 for going through the story, and you on average should get about 10 splinter in an hour. Story takes quite a few hours to play though, so your going to end the story with much more than 200 splinters.

KePoW

Banned

Just fully uninstall the old launcher version of the game and use Steam. No headaches that way.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah. I feel the same way. I can get entire games for half the cost of the skin for a character in this game.

Very few of the costumes are $20. Vast majority are much cheaper than that.

When it comes down to it, they are strictly cosmetic and this is a F2P game.

Very few of the costumes are $20. Vast majority are much cheaper than that.

When it comes down to it, they are strictly cosmetic and this is a F2P game.

Yeah, honestly while that is excessive it's no worse than other F2P games like LoL.

The only thing that's killing me now is base hero prices for spidey, iron man, and deadpool being exorbitant. Considering I want spider-man its's gonna take me forever to get him unlocked with splinters.

Other than that the base game seems good enough. Level 10 daredevil and the game is Diablo with marvel characters, and that's really all I wanted. Map could use some work though :p

inky

I got this unique:

HgDz40X.png

It looks like a duffel bag, LOL. (I know it's supposed to be special gear inside the bag :p)

It's pretty OK for its level too.

Top Bottom